Searching for a Myth Lord and Captain of the Guard (2)!!!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, November 14, 2009, 01:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Crimson Fortune is an Asian themed game set in ancient times (feudal era) that is comprised of three different 'races'. These would be the Myths (100% Mythological Creatures - Preferably from Asian Culture although I will consider others), the Mixed (1/2 Human, 1/2 Myth), and the Humans (100% Human). There are three 'houses' that are ruled by each 'race', the Myth House, the Mixed House, and the Human House. The very basic history/storyline that the game is starting off with is:

The Myths, who are long lived as well as powerful, grew bored over time and a few decided to partake of human livelihood. Disguised as a human, these Myths mingled with the Humans and some fell in love. Thus the Mixed came to be as more of these halfbreed offspring were born. The Humans did not take kindly to the Myths 'invading' their world and drove them away. The two races (Myth and Human) waged war, many humans died while few myths perished. Eventually, the Mixed stood and made peace. Being of Mixed descent they were able to speak for both sides equally and the three houses were established. During the most recent monthly meeting between the three houses, a human representative highly insulted one of the myths and the myth retaliated by killing said human. Now, the unsteady relationship between the houses threatens to snap and break apart.

That was an extremely brief summary and if you'd like more detail please read the original recruitment thread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We have recently lost our Myth Lord to reality and its circumstances. While it's sad, I think it's something that happens quite often. Since he does not know when he'll be back, he has decided to step out of the game completely. At the moment, I am NPCing his character however it would be great if someone were to take over the position instead. Since the Myth Lord I'm NPCing is basically the original character that had been created by the last player, if anyone is interested in this position then please discuss over PMs what you would like to do. Would you like to continue trying to play the pre-made character? Or create your own? Since the Myth Lord has already made a few posts (but not so many that it'd be impossible to fix) it'd be best to give the Myth House Thread a quick read.

The Myth Lord is one of the three Lords. He is the Head of the Myth House and basically on the top of that pyramid. Preferably a Celestial Dragon (due to wanting to stick to mythology and its story), his Lady is the Phoenix and unlike the other houses they view each other as equals. So in a way, the top of this pyramid is shared between them. To get a better grasp of their relationship and the other characters please peruse the profile thread.

The Captain of the Guard is basically the one in charge of an elite group of soldiers. Their job is solely to protect the Lord and Lady of the house. While there is indeed another Captain, the other Captain is in charge of the overall military while the Captain of the Guard oversees the safety of the Lord and Lady...sort of like internal protection/defenses? Also, the Guard is only consisted of a much smaller fraction of soldiers when compared to the much larger regular military force. The two Captains are both the same rank in the house although they are in charge of completely different aspects. This may lead to a bit of tension between them, maybe the Captain of the Military feels like the Captain of the Guard doesn't do very much and looks down on them? Or vice versa? Etc, who knows? Or, it can be the opposite where they work quite well together...it's all a matter of how the player wants to play it out. =)

If anyone is interested in these positions and would like to see who they will be interacting with the profile thread for the game can be found here. Or if there are any questions that need clarification feel free to ask here or to PM me about it. ^^

For those who would like to apply for these positions please either post here or PM me and we can talk over the details. =) Of course, going over the specifics with other players whose characters will be interacting with yours would also be ideal.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

-Looks around the empty room and sighs-

No one? No one wants to be a lovely Mistress?

An enchanting seductress that has managed to obtain a seat of luxury in the lap of a Lord?

Someone who is hopefully clever enough to escape the angry and jealous claws of the Lady?

<.<....>.>....?

-waits and hopes for some sort of response that indicates life-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Updated with more positions and its details!!!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Just one lady and one mistress position left open!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

The Dark Raven

I would be interested in the Lord's companion.  I love the idea of the competition with the Lady.  What do I need to do?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray ^^ I will PM you shortly and we can discuss it in detail =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kizurin

Hmm... Is there any position open or all are taken?

*is interested in taking part of this*
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

xiin

Quote from: Kizurin on November 22, 2009, 04:38:13 PM
Hmm... Is there any position open or all are taken?

*is interested in taking part of this*

i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the positions listed were still open. :]
love me?

Kizurin

Thank you for replying Xiin

*is in middle of getting approved*
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

xiin

ah, oops then ;D
may i ask what you're going for?
love me?

Esoteric Myobi

The Mistress positions are now filled.

The Adviser position is also filled.

New position available and still looking for a Lady.

Thanks to all the people who expressed interest by the way! ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

The Dark Raven

I could try the Lady, if you still need her?  (I know I had queried about the mistress earlier, but the Lady could be as much a challenge as the mistress).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Esoteric Myobi

The lady is still open and needed =)

Feel free to PM me with questions. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

New position available! The spot of the Myth Lord comes with a few kinks that need to be worked out so if you're interested please shoot me a PM to discuss it in detail!

Still searching for Captains of the Guard as well! ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~