Secret Assassins Game Interest Check.

Started by Gosco, March 17, 2010, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gosco

I had this up a while back but didn't get much interest for it so I thought I'd post it again with a bit more detail behind it.

I would like to do an Assassin's Creed based RP style with a couple of players to make it interesting. The universe will be controlled by me, the GM, and all plot lines I will come up with myself. Here are a couple rules that I have for the roleplay.

1. Players will control their character's actions and emotions and nothing else. (No introducing new character or controlling NPCs)
2. Players will provided relatively detailed responses to the situations provided to them.
3. Players will attempt to make a post a day at the minimum.
4. GM reserves the right to change anything that he wishes during the game.

It seems dumb to set up rules like this but the world is based on rules and it just makes things easier if I put all my intentions out there in the open so everyone can see them. For rule 1, You will only be in control of your character. I don't want everybody to bring in a brother, sister, or damsel in distress that I have to keep track of on every turn. Plus, it makes it hard for the GM to drive the game the way he wants when new character keep getting introduced. That being said, if you wish to introduce a new character or change something int he world of the game, contact the GM OOC and we will discuss the action before putting it in. Now if the thing you want to do is minor, e.g. You want your character to pick up and apple that wasn't mentioned in the game, I'm not a Nazi, go ahead. I just mean big actions.

For rule 2, I'm not saying I need 2-3 paragraphs for each post. Sometimes a situation will be presented and I will just need a simple reaction from the character. I don't expect you to drag out the decision for 2 paragraphs because you know I liked detailed responses.  When I say reasonable detail, I mean be detailed when you can be. Introductions of your character should be one of your most detailed posts. It just makes the game more interesting when things are well thought out. I don't want this to be a quick 1 line post every couple minute game.

For rule 3, A post a day is the minimum. I think that is reasonable. If you know up front you can't make a post a day, please do not apply a character. If you agree to this and something comes up and you have to drop out, PM me. I can always kill your character off ;-). Or make an arrangement. Or if you have to go for a day, that is fine too. I just don't' want someone who only comes on every 2-3 days and casually makes a not thought out post.

For rule 4, that is self explanatory, I reserve the right to completely jerk the roleplay in a new direction if my creativity wills me. Don't worry, I'm not going to bring in Godzilla randomly, but if things dull out I want to be able to spice it back up without someone getting all bent out of shape.

Scene

The market district of Rome was always very busy this time of the year. Many of the merchants from the North made their annual trip down to sell goods and the place became booming. It was like a modern day mosh pit, bodies flung against each other trying to get the best deals from the merchants around them. Most people were stuck in the middle and couldn't even get the stands, having to wait until a path was cleared for them. Fights would break out randomly when a merchant would attempt to cheat a customer or vice versa. It was the perfect play for someone to die and no one to notice.

Maseem darted across the crowd. He had to put his arms between people and forcibly shove them out of the way to get through, and even then he wasn't getting far. His eyes were wide with fear and his face covered in a cold sweat. Someone was chasing him and whoever it was, he didn't mean any good fortune on Maseem. "Out of the way! The Wings of Death are behind me!" Maseem cried. A few turned and gave him an odd look. It wasn't common to have men scream such words into a crowd, but it was Markey week, and all sorts of people came from the slums to shop.

The edge of the crowd drew into view for Maseem. He could almost smell the freedom that he would have once he made his way up to Florin and told the others of what he had seen there today. Maseem drove his shoulder into the last person in his way and shoved him, about to the last step when he looked down. Beneath him, over the ledge, was a drinking river. He had forgotten that this side of the market's perimeter was the river. He'd have to find another way.

"For God's Love! Where is..." Maseem began, when a much lower voice cut him off. "God has forgotten your people." It was the last word Maseem heard as the short blade pierced his back and punctured his trachea, preventing him from screams. His body fell from the ledge into the river, turning the blue water red. The Assassin withdrew his blade and returned into the crowd, disappearing. It was the very beginning of a war that Italy would have never seen. An unsung war between two factions that had coexisted for years until this moment.

End Scene

That is just something to get you in the mood for the type of roleplay I want. We will begin this roleplay in Florin, the home base of the Destra (Good Guy Assassins). Much of the story will be revealed in the actual roleplay, because I like watching character's reactions. If you truly need to know more before you are interested, then PM me.

