Wiki question

Started by Talra Di Deliren, September 05, 2016, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talra Di Deliren

Only because I can't seem to find an answer on the info pages, I'll ask help here...

What is the discussion tab? Is it sort of another part of the profile page or like a talk board?

Also, I want to start a group game and when it can go up, I'd like to use a page on the wiki to post character profiles for everyone to find and check out. I played in a game where someone done that and find it actually a clean and awesome idea. Just asking ^^
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Oniya

Quote from: Talra Di Deliren on September 05, 2016, 09:47:15 AM
Only because I can't seem to find an answer on the info pages, I'll ask help here...

What is the discussion tab? Is it sort of another part of the profile page or like a talk board?

Also, I want to start a group game and when it can go up, I'd like to use a page on the wiki to post character profiles for everyone to find and check out. I played in a game where someone done that and find it actually a clean and awesome idea. Just asking ^^

Discussion tabs are basically the 'talk' page where wikimins talk about changes that are needed for a page - since the Elliwiki isn't a 'fact-based' wiki, I don't think it gets used much.  Any member can create a wiki page/pages - it uses your regular log-in name and password for Elliquiy.  (If you have had a display-name change, this would be your original name and current password.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Talra Di Deliren

Well I already have my user page under the members category. How do I start a new page...'cause I don't see anything saying create or anything and looking it up has me in confusion....I'm not really familiar with using wiki, sorry.
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Oniya

I haven't done it myself, but there's a 'Getting Started' tutorial that I found:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page

I'd think that the option of starting it from a URL would be easiest:  Go to any Elliquiy Wiki page and edit the part after 'wiki/' to what you want the new page to be titled.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Talra Di Deliren

Got it! Thanks a bunch ^^!

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Talra Di Deliren on September 05, 2016, 04:38:29 PM
Got it! Thanks a bunch ^^!

Also, if you are indexing it on your user page, you can do [[Page]] and it will show up on your user page as an editable (clickable) link where you can hop to that page.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Talra Di Deliren

Okay. Thanks. Think I'm getting the hang of it bit by bit ^^

On a off topic piece, I was wondering about the differences in human and exotic. What if the person is playing a non-human that could look human but on another instance not human? Like say a werewolf? What about fairies? Would there be a mix in the exotic forums where creatures could still have human features at some points? Or humans being in exotic forums if story fits? Or does any human quality must be put in human only forums?

Oreo

Exotic is up the list. If they are human and human only they are labeled human. If they can be exotic, they go to the next level of being labeled exotic (even though they can appear human.) The labeling is for the comfort of the reader. So those that are uncomfortable reading about exotic creatures don't get surprised. ; )

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Talra Di Deliren

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin