News:

Main Menu

For the fanboys/girls

Started by Lilias, December 02, 2010, 03:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

The ultimate celebrity death-match, I wonder?

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Xanatos

As much as I like Harry Potter, the total number of movies is irrelevant in the case of Voldemort because the original three Star Wars shall forever be more epic than Potter. Voldemort was also a minor character the first half of the eight movies anyways, didn't even show up in Prisoner of Azkaban if memory serves me correct. While Vader/Anakin was a main character in all six!

Darth Vader didn't blow up Alderaan! Grand Moff Tarkin did -face palms- Whoever made this is not a Star Wars fan. Vader single handedly killed dozens of Jedi and ordered the deaths of countless billions of inhabitants throughout the galaxy. Voldemort can't come close to touching  that; not even by a Parsec.

Voldemort didn't kill Robert Pattinson! Wormtail did! Wormtail just stole cool points. Burn...

While I agree that Avada Kedavra is cool, Force Choke has more style behind it. You get to watch your victim die slowly while they can do nothing to resist. It allows for savoring of the moment.

Vader is way cooler!

/end nerd rant

The Golden Touch

You could also count the television shows and end up with more Kudos anyways. >>;  And there are far more Star Wars books than there are Harry Potter.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Oniya

Quote from: Xanatos on December 04, 2010, 02:38:15 AM
Darth Vader didn't blow up Alderaan! Grand Moff Tarkin did -face palms- Whoever made this is not a Star Wars fan. Vader single handedly killed dozens of Jedi and ordered the deaths of countless billions of inhabitants throughout the galaxy. Voldemort can't come close to touching  that; not even by a Parsec.
/end nerd rant

I'm still not sure that killing one person - even if it did result in him becoming a sparkly vampire - rises to the level of millions of voices crying out in terror, and then silence.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Wait, killing Robert Patterson is an evil deed?

Oniya

Voldemort killed Cedric before Robert Patterson became Edward.  In order to become a vampire, you have to die first.  So yes, killing him was evil.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on December 05, 2010, 09:14:06 PM
Voldemort killed Cedric before Robert Patterson became Edward.  In order to become a vampire, you have to die first.  So yes, killing him was evil.

I knew I loved you for a reason ♥

Jag

I googled 'Vader vs. Voldemort' and found someone that typed this up on a forum:

QuoteVader quickly raises his left hand and force chokes Voldemort while executing a lightning fast flick with his right to send his Lightsaber flipping through the air. The crimson light of the blade whirls through the night, spilling its bloodshine across the ground as it speeds towards it's target. Recognising the danger, Voldemort hastily extends his wand and with the last ounce of his strength, forces wind through his rapidly decreasing larynx.

"Avara Kedavra"

The blast hits Vader directly in the torso and the terrifying sound of his electrically assisted breathing is suddenly cut off. The silence following this shattering developement is almost tangible and seems to weigh heavily on those present as they watch the Dark Lord of the Sith slowly fall forward onto his knees. Yet, even kneeling in defeat, his ravaged body dead in the heartbeat that the curse slammed into him, the twin reflective black pools, set as eyes within the helmet that struck fear into an infinite number of souls on countless worlds, display one final moment forever imprinted on those who witnessed it.

As gravity finally claims the ruined husk of the man that had once been a prodigious child pilot, a frustrated and misunderstood padawan, a roguish and cunning Jedi Knight and an altogether vicious and merciless Lord of the Sith. It is not the sight of the final fall this man is making, it is not the way that time seems to have slowed as the once overwhelming body now topples forward onto the ground, to lie still forever. No, the image that will forever be burned into the minds of all present is this.

For the vision displayed for only that short period of time, is the reflection of Lord Voldemort, his proud, haughtly yet slightly reptilian face is a study of shock. For lying, now discarded in the grass behind the wizard, is the hilt of a deactivated lightsaber.

With an almost inaudible sigh, the being that was once Tom Marvolo Riddle, heir of Salazar Slytherin, and commonly known to all as Lord Voldemort, slowly sags and then splits along a seam that stretches from his left shoulder to his right hip. These two halves of what was once whole seem to almost crumple like a house of cards that has lost its support.

For even before the Dark Lord of the Sith had begun his final fall from grace towards an unforgiving and uncaring ground. Those twin portals of darkness had already bore mute testimony to the death of his final enemy.

Without a single word being spoken, those that were present, and bore witness to such a battle of titanic proportions, turned away as one. Almost reverently they departed the site of this final battle of Dark Lords. Neither caring to paw over the remains of the dead or to view any further the two motionless forms, of what were once the most feared beings in the galaxy. Instead trusting to nature, to the wild, to slowly reclaim and forever hide within its lush foliage all evidence of the events of this night.

Source

...I liked it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment