News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Overlord (Firasia and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, May 21, 2008, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

The dark castle on the hill emits a sinister and eery atmosphere. Though it is daylight, the castle itself seemed to almost suck all the natural light surrounding it within its walls, giving it an illusion of being night within day. Perhaps it was the way the castle was built, perhaps the way the walls were painted, but it just did not have a welcoming air about it.

Storm clouds were gathering on the horizon, befitting since the next few hours might just determine wether the inhabitants upon this world would be facing a storm like they had never seen before, or if they will have barely dodged a bullet.

For within the castle walls was a dark overlord, one who's only goal is to conquer and destroy. To bring pain and misery, woe an death to all the inhabitants around him. His stature was impressive, huge horns sprouting from a leathery flesh-covered head, to curl over his ears and hang half down his back. Tusks jut grotesquely from the corners of his mouth, and though he walks upright on two legs, those legs were cloven-hooved. His time had come, his time was "NOW....in a dark and massive voice he screams "COME LITTLE ONE...COME TO YOUR DEATH!!"

Firasia

The phoenix stopped scaling the castle walls for a moment, turning her ear to the wind, as if she had heard something. Sitting still against the wall for a few minutes and hearing nothing, she resumed her clime up the ramparts. The sooner she was done with this mission, the sooner she could get out of this dreary place and back into the warmth of the sun.

Reaching the top, she peaked around at the towers and long ramparts, searching for guards or other sentries that would give her position away. Seeing none, Firasia lifted herself onto the stone path pf the castle wall and looked down into the courtyard. What kind of castle has no sentries, she thought to herself, not realizing she had triggered a silent alarm.

The phoenix slowly made her way along the ramparts, keeping watch for any sign of trouble. Seeing none, she pushed herself into the air and slowly glided down to the courtyard below.

Sherona

The Overlord sniffs in the air, a smile envelopes his lips displaying many rows of jagged teeth. "Ah so it is time..." He murmurs, just as the silent alarm is triggered. Standing abruptly, the flowing cape swirling around his form, his cloven hooves clomp against the tiled floors heavily.

The doors burst open to the courtyard even as the Phoenix drifts downward, a glowering beast of a being the only thing to greet the bird-like creature. "You? They sent you?" The dark being laughs, a deep growling rumble in his chest as he threw back his massive head. "I do not know if I should be insulted, or merely relieved to find it so easy."

Firasia

Gliding down towards the courtyard, the sound of the gates crashing open startled the phoenix into losing control and plummeting towards the ground. Catching the air beneath her wings just before she hits the ground, Firasia lights upon the ground and stares up at the Overlord. "......I should have picked another assignment..."

Clearing her throat slightly, she spoke up and addressed the Overlord, "Er,w ell, I think it would be a bit of both. But I have one question for you before we do battle.....Or whatever evil overlords do with the adventurers that come after them. Maybe they do tea parties? Ah well..." Crossing her arms, she gape-grinned up at him. "Fire or ice?"