Characters available

Destra
1. Assasins
2. Informant
3. Leader
4. Others

Forza (Bad guys)
1. Assasins
2. Leader
3. Others

Those are a lot of different characters but I only expect this to be a small group game. If I get a huge response to this post, we'll see what happens. The Assassins will be limited, perhaps only 1-2 per side, so if that is what you want, fill out a REALLY good character sheet that catches my eye and do it fast. I will have to choose who gets what character, so if someone has already filled out a character you want, go ahead and fill out a sheet and I will decided who has the best character. I put Others up there because if you have an idea for each organization you want to do, maybe a blacksmith or something, go ahead.

In the character sheet I would like.

Name: First and Last please
General Description: What do you see when you look at the character
Weapons and Armor: What weapons and armor do they carry that aren't explained in General Description
Personality: Who are they.
Shticks: I would like everyone to provide at least one of these. A Shtick is something that your character does that makes him/her unique. For example, maybe every time you Assassin makes a kill, they always recite a prayer for the deceased. Or maybe whenever the Leader is making a decision, he bows his head and sings a song. Just something unique as that. It doesn't have to be an action either, maybe your character is prejudice against people who throw away food.
Short Background(optional): If you wish to keep your background a secret then by all means. I would like you to send any necessary information to the GM via PM. Even if you don't want the other players to know, I need to know all. No surprises for me :-P.
Photo(optional): A photo can speak words you cannot. If you'd like to provide one. Go ahead.

What would the world be like without the creative? Always the same.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Merlyn

I am a bit interested in this, but I do have a few questions before I am willing to give you a definitive 'I'm in.'

First off, what time period is this actually in?  The topic says medieval, but your post to me seems to be influenced more by Assassins Creed II which is Renaissance Italy as opposed to the first which was Assassins and Templars in medieval middle east.

In regards to rule 3, is that to say that if you post regularly say, 4-6 times a week, that your character will be killed off?

And in regards to rules 4, does that mean that you (as gm) are allowed to 'godmod' and control anyone's character in any way?  Or deny our characters things we deem necessary, such as medical support (if you can really call it that for those periods).

And lastly if we can only respond to your situations, is that to mean that essentially a single assassination is possibly going to take multiple days or even weeks?  Because if all we can do is simply react to something eg. I go after npc, npc runs, then I must chase, npc hides/continues to run, I find/catch up to npc, npc begs or w/e, then I can kill (if you even allow it).  That would end up being a total of 7 posts, which could easily translate into a week.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Gosco

Well you are correct about the time period. I did mean Renaissance Italy, Just a typo.

I will not kill of a character unless that person can no longer post at all. And even if you haven't posted in a couple day, I will send a PM to ask what is up. The reason I reserve this right is because every character will be essential to the storyline, so if someone isn't posting, no one else can do anything and it lags the whole thing down. I don't have a God complex, I want it to be fun for all player, and someone not posting is just not good for the game.

The reason I put number 4 in is if the game isn't going very well, I may need to change it up to get it back on track. I may have to skip a kill entirely to get things moving. So if your character is moving in on a kill and I need to change things, I may take control of the character and make the kill then move on. This isn't a common scenario, it's just something I want out there so if it happens, I don't get a bunch of angry PMs. If everyone is having fun and things progress, then it won't happen at all.

I will be as detailed as possible, providing object and people in a scene that is adequate enough to give your character options when he is to do a scene. The reason I don't like people introducing lots of characters and pushing the roleplay where they want is because that might not be fun for the other players. Lets say you decide that during a kill, your character sees an old love and runs off to talk to them, now deciding to switch sides and fall in love. Now it's a love story that makes no sense to the other players. If you have ideas for where the story is going, PM me and I can incorporate it into the next post. The GM system allows for an environment that the characters can play in. I think of it like a video game. The video game gives you a story and levels to play in and hands you a character, you react to what the game gives you. If the game allowed you to insert your own things into it, then what is the point of playing? :-P

This won't be a quick 2 line post roleplay. I'm not looking for a 200 posts a day forum post. I want a detailed game where I provide a scene and objective and your characters try to attempt to achieve it. A good paragraph or 2 post will do. If you aren't interested in this, then please do not apply.

"History? I'll teach you history. You want to know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago? The you 5 minutes ago had 5 minutes to live." -Anachronox

Merlyn

Ok, I'm officially saying that if you find enough people I'm in.
I have a rough idea of my character but I have to just perfect it if this is indeed going to run.

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Scribbles

I'm in. I'll send you the profile via PM.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Merlyn

Ok, I sent you my character.  I hope that we get a bit more interest in this soon.

Ons and Offs

Gosco

If we can get one more player for the Forza, I think we'd be able to start this up.