News:

Main Menu

Rewatchability

Started by PostdroneDuck, February 12, 2024, 03:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PostdroneDuck

What show/movie do you find yourself rewatching over the years? Have you ever analyzed why? 

I find a lot of mine are maybe less because they were great (although they have their moments) and more because they are familiar/comfortable and came out at just the right time in my life. So maybe more to do with nostalgia? Shows like House, old Simpsons or South Park.

There are ones that I truly loved though. Like Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind or Kiki's Delivery Service (1998). 

crimsonsuffering

Quote from: PostdroneDuck on February 12, 2024, 03:18:44 PMWhat show/movie do you find yourself rewatching over the years? Have you ever analyzed why?

I find a lot of mine are maybe less because they were great (although they have their moments) and more because they are familiar/comfortable and came out at just the right time in my life. So maybe more to do with nostalgia? Shows like House, old Simpsons or South Park.

There are ones that I truly loved though. Like Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind or Kiki's Delivery Service (1998).

House is one of my favorites to rewatch as well, especially to have on in the background. And funnily enough Howls Moving Castle. Studio Ghibli is just comfort-core and beautiful to watch every time.

My most rewatched is the Pride and Prejudice mini-series, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion from the 1990’s. Watching them became a family tradition, and when I grew older I would watch with friends as well. I wonder what that says about me lol. I guess I’m a romantic at heart. It’s the nostalgia and an escape from the world for a few hours,  with a happy ending. 

Kelindel

Honestly, for me I find myself rewatching youtube videos a lot. I don't tend to rewatch a lot of tv shows in the traditional sense a lot, or movies, except if they are really my favorites, like Shawshank Redemption or rarified stand outs that appeal to me in some key way.

Lilias

I have rewatched Babylon 5 a lot over the years. Keep reminding myself that seasons 2-4 are the literal handbook for resistance against authoritarianism. Last time was just before the holidays, when we got the (long overdue) Blue-ray set. Right now we're doing the same with Grimm. I had forgotten just how good, and how much fun, it was.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

PostdroneDuck

Quote from: Kelindel on February 12, 2024, 11:40:58 PMHonestly, for me I find myself rewatching youtube videos a lot. I don't tend to rewatch a lot of tv shows in the traditional sense a lot, or movies, except if they are really my favorites, like Shawshank Redemption or rarified stand outs that appeal to me in some key way.
Oh same! I used to rewatch the Nostalgia Critics videos a lot. 

RedRose

I used to re-watch and re-read so much more before internet! 
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]