*Nods at one and two, goes blank at three*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Rin

*sticks thumbs up*

Sounds good!
"Which means we're born to lose?"
"It just means we have to live to win."

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Anathanasia

*nods to Vandren*

Okay, sounds good.

I would personally prefer something troupe style, since I've had some bad experiences with sandbox games where finding a direction other than immediately into bed was all but impossible.  ;)

But I'd like to give it a go either way, lasombra or even a lasombra antitribu being my first choices (it's all about the shadow manipulation).

Whichever way everyone wants to see it happen, so long as we're using a system. Really, freeform mage vs. vampire would not go well at all...  :P
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Rin

*seconds Ana* Yes.. Plot is good. Sex is great, but a plot is important.

Elvi

Agree with plot disagree on mage v vampire not working as long as people have their characters straight and have set their own boundaries it can and does work.
You lot just need to think outside of the box.

*mumble grumble mumble* 

Rin

It depends on which box. Some are better than others, or at least hold goodies inside.

Elvi

Nothing should be kept in a box, it's dark a stuffy in a box......

Jefepato

I understand the need for plot in addition to sex, but I guess someone should ask now: I assume we're ignoring/retconning the fact that WoD vampires generally cannot, in fact, have sex normally?

Rin

Quote from: Jefepato on February 03, 2006, 11:22:39 AM
I understand the need for plot in addition to sex, but I guess someone should ask now: I assume we're ignoring/retconning the fact that WoD vampires generally cannot, in fact, have sex normally?

Thats always seemed one very stupid ruling, to me. :(

Natalie C. Barney

How about Baali?

Just Kidding!  :D

Really maybe a Tzimisce Thaumaturgist (would have to buy Thaumaturgy) she would represent the scholarly side of the clan, maybe an Old Clan Tzimisce that is a Sabbat Vampire- her Sire would be likely Old Clan (they are still Tzimisce and all and don't have to be in the True Black Hand. The clanbook even has one in it that's a Sabbat. So its not a stretch.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Rin

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: Rin on February 03, 2006, 11:26:05 AM
Thats always seemed one very stupid ruling, to me. :(

Actually, the new WoD book makes a clear statement about it. Vampires can have sex, but it's a secondary thing compared to the extasy of drinking blood. Those vamps who are in love, or those who with a hedonistic approach to life will do it, though it will be mostly a physical thing. They also are unable to produce seed, i think, but can make blood spurt out if they try hard.

Faolan

Quote from: Jefepato on February 03, 2006, 11:22:39 AM

Actually White Wolf made a specific rulling to say that Vampires can push the blood around in thier bodies anywhere they want. In other words Male vampires can in fact push blood into thier cocks to make them rigid, and as a matter of fact they can stay that way as long as they want. Female vampires unfortunatley have to use lubrication because they don't produce natural lubrication anymore, but othewise are perfectly capable of being penetrated and it still feels good and theirs no reason they couldn't have orgasms.

ZK

As well of help within feeding. They don't "orgasm" in that sense, but they still can. I forgot the name of the opperation where it makes a man unable to produce seed, so he shoots blanks. But, you get the gidst of it.

Speaking of nWoD. I was thinking of hosting one myself. Not to jack Vandren's post, I'll start another segment of my own.

Same thing applies for nWoD, just, it's a bit more detailed in nWoD instead of cut corners and changed over different editions.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elvi

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on February 03, 2006, 11:37:45 AM
As well of help within feeding. They don't "orgasm" in that sense, but they still can. I forgot the name of the opperation where it makes a man unable to produce seed, so he shoots blanks. But, you get the gidst of it.

Vasectomy

Jefepato

You could always play a Tzimisce koldun, Natalie.

Koldunic Sorcery is incredibly mean (never, ever piss off a koldun with most of the Earth path), but interesting.

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on February 03, 2006, 10:42:28 AM
*Nods at one and two, goes blank at three*

Three's got a better explaination typed up in my Word/PDF file.  :)

Quote from: MuseSo can I play Kumiko?

Probably. :)

Quote from: AnaBut I'd like to give it a go either way, lasombra or even a lasombra antitribu being my first choices (it's all about the shadow manipulation).

Whichever way everyone wants to see it happen, so long as we're using a system. Really, freeform mage vs. vampire would not go well at all..

At least a few Lasombra'll be around.  I've seen freeform WoD work well, but the GM needs to be on guard.  :)

Quote from: JefepatoI understand the need for plot in addition to sex, but I guess someone should ask now: I assume we're ignoring/retconning the fact that WoD vampires generally cannot, in fact, have sex normally?

The way I've commonly seen this gotten around in Adult WoD games is that WoD does allso for storage of blood in various parts of the body.  So, this causes no problems for male Kindred.  Afterall, an erection is caused by blood flowing into certain veins/tissues.  For females, it's another story.

Faolan and CG hit those points though.  :)  Side note . . . I think I'd count "ejaculated" vitae as a feeding for the purposes of Ghouling and Blood Bonds.

Quote from: NatalieHow about Baali?

Just Kidding!  Cheesy

Really maybe a Tzimisce Thaumaturgist (would have to buy Thaumaturgy) she would represent the scholarly side of the clan, maybe an Old Clan Tzimisce

Baali?  Extinct.  :)  Old Clan Tzimisce, I'd planned on banning, but given a good enough background/concept/story, I might be talked into allowing one.

That does bring up one of my other, minor, house rules, though.  :)  Typically, I say that in order to start play with a non-clan discipline, the Kindred has to be at least an Ancilla (no Neonates or Childer can start play with non-clan disciplines unless they were acquired as a ghoul, they're just not experienced enough yet).  I also generally rule that the character has to have at least 1 dot in all three clan disciplines first and that the level of a non-clan discipline cannot exceed the highest clan discipline (Gangrel - Animalism 2, Fortitude 3, Protean 1 can't go above 3 in a non-clan discipline).  As with most things, I'm willing to consider exceptions if there's a good IC reason.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vandren

Oh, and now that I've completely lost track of this thread . . . how many takers are there for the WoD game, with system intact?  How many for the WoD without system?

And finally, how many for troupe-style, how many for "sandbox" style?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Jefepato

WoD, with system intact.

I'd be interested in troupe-style, but if we're all playing wildly different things that could be tough.  If we can make it work, though...

Elvi

I think I'm ambling off out of this one, I'm lost and the game hasn't even started.

Anathanasia

WoD, with system. I would prefer troupe, but I'd be okay with a sandbox too.

I think a troupe can work...possibly under this setting even wildly different characters could work, as an assembled group of troubleshooters, each appointed by a respective elder kind of figure?

On the vampires and sex...just take the baby-face merit? With my groups here, we always played with it extending to sexual fluids as well (not to any kind of maby making, of course), and vampires with baby face can even drool in their sleep and get BO, though. Kind of double edged that way. Yeah, your body has a natural temperature and you seem to breathe (but don't need to, so you can hold your breath indefinately) and can have sex, but you also sweat, stink and get oily if you dont shower, just like a mortal. Like the body didn't quite die.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Natalie C. Barney

Then I likely will do a Caitiff they may be Vampire white trash but have advantages no one looks to them to do anything and they have no Clan disciplines- some are off limits like serious levels of Thaumaturgy as that takes training and the odd ones but still there are options. Likely after she saw too many Vampire movies would have learned:

Fortitude (everyone knows vampires are hard to hurt)
Potence (ditto- the can kick ass)
Dominate (ditto- she saw Dracula and all they all can mind fuck mortals)

Unless she saw other movies like Vicissitude (Dusk Til Dawn- and her Sire might have been infected with it but most Vampires appear to be freaks), Celerity (Underworld) and Animalism (Dracula could control that wolf...). Not to mention Fright Night (claws and red eyes, shapeshifting) and other movies. She could get all kinds of ideas. In some cult movies they even do magic if she had an occult background and practiced alot- well the Tremere learned their art using their Vampiric blood there is no reason minor skills couldn't be formed with a good background. Of course ones not in movies or books are different. In a movie called Crypts they had a Vampire voodoo queen.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

I prefer system and troupe. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

A Caitiff would be happy having vampires in Clans willing to talk to her.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney