[5E D&D] Acquisitions Incorporated: Now Hiring! [No Longer Hiring]

Started by Chulanowa, February 02, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

At Acquisitions Incorporated, you inquire - and we acquire™. For nearly twenty years, other people have had things you've really wanted and we've gone over there to get those things,
even if they didn't want us to do that. Typically, they don't. But we don't work for them, we work for you™. We've acquired it all, but we specialize in staves, gems, and storied weapons
of great lineage. We do apply a reasonable surtax for rods, because rods. It's been a problem. This is AcqInc in a nutshell:

Defenses negotiable. Merchandise plentiful. Franchises available.

Acquisitions Incorporated: It's In The Name™

You COULD have gotten a job with the Gray Hands. But they wanted you to pay
This is a dramatic re-enactment, and such backstories do not
apply to all potential interns. Your mileage may vary,
is what we're saying. Heroism far from guaranteed.
up-front. The Knights of the Unicorn have certain cultish aspects, such as being a cult. And like, medieval bronies. For a time the Company of the Catlash was considering you until you forgot to shave the day of your interview. Really it came down to two choices for your adventuring career; Acquisitions Incorporated, or the Companions of the Hall. And let's face it, you'd never cut a heroic figure standing next to Drizzt*. So here you are, application in hand for the most heroic capable franchised adventuring company of the Sword Coast!

Your characters have all applied - and been accepted! - as interns for Acquisitions Incorporated. You stand now on the verge, nay, precipice of your first excursion, to prove your mettle and wherewithal, to show yourselves worthy of full franchisee status! Actually given the company they've joined up with they're as likely to end up as professional dire rabbit herders as they are to end up heroes, but they don't know that!

So here's a thing that's happening, I guess. As they say in the Shining South, how-dee pardners and welcome to my take on the franchise of Acquisitions Incorporated. If you're unfamiliar, here's a quick rundown; Acquisitions Incorproated is an ongoing semi-comedic D&D game run for / by the guys at Penny Arcade and friends set in the Forgotten Realms. Though it tends to follow "standard" adventures, it ends up getting pretty silly. How silly? Well there was the one time they ended up in a Jaeger-style mecha and kicked the Tarresque in the nuts. And that's the kind of sensation I'm aiming for here!

...The "adventure with a silly side" sensation, not the "getting kicked in the nuts by mecha-Halaster" sensation. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

The Rules

The rules are simple!

Rule of Rad: Some things you can do. other things you can't do. But if there's something you technically can't do, but it sounds sufficiently rad (at GM's discretion) you'll at least get a shot at pulling it off. Don't be afraid to try those triple somersaults off the back of a flying dragon to party a lethal thrust to your best buddy's beloved boob-bearer.

Rothfuss' Rule: Are you skilled at flim-flam? Fast-talk/ Pure bullshittery? Are you perhaps dragging your feet on the third novel of a series your DM desperately wants to continue? This rule might apply to you! Similar to the Rule of Rad, I might allow you to get away with absolute bullshit if you make a persuasive enough argument for me. Don't try it all the time, because even pat gets told "no" now and then.

Humor: Like I said, this is a comic adventure. That doesn't mean it's a nonstop comedy rollercoaster, slapstick, or that every word has to be a joke, or the like. But you will encounter the absurd. There will be occasional pop culture references and I expect quips and riffs and low-hanging fruit (heh, heh...). Don't feel like you've got to give a standup comedy act, but keep a sense of humor and tolerance for silliness. You're in a game where a Rod of Seven Parts has been "kiestered" for two years, mecha-beholders exist, and Newhamp Shire is an actual place.

E Stuff: "Okay... THEY FUCK!" - Rosie Beestinger
   Sexual humor is definitely a thing in AcqInc. However sex is not the focus of the game. If you want to get it on, cool, that's all you. Feel free to schmooze your teammates all you like, to any degree the two+ of you are comfortable with. Maybe some NPC's will be game. However this isn't going to be the sort of game that wends up with sexual "bad ends" or throngs of wriggly, jiggly tentacle-beasts. The game will be contained in the Light: Human Small Groups section of the forums. All characters must be the species equivalent of 17+.

Character Creation

• Everyone starts at level 1.
• Beginning ability scores before racial adjustments are 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
• All races / subraces from Player's Handbook and Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide are allowed.
• All class options from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Xanathar's Guide to everything else are allowed; the Uneaethed Arcana "Revised Ranger" and its subclass options are available as well.
• You can choose any background from the above sources, as well as this list. You can replace one background skill with any other skill or one tool proficiency of your choice.
• You get the typical starting gear for your class / background, one roll on the Trinket table, plus a single common magical item.

• Speaking of backgrounds; you don't have to write a novel! Gimme the high points, and feel free to fill in the gaps as things go along. or have your gaps filled, if you prefer!
• Concepts: Remember that part where I compared your character to stale chip crumbs? Yeah, think like that. "Weird" characters are great, and weirdness is probably why they're applying for AcqInc internships in the first place. Hillbilly dwarf sorcerers, dragonborn bards who dual-wield bass lutes, that sort of stuff can work. I mean, maybe not mechanically, but never know 'til you try (see section 3, paragraph 1, Rad, rule of)
• Please only use art for character images - I personally prefer non-anime styles, if at all possible. Cartoonish / comic book-style is fine though.

AndyZ

I was in an earlier incarnation of this and would love to play it again, with the same character or a different one.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bibliophilia

Trying to decide if I'm going with a Halfling rogue or a fighter of some type.  Kinda ruminating on the idea of a big, blonde, ditzy fighter in teeny armor.

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

Decided on making a babe-arain.  I mean, a boobarian.  I mean, a bimbarian.  -peers.-  Actually, they're all right. 

Meet Stacie Bloodglut, human barbarian and amateur chef.  Her favorite season is spring, she loves camping, horse-back riding and eviscerating her enemies.  Her ideal partner is someone kind and patient who uses small words, speaks slowly and knows how to dance.

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

Additional images (NSFW)

Stacie Anne Bloodglut
Level 1 Human Barbarian

Description: Stacie is a whole lot of woman.  Standing 6'3 and blessed with all the curves a woman could ever want, she takes up a lot of space and the majority of the space she inhabits consists of bare, velvety skin and soft, inviting cushion.  Her waist is slender, her stomach firm and faintly muscled, and her legs are towering trees of well-toned, well-turned strength with surprisingly dainty ankles.  Her hips are the definition of child-bearing, and her ass is a plump treat barely covered by her minuscule chain mail bikini bottoms.  The perfect counterbalance to all the junk in her trunk are the large, high breasts that nearly spill from the tiny mail halter top that manages to cover her nipples only by some miracle of design or magical intervention.  Her face is strikingly pretty, with huge, guileless sky blue eyes - fringed by impossibly thick, dark lashes - that gaze out on the world around her with the vapid wonder of someone who doesn't understand 90% of what they're seeing, but finds it all fascinating.  Her full, pouty lips are naturally candy pink and frequently curled into a sweet smile capable of lighting up a room or warming the iciest heart.  Her pretty face - complete with a sprinkling of cinnamon freckles across the bridge of her pert nose - is surrounded by thick, lustrous, fluffy blonde hair that always seems to always fall in the most flattering arrangement and catch the light to dazzling effect.

Personality:  Stacie is a clumsy, ditzy, excitable, friendly, short tempered girl who has never spent any time in an urban setting before.  If there's something breakable at hand, chances are she will knock it off of whatever it's sitting on with her ass, her weapon, or a careless hand gesture.  Either that, or she'll pick it up out of curiosity and either drop it, grip it too hard or just bust any mechanism it might employ trying to work it.  She never does these things on purpose and is always genuine in her regret and apology, but this doesn't stop her from doing it again ten minutes later without even thinking.  Much, if not all, of what Stacie does is without thought, in fact.  She finds maths confusing, using her fingers and toes to do even the simplest calculations, and her grasp of complex concepts is abysmal.  She often feigns understanding by nodding and smiling, though she isn't embarrassed to ask to have things explained more slowly, if necessary.  She is always eager to make new friends, but if someone crosses her, people she cares about or those she considers worthy of protection, she quite easily loses her temper.

History:  Stacie was born to a nomadic tribe that roamed the grasslands and raised horses and oxen to trade with urban dwellers.  They were well-known for their superior horseflesh and skill at training the large, hearty beasts so favored by the military and city guards.  The creatures were excellent in battle, and yet nimble enough to manage even excessively rocky terrain without much difficulty.

They were a peaceful tribe, rarely having trouble with others due to their advantages in mounted combat and their noted skill with, albeit primitive, weaponry and battle tactics.  However, as is often the case, the leader of a city with whom they often traded decided he was tired of bargaining with 'savages' for his horses.  So, he sent a regiment of the city militia to 'renegotiate' their terms.  In other words, they wanted to take the tribe as slaves and force them to breed and train horses full time, rather than being forced to wait until the tribe's wanderings brought them close enough to the city once a year.

Stacie's tribe managed to handily fight them off and they prepared to travel, deciding to change their pattern to avoid the city from then on.  However, as they were preparing to leave, a larger group of the city's men arrived with more advanced weaponry and mounted on the tribe's own breeding stock.  This time, due to being unprepared, outnumbered and outgunned, the tribe was overwhelmed.  Many were slaughtered, more were captured and only a few managed to flee...including Stacie.  Now, she plans to train herself to be stronger and more skilled at battle, then return to free her people from the tyrant's grasp.

Sexuality:  Stacie is a very friendly girl with a healthy sexual appetite.  She doesn't concern herself over the bits attached to her partner, their race or even, it's rumored, their species.  As long as everything is consensual and pleasurable, she's down to party!

Chulanowa

Would like to pick up two or three more people.

Acquistions Incorporated: You inquire, we hire!

InoshimaLance

What does having an internship means? I am interested but having a really hard time understanding the whole setting. x3

AndyZ

It's based on Acquisitions Incorporated: http://www.acq-inc.com/

Basically, think of it as an Adventurer's Guild, and having an internship means you're a low level adventurer who has joined Acquisitions Incorporated and signed the contract.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Kathyan

Oh hey I was in the original..., well actually I wasn't since there were too many people and I didn't got picked.

Well I know there already is a barbarian here but I don't feel like brainstorming yet another new character so I'll repost my old one here.

Li'l Lilly Lee

'Pillaging 101, Daaad, why do I have to have to that class? for the sake of our ancestors, yes I know the Lee familee is known for our martial warriors and fierce combatants but I do not want thaaaat, why can't I do go to magi school like mom?' No matter how much Lilly tried to convince her father, Bruise would not let, "Do what you want in your free time but you will not let your ancestors down." And so she did, she grabbed her mom old tome from the magical university,... then she grabbed her books from magic highschool... and finally she took her notebooks from elementary magic school until at least she was finally able to understand something. Lilly probably would not achieve great feats of magic but she was very happy. Chief Bruise was not so much as little Lilly, as she called her despite her being a grown up already, hardly passed Advanced Pillaging, Folk Intimidating and Combat Raging and for Lee's ancestors sake she even almost failed P.E., something had to be done about this rebellious girl and it must be done quick.

As the leader of the Lee, Chief Bruise looked for an adventuring company that would accept his daughter without asking too many question, or none at all and soon enough he found the AI, they didn't asked questions, he didn't asked questions, everyone happy and so he then signed all the papers for her and sent her there, if she could manage to get a certification from them that would have more value than her grades he thought and that would keep ancestors happy. Lilly didn't objected to what she was told as it would mean father would not mess with her anymore, she took her books, her scepter and Roy, her crow familiar, and went directly into Acquisition Incorporated headquarters, "Salutations my most regarded new administrators, Lilly Lee, reporting to her assignments", she greeted in a very casual way.

Sheet

Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian)
Sage Background

Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8

Skills: Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature, Perception
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial, Undercommon,
Feat: Magic Initiate(Wizard)
Spells: Ancestors Hand (Chill Touch), Prestidigitation, Find Familiar
Feature: Researcher

Equipment:
Great Scepter (Maul), 2 hand axes, An explorer’s pack and four javelins.
A bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from an ancestor posing a question you have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
A diary from one of her ancestors with seven missing pages.

Trait: I use polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great erudition.
Ideal: Emotions must not cloud our logical thinking.
Bond: I work to preserve a library, university, scriptorium, or monastery.
Flaw: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 05, 2018, 06:35:47 AM
What does having an internship means? I am interested but having a really hard time understanding the whole setting. x3

The setting is everyday standard Forgotten Realms - specifically the city of Waterdeep (for the moment.)

Acquisitions, Incorporated (LLC) is pretty much what Andy said - an Adventuring Guild that's all about acquiring things. "Interns" are newcomers to the company (usually - but not necessarily - low-level) who are out to work their way up the ranks. The company is basically built around tongue-in-cheek references to business culture, with employee manuals, a CEO, dead peasant insurance policies, hostile takeovers, and mandatory holiday parties! That's mostly flavor and window dressing for the sake of humor though, I'm not going to be making you guys sit through board meetings or watch sensitivity training videos. You're adventurers! You'll adventure! And the employee manual is more like a set of guidelines, really... Except for the part about not sleeping with the CEO's sisters (especially now that they're dead, it would be a whole thing...)

Kathyan, for what it's worth, there actually is a barbarian Primal Path that casts sorcerer spells, starting at level 3. It's the Path of Sacred Kin, from Xanathar's Lost Notes to everything else. It uses Constitution as its spellcasting ability. I guess you beat the magic into submission? I dunno.

Illven

I have three character ideas.

Idea 1 Bard that is super shy and bookish, she became a bard because she loves stories, but people always expect her to sing... .She's not a good singer.

Idea 2 Super blonde, super happy war cleric that likes smashing things, and scuffling.

Idea 3 Super repressed, part succubus Paladin.

Any preferences

Chulanowa

Well, just between you and me and everyone else reading the thread... I kinda loathe the whole "every tiefling is a succubus" thing that usually goes on with E.  :P Especially given that in D&D, screwing a succubus results in level drains and necrotic damage!

I think the Bard might fly best of the three!

Illven

Chulanowa

I'm just going to stick with the sources already mentioned; Player's Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Xanathars' Stuff, and the backgrounds from the 5e wiki.Xanathar's Guide to Everything does have racial feats in it though, if you're just looking for some variety beyond the PHB ones.

Illven

Ah, I wanted expertise in perception to represent her having really good eyes and ears.

Illven

Stephanie von Smithington

Description Stephanie stands at about medium height for a girl at 5 feet, 4 inches. Stephanie is blessed with curves that she usually tries keeping covered with concealing clothing, thanks to years of being good naturedly teased about them in bard college that she took far too seriously. She has a cute adorable face, with a light smattering of freckles around her nose, and long luxurious brown hair that descends from her scalp in waves. Clear, cunning brown eyes hide behind glasses, that Stephanie is usually caught wearing to complete her nerdy image. Folks are usually blown away if they manage to notice how endowed in the chest, Stephanie is.

Personality. The easy description. Stephanie is a nervous wreck, years of being teased and berated have led her to constantly assume that anytime she is not perfect, she is not good enough. So the bard will constantly deny herself what she wants for the sake of being "mature" and tries to be orderly and number counting. Not that she doesn't like that last one. Stephanie adores books, and can often be caught sitting down and reading on her time off. However she can easily be distracted by pretty, or especially by buxom girls.

History. Stephanie was born to two people who were perhaps not the best parents, Stephanie had no real talent for blacksmithing, and her father had no idea how to teach someone who took to complex theories like air, but couldn't learn how to work a bellow. Especially when he would take months inbetween lessons. Eventually she went to bardic college to follow her dreams, and there the girl was perused constantly by men she had no interest in. Teased by the girls that either she had no business being a bard, or that she had "two very large reasons for being a bard." Stephanie graduated bard college with academic honors, but not really close to most of her classmates.

Sexuality. Stephanie is 99% lesbian. There's a couple of famous male bards or sorcerers she could see giving them a chance, but that's nothing compared to her tenedecy to crush on anything cute in a skirt. Stephanie turns into a nervous wreck around pretty women, wanting nothing more then to sweep them off their feet, but her anxiety convinces her that the women would never want to be hit on by her.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1483924

How's that?

InoshimaLance

Ok, I could think of some concept to go with and just run with the flow if you guys don't mind, that way I can get familiar with the settings and still play with all of you.

I am actually wanting so damn much to play a Fighter/Eldricth Knight, cause the running campaign irl I had with one just shunned off suddenly and I was left with a bad mouth-taste.

I could also go Druid or Monk.

About char personality/background concept, well I will work on that a bit.

About sexual rp? Well, do you guys mind if I only engage fully in those when the other char is my type? Hehe. Like for example, if by any reasons I have to sleep with a girl (ewk) would you let me like time skip it?

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 05, 2018, 04:04:29 PM
About sexual rp? Well, do you guys mind if I only engage fully in those when the other char is my type? Hehe. Like for example, if by any reasons I have to sleep with a girl (ewk) would you let me like time skip it?

Of course!

Just for the record though, that shouldn't even really be a thing; I'm not really running this as a "sex adventure" or whatever, but more of a "Standard D&D, and what happens, happens" kind of thing. Like, there's not going to be monsters wandering around all horny (I mean, they might be? But a horny beholder probably isn't interested in the gross monkey-things that you'll be playing.  ;D ) and no plans for "bad ends" like ending up sex slaves or whatever... You can certainly come at NPC's, and some might hit on you depending on things, and of course PC on PC activity is as open as the players want it to be, and sexual humor is always welcome, but sex just isn't going to be a central theme, at least as far as I can see.

So yeah, there's absolutely no pressure to engage in anything you don't want to!

Illven

Bibliophilia

Illven

marauder13

I have an idea for a Gnome Cleric who I think will be a good fit for this kind of game. I have watched a few of the AI shows on the web, and I do like the core concept, and how it is played.

I'll dig up the details on the short fellow, and post it if it's good as a concept.

Bibliophilia

marauder13

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 05, 2018, 01:11:44 PM
Kathyan, for what it's worth, there actually is a barbarian Primal Path that casts sorcerer spells, starting at level 3. It's the Path of Sacred Kin, from Xanathar's Lost Notes to everything else. It uses Constitution as its spellcasting ability. I guess you beat the magic into submission? I dunno.
:o but I... sigh

So that's the only comment I get :(

well I don't have the Xanathar's lost notes and haven't checked them either, and we are not level 3 either and well that would be a different concept as well.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM
:o but I... sigh

So that's the only comment I get :(

well I don't have the Xanathar's lost notes and haven't checked them either, and we are not level 3 either and well that would be a different concept as well.

...Nice scepter?  XD

Yeah it doesn't come online 'til level 3. Just thought I'd mention in case of interest. She does seem like an appropriately inappropriate concept  :-)

InoshimaLance

Forgot to ask this, sorry:

What do you mean by one roll on the trinket table?

And what sort of magical items can we bring? Weapons? Armor? Some other type?

Kathyan

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

There is a table on the player's handbook after the basic equipment and after getting a roll...
At 2018-02-06 08:51:50, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 1d100 Result: 1
I get a 1!, on a d100? That's... unusual. So a mummified goblin hand, guess she can somehow relate that to one of her ancestors.

And I was thinking of bringing a Staff of Adornment from xanathar's but reskinned into her great scepter if that's fine.

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 05, 2018, 09:34:23 PM
...Nice scepter?  XD

Yeah it doesn't come online 'til level 3. Just thought I'd mention in case of interest. She does seem like an appropriately inappropriate concept  :-)
Now speaking of ancestors, after some searching I was to get a look at the lost notes and well this archetype you mentioned does refer to ancestors too it would fit the concept.

Illven

Stephanie's got a 79

An invitation to a party where a murder happened.

"This is why I don't go to parties."

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

There's a table of trinkets you can roll on after the equipment section, like kathyan said. They're just unusual little items that you picked up along the way. curios, odd objects, and, to my way of thinking, possible plot hooks  ;D

And any "common" magical item. A potion of healing, a 1st-level or cantrip spell scroll, or one of the several options from Xanathar's Guide to everything. Some examples include
• Candle of the Deep: an otherwise normal candle that will stay lit underwater
• Staff of adornment: A staff that has the ability to make a small object (your spell focus, a light source, a kitten...) float around it in a small orbit.
• Cloak of billowing: use a bonus action to make it billow dramatically!
• Bead of Refreshment: A small gelatin pill that when eaten, serves as a full day's rations.
• Hat of Wizardry: A wizard-only item that can serve as a spellcasting focus, and allow you to try to cast a cantrip you don't know, once per long rest.
• Wand of Pyrotechnics: Can be used to produce non-damaging small fireworks displays.

Essentially, magic items that are very minor in effect, sort of "window dressing," or some very small momentary boon. If you want to come up with something of your own, I'm game for it.  :-)

Illven

What about a wand with a few prepackaged sounds.

Like a celebration sound, a dun dun dun sound, etc.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Illven on February 06, 2018, 10:01:03 AM
What about a wand with a few prepackaged sounds.

Like a celebration sound, a dun dun dun sound, etc.

Sure! Give it 3 charges and a set list of sound effects (5 or so). It regains all charges at dawn. If all charges are used, there's a 1-in-20 chance that it makes a sad trombone sound and stops working. Basically, this is a Wand of Conducting from Xanathar's, just with stock sounds instead of orchestral music  ;D

Bibliophilia

Stacie's sheet is complete, I believe.  -flops.-  She has a dragon talon necklace and a pouch of sounds.  I have no idea what she is gonna do with it, but it amuses me that she has essentially a magical whoopie cushion.

marauder13

Core concept of Roondar "Oneshoe" Nackle, Gnome Cleric of Lliira

I haven't found an image that fits how I see him, but I will settle on something soon-ish.

Description : Roondar is a typical Rock Gnome. He stands at a potent height of 4'2", and weighs in at a massive 41lbs. While he is young, a mere 41 years old, he does look more like an old man. He wears clothing that has seen better days, but as long as it covers all that needs to be covered, and is not filthy, he is fine with whatever he can scrounge, be gifted or afford to buy with the small allowance he leaves for himself. He does not, unless there is a very good reason for it, wear any footwear. Everytime he does, he seems to loose one of the pair. So, he has taken to keeping one shoe tied to the end of his staff is a vain hope that it will ward off whatever curse, or impish spirit, that keeps stealing only one shoe.

Personality : Roondar is someone who wants others not to be sad, and if possible, to be happy. He knows that everyone in the world has their place, and if they can be happy with what they have, and where they are, then he feels that their lives will be complete. If not, he will want to find a way of improving their lot in life. Within reason, he is happy to do whatever he can to bring it about. He has been know to remove some wealth from rich folk, and spread it out amongst the poor, or to purchase something that will assist them. While he understands that rules have their place, and their uses, Roondar chafes under them and will skirt the lesser laws to see to his goals. He is a firm believer that people should not be stifled in their lives, and pursuit of their dreams, as long as others don't suffer. Alvin is also curious about the world, and wants to see as much of it as he can, and find whatever little treasures, secrets, and (non-magical) wonders there are in the world.

History : Roondar grew up in a typical Rock Gnomish family, and as such shares the common love of tinkering, which he has used many times to spread joy to those about him. He was a mischievous youngster, always getting into minor trouble for his lack of regard to the rules, but deep down he always knew what lines were not to be crossed. It was during his troubling times, he found out about Lliira, and found the path of his life he had been missing. He left to join the nearest temple, and was accepted into her ranks where he proved himself true to the Goddess' calling. Not long after he was ordained, he left to bring the joy his Patron wants to share. While he is not a big one for preaching, he is more a doer of deeds, than a speaker of words.

InoshimaLance

For magical item: How about a self-concious yet dependant doll that is a bitch but also adorably tsundere and that can jump to enemies' faces, not dealing damage, but distracting. His words can also encourage some in the battlefield like:

"I bet your Mama is crying in bed for how weak you are... Or maybe it is "someone" else making her cry." It can raise your morale or take it down, maybe we dice it up. x3

Illven

If someone else has a sound box, I don't want to do the same thing.

I'm trying to think of other magical ideas.

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 07:40:21 PM
For magical item: How about a self-concious yet dependant doll that is a bitch but also adorably tsundere and that can jump to enemies' faces, not dealing damage, but distracting. His words can also encourage some in the battlefield like:

"I bet your Mama is crying in bed for how weak you are... Or maybe it is "someone" else making her cry." It can raise your morale or take it down, maybe we dice it up. x3

While it is technically on-brand (AI, and all that), I think an animate self-aware doll is quite a bit beyond a common magical item. These items tend to not provide straight mechanical benefits, or if they do, it's one-use only (healing potions, scrolls, the food pills, etc), and they're usually really simple.

A doll like that might work as a familiar though...

Illven

Oh god, I had an idea.

An emotional support stuffed penguin.

With confidence boosting lines.

Such as

"I love you!" "You can do it!"

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 06, 2018, 11:33:56 PM
While it is technically on-brand (AI, and all that), I think an animate self-aware doll is quite a bit beyond a common magical item. These items tend to not provide straight mechanical benefits, or if they do, it's one-use only (healing potions, scrolls, the food pills, etc), and they're usually really simple.

A doll like that might work as a familiar though...

Hm... You are giving me ideas... I actually wanted to use the Spell "Find Familiar"... We can discuss that later, but maybe I could use a special one, x3.

InoshimaLance

Anyway, moving on to more important matters:

This is a rough concept yet but, since you want sillyness: How about a handsome man that has a serious Multiple Personality Disorder, so serious he talks about himself as We (Venom-like) and talks to his other personas (Gollum) and also the other personas are so different and the changes so random (United States of Tara) that he is kind of a Dramatic Humor, x3.

Chulanowa

InoshimaLance

Aster Draseil <---- Char Sheet

Class: Fighter
Race: Human (Variant)

Background:: An outcast bounty hunter that got away from the crowds just to fulfill missions he didn't get. Why did he do that? Kept food on the table, kept him away. He simply hated crowds for some reason. But even the most lonely wolf needs company. What happened to him? He developed a deep multiple personality disorder. For him, all his personalities are real, existing, and a community inside him. He has had drama, romance, skirmishes, whatever with them. Yet one simple analysis would show no sign of any actual mental disorder, he seems so normal most people simply freak out, specially when the creepiest 1-person-conversations happen. He joined Acquisitions Incorporated forced by one of his multiple personas, saying they needed more company. Or perhaps they wanted to get a booty? You can be certain one of them wants to kill you.

Sexuality: Gay
Fantasies:: Manly guys, Roughness, Masters, maybe a handsome hairy manly dwarf (or others), Himself?

So? I hope I can play to this level of quirkiness.

Illven

Chulanowa

Quote from: Illven on February 07, 2018, 10:27:46 PM
How is the emotional support penguin magic item.

Honestly simple enough that it could just be your trinket, like a pull-cord doll or something.

InoshimaLance

My trinket is a multicolored stone disk. Yet haven't decided my magic item, hehe.

marauder13

Illven

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 07, 2018, 10:52:29 PM
Honestly simple enough that it could just be your trinket, like a pull-cord doll or something.

My trinket is the invitation to a party of murder.  :P

Bibliophilia

If someone already had the pouch of sounds as their magical item, I can figure out something else.  I might work with Chula to come up with something unique that can serve as the mysterious item mentioned in her background, honestly.

It doesn't take much magic to baffle and awe Stacie.

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Quote from: marauder13 on February 07, 2018, 10:56:38 PM
Mr Chulanowa, Sir, how is the concept of my Gnome Cleric thus far?

Aside from picturing a chipmunk every time I think of a gnome named Alvin? Seems okay!

InoshimaLance

Hey, Chulanowa, did you check out my message? I kinda need it for my char, x3.

Also, two questions:

About the Magical Item: Can I have a floating Journal and a Quill that writes/draws on its pages without the need of the user's hands? It obeys commands of the user but also sometimes helps like writing suggestions. Like when a letter is written, sometimes it writes what it thinks is best. (Think of the reporter in Harry Potter).

About Doll Familiar I mentioned earlier: Could we make an alternate version of Find Familiar to have a doll like that?

Chulanowa

Spells: I'd really rather keep things as-written, just for ease of bookkeeping.

Magic item: Yeah, a floating stenographer works; it's basically like a super-limited Unseen Servant, so no problem there!

Doll familiar: i already said it's a possibility  ;D

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 08, 2018, 09:56:16 AM
Spells: I'd really rather keep things as-written, just for ease of bookkeeping.

Can I change its name, cosmetics and damage type at least? Pretty please?

vin26m

Work in Progress.  Let me know what you think.

Grog
Half-orc Paladin 1
Medium humanoid, lawful good
--------------------
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 13 (1d10+3)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +2, Cha +3
Skills Acrobatics +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +3, Performance +3, Persuasion +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Orc

Actions
--------------------

Greatsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 slashing damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30 ft./120 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.

Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 bludgeoning damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 4 bludgeoning damage.

Equipment chain mail, Greatsword, 5 Javelins, Maul, Net

Personailty Traits:
Attention - I have to be the center of attentio nor I get bitter.
Insult - I like nothing better than to throw insults at people and don't mind receiving them back.

Ideal:
People - When I perform there is only one thing that matters and that is the smile on the faces of the people watching (Neutral).

Bond:
Famous - I have one goal, to be famous, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Flaw:
Pretty - I fall head over heels for a pretty face.

Background:
Gladiator (Entertainer Variant)

Entertainer Routines:
Spectacular Combat
Storytelling
Singing

Background Feature:
By Popular Demand

Grog was a gladiator who died in the arena, then was resurrected by the paladin who defeated him.  The paladin described to Grog how the mortal form of his god, Kelemvor, was similar to Grog - they both had gruff exteriors and combative natures that hid a noble heart.  Grog still wants to fight in front of an audience and be famous, but now he does it to inspire and protect.

Snake

I'm interested still but I can't decide on a build to use. it sucks

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 08, 2018, 12:33:18 PM
I'm interested still but I can't decide on a build to use. it sucks

Go nuts. Make an Orc Bard that is quite a coward and dyes his hair pink. 0w0

Snake

I was more thinking a frighteningly competent character :3 like a half elf kleptomanic warlock or monk :3

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 08, 2018, 01:17:41 PM
I was more thinking a frighteningly competent character :3 like a half elf kleptomanic warlock or monk :3

So a pretty much normal warlock? x3

Chulanowa

Alright, I think I'm going to go ahead and close this to further interest; if you've popped in to express interest, even if you haven't put in a character yet, you're good to keep working on that! So Snake, AndyZ, Sullivan, you guys are good.

However this brings a thing; so far I'm liking what I'm seeing from you all, but, I don't think I could run for a group of more than five. So, here's the deal; two groups.

Group 1 will proceed as planned, with the adventure I had in mind for this.

Group 2 will have the option of either sticking with the AcqInc theme and a different adventure, OR their choice of any 5e module or Pathfinder adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown, for reasons).

How does this sound to everyone? It's a bit awkward sure, but I hate to leave people hanging!

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 08, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
Alright, I think I'm going to go ahead and close this to further interest; if you've popped in to express interest, even if you haven't put in a character yet, you're good to keep working on that! So Snake, AndyZ, Sullivan, you guys are good.

However this brings a thing; so far I'm liking what I'm seeing from you all, but, I don't think I could run for a group of more than five. So, here's the deal; two groups.

Group 1 will proceed as planned, with the adventure I had in mind for this.

Group 2 will have the option of either sticking with the AcqInc theme and a different adventure, OR their choice of any 5e module or Pathfinder adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown, for reasons).

How does this sound to everyone? It's a bit awkward sure, but I hate to leave people hanging!

Which ones made the cut for Group 1?

Illven

Chulanowa

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

InoshimaLance

Illven

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Illven

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

InoshimaLance

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 08, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1486691

This is what i got so far. I have only built a barbarian so far in 5e.

Not fair, a sorcerer got more AC than me. I'll snipe you off with an arrow. x3 (Has to buy better armor, noted)

Speaking of AC:

Quote from: vin26m on February 08, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Work in Progress.  Let me know what you think.

Grog
Half-orc Paladin 1
Medium humanoid, lawful good
--------------------
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 13 (1d10+3)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +2, Cha +3
Skills Acrobatics +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +3, Performance +3, Persuasion +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Orc

Actions
--------------------

Greatsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 slashing damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30 ft./120 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.

Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 bludgeoning damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 4 bludgeoning damage.

Equipment chain mail, Greatsword, 5 Javelins, Maul, Net

Personailty Traits:
Attention - I have to be the center of attentio nor I get bitter.
Insult - I like nothing better than to throw insults at people and don't mind receiving them back.

Ideal:
People - When I perform there is only one thing that matters and that is the smile on the faces of the people watching (Neutral).

Bond:
Famous - I have one goal, to be famous, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Flaw:
Pretty - I fall head over heels for a pretty face.

Background:
Gladiator (Entertainer Variant)

Entertainer Routines:
Spectacular Combat
Storytelling
Singing

Background Feature:
By Popular Demand

Grog was a gladiator who died in the arena, then was resurrected by the paladin who defeated him.  The paladin described to Grog how the mortal form of his god, Kelemvor, was similar to Grog - they both had gruff exteriors and combative natures that hid a noble heart.  Grog still wants to fight in front of an audience and be famous, but now he does it to inspire and protect.

I think you have to check out yours buddy. You say 11 is your AC when you have a Chain Mail? Are you like not wearing it? Cause a chain mail gives a base of 16 AC.

sullivanthedreadlord

I only have okay armor because of the sorcerer draconic blood line.

Draconic Resilience

As magic flows through your body, it causes physical traits of your dragon ancestors to emerge. At 1st level, your hit point maximum increases by 1 and increases by 1 again whenever you gain a level in this class.

Additionally, parts of your skin are covered by a thin sheen of dragon-like scales. When you aren’t wearing armor, your AC equals 13 + your Dexterity modifier.

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 08, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1486691

This is what i got so far. I have only built a barbarian so far in 5e.

So, does your dude have a backstory/ Personality? Party tricks?  XD

"Hey, do you like magic?"
"Sure!"
"Pull my finger!"

sullivanthedreadlord

Like making it look like some one peed there pants sort of trick?

Figured my character trained under a wizard which is a bit difficult considering my characters magic comes from their bloodline rather than learning spells from a book. She likes to play some tricks on people using Prestidigitation. She doesnt always think before she speaks. Though for the most part she tries to do what she thinks is best in a given situation.

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Alright, so, here's the setup:

Group 1
Bibliophilia - Stacie Bloodglut
Marauder13 - Roondar
Illven - Stephanie Smithington
sullivanthedreadlord - Mia Rosenberg

I'll have an OOC and IC thread up for y'all shortly.

Group 2
Kathyan
vin26m
AndyZ
Snake
InoshimaLance

The five of you - should you choose to accept - can either continue with the AcqInc theme and a different 5E adventure, OR have your choice of
any of these 5E modules
• Lost Mines of Phandelver
• Hoard of the Dragon Queen
• Princes of the Apocalypse
• Out of the Abyss
• Curse of Strahd
• Storm King's Thunder
• Tomb of Annihilation
OR any Pathfinder Adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown.)

Illven

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

AndyZ

I've already played through Curse of Strahd (should finish it within the month), and read through big parts of Princes of the Apocalypse and some parts of Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

What's everyone in Group 2 playing?  I can try to fill a role.

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on February 10, 2018, 01:47:44 AM
I've already played through Curse of Strahd (should finish it within the month), and read through big parts of Princes of the Apocalypse and some parts of Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

What's everyone in Group 2 playing?  I can try to fill a role.

I think that'll probably depend on what's beign run; i imagine that if peopel want to do Wrath of hte righteous, that'll be a totally different cast from Mines of Phandelver (Phandelver? I barely know 'er!)

vin26m

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 09, 2018, 10:58:37 PM
Alright, so, here's the setup:

Group 1
Bibliophilia - Stacie Bloodglut
Marauder13 - Roondar
Illven - Stephanie Smithington
sullivanthedreadlord - Mia Rosenberg

I'll have an OOC and IC thread up for y'all shortly.

Group 2
Kathyan
vin26m
AndyZ
Snake
InoshimaLance

The five of you - should you choose to accept - can either continue with the AcqInc theme and a different 5E adventure, OR have your choice of
any of these 5E modules
• Lost Mines of Phandelver
• Hoard of the Dragon Queen
• Princes of the Apocalypse
• Out of the Abyss
• Curse of Strahd
• Storm King's Thunder
• Tomb of Annihilation
OR any Pathfinder Adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown.)

I'm going to pass on this.  Thanks and good luck.

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Well... Are there any preferences for group 2?  XD I'd kinda like to get that one going ASAP and I'm looking for input on what you guys want out of it.

Group 1 should have their threads up by this evening, because I'm a little lazy on saturdays.

AndyZ

I got to play an Out of the Abyss game for about 3 posts. Seemed pretty cool from what I got to see but not nearly enough of the game to give me any story ideas.  I’d love to try that module out.

InoshimaLance

I am up for whatever you guys wanna set up for group 2.

@AndyZ: My char is a multiweapon specialist Fighter (Choosing Eldricht Knight as specialization) Human with Magic Initiate Feat and Dueling Fighting Style. Yours?

As for my preference: I would rather if we follow the same AcqInc plot and also in the same world. Maybe the teams can bump up and cooperate sometimes, whjo knows.

But as I said, anything that helps us roll. Please for the other 2 of group 2, don't leave Andy and me to die, x3.

Chulanowa

Awww, that's too bad Kath.  :-\ Vin too, honestly. Was just kinda hoping for like "We'd like to play this thing!" so I could have a little direction on what to do for you guys. But alright. if you change your mind, you're welcome to come in!

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 10, 2018, 08:33:50 PM
Awww, that's too bad Kath.  :-\ Vin too, honestly. Was just kinda hoping for like "We'd like to play this thing!" so I could have a little direction on what to do for you guys. But alright. if you change your mind, you're welcome to come in!

Well, I hope Andy and Snake are still up to go on with me.

AndyZ

AndyZ

One thing I should ask: should the concepts be as facetious as one would expect of AcqInc?  I have a Wood Elf Rogue I can just yank out which would probably work nicely.

Chulanowa

So all three of you wanna stick with the AcqInc theme? cool! Okay... In that case, yeah Andy, some tongue-in-cheek stuff is always good!

Snake

@Lance: I'm still here. What type of char do you think would compliment yours?

Chulanowa

Alright so, Group 1, you've got an OOC thread up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282849.0

Group two, looks like I might need to run a recruit for you guys. So I just want to make sure; you want to keep the AcqInc theme?

AndyZ

Sounds good to me ^_^ I just have to come up with an idea that fits it.

Most likely I'll go with the Wood Elf Rogue idea and just see how I can tongue-in-cheek it up.

Chulanowa

Alrighty then. re-opening interest to one or two players just to fill the ranks, and then we can get that one started as well

clonkertink

Gonna register my interest right now. A little busy at the moment, but I'll try to bang out a character tonight.

clonkertink

Just remembered I made a character for a previous Chulanowa campaign, but it didn't get enough interest. So behold:

Aspen Whitebear returns!

Aspen was raised by an elven druid enclave called the Wardens of the Peak. As part of her initiation, Aspen journeyed to a sacred mountaintop grove, and spent the next half-century in total seclusion as she learned to commune with the spirits of nature. At the end of this process, the spirits gave her a quest: to journey into the civilized world, and seek out a particular sigil. From there, her fate would unfold.

Having spent most of her childhood and all of her adolescence alone, Aspen can be rather naive. She enjoys meeting people and making friends, but she doesn't quite understand their weird customs yet. She also hasn't quite figured out how money works or what a corporation is, even after the two-hour orientation meeting. She also doesn't handle summer heat very well, being accustomed to the snow-tipped mountain peaks. Despite this, she's quite happy to be out in the world with other people to talk to. All squirrels know the same three stories, and it was getting tired.

(Note: Aspen was adapted from a character who was originally level 3. I think I de-leveled her properly, but if you see any problems let me know.)

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 11, 2018, 11:58:01 AM
@Lance: I'm still here. What type of char do you think would compliment yours?

You had to do it Snake? You had to give me this kind of power? You will bring my evil side out... Nooo... *laughs with evil intent*

Ahem... Well, I do have two sides of this answer, please don't feel pressured, I am just an honest bastard and likes to be quite mischievous.

Reasonal RP-Wise: I would like you to have whatever you have the most fun with. But we might need a tank. I can barely go as offtank. But whatever you guys want is good. x3

Mischievous Part: I want an half-orc, orc (or any brawny/manly race) to go after, x3. Lets be clear, I do intent to have a shot on erp wether with NPCs or PCs. But that comes with mutual care, hehe. You don't have to go to bed with me... x9.

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

AndyZ

clonkertink, what Circle are you planning with your druid?  Circle of the Moon?

clonkertink

AndyZ

Well, that's two off tanks, so I think we're good on that end ^_^

Chulanowa

So, er... what is it you're bringing in, Andy? Did I miss yours?

