Sharn PD (Eberron; Pathfinder; Recruiting)

Started by Dakkon, February 08, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloe Milev

Hmm, if I'm allowed to made Diplomacy checks to gather information on everyone's crippling weaknesses and pressure points, sure.  Otherwise, I don't think my +2 to shoot a bow is going to be worth too much.  Maybe I can run away long enough to get warrants out for everyone's arrest.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

ManyMindsManyVoices

I was talking about the players... *Grabs knife*
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Anon315

*stealthily replaces Ryuka Tana's knife with some lit ordnance*

Anon315

I have two ideas. They will take form and shape here in the next few hours.

Nestor d'Phiarlan
Nestor d'Phiarlan
Coroner and Forensic Investigator
Background: Nestor was born to the proud House of Phiarlan, dragonmarked lords of some standing within Sharn. Nestor, however, always stood out quite a bit. Not in a positive light, either. He had a certain fascination with death and the dead, the lifespan of the lesser mortal races a constant interest and scholarly pursuit. How odd must it be to live only decades? To die violently even sooner, an outright crime and thus necessitating further study. It was his life goal to become a master of the art of life and death, that from the shadows that are his House's demesne, he might influence subtly the greater workings of the world through a carefully placed tincture or tonic. Such unbecoming behavior landed him squarely in his House's crosshairs. To meet their expectations of service, he entered into a work arrangement with the Sharn police, finding mysterious causes of death and occasionally investigating suspicious acts and bring the truth to light.

Character Sheet
Nestor d'Phiarlan
Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 2
N Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 16 (2d8)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 bonus vs. poison
Immune magic sleep; Resist poison resistance
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +4 (1d4/19-20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) Spells Prepared (CL 2nd; concentration +5):
1st—ant haul (DC 14), shield (x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats Brew Potion, Throw Anything, Weapon Finesse
Traits coroner, forlorn
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8 (+10 to create alchemical items), Disable Device +10, Heal +7, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (nature) +9, Perception +8, Spellcraft +8 (+10 to determine the properties of a magic item), Use Magic Device +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, alchemy
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan
SQ discoveries (bleeding attack), elven magic, weapon familiarity, mutagen, poison use, fast poisoning
Combat Gear mutagen, wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear leather armor, dagger, alchemy crafting kit, backpack, masterwork, manacles, thieves' tools, masterwork, 48 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Alchemy +2 (Su) +2 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Bleeding Attack +1 (Ex) Sneak attacks also deal 1 bleed damage/round.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mutagen (DC 14) (Su) Mutagen adds +4 to a physical & -2 to a mental attribute, and +2 nat. armor for 20 min.
Poison Resistance +2 (Ex) +2 to save vs. Poison.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Poisoning (Standard Action) (Ex) Normal: Apply poison to a weapon as a standard action.
Sneak Attack +1d6 +1d6 damage if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.

Second one still coming. Stupid sheet decided after 2 hours of work to not save. Blargh. It uses a class from the Advanced Psionics Guide (also by Dreamscarred).

Brekkin Softpaw
Brekkin Softpaw
Sniper, Tracker, and Fluffy Cuddler
Sheet
Background: Brekkin was the runt of the proverbial (or perhaps literal) litter, gaining the name softpaw because even among his brethren he was light on his feet and small. In the aftermath of the war, his tribe was massacred. He, being so small, was left to fend for himself, which he did. In time he learned, by watching from the trees, how to whittle a bow and fletch arrows. When survival was on the line, there was instilled in him the most basic desire of all, for life. He learned how to hunt small game, how to land the difficult shot, and over time his mind, with no need for such minor concerns as language, became as honed as his arrows. It learned to focus on the kill and how better to shoot.

The wild boy could not live forever in the wilds, as with the ending of the war and peace covering the land, actual hunters would come for the game he relied on to survive. Some part of him even considered hunting these men for use as food, but a rational portion of him somewhere in the back of his mind knew that it would be wrong to kill a thinking being such as these. He approached them, weapon drawn in warning, but could not ask them to leave. Being of a mind not to kill them, they had no such qualms regarding him. Thinking him a beast, a lycanthrope or some such with a bow trained on them, the hunters shot him without second thought, only to discover their mistake too late.

When he awoke he was in town, recuperating. Having no family, he was intended to be sent to the orphanage, but no one there could handle him. It was then that the commander of the canine unit brought some of his troops in, this being where the skinwalkers generally served. They spoke to him in the language of the woods, the grunts and yips of his wolven kin, and all other manner of speech which was not speech. In time, they got him to understand a bit of spoken speech, and from then on it was easy enough to train him. His aptitude with a bow earned him a spot guarding the walls at first, though eventually they found his nose more adept at tracking and his bow more skilled a shot than most of the humans on the force. They called him 'bloodhound', and when in his human form he passed for almost Elven. Despite all this, he does not do well among other humans finding them odd. It's uncertain to him why they keep calling him odd words, his grasp on the language still coming into its own. They call him the word "cute" a lot, he thinks it alludes to his size. The women especially enjoy touching him, why do they touch him? It is a mystery, at least to him.

Dakkon

Quote from: Anon315 on February 21, 2014, 07:04:30 PM
I have two ideas. They will take form and shape here in the next few hours.

Nestor d'Phiarlan
Nestor d'Phiarlan
Coroner and Forensic Investigator
Background: Nestor was born to the proud House of Phiarlan, dragonmarked lords of some standing within Sharn. Nestor, however, always stood out quite a bit. Not in a positive light, either. He had a certain fascination with death and the dead, the lifespan of the lesser mortal races a constant interest and scholarly pursuit. How odd must it be to live only decades? To die violently even sooner, an outright crime and thus necessitating further study. It was his life goal to become a master of the art of life and death, that from the shadows that are his House's demesne, he might influence subtly the greater workings of the world through a carefully placed tincture or tonic. Such unbecoming behavior landed him squarely in his House's crosshairs. To meet their expectations of service, he entered into a work arrangement with the Sharn police, finding mysterious causes of death and occasionally investigating suspicious acts and bring the truth to light.

Character Sheet
Nestor d'Phiarlan
Elf Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 2
N Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 16 (2d8)
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 bonus vs. poison
Immune magic sleep; Resist poison resistance
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +4 (1d4/19-20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) Spells Prepared (CL 2nd; concentration +5):
1st—ant haul (DC 14), shield (x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats Brew Potion, Throw Anything, Weapon Finesse
Traits coroner, forlorn
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8 (+10 to create alchemical items), Disable Device +10, Heal +7, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (nature) +9, Perception +8, Spellcraft +8 (+10 to determine the properties of a magic item), Use Magic Device +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, alchemy
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Orc, Sylvan
SQ discoveries (bleeding attack), elven magic, weapon familiarity, mutagen, poison use, fast poisoning
Combat Gear mutagen, wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear leather armor, dagger, alchemy crafting kit, backpack, masterwork, manacles, thieves' tools, masterwork, 48 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Alchemy +2 (Su) +2 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Bleeding Attack +1 (Ex) Sneak attacks also deal 1 bleed damage/round.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mutagen (DC 14) (Su) Mutagen adds +4 to a physical & -2 to a mental attribute, and +2 nat. armor for 20 min.
Poison Resistance +2 (Ex) +2 to save vs. Poison.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Poisoning (Standard Action) (Ex) Normal: Apply poison to a weapon as a standard action.
Sneak Attack +1d6 +1d6 damage if you flank your target or your target is flat-footed.

Second one still coming. Stupid sheet decided after 2 hours of work to not save. Blargh.

Very cool! This might be an interesting read for you if you haven't seen it already.

Everyone: Two a half hours left! Can you handle the pressure?  ;D

ManyMindsManyVoices

Nuuuu... I'm drifting off to sleep... I must know nao!

Or when I wake up is also okay.

Either way, good luck to everyone.

Anon315

Well, done. With an hour and change to go.

Muse

*Crosses his fingers* 
Oh I wish I might... 

Oh i wish I may... 

Have this be... 

My lucky day! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Anon315

Counting down. 5 minutes.

EDIT: 30 seconds. *hits refresh only 20 more times*

Dakkon

Okay, here we go! I’ll need a bit of time to get the game and OCC threads set up, but we can start getting acquainted in this thread. I’d first just like to say first that the quality of applications was very high. Every single person who applied ended up on a possible party list at some point today, and I made many of them before finally settling. You should all be very proud of yourselves and I wish I had the time to run two copies of this game! But without further adieu, here is the final group!

Alezae (LN Female Human Inquisitor - played by Thorne)

Shard (LN Warforged Soulknife - played by Ryuka Tana)

Nestor (N Male Elf - played by Anon315)

Rinda (CG Female Human Witch - played by Muse)

If you don’t have a picture for your character yet, could you please find one that’s close so I can use it as a profile on our maps. Good job everyone!

OCC is up.

Please post your character sheets there and give everyone a chance to post their's before we start the chatter.

Dakkon

ManyMindsManyVoices

YAY! I'm sorry for those who didn't get in. I would've have liked t play alongside Chloe and Ghostwheel (not necessarily more or less than the people who I am playing alongside, and notably, I remember their characters better than those who applied later in the thread). Good luck with your future games, guys.

Muse

*waves*  good luck next round to those who didn't get in. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone

Man, now I'm just sad. Decided to check if there were any psi-friendly PF games recruiting, and it turns out I missed one less than a day?