What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

right now I'm playing Fable three and loning it! ummm... Does anyone wanna lone me some money to save the world form certen doom?
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

I'm playing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. I love it! Sure it's a beat-'em-up but it's fun. I love the Noir-verse.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

What the. I don't even ...

I'm playing FEAR. You know, the game where you enter an elevator, hit the button only to find yourself falling down the elevator shaft, into a pool of blood, which you have to swim down through in order to fall down into a dry corridor, where you start moving toward the door at the far end of the hall only to find yourself inexplicably there, and open the door to find yourself in a pitch-black room surrounded by fire and under attack by weird ghost monsters. And then find yourself right back in the elevator!

Just like real life!

Inkidu

I picked up Command and Conquer 3: The Wrath of Kane also and I'm just having to relearn all my tricks for Nod tactics.

I'm not easily taken in by that kind of stuff Nod sells though or anything...

All hail Kane!

...*cough cough*

I wish Command and Conquer 4 would go to console. I'm not going to ever buy it on PC. Maybe if I get it free.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Command & Conquer is one of my all-time favorite games. Tiberian Sun was a bit more 'meh' in my book - just never really finished it, but maybe I should. Command & Conquer 3, while admittedly not as good as the previous games story-wise ( not including the Scrin, at least in the way they were, would've been a huge improvement ), is certainly a good game. Kane's Wrath, though, is awesome. Kane, and by extension Joseph D. Kucan, the actor who plays Kane, is just such an intense person. I can see why millions of people would follow a leader like that.

As for Command & Conquer 4, let's just ... not talk about it. The gameplay is changed. The story is laughable. The whole thing just reeks.

Inkidu

Yeah and it has a very invasive DRM. I liked 3 though. It added a since of the world of the C&C Universe. It's gameplay was much more refined too and the scenes got an upgrade.

Oniya

Quote from: Hemingway on December 05, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
Just like real life!

And exactly when did you take up residence in the Overlook Hotel?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hemingway

Well, I've played through FEAR. Time to start the expansions. But even without those, Steam tells me I've played the game for 11 hours. That's easily twice the time it takes to beat most action games nowadays. That alone is awesome. FEAR is turning into one of my favorite games ever.

Wolfy

Thinking about picking up Starcraft II

Lightshock16

Current Games I'm Playing Include Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Blur, Formula 1 2010, and Midnight Club Los Angeles...as you can guess, i'm a bit of a Racing-Game Fan.

Wolfy

As for what I'm playing right now...Borderlands, Halflife 2 Deathmatch, TF2, L4D2, And Dawn of War II. o3o

Lah

I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl as of late. If anyone else plays, I'd be glad to swap Brawl friendcodes with you!

... Pardon my childish taste in video games  :-)

Wolfy

That means you have a Wii! *hiss*

:P

Hemingway

Well this is ... weird and frustrating. FEAR can be played in widescreen, but it says it's not optimized for that resolution. The expansion pack Extraction Point, however, doesn't let you pick widescreen at all.

Wolfy

Yeah...you do know the expansions weren't made by the same company/people, right? :P

In fact,I don't think anything in the Expansions is explicitly considered "Canon" by the original creators of F.E.A.R.

Hemingway

I know, and there's a fair chance I won't actually play them. Extraction Point I'll probably finish, but Perseus Mandate ... well, if it's good, but you play as a Replica Soldier unless I'm mistaken, so it's not as interesting.

Edit: I think I am mistaken. That's Reborn, for FEAR2. But whatever!

Wolfy

Wolfy

Hemingway

I don't really enjoy fast-paced and snarky reviews.

As for the sex thing, well, I skipped through it. But it mentioned Mass Effect and now I want to play that. Tali romance! YEAH.

Wolfy

Actually, the Tali Romance doesn't have a scene...:P Danger to exposure and all that...you never see her without the mask. Ever.

Hemingway

It is, however, a very well developed romance and has its share of intimate moments. The bunker on Haestrom where Tali talks about how she wishes Shepard were there is one of the most memorable moments of the entire game, if you ask me.

Bentley

I hope they never show Tali's face.

Anyway, I beat ME2 last night.

On a whim I bought the Harry Potter And The Order of The Phoenix video game. It's my favorite of the books. I didn't expect much from the game though, and I'm glad it was cheap. All I can say for it is that I like exploring Hogwarts and seeing the characters rendered in such a way. I don't know if I'll bother finishing.

Wolfy

A game based on a movie based on a book.

...What could possibly go wrong? :D

Now we just need a book based on the game to bring it full circle.

Bentley

Heh. Every so often I make a bad video game purchase.  :P

Wolfy

Starcraft II...and, I can't believe it, but I actually found a collectors edition at my local Walmart...