Tales of Celestia (Tales themed PF3.5) Closed for now.

Started by Black Howling, March 13, 2011, 07:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

The Sorceress has been working 12 hour shifts the past two days. ;)

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 15, 2011, 12:26:54 AM
Ah so its a rogue you are after then I take it? Very well i can play one of those. I'll put one of them together for you.

That would be the gist. We need some skills, currently this group ain't got any. :P

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Laughing Hyena

Poor sorceress. Hopefully you will be able to relax soon. :-) In either case Howling I wish to speak privately with you.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 15, 2011, 01:19:43 AM
Poor sorceress. Hopefully you will be able to relax soon. :-) In either case Howling I wish to speak privately with you.
I would imagine that the easiest way to do that is send him a private message.

NicciKotor

Gasp!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Black Howling

Feel free to send me a PM, or IM on YIM if you use it.

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Laughing Hyena

Black Howling

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 15, 2011, 02:34:07 AM
I got the feeling someone did not like Alistair at all in that comic. :-)

Yeah, but if you ever notice how often Alistair walks right into the traps on dragon age, it actually makes a lot of sense. LOL

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Argh! I always miss cutoff in interesting games... If you have any open spots or roles in the future, let me know."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Black Howling

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 15, 2011, 02:34:07 AM
I got the feeling someone did not like Alistair at all in that comic. :-)

Rolls are...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935464/ 14
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935465/ 17
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935467/ 11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935468/ 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935469/ 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2935470/ 13

Not in that exact order but you get the idea. Rogue's on a hell of a good start

Looks good. Not bad at all for a rogue, any ideas on your race yet?

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on March 15, 2011, 03:19:13 AM
"Argh! I always miss cutoff in interesting games... If you have any open spots or roles in the future, let me know."

I've already been pondering letting more people in, as it would fit the theme for tales. If a female applies to counter part you, then I will. Even if interest doesn't come, this is the internet, and system gamers are sometimes more flaky then those who freeform. Someone will likely drop, and you'll be first on my list to contact if they do. ;)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"You might want to make a note of that on the front page for anyone who doesn't get to the second page before deciding you are full. I think this is a pretty cool idea for a game and it will definitely get some more interest if you draw the attention."

Black Howling

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on March 15, 2011, 04:18:06 AM
"You might want to make a note of that on the front page for anyone who doesn't get to the second page before deciding you are full. I think this is a pretty cool idea for a game and it will definitely get some more interest if you draw the attention."

... A good point, I'll go do that now. :)

Laughing Hyena

human. I wanna try something different then what i am used to. Play half orcs, ogres, elves and such. And I dont wanna touch a halfling since that limits options. So Im going with this.

Black Howling

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 15, 2011, 05:59:19 AM
human. I wanna try something different then what i am used to. Play half orcs, ogres, elves and such. And I dont wanna touch a halfling since that limits options. So Im going with this.

Sounds good, can't go wrong with the human. By the way, I forgot to mention this as most had been told in PMs, but make sure to set the sheet up plot hooks if you will. I'll edit and add that to the rules now. :)

ManyMindsManyVoices

"So, as a big fan of the Tales Series, I know a lot of the common elements. I'm curious as to how you plan to fit them into Pathfinder. I mean, little things like renaming CLW Potions Apple Gummis (or potions in general become gummis), to bigger things like the summons (Ifrit, Gnome, Undine, Sylph, Celsius, Volt, Maxwell, etc.)."

"Also, the Sorcerer's Ring is usually a major plot point, obviously for video game reasons, but I bet it could be recreated as a magic item. Just curious as to what will make the game more like a Tales game?"

Black Howling

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on March 15, 2011, 03:58:15 PM
"So, as a big fan of the Tales Series, I know a lot of the common elements. I'm curious as to how you plan to fit them into Pathfinder. I mean, little things like renaming CLW Potions Apple Gummis (or potions in general become gummis), to bigger things like the summons (Ifrit, Gnome, Undine, Sylph, Celsius, Volt, Maxwell, etc.)."

"Also, the Sorcerer's Ring is usually a major plot point, obviously for video game reasons, but I bet it could be recreated as a magic item. Just curious as to what will make the game more like a Tales game?"

Admittedly I have yet to pin every change down. The potions are easy to fix, they simply become gels. That even works for oils too, if you think about not every gel being quite as solid.

