Code-Highlighting Error?

Started by King Serperior, April 25, 2017, 06:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Okay, this is something I've noticed a couple of days ago and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is:

Example Code

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]IMG URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]  [url=CHARACTER SHEET LINK HERE]INSERT NAME[/url]
[b]Current Dress:[/b]  [i]What is the character currently wearing?[/i]
[b]Arms:[/b]  [i]Weapons on person[/i]
[b]Other:[/b]  [i]Other details of note.[/i]
[hr]

I can create a code for character sheets and the like just fine, but my problem stems from my sudden inability to highlight the code when pressing the 'Select' option right beside the uppermost 'code.'

I used to be able to simply click 'select' and the entire code was highlight for easy copy & paste.  Now, when I click on the code, nothing happens.  I have to manually highlight the entire thing from top to bottom in order to get everything.

Is anyone else having this problem?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RampantDesires

Name:  INSERT NAME
Current Dress:  What is the character currently wearing?
Arms:  Weapons on person
Other:  Other details of note.

Hummm the select link/button whatever it is works fine for me O.o

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

King Serperior

Just noticed that when I hover the cursor over the '[select]' button, there's a little note in the bottom left corner of my screen that says:

javascript:void(0);

^ NO clue what that means though.  :/

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Oniya

It didn't work for me either.  What browsers are people using?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ket

It doesn't work for me. I use Chrome.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

RampantDesires

.. it does work for me, 'm on Chrome.  *is super unhelpful*

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RedPhoenix

Yeah works just fine on Chrome.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

King Serperior

Quote from: Oniya on April 25, 2017, 08:18:01 PM
It didn't work for me either.  What browsers are people using?
I'm using Firefox.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Oniya

I know there was an update recently, and Firefox has gone twitchy with supporting Java plugins, which could be another factor (based on your hovering.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

King Serperior

True, that might be the case.  I mean, I can still just copy it manually if I need to, but it's just odd that it was working up until a few days ago.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Lexandria

I'm on firefox and it works for me...

Vekseid

Works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. It's a pretty basic JS function.

If you have JS restricted/hampered for some reason, it won't work, however. Check you extensions?

King Serperior

The only extension I have is Adblock Plus for Firefox.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ket

Quote from: Vekseid on April 25, 2017, 10:37:59 PM
Works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. It's a pretty basic JS function.

If you have JS restricted/hampered for some reason, it won't work, however. Check you extensions?

AdBlockPlus, which is disabled for E
Avira
Copy Link Address
Lazarus
Tampermonkey
Tineye reverse image search
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Vekseid

By check I mean disable them and enable one by one. >_>

Also, switch out Adblock for Ublock Origin.

Ket

I listed them in case you knew if maybe a particular one could be the problem. I will fidget with them.

eta: Copy Link Address is the issue on my end. It's a helper tool I use for work, along with AHKs, so I'll just have to remember to use hotkeys to copy code and not get all frustrated because it deselects. (needs an entire two more rows on her keyboard just for AHKs)

Oniya

Is it likely that AdBlock would cause this problem, through some sort of update?  I only ask because it seems to be the only thing that all three of us share.  I also use Lazarus, but King doesn't.  I'd been poking at Ublock but hadn't made the switch-over yet.

Actually, never mind - I don't see AdBlock on my extensions any more.

King Serperior

Quote from: Oniya on April 26, 2017, 11:43:46 AM
Is it likely that AdBlock would cause this problem, through some sort of update?  I only ask because it seems to be the only thing that all three of us share.  I also use Lazarus, but King doesn't.  I'd been poking at Ublock but hadn't made the switch-over yet.

Actually, never mind - I don't see AdBlock on my extensions any more.
I also use Lazarus and have been using it for a little over a year now.  However, Lazarus never gave me problems before, so I doubt that is it.  :/

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gypsy

I just installed the most recent Firefox update today.  Prior to this, the 'select' for code was working fine.  Now it's not.

That's the only change I have made ... and I expect that Firefox will eventually fix in another update, but just thought I'd add that to the mix. :-)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