Up for Another Adventure

Started by TheSamm, August 25, 2017, 11:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSamm

Hey! My name is Samm and I'm no longer that new here, haha. I'm posting here because I still have a little free time, so I'd like to pick up another plot if anybody's up for it. I have a few ideas in mind.

◇ I've been craving something with superheroes. In a group, it could be heroes versus villains or a few heroes fighting over territory and learning to work together. In a one-on-one scenario, it could be a hero vs. villain or two heroes (or more, depending on how many each of us is comfortable playing) either as part of a team or in competition for turf.

♧ I'm always up for high fantasy, or anything Tolkien-esque. I'm a fan of the ragtag-band-of-heroes and I love anything with elves, dragons, etc. I love saving the world from the Big Bad, solving mysteries, investigating dark magic cults, etc. I may play 2 characters in a group if it's a small group, or more if it's a one-on-one, but I won't require you to do the same as long as the story gels.

♡ I'm sort of craving an M/M romance, but I'm more open to ideas on that. I prefer to play more submissive characters, but as this is a non-adult request thread I'm not going to make any such requests. If you wanna go any further than that, please PM me.

If you need to know more about my play style and preferences, you can click the banner in my sig to be redirected to my O/O page. You can visit {this} thread for an example of my writing--assuming you're not new. If you're new or tl;dr, see below:

Highlights
• I post a minimum of once per day. I won't allow myself to become too inundated to do that.
• I post a minimum of two paragraphs, barring the occasional exception for dialogue.
• I prefer to roleplay in a thread. I'm trying to clean out my email inbox.
• I strongly prefer to play male characters, but I may play female under the right circumstances.
• While I am able to lead a roleplay, I do not mind being led.
• I am obsessed with world building and character development.
• I love to chat! Feel free to hit me up while you're waiting for a reply. I'm a gamer, a writer, and a craftsman so there's plenty to talk about.
• I'm not a huge fan of face claims and I prefer in-post text descriptions like a novel, but I might use them at my partner's request.
• I won't play animals, but I may play anthros or animals given that they are humanoid or possess a humanoid form.

If you're interested feel free to send me a message or respond here. Thanks for the interesr.
INFJ

Bernardo Hoagie

I've been wanting to play a superhero with a power to make anyone he looks at become extremely afraid, so I'm up for a Supers RP

TheSamm

Hey, provided you can come up with some reasonable limits to that power I'd be interested. I was thinking about playing an "augmented hero" with a suit that lets him collect and redistribute kinetic energy, so he can take falls at certain speeds (as long as he doesn't fall on his head, for obvious reasons) and deliver surprisingly powerful punches for his size.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

Samm, hi! I'm Poppy, totally new to E and all it's wonders; it's a pleasure to met you! I was wondering if your'e still in search of new people to RP with? Generally I prefer one x one, and I am totally comfortable with playing more than one character! When romance is involved, I am most accustomed to playing what I know best, mxf, however, since we may have more than one set of characters, I'd be open to giving a go at that mxm you're looking for if we tie in some romance into the bigger, badder plot!

Speaking of plot, did you have any you were dying to write? Feeling medieval, fantasy-touched rp myself! If you don't have any budding ideas, I can stir one or two up, for sure!

TheSamm

Quote from: PoppyLynn on August 30, 2017, 03:36:15 PM
Samm, hi! I'm Poppy, totally new to E and all it's wonders; it's a pleasure to met you! I was wondering if your'e still in search of new people to RP with? Generally I prefer one x one, and I am totally comfortable with playing more than one character! When romance is involved, I am most accustomed to playing what I know best, mxf, however, since we may have more than one set of characters, I'd be open to giving a go at that mxm you're looking for if we tie in some romance into the bigger, badder plot!

Speaking of plot, did you have any you were dying to write? Feeling medieval, fantasy-touched rp myself! If you don't have any budding ideas, I can stir one or two up, for sure!

Hey Poppy, nice to meet you and welcome! And yes, this is an open invitation haha.

I don't mind mxf pairings at all. I love to include romance in a plot, even when there are multiple characters involved. And I love playing multiple characters.

As for specific ideas, I don't really have any at the moment. I usually just kind of pitch something simple and build ideas from there, but by all means, stir away. I'm always up for fantasy. :)
INFJ

PoppyLynn

Samm, yes! You're still accepting new faces to write with!

I'm a sucker for romance, too. Having it laced into a plot can only better it; it can be used as a driving force, hindrance, and so forth as well as just being absolute fun to write. I'm happy to hear you don't mind mxf pairings! But like I said, since we are both are fans of having a slew of characters, I can give mxm a whirl as well as mxf pairings! Be warned, though, being a girl and all, my guys may not always be spot on, but I try my best!

Broad ideas always help spark ideas in me, so by all means, throw some out if you have them! These are the random two ideas that popped out at me first, but I'm sure I can think up more if you aren't feeling any of them! These ideas are very, very flexible and underdeveloped, leaving us plenty of wiggle and working room!

---

Idea 1)

You wake up, sight blurred as you blink against the dim glow of candlelight. What happened…?/ The thought crackled in the back of your mind, embers beaconing for answers, but through the haze clouding your thoughts, you fail to put thought into solving that little question. Instead, you rely on muscle memory, getting the ragged blanket you’d been covered in off the rest of the way as you worked get draped your legs off the edge of the bed. Bare toes touching a dirt floor, you hesitate for a moment, a dizziness overcoming you from the sudden motions.

Steadied enough, you test the waters, standing to your feet and walking towards a vertical line of light, to the entrance of the tent-like hut you were in. Throwing the cloth aside, the Sun’s rays consume you, causing your sensitive eyes to squint and hand go to block what brightness it could. Stepping out, the embers in the back of your mind were finally burning hot enough for you to feel and see. What happened? Where am I?

The immediate questions fogged the the bigger question, still, a question you never even thought to ask but have no answer for. Your memory, it’s gone. You don’t know who you are, where you are, and most importantly, you have no idea what’s happened.  But you’ll figure it out, you always do, don’t you?

Thoughts, the land is in the midst of a war of sorts, pure chaos having consumed near everything. The former royal family has very recently been overthrown, the new throne making some very serious changes.

I have some ideas for the characters, but I’d rather not restrict anything with my thoughts. It’ll def turn into a rag-tag sort of adventure XD.

---

Idea 2 )

There exists a group of soldiers referred to as Paladins, warriors who fend off the dark and evil in the world. They are the elites, the best of the best, they have to be to fight off the demons that have started to seep through cracks sprouting up across the lands. With the rise of more and more demons, the Paladins numbers are dwindling faster than their tedious recruiting process can pull in and train new members. They are forced to resort to less in-depth recruiting, taking the lump-some of the crops rather than the best.

They throw the fresh-meat in with an experienced Paladin, where the trainees travel and learn first hand how to be a Paladin, and it’s their mentor’s job to keep their little ones alive, no matter how needy the damnable things can be.

Thoughts, I’m leaning towards a terribly cliché idea for one of the characters for this one, don’t kill me. But the classic, a woman disguised as a man manages to slip through the cracks and gets a place amongst the Paladins, assigned to train under one of the ‘best’. Typically it’s one trainee per Paladin, but with their numbers wearing thin and desperate measures being taken, two are assigned to this particular Paladin. The second under his train, a disgraceful thing—a monster, many would say; he’s a half-demon half-human young man, skin extremely pale and eyes the color of gold.

But those are just my thoughts! We can change up things completely, pull in another character, two, three, or so forth for sure!

TheSamm

Quote from: PoppyLynn on August 30, 2017, 05:04:05 PM
Samm, yes! You're still accepting new faces to write with!

It's totally cool, I don't expect male characters to be played any certain way bc masculinity and femininity are fluid in real life. I rarely play male characters that are super mascule, or female characters that are hyper feminine. Your character's identity has little to do with their sex, especially in a fantasy setting where gender roles can be totally irrelevant haha.

As for the count, I usually play 1-2 characters to start with and I may add or remove characters as we progress (if I get tired of playing them or they get killed by the plot, etc). I don't expect you to play the same number as me though, play whatever you're comfortable with. :)

I really like the first idea. I like playing in settings of war, but it would be interesting to play in the aftermath of a regime change, and characters with amnesia are a classic imo. How do you feel about including other races? I typically play at least one human, but I do like to dabble with Elves and similar creatures, and plus they make the world a little more colorful even if they're uncommon or hidden.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

Spoken like a person who truly understands that gender is not something that limits us as far as our voices and personalities go. With that said, I have nothing to fear playing another role with you! So I can do, for sure, one of each gender on my end!

The first it is, then! Amnesia can be such a fun little thing to tag into rps, especially if the character has something in their past that has some serious bite to it or is very important. Would you like to play the memory lost character?

I'm up for any and all races of creatures. Elves are a must in like all fantasy touched rps, so they are in for sure! I may even play one myself XD. Dragons, I'm thinking, can be a scares creature that does roam the land, as well as many other mythic creatures. What all races would you want to pull into the world?

TheSamm

Hey, congrats on approval!

And yes, I've got a little experience with that. I don't always play super masculine men or super feminine women. So if you play a male and a female, shall I just play two males for pairing purposes? And sure, I'll play the amnesiac, haha.

As for the races, elves and dragons are always great. I like to keep it pretty open and not restrict it, as long as romantic interests are mostly humanistic. Stuff like spirits, fairies, merfolk, shapeshifters, etc. Like I said, they don't have to be all over the place but it's fun to have them available in case we want to play them or use them for plot devices.

So if we're talking characters we also have to talk plot and settings. I'm a big fan of places with giant forests and the idea of nature trying to reclaim civilization, so if we could incorporate that sort of "man versus nature" element that would be exciting. If this takes place after a violent regime change, then maybe one of our characters could be a survivor of the attack and the last heir to the previous royalty too.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

Thank you so much! I'd clicked the home page, and like a thousand new things popped up. My eyes got big as heck. Thrilled outta my mind!

*coughs* anyways...

You can play two males or one of each gender, if you'd prefer! Whatever you want :). The amnesiac is all yours, then!

Sounds good! We can leave the races and creatures open, pulling them from our hats whenever we need/want to! It's always fun to define a world while within it rather than out of it, so it'll be fun!

I agree that having a man vs nature deal going on would be great. We could have a few drastically different places. Maybe a huge city completely overtaken by humanoids, possibly mostly humans with the occasional other. An eleven city that's homes and lives are twisted within nature. A vast forest area that's been left untouched because with each attempt to take over any piece of it, the invaders were destroyed in various manners, usually gruesome. Then we could have the lovely and always fun cities that have been torn to ruins, nature starting to coil its vines around the fallen stones, trees and bushes sprouting in patches of dirt exposed in cobblestone gaps, and animals taken over what little structures were left. And any and all in betweens. We can discover them as we go along, but I for sure want there to be sever damage from the ongoing war.

You complete me. It's like you knew what I was thinking. When I was writing that spill for it, I was picturing the memory-lost character as the last heir to the fallen family. But we don't have to have it being him, it can be any of the characters. It's just funny how that's what we both thought about that XD. Great minds, I suppose lol.

As for other plot elements, I'm thinking the place the guy walks up in is a small campsite that was created by rebels and the survivors of the war who were rescued and brought there to receive aid and support until they are able to help themselves again. I'm thinking at least two of the characters start off here, if not more of them. It'll depend on what you had in mind for your characters, really, and how you want them to wind up roped into the little group.

TheSamm

Oh man, we're going to get along great then.  :D

I think I probably will play one of each gender to start with just to balance it out, and I may add another one later. I feel like it does make some sense for me to play the royal character just because that's a common trope, but I'll only take that up if you don't want it because I may have other plans for that character. Plus, it might be better for you to play that role so that you can flesh out the royal family and then you can detail what happened with the revolution.