Fortunately for me, I've already replicated The Tales Games on 3.5 once before, just never on pathfinder. Gels, Summons and Sorcerer's ring are the easiest parts to deal with for me. Saying I don't have a lot of rejection to home brewed items, which anyone in this game can read my first post and know I make custom magic items. My issues have always come in the core power outage of the game, like Capacity cores, EXspheres, and Bhodi Blastia. I think I've found a way to do it though. :D

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Huh, I forgot that always seems to exist."

"So, how would you handle summons? I mean, it's a common enough element, and I was curious how you'd do a summoner in this system. I'm sure the core/blastia thing wouldn't be too hard."

Xiphon III

If you ever need a bard, shoot me a line, okay? They're my specialty.

ExisD

Hey, I'd like to apply for the last female slot if it's still open. I've got an idea for a character that I think would be fun.

An elf from a wilder part of the world using arcane might to amplify her martial ability. Though I'd like to request two spells from the 3.5 spell compendium.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

spells:
Blades of Fire- 1st level, swift, for 1 rnd your melee attacks deal +1d8 fire damage
Wraith Strike- 2nd level, swift, for 1 round your melee attacks are touch attacks

Black Howling

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on March 15, 2011, 08:34:15 PM
"Huh, I forgot that always seems to exist."

"So, how would you handle summons? I mean, it's a common enough element, and I was curious how you'd do a summoner in this system. I'm sure the core/blastia thing wouldn't be too hard."
The core/blastia only becomes hard if people want to try and integrate arts into the system. I literally had make all martial classes martial adepts because of this when my group at home wanted to use 'demon fang' and stuff. I'm hoping to avoid that confusion here. As far as summoners go, the summon monster spell really puts some great ideas for how to handle a summon spirit in the game. Obviously their examples don't work, but with slight tweaking it's easy to make a spell/item/whatever that calls such a being from one of the 'otherworlds' I have listed.

I set up the cosmology with this in mind, as the spirits like Rem, Shadow, and Sylph really did play a big part, even if they weren't being summoned. Naturally details about the spirits aren't common knowledge, so only characters with the proper knowledge checks will know much. Putting in that Raine or Jade feel that the tales character's always had, where their knowledge really came into play. That mixed with the fact that the tales characters always had to encounter the spirit for it's blessing before  they could properly summon it helps. Oh, and for a Sheena type we could always use the summoner class. It really kinda fits how she was.

Quote from: Xiphon III on March 15, 2011, 08:47:31 PM
If you ever need a bard, shoot me a line, okay? They're my specialty.
I'll be sure to message you if we are in need of one. Currently we're looking only for a female role, preferably a mage or the like.
Quote from: ExisD on March 15, 2011, 08:53:21 PM
Hey, I'd like to apply for the last female slot if it's still open. I've got an idea for a character that I think would be fun.

An elf from a wilder part of the world using arcane might to amplify her martial ability. Though I'd like to request two spells from the 3.5 spell compendium.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

spells:
Blades of Fire- 1st level, swift, for 1 rnd your melee attacks deal +1d8 fire damage
Wraith Strike- 2nd level, swift, for 1 round your melee attacks are touch attacks

That could work out, I'll need to talk more in depth with you about that as I've yet to fully detail much of the world aside from Kimaria and Arcadia. The spells I'll need to look over, but most things from the spell compendium were pathfinder worthy, so I don't think it will too much of a problem.

ExisD

Ok, would you prefer to do that over PM? I can roll up something basic to have as an idea, though this will be my first pathfinder game.

Black Howling

Quote from: ExisD on March 15, 2011, 09:25:27 PM
Ok, would you prefer to do that over PM? I can roll up something basic to have as an idea, though this will be my first pathfinder game.

Pathfinder is different then 3.5 in some regards, it's been highly streamlined. PM me with the basic levels you want to take, and I'll mainly need to speak with you about what wild area you plan to come from. That won't affect much statistically, so we can begin character building while we work on it. Check This for more specific details on the pathfinder system. Classes have been modified, as well as feats and some of the combat rules.

And that means you're in Ryuka, lets work on a character for you as well. :D

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Cool, I often avoid getting too familiar with other peoples' characters at the beginning, so, what are the basics of what we've got in the game? I'd be interested in playing a Summoner if the mechanics were not too complicated for both myself and Black Howling. I don't want to make the character too over-complex and make it hard for the game to get rolling. I'll skim through things and maybe build two characters (with the Summoner on backburner), and decide exactly want I want to run after I hear what people have already done."

Revelation

This game still accepting male characters? I am not sure!