AndyZ

I apologize.  It's winter, which is about the worst time to get me to come up with something creative.  I'm still thinking about what would be fun tongue-in-cheek.

I'm aiming for the Wood Elf Rogue position but don't have anything which would be amusing enough to be properly AcqInc yet.

Chulanowa

Alright. Well if it helps, I'm thinking of putting you guys in as setting other than Waterdeep; group 1 is gettign a few urban adventures to start with, while you guys, hmmm, I dunno, small rural town? AcqInc Franchise territory.

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 12, 2018, 06:10:57 PM
Did the game start yet? Not sure if I got the link to it.

I haven't gotten the IC thread up just yet, no. Been under the weather for the last few days. hope to get one up after dinner tonight though

Chulanowa

Alright so, group two:

InoshimaLance - Playing Aster Draseil (I presume?)
clonkertink - Playing Aspen Whitebear the Druid!
AndyZ - Playing ...Uh... er...
Snake - Playing... a thing, i'm sure!

You guys have an OOC thread now! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282939.0

And thus, I am closing further interest. Two groups of four, that seems solid.

Snake

I think I may still play up a build I have: a tank-build using a battleaxe and shield. :3

Or a kleptomanic female sorc. :3

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 13, 2018, 01:48:02 PM
I think I may still play up a build I have: a tank-build using a battleaxe and shield. :3

Or a kleptomanic female sorc. :3

Whatever fancies you and helps you play with us. x3

AndyZ

I just feel like a ridiculous amount of derp for not being able to come up with anything funny >.<

clonkertink

I suspect you're just overthinking it Andy. "Funny" is a very high-pressure word. All you really need is "quirky", and then you can lean on the quirks as the mood requires.

I mean, if you boil some of the classic Acq Inc characters down, you have: a bureaucratic cleric, an egotistical stage magician, a conniving rogue with a flair for the dramatic, and a dwarf of enormous importance. Their quirks tend to be played for laughs, but these same concepts could just as easily motivate more serious characters.

So with Aspen, I basically made a D&D character first, and then just figured out what kind of stuff could I could play for laughs.

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on February 13, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
I just feel like a ridiculous amount of derp for not being able to come up with anything funny >.<

Seriously, don't sweat it. No one's asking for a stand-up act here  :-) Hell, there's always the route of playing the straight man who has to put up with these screwballs and the DM's effort to portray flan as an ooze creature.

If there's an idea you want to try out, go with it.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: AndyZ on February 13, 2018, 09:33:48 PM

Don't worry man, do what you like, anything can be treated as 'quirky' or 'funny' tbh, so make a char and as we go you can give em quirks. x3

Snake

AndyZ

Nyssa Starfire used to be a fairly average half-elven commoner, with no real adventuring, fighting, or magical talents.  She signed on with Acquisitions Incorporated because it was hiring, and she hoped to hear some interesting stories while handling simple matters like cleaning, delivering letters, and some light bureaucratic work.

Her life changed drastically after being asked to clean out one of an old wizard's studies, specifically the strange black sphere that hovered a few inches above the desk.  Upon touching it, she suddenly vanished, and one of the managers offered the other twenty gold pieces.  "Told you it was a Sphere of Annihilation."

Several days later, Nyssa returned, notably more beautiful, her hair stark white, and suddenly able to perform magic.  She claims that she doesn't remember what happened in the interim, but has a number of skills with armor and weapons that she didn't possess before.  Given her memories, however, it's easy to recognize that she is who she claims to be.  Who'd be crazy enough to claim that they're an old intern from Acquisitions Incorporated?

Granted, sanity is something that one no longer fully ascribes to Nyssa.  She's taken to giggling for no reason, watches people just a little too closely, and has any number of strange and unusual eccentricities that she never possessed before touching the orb.  AI's counseling department insists that she's fine, and that these behaviors are completely normal for adventurers, even though she's never been on one before.  Accordingly, she's recently been assigned on a mission.

Strength 8 Dexterity 14 Constitution 16 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 16

Half-Elf - Hexblade Warlock - Courtier - Chaotic Good

HP 11/11 AC 18 Wisdom +3 Charisma +5

Athletics +1 Deception +5 Insight +3 Intimidation +5 Perception +3 Persuasion +5

Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Common Elven +2 Languages, Hexblade's Curse, Hex Warrior

Light and Medium Armor, Weapons, Shields, Calligrapher's Supplies

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation

Spells: Charm Person, Hellish Rebuke

Equipment: Patchwork Quarter Plate (same stats and price as Scale Mail but fits what she has in the picture, just missing pieces for full Half Plate) (50gp), Shield (10gp), Fine Clothing (15gp), Calligrapher's Supplies (10gp), Explorer's Pack (10gp), and will trade out the Tinderbox for a Belt Pouch if that's okay.  5gp remaining.

Common Magic Item: Orb of the Void.  This Orb Arcane Focus is completely black and never reflects light, though Nyssa spends far too much time staring into it for it to be truly empty.  As a bonus action, one can store the orb within their shadow, and retrieve it with another bonus action.  If its owner falls unconscious while the orb is within their shadow, the orb reappears upon the owner's shadow.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: AndyZ on February 14, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
Nyssa Starfire used to be a fairly average half-elven commoner, with no real adventuring, fighting, or magical talents.  She signed on with Acquisitions Incorporated because it was hiring, and she hoped to hear some interesting stories while handling simple matters like cleaning, delivering letters, and some light bureaucratic work.

Her life changed drastically after being asked to clean out one of an old wizard's studies, specifically the strange black sphere that hovered a few inches above the desk.  Upon touching it, she suddenly vanished, and one of the managers offered the other twenty gold pieces.  "Told you it was a Sphere of Annihilation."

Several days later, Nyssa returned, notably more beautiful, her hair stark white, and suddenly able to perform magic.  She claims that she doesn't remember what happened in the interim, but has a number of skills with armor and weapons that she didn't possess before.  Given her memories, however, it's easy to recognize that she is who she claims to be.  Who'd be crazy enough to claim that they're an old intern from Acquisitions Incorporated?

Granted, sanity is something that one no longer fully ascribes to Nyssa.  She's taken to giggling for no reason, watches people just a little too closely, and has any number of strange and unusual eccentricities that she never possessed before touching the orb.  AI's counseling department insists that she's fine, and that these behaviors are completely normal for adventurers, even though she's never been on one before.  Accordingly, she's recently been assigned on a mission.

Strength 8 Dexterity 14 Constitution 16 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 16

Half-Elf - Hexblade Warlock - Courtier - Chaotic Good

HP 11/11 AC 13 Wisdom +3 Charisma +5

Athletics +1 Deception +5 Insight +3 Intimidation +5 Perception +3 Persuasion +5

Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Common Elven +2 Languages, Hexblade's Curse, Hex Warrior

Light and Medium Armor, Weapons, Shields, Calligrapher's Tools

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation

Spells: Charm Person, Hellish Rebuke

Equipment is up in the air, but Trinket will be the black sphere, which serves as her Arcane Focus and will eventually also be her Book of Shadows if that's cool.  It never reflects light and always appears pure black even on a sunny day.

We all know the usual title of a Mage, "Glass Cannon". Here I present you the rarity among rarities, the STEEL CANNON... Freaking CON and CHA, seriously. Your armor sucks but you have the same life points I do, x3. Jesus, a bit more and you are Zarya from Overwatch.

AndyZ

InoshimaLance

Uhhhh... I would love to see that *nods*. Besides, your AC is already same as mine, x3.

Snake

Vali was a largely normal kid growing up with 3 siblings; 2 older sisters and a younger brother. His father abandoned them when he was about 5-6; for reasons he never knew or found out. Growing up with a single mom and aunt was tough but wasn't too bad except when they started looking at him like the man of the house. To get away from the stress; he would explore a small nearby ruin to see what was going on there and actually finding something spurred the lifelong interest in exploring ancient ruins and dungeons.  Eventually later in life, Vali would explore ruins all over with groups of other people with similar interests.

When he was approx about 18, his younger brother would fall ill and die after a hard winter; and that was it. Unable to stay home and stay close to that location; Vali up and left. Getting into fights, exploring ruins, pulling out ancient treasures and more than one magical item as he did. In the last fear years; he's come to be personally sponsered by a very attractive slightly older noblewoman that had an interest in ancient artifacts and needed someone to go find them for her museum (of sorts).

Joined AcqInc in hopes of tackling larger and probably more dangerous ruins. He still wears the ancient medallion he first found as a kid and hasn't found out what it does or is yet; so far it seems non-magical.

Character sheet: Vali

AndyZ

Done ^_^ Traded out a language in Courtier for Calligrapher's Supplies, which were also purchased.  Hopefully swapping the Tinderbox for a Belt Pouch is also cool.

clonkertink

Oh yeah. I forgot to roll my trinket!

"A small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it."

That is a very odd thing for Aspen to have. I might need to do some brainstorming on how she found that and why she's kept it.

Snake

I'd think Vali may have alot of trinkets cuz of his profession XD

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 02:25:19 PM
Vali was a largely normal kid growing up with 3 siblings; 2 older sisters and a younger brother. His father abandoned them when he was about 5-6; for reasons he never knew or found out. Growing up with a single mom and aunt was tough but wasn't too bad except when they started looking at him like the man of the house. To get away from the stress; he would explore a small nearby ruin to see what was going on there and actually finding something spurred the lifelong interest in exploring ancient ruins and dungeons.  Eventually later in life, Vali would explore ruins all over with groups of other people with similar interests.

When he was approx about 18, his younger brother would fall ill and die after a hard winter; and that was it. Unable to stay home and stay close to that location; Vali up and left. Getting into fights, exploring ruins, pulling out ancient treasures and more than one magical item as he did. In the last fear years; he's come to be personally sponsered by a very attractive slightly older noblewoman that had an interest in ancient artifacts and needed someone to go find them for her museum (of sorts).

Joined AcqInc in hopes of tackling larger and probably more dangerous ruins. He still wears the ancient medallion he first found as a kid and hasn't found out what it does or is yet; so far it seems non-magical.

Character sheet: Vali

Einhanding? Sounds like Dueling but in a different language. x3

Snake

It is, in fact, it's the dueling style I just used the norse term.  He favors a viking aesthetic; sort of like indiana jones mixed with skyrim flavor maybe XD

InoshimaLance

Oh, I forgot to ask. Snake, where does that +1 damage from all your weapons come from? You have +2 from dueling, but all your weapons deal +1 extra, why?

Snake

The axe should be 1d8+5 (+3 Str, +2 Dueling); Light Crossbow 1d8+1 (+1 Dex); and Daggers are thrown so it's +3 to hit cuz of +2 proficiency and +1 from Dex; but damage is +3 to damage cuz strength is added to it; not dex)

Chulanowa

So, we've got magic fighter, facekick fighter, Christmas Druid, and Time-Traveling Warlock elf (She... DID go to the future, right? I don't care, running with it!)

Okay guys, i'll have the setting / character thread up this evening.

Snake

Who's the magic fighter and who's the facekick fighter? XD

Chulanowa

AndyZ

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
So, we've got magic fighter, facekick fighter, Christmas Druid, and Time-Traveling Warlock elf (She... DID go to the future, right? I don't care, running with it!)

Could be into the Orb, could be into the Shadowfell, I can run with the future...I'm kinda leaving it vague because I'm not sure what's funniest.

I forgot to put personality traits on the sheets, but the Flaw is going to be "Acquisitions Incorporated has a very bad Counseling Department."

Also, the orb should probably be the Common item, might be too powerful for a trinket.

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on February 14, 2018, 04:01:16 PM
Could be into the Orb, could be into the Shadowfell, I can run with the future...I'm kinda leaving it vague because I'm not sure what's funniest.

I forgot to put personality traits on the sheets, but the Flaw is going to be "Acquisitions Incorporated has a very bad Counseling Department."

Also, the orb should probably be the Common item, might be too powerful for a trinket.

If all it's doing is acting as your spellcasting focus, then it's just a weird thing. If it actually does something besides looking neat, that would point it towards magical item territory.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 03:28:35 PM
Who's the magic fighter and who's the facekick fighter? XD

Oficially speaking as we look now, I am the only one quallifying as Magic Fighter, x3. After all I am the only one using spells now with the Magic Initiate Feat. And neither of us is (yet) an Eldricth Knight.

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 02:56:59 PM
The axe should be 1d8+5 (+3 Str, +2 Dueling); Light Crossbow 1d8+1 (+1 Dex); and Daggers are thrown so it's +3 to hit cuz of +2 proficiency and +1 from Dex; but damage is +3 to damage cuz strength is added to it; not dex)

So, I add my Ability Modifier to the damage of the weapon too? Not only the attack roll?

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 15, 2018, 06:21:25 AM
So, I add my Ability Modifier to the damage of the weapon too? Not only the attack roll?

When you attack, you use your ability modifier plus your proficiency bonus (+2 at level 1). For damage you add whatever stat you used to attack with.

When wielding a weapon with the finesse property, you can choose to use Dexterity for attack and damage rather than strength. Ranged weapons with the "ammunition" property always use dexterity, while ranged weapons with the "thrown" property use Strength (unless they are also finesse weapons, like daggers or darts are)

AndyZ

Common Magic Item: Orb of the Void.  This Orb Arcane Focus is completely black and never reflects light, though Nyssa spends far too much time staring into it for it to be truly empty.  As a bonus action, one can store the orb within their shadow, and retrieve it with another bonus action.  If its owner falls unconscious while the orb is within their shadow, the orb reappears upon the owner's shadow.

Seemed like a fun little quirk to the item without making it outright impossible to steal.

InoshimaLance

Well, Andy, Snake, Clonker and me, shall we start using the OOC Thread? x3

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 15, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Well, Andy, Snake, Clonker and me, shall we start using the OOC Thread? x3

Please do! I'm fighting off an illness at the moment so setting thread might be delayed.