The Sky Knights of Aard - D&D 5e CLOSED

Started by pdragon, March 31, 2023, 03:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

The Sky Knights of Aard

Sky Knights, the soaring defenders of Aard's skies. You, like many other children of the Flying Isles, would have grown up hearing stories of their great feats and heroic deeds. Some were fact, some mere fiction, but they were inspiring all the same. Perhaps it was those old stories that inspired you, perhaps you yourself had been aided in a moment of need, or perhaps you simply coveted the fame and prestige that came with the title. Whatever the spark, that burning ambition led you to join the Sky Knights, and after two years of grueling training and apprenticeship you are finally on the verge of being officially knighted. However as you will soon find out, your trials and tribulations don't end at graduation, it's where they truly begin.

"May the winds of Aard blow behind you."

Hey everyone, pdragon here. I'm looking to start up a new DnD game, set in my own homebrewed setting: The World of Averta. More precisely it takes place on the continent of Aard, a vast land of
floating islands
and
flying cities
, collectively known as the Flying Isles. I'm seeking a group of 4, maybe 5, players to play a class of apprentices who are about to graduate into fully fledged
Sky Knights
, an elite order of flying mounted warriors dedicated to serving the people of Aard, both assisting them with their troubles and defending them from dire threats.

The game will start with their final exam, a short linear quest to prove themselves worthy. And from there the game will widely expand, with the party given the freedom to venture out into the world to patrol the skies and establish their own outpost. As such there will be elements of exploration, questing, combat, base/settlement building, and maybe even politics if you end up impressing/offending the right/wrong people.

Rules
Rules
1. Be cool

2. DM has final call

3. Post frequency will preferably be at least 2 posts a week, 3 during combat scenes.

4. If you are unable to post I'll keep the scene moving forward with a minimal amount of puppeteering. In combat I'll have your character attack/assist with a non-resource expending move (or as little resources expending as possible).

5. Illustrated art for characters only

6. Some rolls, such as saves, will be rolled for the players by the DM for the sake of speed and efficiency. Any abilities or special modifiers that can be applied to these rolls may be applied retroactively at the player's request.

7. Initiative will be handled as such: When combat begins I shall roll initiative on everyone's behalf. Any PCs who roll above the enemies will be allowed to go first in any order. After that we'll be using block initiative, with enemies all taking their turns together and PCs able to post in any order. Please do not wait on another player to post in combat unless you are specifically cordinating for an attack/strategic set up.

8. The Sky Knights are intended to be a good aligned faction, and as such the game leans towards good PCs, at least at the start.

9.  Assessment Checks: this is a custom mechanic that will allow the party to reveal information on the enemies they're fighting, from stats to powers to unique mechanics for boss fights. Fights will often be more difficult/complex than more typical 5e encounters, so use of this check may prove crucial.
Assessment
As a bonus action on your turn you may choose to make an assessment check on an enemy you're fighting. This check will usually be a perception or investigation roll, but may require a different skill depending on the type of enemy.

There are two DC's for this check: A minor success, and a major success.

If you manage to beat the minor success DC you can reveal one piece of information about the enemy, whether that be its ability scores, its HP, what attacks it has, etc. etc. that is then shared to the rest of the party. If you beat the major success DC you can reveal two pieces of information about the enemy. In addition there may be some traits of an enemy that can only be revealed with a major success, and will be marked as "(Major)" accordingly.

10. Smut: While the game can/will feature smut of various kinds, it will not have a constant focus on it. Consider it to be a mostly normal game with occasional spikes of smuttiness, rather than a purely smut focused game. Ofcourse PCs can choose to engage in sexual activity with each other, within side threads/discord channels, and can always attempt to solve problems with seduction during otherwise non-smut missions.

11. The exact levels and types of smut content can be decided on as a group. The majority of NPCs with smut scenes will be females and futas, though men and monsters may also be involved on occassion.

12. The game will have a discord which will be used for OOC chat, updates/announcements, and dice rolls (though E's dice roller can also be used). The discord will also host an in-character chat channel. This channel can be used for characters to have quick exchanges or conversations that would otherwise take a long time to play out post by post, and will sometimes be used during quests. As such having and using the discord will be mandatory.

13. You do not need a full character sheet prepared to apply for the game. However your application will not be considered until you have at least a basic concept, race/class, and image picked out for your character.

14. The game is not first come first served, though I will cut off applications early if we get around 8 to 9-ish character submissions.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

pdragon

Character Creation

While the party may technically be starting out as apprentices, they are far from inexperienced newcomers. The Sky Knights are an elite group after all, and only those of exemplary skill and determination can make it all the way to graduation without getting weeded out. As such the PCs will be starting at level 3, representing both their experience from before joining the Sky Knights and the two years of rigorous training they've undergone up to this point.

Also while they may be called knights, that does not mean they are limited only to armored martial classes. The Sky Knights have just as much need for spellcasters, healers, and roguish types as any other well balanced fighting force does. However while the "Knight" part isn't all encompassing, the "Sky" part very much is. Due to the nature of Aard's geography, everything from travel to combat will usually involve flight in some capacity, adding an extra layer of danger to every encounter. Every combat is effectively a triple threat between you, your enemies, and the long fall to the surface should you slip. Fortunately as experienced fliers you all have several protections in place to help prevent such a fate, but the threat of gravity can never be fully mitigated.

Character Creation Rules
-Characters start at level 3, but will advance to level 4 relatively quickly.

-Max HP per level

-You can roll for ability scores (4d6 drop the lowest), and may then choose to either keep your rolled scores or go with 27 point-buy. Please use E's dice roller for proof of your rolls.

-Any race/class is accepted. 3rd party and homebrew content may be approved on a case by case basis. My setting also includes a few custom races, subraces, and reskins of existing races, so inquire if interested.

-My setting comes with it's own collection of gods and patrons for divine classes and warlocks. If you feel that none of the current options fully fit what you want for your character then we can workshop a new god/patron for you.

-Characters will start with starting gear for their class, along with 600 gold to spend on extra equipment and items (using this list for prices).

-Players will be given a flying mount to act as their partner. As learning to care for and ride your mount is part of Sky Knight training, you gain Animal Handling as a bonus proficiency.
You get to choose between a
Pegasus
Pegasus
Armor Class 14
Hit Points: 60
Speed 60 ft., fly 70 ft.

STR: 16 (+3)   - DEX: 16 (+3)   - CON:16 (+3)
INT: 10 (+0)  - WIS: 15 (+2)  -  CHA: 13 (+1)   

Saving Throws Dex +5, Wis +4, Cha +3
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Dark Vision 60ft. passive Perception 16
Languages: Understands common and any spoken by rider, can't speak

ACTIONS
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d12 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
, a
Wyvern
Wyvern
Armor Class 16
Hit Points: 80
Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft.

STR: 18 (+4)   - DEX: 14 (+2)   - CON:18 (+4)
INT: 12 (+1)  - WIS: 14 (+2)  -  CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws Dex +4, Str +6, Wis +4
Skills: Perception +4
Senses: Dark Vision 60ft. passive Perception 14

ACTIONS
Fangs. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (2d6 + 4) piercing damage.
Tail Swipe. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d10 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
, and a
Dire Bird
Dire Bird
Armor Class 19
Hit Points: 50
Speed 25 ft., fly 80 ft.

STR: 14 (+2)   - DEX: 20 (+5)   - CON:12 (+1)
INT: 8 (-1)  - WIS: 12 (+1)  -  CHA: 12 (+1)

Saving Throws Dex +7, Wis +3, Cha +3
Skills: Perception +3
Senses: Dark Vision 60ft. passive Perception 13

ACTIONS
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d8 + 2) piercing damage.
Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d8 + 2) slashing damage.

-The PCs will be an established team at the beginning of the game, having trained together at the outpost for at least 2 two years, so make sure your character's backstory can account for that time (i.e. no brand new arrivals just meeting the group for the first time). Exact relationships and prior connections can be worked out once the party has been finalized.

-Finalized character sheets should be presented in a format that can easily be shared and linked. My preference is for Mythweavers, though DnD beyond and other such services can be used as well. I don't really like Google docs, but if it's the only thing you have access to/know how to use that's fine.

Request Thread

pdragon

Links

Request Thread

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

shengami

OKay, that's a ton of lore to digest, but tentatively interested. I've got time coming up, so I'll be digesting before I throw together a character.

At 2023-03-31 08:35:20, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2023-03-31 08:35:17, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2023-03-31 08:35:10, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 08:34:56, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
At 2023-03-31 08:34:42, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
At 2023-03-31 08:34:25, shengami (uid: 26933) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16

Yeesh, I may take the points buy then. I don't like a stat that gimped. Well, I flowed with it and stole Jay's format. Always worth it to steal a good format.

Glynwraek Casilltenirra
High Elf Male
Wizard (School of Transmutation) 3
Background: Haunted One
Mount: Dire Bird, Llunae

Backstory

Glyn was born in Jo'Dariel to refugees of Ode. So, of course, that meant that the suffering was not done. But it was at this time that Glyn started to learn the arcan arts from his father and mother, both accomplished mages. When Glyn was a child, the orcs invaded. His family fled though his father was lost. The family ended up in Wyrmfell for a time then the countryside trying to find a place to scratch a living. They found themselves in service to a mysterious lord that many local feared. Desperate, they served in his home. Little did they know the lord was a vampire. Over a long period, the whole family grew sicker and sicker without explanation. The final night, Glyn's own sister attacked him in her frenzy as a new vampire. Desperate and scared, Glyn managed to escape before he could be completely changed as well. What became of his mother, he dos not know.

Glyn fled again. This time, he took advantage of the hordes of people flocking to Aardia to investigate the newly revealed lands beneath the mists. In Aardia, there was the Starshine Academy in which Glyn found refuge for a time. The ability to continue his training was welcomed, but a fire for vengeance burned in him. He also wanted to explore the continent below in search for any ancient cure for his currently enfeebled state. Thus, after the war when their numbers were desperate, Glyn took the chance to join the Sky Knights. It was more hard work than he had ever done in his life, but he made it despite his lack of physical power.

Personality basics: Driven, vengeful, but basically a good person. Has no respect for the laws that have failed to protect him. Capable of extreme focus and the decisions that go along with it.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

FoxgirlJay

Hexed

Well that will be an interesting read after work.

Not often you get to start with a wyvern mount after all.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hell yes. Here's my concept:

Concept: A Changeling artificer born into an air genasi settlement at one of Spire Mountain's peaks. He believes his purpose, gifted from Ava when she made him a Changeling in the womb, is to create life. Only he does so by creating advanced constructs that accompany him and his Dire Bird, Ramsey, on their journey into Knighthood.

Class/Race: Changeling Battlemaster Artificer 3
Sheet: Here
Mount: Ramsey the Dire Bird
Homonculus: Bertie the Hummingbird Construct
Steel Defender: Boxy the Punching Construct

Backstory: Coros Yrjinn was born in the Kazekokuan colony atop the Spire Mountains. His neighbors and kin were air genasi who dwelled near the top of one of the Mountains, in a settlement named Wind's Peak. It was a humble settlement, especially by Kazekokuan standards. The hobbies of choice were throwing boomerangs, playing Sky Knights and Traitors, and seeing how long you could levitate off the side of a cliff before losing your nerve. The first two, Coros was good at. The latter, not so much.

When he stepped out to take the levi-challenge he nearly plummeted to his death. And when his kin caught him they nearly dropped him out of shock. His skin had shifted from blue to paper white and all that remained of his face were beady black eyes.

That day, he learned he was one of Ava's chosen: a Changeling. And he was born in Aard, no less, among the race who most devoutly worshiped Aardia, Goddess of Wind. Needless to say, his people had mixed feelings about this unexpected fork in puberty road. Some likened him to Aardia Herself, being born different out of Ava's will as Aardia was born from Her breath. Some thought him unfit to live in Wind's Peak and unsafe to be around lest Ava turn more air genasi into land-locked creatures such as him. In all cases, they agreed that he was chosen for a reason. Unfortunately, that reason was...murky.

As he reached adulthood, he resolved that his purpose as a child of Ava the Lifebringer was to bring life to the world through procreation. Sadly, the theory was swiftly shot down by the settlement's clerics. He wondered if it was due to the big misconception about Changelings breeding more Changelings and not "perverse nonsense" as they said. He would never truly know for sure.

With that path muddied, he instead turned to what a Kazekokuan should know best: technology. He would create life, just not the kind formed of flesh and bone. He traveled to Kezekoku proper and he studied, tinkered, and worked his ass off to create increasingly advanced constructs. In time, he built a bird-like homunculus, Bertie, with sustainable flight capability. And yet he craved more. He craved purpose for his creations besides following his mundane commands. And shamefully, he coveted Bertie's ability to fly more by the day. Until it stung like the mockery of his cousins and neighbors.

The solution came together all at once: a path that would lead him to the skies; a duty that would give his creations meaning; and enough glory to turn heads once he was ready to settle down and try that procreation theory out. He would join the Sky Knights!

...Gods, even with his constructs friends, the training kicked his ass in more ways than he could count.

Personality: Airheaded and trusting when it comes to socializing, he is an affable sort who prefers jokes, flirting, teasing, and pranks to serious topics of debate. Liable to talk your ear off about all things automaton, and even more liable to take risky flight patterns for the thrill of it. Wholeheartedly believes that educated folk who talk like fancy snobs are usually dimmer than they let on.

Goals:
To fly like an eagle and travel far and wide
To rebuild the glory of the Sky Knights
To learn the ways and beliefs of Ava's various followers and to meet other Changelings
To make a home for all his future creations. He dreams of a day when his constructs can run their own settlement like a much friendlier version of the Smer

Hobbies: Tinkering; practicing fancy Feather Fall landings; playing pranks; roleplaying; training with his constructs; and studying faces/personalities (to inspire Changeling personas/construct quirks).

Favorite Faces
(Feminine forms are futas)

Aasimar
Human
Half-Orc

Elf
Shifter
Satyr

Smutty Stuff
Orientation: Prettysexual
Character Ons: Transformation, Topping, Toys, Breeding (or Breeding Play), Marking, Cumplay, Group, Aftercare
Character Offs: Bottoming, Bathroom Play, Brutality, Receiving Humiliation, NonCon (unless roleplaying)

FoxgirlJay

After seeing Rummy and Shen's rolls, I'm not feeling so bad about mine now. Woof.

Rummy Tum Tum

High highs, low lows 8-)

(The highs ain't high enough to be worth it tho >.> )

shengami

I rolled with it and worked it into my backstory. Some kind of vampiric blood curse that saps his strength. So, of course, he's a wizard seeking a cure. A transmuter to be exact. Light on offense, heavy of utility. Planning to take the dire bird mount because DIRE BIRD. A big chunk of the starting 600 will be sunk into my spellbook and some reagents.

GM-sama: quick question, what is your ruling on identify? Does it consume the pearl?
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

FoxgirlJay

Anything lower than a 7 is unkeepable, I think. Unless it's a special kinda game.

... unless you're crazy like Shen I guess.

I may not be GM-Sama, but, rules as written, Identify doesn't consume the Pearl. Spells which consume reagents will specifically state its consumed. A spell like Simulacrum say it consumes the 1500g ruby, for example.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: shengami on March 31, 2023, 09:19:27 AM
I rolled with it and worked it into my backstory. Some kind of vampiric blood curse that saps his strength. So, of course, he's a wizard seeking a cure. A transmuter to be exact. Light on offense, heavy of utility. Planning to take the dire bird mount because DIRE BIRD. A big chunk of the starting 600 will be sunk into my spellbook and some reagents.

Hehe nice.

I'm also going for the bird. I knew it the moment I saw it in the banner lol

shengami

Quote from: FoxgirlJay on March 31, 2023, 09:22:51 AM
Anything lower than a 7 is unkeepable, I think. Unless it's a special kinda game.

... unless you're crazy like Shen I guess.

I may not be GM-Sama, but, rules as written, Identify doesn't consume the Pearl. Spells which consume reagents will specifically state its consumed. A spell like Simulacrum say it consumes the 1500g ruby, for example.

It's a roleplaying challenge. Besides, dump stats are a thing. It's a curse! I may be able to fix it! But it's just fun to roll with things sometimes.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Hexed

A horrid curse!  Just have to capture and experiment on vampires seeking the cure.

Rummy Tum Tum

@Pdragon Can we sell our starting gear while buying gear with our funds? Wanna fully replace a weapon and armor set

pdragon

@Shengami
As Jay said, it wouldn't consume the materials

@Rummy
Sure, that's fine with me.

Request Thread

queenkam234

ddb.ac/characters/97239472/mdeUvp

Here's my character idea for a Human Warlock who's Neutral Good:
Emerra LaGrange: The third of five daughters to two farmers in a small Voltanian village, Emerra seemed destined for a life of mediocrity - until one day she, on a dare from her friends, ended up venturing into the old catacombs next to town. Within, she discovered an orb, one imbued with the soul of a minor demon. Impressed by the young girl's insolence, the demon offered her powers, ones that could help her get away from the stifling reality of village life. Being a young child at the time, Emerra accepted, which was also the moment elders of the village ran inside, warned by the other kids. Since then, Emerra was pushed to use her newfound powers for the good of the village, although that often consisted of things like using her illusions to entertain the youths, particularly as she continued getting older and her powers began to get stronger. Still somewhat unsatisfied with life in the village, Emerra would have likely stayed there if a recruiter from the Academy hadn't chanced upon her village, hearing rumors of a girl who made a pact with a demon. She ended up studying for a number of years at the Academy, but being dissatisfied with the rules and regulations of scholastic life, she set off for the Sky Knights, remembering the stories her parents told her about them in her youth.

FoxgirlJay

Alright, a bunch of work done. Still have 300g more to spend, and maybe some touch ups to make on her. But, Kaz is mostly done!

Kaz Sunbeam
Aasimar Female
Horizon Walker Ranger 3
Background: City Watch
Mount: Akatrix, Wyvern.

Backstory
Kaz Sunbeam, born in Aard! Growing up, she was a problem child. Getting in to fights, climbing and messing with things she shouldn't be. Once she was old enough, her parents finally found a proper outlet for all of her excess energy. Thus, Kaz was sent off to boot camp. She found the whole thing to be a great adventure, but getting used to following orders had been a difficult thing. Kaz had to grow in to having a sense of duty, but eventually found that work as City Watch was fulfilling. Helping and protecting others, amongst a group of fairly likeminded individuals. The life of a soldier, even one in garrison, is filled with competition and comraderie, both things Kaz greatly enjoyed.

After some years in the guard, with skilled service and making a name for herself, the red-headed aasimar was offered up, when the Sky Knights were recruiting. And so, for the last few years, she has been with a new group of comrades. Fighting, learning, and getting stronger.

Personality basics: Rowdy, competitive, likes to push her limits. Dutiful, brave. Flirty, in the strange way soldiers develop.

Revelation

This is very much of interest to me now that I have free time. If there is still space it seems the group needs someone a bit more martially/melee inclined. Maybe a fighter? I'd say paladin but I'm already playing two of them elsewhere and as much as I love the class tripling down is pretty heavy.

Angie

Got room for more? I'm interested in any sort of 5e really. So many character concepts I wanna roll but never get the chance to!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

pdragon

Yep, I'm open to about 10ish submissions before I'll start cutting it off. I just don't want to be in a situation where there's like 12+ applications for only 4 or 5 spots.

Request Thread

Revelation

I'll be submitting a fighter (cavalier) when I'm home from shopping.

Editing rolled stats here

Angie

Quote from: pdragon on March 31, 2023, 03:23:20 PM
Yep, I'm open to about 10ish submissions before I'll start cutting it off. I just don't want to be in a situation where there's like 12+ applications for only 4 or 5 spots.

In that case, before I get too deep, I'm reading over the setting details and I don't see anything custom about Halflings, regular ol' Lightfoot Halfling okay?

Laughing Hyena

Before I submit something pdragon, would you accept the Oath of Love Paladin by Pointy Hat?

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 04:22:39 PM
Before I submit something pdragon, would you accept the Oath of Love Paladin by Pointy Hat?
Looks good to me. Setting wise there are several Gods that would work well for love: Ava, Madama Muerta, Ardora, Lun, Mopheus & Bellarm, Yora, and of course Aardia as the most widely worshipped in Aard.

Request Thread

Hexed

16, 14, 6, 14, 15, 11

Well. Looks like the dice liked me this time. Even with the 6 it's a very nice set of rolls. :D

Time to find a pic and go through lore.

AribethAmkiir

Wow, so much interest already.  Not sure if you already have 10 or not.  I'd be interested in running a cleric if there's still room for submissions.

pdragon

For clarity on submissions.

Quote13. You do not need a full character sheet prepared to apply for the game. However your application will not be considered until you have at least a basic concept, race/class, and image picked out for your character.

By that criteria only 3 people have posted fully qualified submissions so far.

Request Thread

Angie

Concept: Aspiring performer who never quite made it and fell into thievery. Harbors guilt over all the thefts he did to get by, masks it with cheer and bravado. Figured "eh, why not" and asked to join the Sky Knights, showed a knack for fighting, figures this is better than stealing and he can still play his little flute.
Race/Class: Lightfoot Halfling, Rogue Swashbuckler

I started with "I wanna make a character who's super bubbly and cheerful", then it became "I've never done a halfling, can I do one of those?" and then to "Look at this little dude with his flute I love him!" I also decided to go with Entertainer background, and after trying to work in a travelling circus or performing troupe and realizing that was more Bard than Rogue, I got rid of the troupe and decided on him trying to make a living as a solo performer but never quite having enough to cover what he needed so he picks a few pockets there, swipes a few coins here, but he just always felt so guilty every time he stole coin in order to eat or have a bed. Joining the Knights was more of a "I don't really lose anything if I wash out" decision, figuring he'd at least get fed during the training, and he just ended up showing some real skill so "they let me stick around". He would never admit it, but nowadays he really wants to be a Sky Knight for both a measure of atonement, because Sky Knights get to travel a lot, and doing good just feels good!

I kinda get the feeling that characters who do good things just because that's who they are fits the feel of this world and campaign, some of the details might get adjusted but I'm definitely going "charming rogue with a regretful past" on this one.

Rummy Tum Tum

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pdragon on March 31, 2023, 04:36:23 PM
Looks good to me. Setting wise there are several Gods that would work well for love: Ava, Madama Muerta, Ardora, Lun, Mopheus & Bellarm, Yora, and of course Aardia as the most widely worshipped in Aard.

It's either love of a true and beautiful woman, or the bromance of the party my knight shall be sworn to. Who wants the bromance?

At 2023-03-31 18:39:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:26, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:21, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:16, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:10, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:00, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 8

Okay dice bot of Elliquiy what the actual fuck!?

FoxgirlJay

dicebot's on strike or something i swear to god

Laughing Hyena

This thing hates me a lot. :) I should respond in kind.

Rummy Tum Tum

An Oath to party friendship is wholesome as hell, ngl

...Oh my god those rolls o.o

Angie

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on March 31, 2023, 06:06:31 PM
Aw I love that concept and art!

Happy someone likes it!

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 06:30:07 PM
It's either love of a true and beautiful woman, or the bromance of the party my knight shall be sworn to. Who wants the bromance?

At 2023-03-31 18:39:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:26, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:21, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:16, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 6
At 2023-03-31 18:39:10, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 9
At 2023-03-31 18:39:00, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k1a3 Result: 8

Okay dice bot of Elliquiy what the actual fuck!?

You messed up. You kept 1, and added three. So your 9s are rolls where one of your dice landed on 6, so the dicebot kept that one, and added three. Set Keep to 3 and Add to 0, and roll again.

Laughing Hyena

pdragon

For any interested, here's an example of one of the setting's custom races. Note a distinct disdain for anything approaching balance

Slimes

The original sapient life form, slimes were born from primordial ooze, shapeless and mindless. Over millennia the slimes have slowly developed higher mental functions until they became just as smart as other races, and then continued to develop until they've eclipsed all but the smartest individuals. All slimes originated from one original individual, who would continuously grow and divide themselves to reproduce. Each time they split the two resulting copies would retain all the memories and experiences of their originator, and as such each and every slime has a memory that stretches back to the very beginning of life itself

Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence score increases by 3, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Age: All slimes share a single originator, and thus their consciousness is technically as old as time itself. Physically slimes are "born" when one's core is split into two, the two "new" slimes already fully formed and matured.

Size: Slimes vary in size, and can even adjust their size at will by taking in or expelling liquid from their bodies, but in general slimes are comparable in size to most other humanoid races. You my choose either Medium or Small for your base size. It is impossible for most slimes to maintain a stable form above Medium size, and at Tiny or smaller a slime doesn't have enough mass to create a humanoid form.

At level 8 you can increase your base size to Large, and at level 16 you can further increase your base size to Huge

Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet. You have a climb speed of 25 feet and can cling to sheer surfaces, even ceilings, without difficulty.

Ancient Wisdom. As you are a fraction of the original primordial lifeform, your memory stretches back to the origin of life itself. You may not have technically seen it all, but you've seen quite a lot, and while you can't recall every piece of information perfectly, you still have a deep well of knowledge to draw from. You have proficiency in History, and can choose to roll History at disadvantage in place of any Arcana, Nature, or Religion check.

Amorphous. Due to the fluid nature of your form, you can move through a space as narrow as 4 inches without squeezing. You leave behind any items you are carrying or equipped with that aren't small enough to fit through the space you're squeezing through.

