Looking for mech based games.

Started by Baalborn87, April 01, 2013, 04:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

Like the title says. I'm interested in joining a mech based game as a pilot  C:). Be it gundam esque or even guilty gear. If you need to fill a space or you know one that needs filling (quit snickering at the back!). Let me know  :-)

Wargtass

Weeeeell...  ::)

It's closed at the moment, but I have had some suspected player drops recently so there will be spots opening up soon. BattleTech is not as much a Mecha-game though, it keeps away from the common anime/manga tropes of that genre and has a more west-style setting.
O/O

Baalborn87

Thanks. You meaning steampunkish? If you have any info you could send, I'd be much appreciated

Wargtass

No, sci-fi. Interstellar warfare and all that, except fought with large BattleMechs. The stars are divided between several noble houses that have built up nations around them with their own distinct cultural differences. All from the very anglo-french Davions of the Federated Suns to the conservative bushido clans of House Kurita and the Draconis Combine. Besides the five grand houses there are the Periphery States, independent either through fierce resistance or just inaccessibility, the Free Rasalhague Republic, a newly created democracy and of course ComStar, mega-corporation mixed with mystical religious doctrines à lá Adeptus Mechanicus, except here they own and maintain the only means of interstellar communications, so they got the Navigator thing going for them as well. The most numerous 'Mech-forces are usually employed in Mercenary companies though, one of which is the central players of the game I am running. And then of course there is the Clans, but that is an whole other story that isn't very much covered in our game as of yet. This is very much the abridged version of the whole thing and you can read more and just browse 'Mechs and stuff on Sarna-wiki.

It might be that you are more familiar with BattleTech under the MechWarrior-franchise.

Hope a cleared that cluster-tuck of a franchise up enough for you to be interested in learning more.  ;D
O/O

Baalborn87