Godlings, Ascend! [DnD Pathfinder]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 11, 2012, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I was browsing Pathfinder site and I happened cross on new peculiar class or rather set of classes; Godling. It is literally class designed to turn your char into demigod in 20 levels and get along with it variable divine powers while you start quite much a mortal in beginning but slowly evolve into divine entity.

So, I search for interest on players for idea for party full of godlings (offspring of a god and mortal) adventuring together (any cohorts/followers are then mostly mortals if not outsiders in later levels). Now there are four godling classes and so far as I can see they are bit....incomplete and may ask a devoted GM to make house rule calls which could make things sounding making sense (example; battle lord divine trait with eldrict godling which is meant to be full time caster?!).

Anyways here is links to all four godling classes and brief summary what I could tell about them;

Adept Godling = Bit of jack of all trades which emphasis on scholar and crafting pursuits (and up to 6th level spellcasting). Medium BAB.
Clever Godling = Scoundrel/Skill monkey class with no spellcasting. Medium BAB.
Eldrict Godling = A spellcaster class. Has best spellcasting from all godlings.
Mighty Godling = Hercules! Yeah, godling figther, full BAB and best HD.

Note, there are many stuff which is 'broken' with godlings (like godling spellcasters having chance ignore anti-magic field, cast without concentration check and ignore armor spell failure etc). But as name should indicate this should be game about sons/daugthers of gods! Story of Hercules, Gilgamesh and other 'divine blooded bastards' and so when all party members are godlings the things even out. True you would roll over mortals in some regards. But for that reason I would like start the game in very low levels (1-3) so that you do not steamroll kingdoms over quite yet and goblins can still kick your divine blessed ass.

What comes to setting and such; it could be Pathfinder or be Faerun or homebrew setting which takes influences from ancient Greece, Egypt and so on. Overall setting where gods can walkon earth and bang women like Zeus did.

Edit; I am going to be GM it seems. Below is chargen stuff.

Starting Level: 1
Stats: 25 point buy
Traits: Max 2
Race: Core, plus anything which I approve invindually (off hand kitsunes are ok and warforges are not)
Class(es): Only godling classes used, you can later acquire cohort who uses one standard classes if you want to. As note leadership cohort is different to one which you get in 20th level (that cohort present headpriest or other similar figure in your newfound religion while you keep leadership cohort). Leadership adds +4 to your leadership score in 20th level so it is not waste feat in sake of followers.
Gear: 300gp and single magic item up to 3,000gp in value which is gift from your divine parent. A non-consumable magic item which bears clearly holy symbol of your deity parent in it.

Koyume

Might be interested in this. This is my first time hearing about the godling classes, so it's kind've exciting. Going to look them over now.

TheRaven

Consider me interested in the Clever Godling.  8-)
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, hopefully we get more players and perhaps GM also (altough I will run this if no one shows up to be GM).

Innocence

This seems interesting, I haven't heard of the godling class before.
If this goes forward I'd liek to be considered to play the Eldrict Godling, although I haven't played much Pathfinder, so I'd still be a noob.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, godlings are kind on test phase likely as one credits in pathfinder is 'no dead class levels' and godling classes overall have dead levels still. But yet concept is intriquing enough to try them out and see how they work in present stage.

Koekje

Sign me up for a Mighty Godling please!
I'd like the divine power to banhammer someone to the moon :p
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Snake

Color me interested in a mighty godling!

ShadowFox89

I could probably go for an Eldritch Godling.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, interest but no GM. Oh well. Let's see can I get things started by this week friday/weekend. Now comes chargen rules peeps (and this is pathfinder game);

Starting Level: 1
Stats: 25 point buy
Traits: Max 2
Race: Core, plus anything which I approve invindually (off hand kitsunes are ok and warforges are not)
Class(es): Only godling classes used, you can later acquire cohort who uses one standard classes if you want to. As note leadership cohort is different to one which you get in 20th level (that cohort present headpriest or other similar figure in your newfound religion while you keep leadership cohort). Leadership adds +4 to your leadership score in 20th level so it is not waste feat in sake of followers.
Gear: 300gp and single magic item up to 3,000gp in value which is gift from your divine parent. A non-consumable magic item which bears clearly holy symbol of your deity parent in it.