Corrosive Form. A slime can suffuse their bodies with acidic digestive enzymes that can break down almost anything. Your unarmed strikes deal acid damage instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike. In addition, you are resistant to acid damage.

Ooze Nature. Your creature type is both humanoid and ooze. When you sleep your core goes inert and your body reverts to a shapeless blob only loosely held together. By moving across surfaces you can break down otherwise inedible substances to garner nutritional value.

Absorbent. Slimes are able to store an amount of liquid equivalent to the maximum weight of their base size (8 gallons for small, 60 gallons for medium, 480 gallons for large, 3,800 gallons for huge). Their bodies act as a natural filter to remove contaminents from this liquid, however you take full damage from any poison it contains and have a chance to contract any disease it carries. Excess liquid can be expelled or absorbed at any time, but you cannot expel or absorb any amount that would shift your size category below small or above your highest base size.

You are also capable of storing a single potion within your body without immediately imbibing its effects. You can administer this potion to an adjacent ally as a standard action, or as a bonus action you can digest the potion within you to gain its effects.

Versatile Molds. slimes are known for the malleability of their forms, appearing tall and lean one day, then short and curvy the next. One day their "flesh" could be solid enough to repell arrows, and then the next soft enough for them to slide right through. At the end of a short rest, you can change simple miscellaneous details about yourself such as your "hair"'s length and shape, your facial feautrues, or make yourself a bit taller, smaller, wider or thinner. In addition, at the end of a long rest, you can gain a resistance to one form of non-magical damage (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing). This resistance lasts until you pick another damage type with this trait.

Division. Any slime of an even character level can asexually reproduce through core mitosis. This process takes 8 hours, during which time your core will split in two and create two near identical clones of yourself. These newly spawned slimes both retain all of your memories and personality, and may even believe themselves to still be "you" in a sense, but your soul has been split between them to create two new unique entities (this process does not count as death for mechanical purposes). Both new slimes share all of your base stats, racial abilities, background traits, base proficiencies, feats and ability boosts. Each new Bahra is half your character level, adjusting your proficiency bonus accordinly, and class levels are divided evenly between the two (ex. a level 4 Bahra wizard will divide into two level 2 wizards, losing all the spells and class features they recieved from levels 3 and 4). If multiclassing makes it impossible to evenly divide class levels, you may choose to assign your class levels however you please so long as both clones have an equal number of class levels. Equipment and other items are not duplicated by this process. Once the process is complete you may take control of one of the clones and continue playing them as your character (the DM can further decide to grant you control of the other clone as well, or turn them into an NPC).

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Ooze, a dialect of Primordial. Ooze to those that speak Primordial sounds like a butchered version of Terran and Aquan. To everyone else, it is a bubbling, slushing language that sounds more like boiling mud then it does a language. In addition you know a number of bonus languages equal to twice your Int modifier.

Request Thread

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 07:03:21 PM
You mean to tell.me my dice rolls were worse!?

*faints*

Nope, they were definitely better

17, 8, 14, 8, 13, 11

Revelation

I hope Foxgirljay doesn't mind but I am stealing borrowing her character presentation

Further images here. NSFW content included.
Lucia Kirst
Human (Variant) Hermaphroditic female.
Cavalier Fighter 3
Background: Soldier
Mount: Tevas, Wyvern.

Backstory

Born in Gaal Gundren, she was expected to follow in her family’s footsteps as a career soldier, and to that end, her early life was that of any other child, if perhaps a little more rough and tumble than most. She knew she was a strong girl, and it was expected that such strength would serve her well. Her life was like that of most early children in the city, yet it was when Lord Ryburn led a coup over the royal family that things changed drastically in her life. Her father had always told her that if she was to follow in his footsteps, that it was to fight for what she believed in – not for the ideas of another. While the young teen did not fully understand the meaning of these words, it was the gravitas her father said them with that made her hold on to them as she grew older. It was no surprise to her family that she did indeed follow her father’s footsteps, the early training having led to a budding but promising career as a soldier even if she was unlikely to see any immediate or direct action. The young teen had blossomed into a proper young woman (Even if a training accident led to the loss of an eye), and to all it seemed as if she’d have a promising career in the Gaal Gundren army.

Then, Ryburn extended his desires for power and conquest beyond the walls of Gaal Gundren.

Perhaps there were earlier signs of the impending war, but when prince Aslan and his allies waged a war to help the prince take his proper birthright, Lucia found herself conflicted. She had trained alongside countless men and women who had sworn their allegiance to Ryburn, and many of them were friends or at least people she had known from training and beyond. It was the right thing to fight alongside them, was it not? Why did it not feel like the correct thing? She took her weapon in hand, mustering herself out alongside those she called friends, yet she held no love for Ryburn or his ambitions. She likewise felt that the man likely cared little for those under his command, those who were now fighting and dying for him.

It was when the knights offered her and her friends mercy and succor that cemented Lucia’s actions. She didn’t want her friends to die for a cause she didn’t believe in. It was then that her father’s words rung true to her, and it was Lucia who first stepped forward, casting her weapon down and accepting said mercy. She would not fight for Ryburn, she wanted to fight for the people of Aard rather than some tyrant. Some of her friends joined her, others were ready to fight to the bitter end.

Given that she had shed no blood during the conflict and that she willingly surrendered, Lucia was spared in the aftermath. What she did learn however, was her father died fighting against the Knights himself. The reason why he fought was likely something she’d never truly know, but she believed he died fighting for something he believed in. The loss weighed heavily upon her, but even then – she was committed to her desires to protect the people of Aard. While some among the Sky Knights were skeptical of letting her train to become one, her passion and desire (Or perhaps their sparse ranks and desire for new knights), won enough over that she was given the approval to begin training.

That was two years ago, and she intended to prove her mettle no matter what it took.

Personality basics: Driven and loyal, Lucia has a surprisingly kind heart beneath it all. She wants to prove herself to the world and ensure the safety of her allies. Has a strong sense of justice.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hexed

Well Hyena's stats are certainly laughing at the rest of us. O.O

Laughing Hyena

I have no problem using my originally botched rolls in fairness. Especially considering Rummy and Angie helped sort them out.

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 07:30:13 PM
I have no problem using my originally botched rolls in fairness. Especially considering Rummy and Angie helped sort them out.
Nah dude, those are once in a life time stat rolls. Don't throw em away.

Request Thread

Revelation

Ah. As much as I slightly seethe with jealousy, I don't think your botched rolls should count against you. It's not often you roll awesome stats.

AndyZ

Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment:
Result: 1, 5, 3, 2,
Total: 10

Comment:
Result: 4, 3, 3, 2,
Total: 10

Comment:
Result: 1, 4, 5, 6,
Total: 15

Comment:
Result: 4, 6, 3, 1,
Total: 13

Comment:
Result: 2, 3, 6, 1,
Total: 11

Comment:
Result: 6, 4, 5, 2,
Total: 15

I know I still need race/class and all.  Today has been awful and I'm just slowly catching up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: pdragon on March 31, 2023, 07:31:29 PM
Nah dude, those are once in a life time stat rolls. Don't throw em away.
Quote from: Revelation on March 31, 2023, 07:31:52 PM
Ah. As much as I slightly seethe with jealousy, I don't think your botched rolls should count against you. It's not often you roll awesome stats.

Agreed

shengami

Wow, things blew up over the night. I, too, stole Jay's format and updated my submitted character. Now, I have a bunch of gold to spend and, it seems, shit to sell back. But I might leave that for if I get accepted into the game.

/sigh, my love/hate relationship with rolled stats. As in, I just hate them. So, why do I even bother still rolling? I can't explain it. Every game I run, I use standard array. Blah. Why!!! hehe Cheers All.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Laughing Hyena

Very well. In that case I shall make use of thus and have the biggest numbers in the smallest body. Finding a male goblin who isn't Goblinating an elf, woman, or elven woman is harder than it looks.

Name: Dirk

Class: Paladin (Oath of Love)

Race: Goblin

Background: Soldier
Mount: Sunder, Wyvern

At 2023-03-31 19:04:42, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:37, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:31, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2023-03-31 19:04:25, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2023-03-31 19:04:19, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2023-03-31 19:04:07, Laughing Hyena (uid: 10552) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15

Str: 18 ; Dex: 16 ; Con: 18 ; Int: 15 ; Wis: 16 ; Cha: 18

Backstory: Once a young orphan, Dirk was born within the orphanages within Gaal Gundren. Even for a goblin he was different in his appearance. Born without the familiar color of green that blesses his kind, he bears the crimson red upon his being and born slightly taller do that he could not hide himself amongst the children. He had no name at first. He had to earn this name as well.

Many a child looks down upon a goblin but even amongst his own kind he was strange beyond appearance. He had a certain spark behind those yellow eyes, a measure of intellect behind them. Desiring to be worthy of adoption like the other young orphans, he saw each chore as a test to prove himself worthy of it. He paid attention to his lessons on how to speak proper and how to read and write. Yet none came for the goblin. None save for one woman.

By mere chance the Sky Knight Alaana Falk was seeking out willing orphans to try out as prospects. He was youngest amongst the youth hoping to better their fates. She did not want to take him thinking him too young but he was determined and spoke from his heart. "I want to be more than what I am seen as."

Reluctantly she put him through the paces. And was surprised by how strong and quick this little red goblin was. He ran through the obstacle courses like he had everything to lose. And wrestled with the kids with understanding he cannot cheat. He earned every inch in the dirt and left no doubt of his convictions.

He earned his place amongst others seeking to pursue the position of Sky Knights. Finally he had something he could call family. And Alaana Falk was whom he considered his mother. But he did not sit on his laurels. He sought to become a knight and be one that Sky Knight Falk could take pride in.

Personality Basics: Courageous and loyal, there is nothing this small goblin won't do to protect those he calls family. He takes his training and vows as a sky knight seriously and throws his all into it. He views it as a privilege and one he must endlessly earn.

Goblin Quick Sheet
Ability Score Increase. When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. You can't raise any of your scores above 20.
Creature Type. You are a Humanoid. You are also considered a goblinoid for any prerequisite or effect that requires you to be a goblinoid.
Size. You are Small.
Speed. Your walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness only as shades of gray.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.
Fury of the Small. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature’s size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.
You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, regaining all expended uses when you finish a long rest, and you can use it no more than once per turn.
Nimble Escape. You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Languages. Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 31, 2023, 09:18:35 PM
Very well. In that case I shall make use of thus and have the biggest numbers in the smallest body. Finding a male goblin who isn't Goblinating an elf, woman, or elven woman is harder than it looks.

Tell me about it smh. Love the idea of orphan friendship-Oath goblin tho

Also, that art is badass and I will be stealin it for a future game

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on March 31, 2023, 09:28:55 PM
Tell me about it smh. Love the idea of orphan friendship-Oath goblin tho

Also, that art is badass and I will be stealin it for a future game

It's the Tarnished Bloody Wolf from Elden Ring

Rummy Tum Tum

Right, unmistakable Elden Ring/Souls game vibes right there. I somehow forgot this armor was in the trailers. I need to find it in-game and get my fashion on

c0i9z

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Varnarla was a devout follower of Twi. She'd been for years. Her previous un-split hadn't been, though, and neither was her sister. That had come years later. And somewhat as a surprise, but she followed without fail, day in and day out, learning the teachings. Or relearning them. Or remembering them. It was difficult to tell sometimes. And slowly, she had risen in the ranks and even gained a small devotion. And she could do more, she knew. Much more. She felt a duty to do so. But then... but then, the letter came. A letter she had once fervently hoped for. It had been the cause of her un-split's split, allowing her to apply to the Knights and her sister to... she no longer remembered. But now, she was finally accepted, but now, she had her devotion and her duties. So she was split between the two.

She was split... so she split.

For a few moments after the split, the two sisters were the same. Identical in all ways. The shared the same thoughts, the same selves. And so, there was no need for words, no need for great thought. One was slightly closer to the door, so that was the one who left. The one who remained took the name Varla and would one day become a great priestess of Twi. But this isn't her story. This is the story of the one who left. Narla, for now. She would add to her name, as she added to her experiences, as the time grew. Varla was the one who took her old life, so Narla would be the one to forge a new path. A path that lead to Knighthood and the skies. And while she still followed Twi, still followed the paths of knowledge, the ways of a priestess weren't for her any longer. No... no, she decided that, instead, she would follow half-forgotten knowledge of magic, reach for more directly applicable knowledge, like some of her previous un-splits had done again again, each forgotten before being done anew. This was Narla's first true decision as herself, a decision, as nearly all first decisions did, that would set her path until she had added to her name and the time came, once more, for one to become two.

Race: Slime

Class: Wizard (Chronurgy)

Captain America

Fintan, Barbarian/Goliath

Hailing from the Queendom of Lys, Fintan, is descended of giant's blood, from the wars of the past. Compared to most, he is as large and hard of build, as the mountains he comes from. While most content to be alone in forests and mountains, he is always willing to assist his fellow trainees as he can. He works hard at exemplifying the ideals his instructors attempt to instill, and ensuring the safety of those he is here to protect.

When time permits, he can be often be found participating in gladiatorial bouts and arena fights, or near a fire with drink in hand as he listens to and shares the songs and stories he so cherishes of ages and battles past.

164102   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:56:10   At 2023-04-01 01:56:10, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
164101   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:56:03   At 2023-04-01 01:56:03, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
164100   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:55:56   At 2023-04-01 01:55:56, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
164099   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:55:48   At 2023-04-01 01:55:48, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
164098   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:55:40   At 2023-04-01 01:55:40, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
164097   Noone or Anyone   2023-04-01 01:55:27   At 2023-04-01 01:55:27, Elf (uid: 55165) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

PhantomPistoleer

I want to throw in a bard.  :o

QuoteRoll ID: 163975
Owner: PhantomPistoleer
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2023-03-31 07:14:50

Summary: At 2023-03-31 07:14:50, PhantomPistoleer (uid: 3619) rolls: 24d6 Result: 90

Full Result: PhantomPistoleer rolled: 24d6
Comment:
Result: 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3, 2, 6, 4, 5, 5, 5,
Total: 90

I rolled these yesterday for this game.  Not great, but not terrible.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Muse

I'd like to play, please! *Bows* 

Cleric or possibly droid riding a Pegasus coming forth shortly. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

pdragon

Alright, since we've gotten a good handful of submissions, I figured I'd run through and give some early feedback.

@Shengami
I think it's a really interesting concept, and I like that you chose to run with a bad roll and integrate it into the character. Also from a lore perspective it hadn't actually occurred to me that outside travel to the continent wouldn't have really been possible until the surface cleared up, so that was a cool bit to include.

@Rummy Tum Tum
I really like the creativity and detail here, and tying all the various background elements together in a way that really makes sense. The idea of honoring a Goddess often associated with nature by creating machinery is a very cool angle compared to the usual anti-technology druid stance.

@queenkam234
I like her, though I think the response to her making a pact with a demon is a bit "light". Demons in this setting are especially reviled, and at the time she would have been the child it would have been unheard of for a demon to be anything but pure evil actively seeking to destroy everything around them. As such the idea of them letting her stick around in the village, let alone use her powers around other kids, is a hard stretch. I think it could work if either A. the patron she made contact with was something besides an actual demon, thus it wouldn't pose the same level of threat to keep her around, or B. she managed to keep the demon part a secret and they just assumed she had awakened to her new powers like a sorcerer.

Ironically she'd actually be more accepted in Voltania now, after she's already left, because the new Queen Consort is a demon, so the people are more open to the idea of them being good.

@Foxgirl Jay
Absolutely awful, get this out of my face  ;p

@Angie
I like him. A former criminal using the Sky Knights as a way to reform is good idea, and I think helps embody the spirit of the group. And admittedly the idea of a tiny halfling riding on a giant flying mount is just delightfully entertaining.

@Revelation
I really like her backstory and complicated relationship to the Sky Knights. The only problem, and this is 100% on me, is that the timeframe and ages are a bit off. The civil war over Gaal Gundren was only 3 years ago, thus why the Knights are still urgently rebuilding. I could have sworn I had put that in somewhere, but when I looked over it I realized I hadn't put it any of the sections discussing the matter, so that's on me. Unfortunately that means at her current age Lucia couldn't have been a teenager during the war. That would also make the wound of losing the war and her father considerably fresher, which might be a concern as well.

@Laughing Hyena
The idea that this insanely cracked chad with ungodly stats is a little red goblin is fucking hilarious. Truly inspired. No notes.

Also
I'm sorry

@c0i9z
I like her. I think you did a good job trying to capture the sort of confusing and alien experience of slime reproduction. I absolutely love the  name splitting idea. It's relatively simple yet ties into everything so well in a way that feels very meaningful.

@Captain America
A big strong boy for sure. While he wouldn't be descendant from the giants of Aard, since they've presumably all been wiped out, having ancestors from Lyse works just fine. It actually adds an extra element to things, as he would basically be one of the only people with giant blood on the continent at this point. There's potential for interesting things down the road there.

@Everyone
These are some really strong concepts guys. I'm liking them a lot. I'm considering bumping the group size up to 6 (I might back track on that though), and as such I'll allow 2 more submissions before I cut things off.

Request Thread

Revelation

Quote from: pdragon on April 01, 2023, 02:11:40 PM
@Revelation
I really like her backstory and complicated relationship to the Sky Knights. The only problem, and this is 100% on me, is that the timeframe and ages are a bit off. The civil war over Gaal Gundren was only 3 years ago, thus why the Knights are still urgently rebuilding. I could have sworn I had put that in somewhere, but when I looked over it I realized I hadn't put it any of the sections discussing the matter, so that's on me. Unfortunately that means at her current age Lucia couldn't have been a teenager during the war. That would also make the wound of losing the war and her father considerably fresher, which might be a concern as well.

Ah, sorry, I read the Aard information and the sky knights stuff mentioned Ryburn taking power a decade ago, so I thought the civil war would have happened a bit earlier. In which case - and I am totally fine with doing this, is adjusting her timeline so the years match up. This would obviously replace some of her backstory (She would likely be training to be a soldier, perhaps even actively fighting - though perhaps for Aslan and technically against her father as she feels that would have been the right thing to do), and having lost her eye relatively early on in her life rather than a military accident. I am also fine with her fighting on Ryburn's side as well, or perhaps fighting for him initially but opting to surrender instead, not wishing to throw her life away for a tyrant.

Of course, if these things are too convoluted to handle, I am fine with reworking her entire backstory - I just really jived with the idea of a Sky Knight who had a complicated history with the Knights.

pdragon

Quote from: Revelation on April 01, 2023, 02:18:02 PM
Ah, sorry, I read the Aard information and the sky knights stuff mentioned Ryburn taking power a decade ago, so I thought the civil war would have happened a bit earlier. In which case - and I am totally fine with doing this, is adjusting her timeline so the years match up. This would obviously replace some of her backstory (She would likely be training to be a soldier, perhaps even actively fighting - though perhaps for Aslan and technically against her father as she feels that would have been the right thing to do), and having lost her eye relatively early on in her life rather than a military accident. I am also fine with her fighting on Ryburn's side as well, or perhaps fighting for him initially but opting to surrender instead, not wishing to throw her life away for a tyrant.

Of course, if these things are too convoluted to handle, I am fine with reworking her entire backstory - I just really jived with the idea of a Sky Knight who had a complicated history with the Knights.

I think either of those revisions would work just fine, so go with whichever you'd prefer.

Request Thread

Muse

Still familiarizing myself with the lore.  :)  You really can't throw a cleric on paper before you read about the gods!  *Smiles* 

This is a really awesome setting and a great group!
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Revelation

Edited Lucia's backstory and unfortunately it got a bit wordy - I am not normally one for detailed backstories so I apologize for that, but I wanted to keep the weight of her joining the sky knights despite the situation. Hopefully it flows better with the timeline? Since Aslan took the throne 3 years ago, that should put Lucia as 20-21 rather than a teenager.

c0i9z

I'm glad you like! I was worried I might have made up too many details, since you seemed to have a strong idea of what slimes are like, like the word un-split and things like that. I have a bit of a tendency to make things up about races and cultures when i make characters.

pdragon

Quote from: Revelation on April 01, 2023, 02:54:10 PM
Edited Lucia's backstory and unfortunately it got a bit wordy - I am not normally one for detailed backstories so I apologize for that, but I wanted to keep the weight of her joining the sky knights despite the situation. Hopefully it flows better with the timeline? Since Aslan took the throne 3 years ago, that should put Lucia as 20-21 rather than a teenager.
Not a problem, it looks great.

Request Thread

pdragon

Quote from: c0i9z on April 01, 2023, 02:58:59 PM
I'm glad you like! I was worried I might have made up too many details, since you seemed to have a strong idea of what slimes are like, like the word un-split and things like that.

It's all good. I think they fit pretty well. Also considering slimes are so old and so spread out, there's more room for different interpretations and terminology. Just because one line of slimes see things one way, or describe the process in certain terms, doesn't necessarily mean it applies to all of them. There'd be a wide variance in cultures and philosophies in a race that's been around for so long.

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

@Laughing Hyena
The idea that this insanely cracked chad with ungodly stats is a little red goblin is fucking hilarious. Truly inspired. No notes.

Also
I'm sorry

@Everyone
These are some really strong concepts guys. I'm liking them a lot. I'm considering bumping the group size up to 6 (I might back track on that though), and as such I'll allow 2 more submissions before I cut things off.

Hehe, that is also hilarious with the shrunken down bloody wolf. My only concern is my inability to use discord now that I was point to the fine print. This phone is that ancient. Still wanting to play but if I get passed over, I understand completely.

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 01, 2023, 03:09:42 PM
Hehe, that is also hilarious with the shrunken down bloody wolf. My only concern is my inability to use discord. This phone is that ancient.

That may end up being a deal breaker unfortunately. The other game I'm running uses the discord a lot, including for some cannon scenes, and I was planning to run this more or less the same.

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pdragon on April 01, 2023, 03:12:11 PM
That may end up being a deal breaker unfortunately. The other game I'm running uses the discord a lot, including for some cannon scenes, and I was planning to run this more or less the same.

I understand completely. It was worth rolling and I had fun making this little knight. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

@Rummy Tum Tum
I really like the creativity and detail here, and tying all the various background elements together in a way that really makes sense. The idea of honoring a Goddess often associated with nature by creating machinery is a very cool angle compared to the usual anti-technology druid stance.

Thank ya. I was all over the place with classes until I remembered artificers exist, then I saw the steel defender and homunculus and thought it'd be a neat way to further the "lifebringing" ideal. And I just had to focus on the Ava aspect after I read the Changeling lore. That changed everything.

Also, one of my first ideas was to make a creepy but friendly Madame Muerta worshiper. Guess I switched from one wife to the other lol

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 01, 2023, 03:09:42 PM
My only concern is my inability to use discord now that I was point to the fine print. This phone is that ancient. Still wanting to play but if I get passed over, I understand completely.

Damn that sucks, especially with those godly stats you rolled. And that lovable gobby was definitely worth making

pdragon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 01, 2023, 03:16:48 PM
I understand completely. It was worth rolling and I had fun making this little knight. :)
He's definitely a cool character. If I was another DM hosting a game I'd definitely let you carry those rolls over.

Request Thread

pdragon

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on April 01, 2023, 03:42:57 PM
Thank ya. I was all over the place with classes until I remembered artificers exist, then I saw the steel defender and homunculus and thought it'd be a neat way to further the "lifebringing" ideal. And I just had to focus on the Ava aspect after I read the Changeling lore. That changed everything.

Also, one of my first ideas was to make a creepy but friendly Madame Muerta worshiper. Guess I switched from one wife to the other lol

Damn that sucks, especially with those godly stats you rolled. And that lovable gobby was definitely worth making

Yeah it's all cleverly integrated.

And if you had been a Muerta follower you could have been a cool
Skeleton Nun

Request Thread

Muse

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: pdragon on April 01, 2023, 04:00:56 PM
[...]if you had been a Muerta follower you could have been a cool
Skeleton Nun

Dayum, she is stylin' on all other nuns

Hexed

Vashe Highroot
Variant Human Shadow Sorcerer

Vashe was born on Constel Island and for the longest time she thought it would be where she met an early grave. It was incredible fortune that the sickly child was born to a fairly wealthy family and not the average farming family. Much of her early childhood was contained within a few rooms with constant visits by priests, alchemists, and herbalists yet none of them were able to do much against her strange illness. She was eight one of the priests mentioned that the illness seemed more a curse then a disease which took the books that had been her constant company and turned them into possibly something more. She dug into lore both familial and arcane seeking how or why such a thing could be leaving her in a pattern of living broken only by her family making sure she didn't hurt herself and her constant battles with her dreaded foe the common door.

Her biggest break came to be  one night as she matched star charts to the night sky, for she was supposed to be well rounded and couldn't just learn history and curses. The chart swam before her eyes and the sky through the window grew till it was all she could see. Morning found her sprawled upon her table with Starshine Academy scrawled upon everything in ink. While her parents were leery of letting her out of their sight they eventually relented and she was allowed to seek entry to the school. There it was a good thing being a wizard wasn't her goal as not even the teachers could explain how her attempt to create light turned into a cloying darkness that filled several rooms for an hour or how an attempt at a cleaning cantrip left her spewing rotten ink for hours. Instead she explored both the library and the school grounds till she gathered and found all that had been shown to her.

With everything ready on a moonless night she gave prayer to Twi and The Librarian before making her way into the bowels of the floating island to a room both cold as ice and where the shadows seemed to swallow any light brought within. With as much care as she was able a ritual was set and conducted, her limbs trembling and her voice hoarse by the end of it. Whereupon she promptly began vomiting a cloying and roiling sludge that billowed upwards to become a shadow wreathed version of her that promptly attacked. The only thing that saved her when she was on her back with the thing straddling her as it choked her to death was the power that finally and properly responded to her will. The fight swung back and forth as both did their best to kill the other but eventually she stood over her shattered copy watching as it melted into shadows. Despite the fight she was overjoyed as she could finally manipulate her mana as she wanted and her body recovered so much easier then it once had. Gathering up her things she dashed up the stairs to share the joy with her brother who also attended only to plaster herself against the door as they were still beyond her. Luckily she had enough injuries that she was able to leave that part out of her tale to her family.

She was 17 when the One Night War happened and while the concept of the organization taking such lengths was a touch worrying to her it was easily understood that leaving Ryburn upon the throne would have caused massive trouble for so many of the islands. With her condition mostly cured and the Knights seeking to restore lost numbers she waited till the day after she turned 18 before making her way to them and volunteering. While her physical strength still lacked and the ritual had left her odd to most folk she had her magic and an odd collection of knowledge, although her instructors possibly wish she'd ask less questions about everything.

Found a picture that completely undid my starting concept so here's a shadow sorcerer with a grudge against doors. :D

Now to see how nicely the mechanics play with the concept.

shengami

@Shengami
I think it's a really interesting concept, and I like that you chose to run with a bad roll and integrate it into the character. Also from a lore perspective it hadn't actually occurred to me that outside travel to the continent wouldn't have really been possible until the surface cleared up, so that was a cool bit to include.

Ahhh, I was worried if that was a bit presumptuous, but it seemed the logical ramification. I was less certain if the floating isles had any outside contact for that period of time as well. Depending on their locations in Aardia, and where other continents are in relationship to Aardia, the travel could be a real pain with only air travel as a resource. Did any of the islands think to establish some type of naval port? Well, other than the one established on the backs of giant flying turtles?

Also, giant flying turtles, squeee~~
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Angie

@Angie
I like him. A former criminal using the Sky Knights as a way to reform is good idea, and I think helps embody the spirit of the group. And admittedly the idea of a tiny halfling riding on a giant flying mount is just delightfully entertaining.

Glad to hear it! I'll get something more substantial written up soon

AndyZ

This has really been blowing up.  Could I ask for a rundown of what classes have NOT been taken already?

c0i9z

Glynwraek Casilltenirra High Elf Male Wizard (School of Transmutation)
Coros Yrjinn Changeling Male Battlemaster Artificer
Kaz Sunbeam Aasimar Female Horizon Walker Ranger
??? Lightfoot Halfling Male, Rogue Swashbuckler
Lucia Kirst Human (Variant) Hermaphroditic female Cavalier Fighter
Fintan, Barbarian/Goliath
Vashe Highroot Variant Human Shadow Sorcerer
Dirk Goblin Male Paladin (Oath of Love) (possibly dropped)
Narla Female Slime Wizard (Chronurgy)

Warlock, cleric and bard haven't been submitted yet. And the one paladin possibly dropped.

Revelation

IIRC Muse had mentioned a Palalock character, but there's been no submission yet. Right now I would say make what you feel is cool.

Hexed

queenkam234 dropped a human warlock near the start. Without clicking on sheet link easy to miss though.

Although given not everyone's going to be chosen make what you want to play. That said we do seem to be lacking folks with the ability to smack hp back into folk. Maybe?

c0i9z

Laughing Hyena

Oh this looks like a fun roster to pick from. :)

c0i9z

pdragon

Quote from: AndyZ on April 01, 2023, 09:38:37 PM
This has really been blowing up.  Could I ask for a rundown of what classes have NOT been taken already?
No classes have been taken because no one has been picked yet.

Request Thread

c0i9z

Ha! There is that, too. But I tried the closest thing to a useful answer I could make. Plus, it's kind of neat to see everything that's been proposed so far.

AndyZ

Thank you c0i9z.  Pdragon, I should have said "applied for."

Also Pdragon, this is kind of just a basic idea right now but I'm going to pitch it to you to see if this is as funny as it has been in my head or if it's just a shudder and a no.

I had the idea of a young woman, an aspirant Bard, who died in unfortunate circumstances just before her wedding.  She met Madame Muerta and was inconsolable at first, explaining how true love could not be denied and getting perfectly rational responses like how they'll see each other again in the afterlife.  This is when my character gets desperate enough to try going Full Bardâ„¢ and smooching Madame Muerta.

One does not simply kiss Madame Muerta.  A few have throughout the ages, but only those with true mental fortitude withstand the horrors to come, the nightmares, the simple truth that comes with reality.  That's not your average bard.
My character doesn't remember anything after that beyond waking up with fractured memories back in the skinlands.

Naturally she ran to the house of her beloved, only to get the usual treatment of someone who doesn't expect her at night: screaming, throwing of holy water, and slamming the door.  Since then she's bathed, changed clothes, and got all the stink of death off of her, but the damage to her heart was done.

Joining the Sky Knights was a simple enough matter when she needed people to recognize that very pale skin and (dependant upon picture) frost white hair don't actually make her a vampire.  (Barging in uninvited you'd think would calm them down because it proves she isn't one, but OH NO!)  After she's gotten a name for herself, it's likewise helped her entertaining take off because her appearance gets distinctive.

The specifics and fine details I'm still tuning, but I figured I should ask if the very idea is okay, since it's not a usual one...

pdragon

@Shengami
They don't have any navel ports as far as the actual coasts go, since no one who's gone below the sea of clouds ever came back (before they cleared up), but they've done a few air excursions here and there. Aard is far enough away, and air travel expensive enough, that establishing trade with other continents usually isn't worth it, though Tortolheim has done so on occasion.

@AndyZ
I don't think it's a bad idea in general, but I don't think it really works for the setting. Madama Muerta simply doesn't work that way. She kisses everyone when she greets them in death, it's what allows her to see into their lives and know how they died. It has nothing to do with giving people nightmares or revealing forbidden knowledge or anything like that. Also as the Goddess of death her goal is to see people into the afterlife, so there's no interaction with her that would lead to someone getting sent back to the living unless there was a third party interfering (like Cass does in Second Chance Club).

I do think it's a cool concept, offending death and getting kicked back as an undead as a result, but it doesn't fit for Madama Muerta specifically.

Request Thread

AndyZ

Kk.  I’ll keep pondering ^_^

Angie

Alright, here we go, Davvon Goldwhistle the Halfling!

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2775722

(Sheet note; I am well aware that as a Rogue, I would get a rapier or a shortsword. I am electing to ignore that because those weapons do not fit this character, I see him more as a speedy speed boy running around the battlefield and getting quick stabs in)

Halflings are as given to flights of fancy as any others, perhaps more so as they seem to be blessed with divine luck. Not quite so with Davvon. He played the flute primarily as a way to pass the time as a child, but constant praise from his family led him to try his luck at being a travelling performer. Well, he wasn't particularly terrible, but he never quite made it big or even moderately successful. Still, he kept at it, not wanting to return home completely empty handed and disappoint his family. Especially as amassing the amount of coin needed to ensure a return journey seemed further and further away with each passing day.

With guilt in his heart, he turned to crime to survive. Never stealing much, and always from those who clearly could afford it. Or grabbing an unsold loaf of bread that would go to waste. Just enough to get by. But with each picked pocket or swiped foodstuff, his guilt grew and grew. He was never caught, but he knew. He knew what he had become and hated himself for it. When he played a tune, his hands were shaky, his breath coming in gasps, and coin for his performances became less frequent.

Eventually he learned that the Sky Knights were recruiting, and decided well why not, at least they might feed him for a week before he washed out. Training was brutal, because that is simply the way of those winged champions, but there was something in the back of his mind that pushed him to keep trying harder when he felt he had no more left to give. Was it fear or anger at the thought of returning to a life of crime? A desire to atone for those crimes? The simple, brutal truth that he had no where to go if he failed here? Whatever pushed him on, he eventually revealed himself to not only be a crack shot with a bow, but a very skilled duelist who seemed to have an innate ability for slipping an attack into an unarmored portion of a foe, a fast fighter who could get in and out before even the best of the knights could respond (though despite his cheeky quick shots, they would usually quickly show him why they ARE the best).

Somehow, a decision made on a whim has become a new path in life, one he never expected to find. While he had played his flute in some brief moments of respite, the day he learned he would graduate to a fully fledged Sky Knight, he played songs of praise for every goddess he could think to thank for his second chance. He wonders sometimes if the goddess Supmark offered him this chance as a way to make up for what he's done, or what goddess in particular might have blessed him with these abilities, all he knows is that he's been given a chance and he will not squander it.

Rummy Tum Tum

@Pdragon Question: Do you have a max level/range in mind for this campaign?

pdragon

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on April 02, 2023, 01:26:52 AM
@Pdragon Question: Do you have a max level/range in mind for this campaign?
Nope. We're just gonna go and see how far life takes us.

Request Thread

shengami

Quote from: pdragon on April 02, 2023, 01:56:22 AM
Nope. We're just gonna go and see how far life takes us.

Follow up to that then, is there a set plot or is this an open ended thing? If open ended, how open ended? Are we free to explore the world? Even if on a set plot, will there be plenty of mystery and intrigue, I find myself craving something less combat heavy suddenly. Not that combat is a problem at all. E just has me conditioned for plot heavy stuff I think.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Rummy Tum Tum

pdragon

Quote from: shengami on April 02, 2023, 02:23:31 AM
Follow up to that then, is there a set plot or is this an open ended thing? If open ended, how open ended? Are we free to explore the world? Even if on a set plot, will there be plenty of mystery and intrigue, I find myself craving something less combat heavy suddenly. Not that combat is a problem at all. E just has me conditioned for plot heavy stuff I think.
The plot will be pretty open. I intend to start the game with a short intro quest for everyone to finish their training and be officially knighted. From there the idea is that your group will be sent out on your own to establish your own Sky Knight outpost and reassert the Sky Knights' presence in that area. What direction you plan to set out in will determine what islands and cities you'll come across, which in turn will determine what quests and plot hooks you can potentially find. The main focus will be on helping the locals (citizens and/or governments) and building up your base. Or at least that's the initial premise, if the party finds themselves wanting to ignore that to go explore the surface, or insert themselves in some political drama, or anything else really, then that's for you all to decide.

Request Thread

AribethAmkiir

[Floatleft][/float]Concept:Wyng | Druid: Circle of the Moon.

Wyng grew up helping tend and raise the mighty beasts the Sky Knights employed.  Not content with such a simple life, she dreamt of becoming one of the valiant Knights which her pa told fanciful tales about.  Follower of Ava the Lifebringer and Aardia, Wyng was taught more than the basic care for their sacred charges and was inducted into her tribe's Druid Circle.  Despite the years of training, her dream never faltered and she finally gained permission from the Archdruid to chase after it.  She became an applicant and endured a new set of trials .  She works hard to become knighted, and ensures her mount - along with any others gets the best care possible.   She believes that by becoming a Sky Knight she can best protect the Floating Isles, and the lands below.

Crensler

You seem kinda full on applications now, unless I'm very much mistaken.

SilkenVenom

Are there any sort of racial bonuses for using one of your custom races? Or what would the "base" race be for them if we wanted to use one?

Also, is there any sort of entity that would give a Clockwork Soul Sorc their power? Or should we just assume the plane of Mechanus is still a thing and it comes from there?

pdragon

As I mentioned before I was open to 2 more submissions before calling it. I said I wanted to avoid having 12+ submissions to choose from, and Hexed and Aribeth's submissions have put us at 11 so.

character applications are now closed

Sorry for anyone who missed the cut off, but I'm already gonna have to disappoint enough people as it is picking from the submissions we already have. I'll try to have a final group picked out by the end of the day, and from there start passing out discord invites and get the OOC and Character threads going.

Request Thread

AndyZ

Definitely understand.  Enjoy the game and please keep me in mind if you lose folks.

Muse

I'm going to do a dwarf cleric! 

She could be a cleric of Aradia with the thunder domain, but maybe there's a good goddess to grant the sun domain?  Can you sugest someone, P-dragon? 

Maybe it started a few generations back with a bitter moment?  When Fi'tala fell to the undead a priestess of Aradia was angry that the Sky Goddess didn't give her the strength to destroy the undead so she converted her family to a sun goddess? 

Oh, look!  This thread has the gods. 

Laughing Hyena

pdragon

Alright everyone, I've narrowed it down to 6 players to start out with. It was difficult given the quality of people's submissions, but after a lot of thinking (and in some cases straight up dice rolling) I think we have a pretty good party lined up.

1. Hexed - Vashe Highroot
2. Shengami - Glynwraek Casilltenirra
3. FoxgirlJay - Kaz Sunbeam
4. Angie - Davvon Goldwhistle
5. c0i9z - Narla
6. Rummy Tum Tum - Coros Yrjinn

Part of me was tempted to just run two games to be able to include everyone...but that's a lot of work, so I don't wanna. If you weren't picked and you'd like to be considered for a potential back up, give me a PM so I can make a record of who's interested. To those who have been chosen I'll be messaging discord invites shortly.

Request Thread

c0i9z

Crensler

Revelation

Lot of good submissions so no hard feelings or anything like that. Enjoy the game!

shengami

O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Laughing Hyena

All good pdragon. Maybe next time I can join up.

Muse

Looks like a great group.  Have fun everyone. Erm...  Don't die!  I'm not here to heal you!  :) 

Armphid

Good luck, everyone!  You've got a great group and a terrific GM in pdragon.   ;D
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Angie

Name: Heather
Race: Aasimar
Class: Cleric
Background: Outlander
Height: 5' 11
Weight: 178
Mount: Aella the Pegasus

Aella
Pegasus
Armor Class 14
Hit Points: 75
Speed 60 ft., fly 70 ft.
Feats: Combat Mount

STR: 16 (+3)  - DEX: 16 (+3)  - CON:16 (+3)
INT: 10 (+0)  - WIS: 15 (+2)  -  CHA: 13 (+1) 

Saving Throws Dex +5, Wis +4, Cha +3
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Dark Vision 60ft. passive Perception 16

ACTIONS
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit:  (1d12 + 3) bludgeoning damage.

Backstory
A lot of Heather's past is a big question mark. Her parents and her true place of birth are unknown to her. She was raised by an orc couple in Gaal Gundren, and was told that she was found in a basket with a small note reading "take care of her". Heather didn't mind and neither did her adoptive parents who had been wanting a child but weren't able to have one of their own. Her silver eyes marked her as a strange child, but her adoptive parents couldn't have cared less-she was their strange little silver eye child and that was all they wanted.

Her parents were explorers, having joined up with a group that was busy mapping the surface. Once she was old enough, she started to accompany them on their explorations, helping to map the War Torn Steppe. As she grew up, she learned how to wield many weapons with particular focus on the brutal ways of the axe from her father and many other orcs, learned the violin from a kindly gnome that assisted with the exploration efforts, and even won a drinking contest at 19 against Nort the Ever-Drinking (an old orc known for his love of beer).

Orcs, however, do not live for long. At least, not as long as Aasimar, or even as long as humans. Her parents grew old and eventually passed and while Heather knew it would happen, that did little to dull the pain. She withdrew from the greater community and began to work on her own, growing in skill as a hunter and navigator.

She offered her knowledge to many, including at one point a man who would one day be king. She had no idea who he was, however, having mostly left Gaal Gundren behind and he was in disguise. Her assistance in guiding him to safety one fateful night would change her life's trajectory soon after, as he built his army. He reached out to her, desperate for anyone who could fight. His sincerity about why he wished to wage this war convinced her to join.

On the war's eve, however, she quickly realized she was no soldier, only a woman capable with an axe. She considered desertion, but something pulled her back. So instead, she looked up to the sky and offered a small prayer: "If any of the Goddesses are listening...please, just help me."

The winds themselves answered.

To hear her tell it, she simply fought as any other soldier would. To hear others tell it, they would tell you a tornado followed her steps, that the winds of Aard threw her enemies aside, that the black storm raged around her. Divine power had touched her that day, as it seemed that Aardia herself had appointed Heather, and by extension, Aslan, as her champions. Heather considers all of this to be extremely fanciful rumors, but she could not deny that there seemed to be some holy power in her swings that day.

After the One Night War and the crowning of King Aslan, she continued to assist by keeping peace and order. Once Gaal was in a more or less stable state, she went off on her own again, this time to seek out priests of Aardia and learn about the power she had been granted. Through her worship, her bond to the goddess of wind deepened, allowing her to channel not just the fury of the storm, but the gentility of a summer breeze as well. Becoming an avatar of both the calm and the storm, she returned to King Aslan and became a knight in his service.

However, it is no secret that her wanderlust has not been dulled or dimmed, as she spends much of her time away from the castle and away from civilization completely. King Aslan has been more or less supportive of this, though one can only wonder how long she can stay around...

Extra Note: She never received a family name from her parents, just "Heather" as it sounded pleasant. Some refer to her as "The Black Storm", she doesn't like that title and actively refutes it.