I think my second character is going to be some kind of forest-dweller, like an elf or spirit, but I haven't decided which. This character has traveled to human lands to try and understand the relationship between mankind and the forest, but they are in disguise and just pretending to be a mysterious foreigner.

And I accept your proposal; my amnesiac character will wake up in this site by the edge of the forest where survivors are trying to carve out a peaceful life post-war. All of the characters don't have to start there, but we might want to wait to introduce the ones who don't until they meet the ones in this little settlement. You don't want to have to write an introduction post for them and then have them just kind of twiddling their fingers until the main plot gets to them, haha.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

Yes, we will!

Alrighty, then! One of each gender for the both of us for sure, and possibly more as we go along. Sounds like a plan!

Oh! Other plans for the amnesic, you say?! I'm dying to know, but I can suffer through it if you'd rather keep it secret until it springs at us in RP :). I can take on the royal role. Hmm...which gender to play them as is now the challenge...and what race. I'll think through that, but if you have any input, go for it!

That's a great idea for a second character! It'll help bring in that nature-y side of things that we're wanting to loop in, for sure. Spirit, like a forest nymph, maybe? Or something else?

But yeah, no, I totally agree that if the other characters aren't about to collide with at least one other character then they don't really need to be written in just yet. Like you said thumb twiddlin' and all XD. It's no fun writing for a character who has no one to interact with haha.

TheSamm

I think I'm going to keep Mr. Memory-Loss's backstory close to my chest, unless you really don't mind being spoiled. Without giving too much away, he's definitely human but he's from a different place and maybe a different time. The world we build will probably help me determine which is more interesting, haha.

I think I've changed my mind about the gender/sex situation of the nature character though. I wanted to make it even by playing another girl, but I think I thought of something more fun. The character is a guardian spirit (what they are the guardian of is also part of a secret backstory, haha) with shapeshifting capabilities. While they technically do not have a sex or gender that humans would recognize, they just assume whatever form is most practical for the situation. What they are primarily will just depend on the course of the story, and they might find that they are more comfortable as male or female as we go along. But for the sake of not making things too complicated, I will start them off as female when I introduce them. As for pronouns, just use whatever I'm not concerned about it. :P

So I think I'm going to start with Mr. Memory-Loss and introduce the spirit a little later on. Now I just need to know if you do face claims/pictures or if you do text descriptions in-post. I like to do the latter, but I can dig up pictures too if you'd rather. And I'm not picky about whether they're real people or anime or w/e. Oh, and if you don't mind I'd like to do this in a thread too. I used to use email, but it lags my phone and I'm on mobile more often than not.

Do you have any other ideas or questions to chuck at me before we get started?
INFJ

PoppyLynn

As much as it pains me not knowing, I vote for you to keep it a secret as well. It'll be far more fun for both of us that way, I'm sure of it. Probably gonna punch myself later for saying that, though. Different place, time, world--who knows! Oh wait, you do. See? Already regretting my choice lol. I'm so excited! The need to know will make me write even faster.

I, actually, really love that idea. It'll break down that little barrier of gender, making the lil romantics for that character be truly built on who the character is rather than anything else. Plus, it'll allow for so many different paths and options for us. A full vote of approval from me.

I'm going to play it by ear on when I want to bring in my second...as soon as I figure out what exactly I want to do with him. I'll stop all my other stuff in a bit to figure all these things out so we can get into things!

The previous site I was on was big on face claims, and I can see the appeal to them, but I'm indifferent. If someone can describe their character's looks well enough, then why try and find a face that may or may not look how you want it? Or if you find a picture of someone who is the exact idea you had for the character, why not use it? In other words, I'm golden either way :D. We can do just descriptions since you're fonder of those!

I always have preferred threads myself. It's easier to keep up with things, somehow, for me. So a thread it is!

