Interest Chec - Firefly? The Dresden File? Any Combination thereof?

Started by Older And Wiser, December 14, 2009, 11:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older And Wiser

Just looking to see if there was any interest in these areas.

Firefly...
I am not much of a TV person but I got turned on to Firefly and loved it.  There are a number of ways I could see that going. Perhaps a visit back to earth that was to see what happened/search for treasure/ look for survivors?  Or  perhaps the crew runs into actual aliens?

Dresden Files...
I think a good percentage of folk on this forum would love these books if you have not found them already.  Imagine Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogarts character in The Maltese Falcon ) as a graduate of Hogwarts.  I was thinking some adventures involving the White Court vampires here wold be very... stimulating.

Combination
The wizards, witches, vampires and other Dresden file folk all had to leave Earth that was with everyone else, right?  How do they fit into the new world, the Alliance, the Revers, etc...

ladyelizabeth

The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

sinera

Here's another vote for Firefly - I was recently turned on to it by friends, and absolutely love it!

O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Tad

Just to join in... Firefly too please.  Are you sticking with the original cast?  If so, I'd be interested in either Kaylee or River.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

sinera

My personal preference would be to go non-canon, although with the series aborted mid-season there's Soooo many places you could go with it.

Although playing Mal does appeal *grin*
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Craz

And I'd love either. BIG Dresden fan here.

Oh, and if we do canon Firefly, I want dibs on Simon.  8-)

DarkDaemon

There's another game involving firefly I'm going to be in, so no on that-
but a big YES to Dresden. One of my favorite book series, and it seems excellent material for this forum, even without the White Court vamps. One of the things I liked about DF was that they acknowledged that, yes, sex exists. Yes, it feels good, and most people want it. No, its not the most important thing.
I will have limited access 12/22 through 1/1.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Older And Wiser

so the women all want Firefly and the guys want Dresden... decisions decisions  ;D  Actually I would not mind running one and participating in the other, if someone wants to volunteer one way or the other.

I don't think I am in favor of being canonical.  I simply do not have a memory fo that level of detail.

What do you all think?

sinera

I haven't read the Dresden Files, so I'll have to take a miss on that one... I might be interested in running a FF game in the near future. I'm still coming to some decisions on running games.

DarkDaemon

...Just realized the gender gap. I kinda want to know why that is- I certainly enjoy both series, but would like to play Dresden Files more.

Is it the protagonists- more female protagonists in Firefly? Fascinating.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

sinera

DarkDaemon

Well, as posted by Older and Wiser, the ladies have tended towards Firefly, while the gents have touted Dresden Files. I am merely curious as to why. I'm an inquisitive person. There certainly does not need to be an explanation, but I do believe there is one, and would like to know it.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

ladyelizabeth

i don't know anything about dresden, but fell in love with Firefly :)
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

Older And Wiser

Dark are you interested in running the Dresden files game adn I can take the Firefly game?

DarkDaemon

Hoo boy... Ok, I'll see what I can do. In that case some stuff we (I and anyone playing) need to know:
Rules/no rules?
Setting?
Types/power level of characters?

Anyone interested, reply with your ideas/answers to the above.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

sinera

Ah. Well, in my case, it's simply because I haven't read the Dresden Files.

Older And Wiser

I'll start a seperate thread for a Dresden files discussion and a Firefly discussion.  My time on here will be limited over the next two weeks with holidays then going skiing, so I think we'll be more in ernest after the new year starts