Hmm...do I have any other questions... Actually, yes, I do! The sort of elves we are using for this world, do they age 'normally' until they reach their 'prime', then their age is slowed extremely? That's the ones I usually prefer, but if you want a different sort, just let me know.

Is magic something everyone can tap into? Or is it limited? Do you have to have a 'gift' to unlock it? Are certain races completely incapable of harnessing magic?

TheSamm

Cool, then we're almost ready. So I'll do the first post with the introduction and the setup and I'll secure our thread. One more suggestion there though; we should each reserve a post for character descriptions just for our own reference. I forget things sometimes, terrible memory haha. I may also add pictures later if I do happen upon one that reminds me of the character. :3

So for the elves, whatever you want! I'm not picky about that at all. If you want them to have long lifespans and youthful aspects, then they shall.  ;D

And as for magic, I think it should be a little bit rare or at least risky to use. For spirits and certain similar races it could be less risky because they are attached to the earth, so they can draw power from the earth, whereas most mortals can only draw on their own life force, so they risk harm when they try to do too much. Control should also come with practice. It makes magic seem more mysterious and powerful imo. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on that that though.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

I'll whip up a description of the two of mine :D. Should we just post it in like spoiler form in our first posts? Or here? Or message it to one another? Orrrr? my newbie-ness is showing, isn't it? If I find a picture that fits my characters, I'll probably bring it over, to!

Mkay, then normal aging youth-hood, and slowed aging after reaching their primes. So, I think a good approach to figuring out how creatures and races are defined within this world is to do it in rp, like whoever happens to step up and describe the bits and pieces of a race first makes them how they are, this of course being able to be adjusted and talked through if the other has some withdraws towards anything. But as a general rule of thumb, I think this could work. Do you?

I vote for it being a rare sort of thing for species that aren't normally linked to magic, and it's dangerous for anyone who doesn't learn to control it. I agree, with you, in other words haha.

TheSamm

Not newbieness, just polite~ Everybody does things differently so it's pretty much always cool to ask. But as far as that goes, I was going to suggest we make our very first posts just character descriptions with a very basic profile skeleton (name, age, race, occupation, very general appearance, and any special skills, talents, or abilities) and then we can update those posts as we add or subtract characters. If you want an example you can see how me and my other buddy did it in this thread:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273324.0

I still owe that one some graphics though, I like to do an introductory post that I do like a banner and some borders for because I like to be hella extra, haha.

And yeah, I second that. I think it should go for new places and things too. Whomever is the first to observe just describes the thing, haha.
INFJ

PoppyLynn

That's a good idea. Short but long enough to get across the need-to-knows.

I'll put together my characters for both here and the Era, hopefully, after I make dinner and eat :D. For graphics and hyperlinks, do we just past the link to them where it says 'img' or 'url'?

TheSamm

Yeah, you can paste the url between the tags. And don't rush, I'll probably get mine done either tonight or tomorrow. For this adventure, I'll start getting the thread set up probably tonight after the first round of mail. I work in a mailroom so I get downtime between deliveries and that's usually when I post. :]
INFJ

Kore

Hello! Are you looking for anything else right now? If you are, let me know! If you aren't, keep me in mind for the future!

TheSamm

Quote from: lasciviousxleporidae on September 06, 2017, 07:06:25 PM
Hello! Are you looking for anything else right now? If you are, let me know! If you aren't, keep me in mind for the future!
Hey, welcome to the site! And I'm pretty much always looking for new partners. If you want, we could start planning something while you're waiting for approval.  :-)
INFJ

Kore

Sounds perfect! :D

What ideas have you got on deck?

TheSamm

Quote from: lasciviousxleporidae on September 06, 2017, 08:58:49 PM
Sounds perfect! :D

What ideas have you got on deck?

Well I've been dying to do a superheroes game with a dynamic that's open to romance, but mostly focused on heroes and their conflicts with their older or newer peers, law enforcement, and organized crime. If that's not your cup of tea though, like I said, I'm pretty much always up for fantasy. I could make a pitch if you're up for it, or you could make one. I'm open to ideas.
INFJ