General world setting lore: I will update this info on later date this week. Likely post it tuesday or wednesday. But overall think a generic DnD setting but there is going to be new caste of gods and strong ancient Greek/Roman feel to it with perhaps back corner oriental influences. If someone writes background and descripes their divine parent in detail; I may add that deity to setting or deny it and ask change it (or deity had been deceased ad godling is last remaints of deity's divine power in mortal realm).

ShadowFox89

Nevermind. Not interested in 25pt buy or level 1.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Well then. I"m goin ot makea might goding with a nature or "beast" type parent deity. (like a scion of nature or something.) sine it fits the theme I have in my head. that or one focusing on charm/seduction cuz it's fun.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 19, 2012, 07:12:07 AM
Nevermind. Not interested in 25pt buy or level 1.

Well, 25 point buy is for high fantasy and first level as godlings as class/race quickly grow in influence and power when they gain more deitic sort abilities. I mean it to be decently quick progress to level up for a pbp game.

Quote from: Snake on November 19, 2012, 11:40:01 AM
Well then. I"m goin ot makea might goding with a nature or "beast" type parent deity. (like a scion of nature or something.) sine it fits the theme I have in my head. that or one focusing on charm/seduction cuz it's fun.

A might godling which specializes to charm/seduction? Interesting indeed ;). But roll up char and leave background bit vague for now and focus on more concept what kind godling you are and what kind personality.

Snake

Oh I meant different char types entirely one or the other, I'm not sure how the hell to combine the two of them XD.

I already have stats since it's 25 point buy: 16,14,14,13,12,10 which in PF turns out to 25 exactly.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is first patch of gods/goddesses (this job is not complete yet). These are main gods of the setting (major deities) but there can be minor deities which are subservient or simply have too small following to contest with major deities (and are harmless to major deities enough to left them ignored). I split deities by alignment but some are racial deities. Now bit cosmology; There is generic dimension where dead souls depart to, it is called Underworld and it is ruled by god(s) of death and final judgement which decides will you go well deserved rest or do you have earned eternal torment for your sins towards life or your god. Evil gods reward their followers mostly eternal life as usually evil god followers get only torment in after life. Torment comes in form sending the said souls to Hell which is place where banished gods were send to. Banished gods this case are rebellious gods who seek undo the present pantheon hierarchy for varied reasons.

Now the abyss is literally everything else outside the planes, it was from abyss the world was created and demons do not like it at all. So instead just conquer it for own whims like banished gods (archdevils) would do, instead demons would destroy it entirely and return it to chaos. Shadow plane exchists as shadowy copy of normal realm and ethereal plane overlaps with normal plane and does let wander outside from prime but it leads only to abyss. Heaven is subdimension in Underworld where followers of other deities go to enjoy eternal rest or joy (or fun as in Valhalla for warriors example). Deities physicall exchist in prime material plane in hard to reach locale but they do have their own sanctuaries which you cannot enter if you do not meet requirements or are invited to enter (or breach the wards).

Lawful Good

Arvandos
Domains: Good, Law, Sun, Glory, Nobility, Protection
Holy Symbol: A golden sunburst with pair of angelic wings inside sunburst which is pierced through a double bladed wide bladed spear.
Prefered Weapon: Spear
Doghma: Seek eternal glory in showing exemplar examples of heroism and goodness. Protect sentient life above your pride. Life is sacred gift which should not be wasted neither with needless violence nor inaction. Teach people embrace grand virtues of good; Valor, Temperance, Conviction and lastly but most importantly; Compassion.

Neutral Good

Melyr
Domains: Good, Community, Family, Healing, Renewal
Holy Symbol: A pair of golden hands spread out to embrace supported in golden ring
Prefered Weapon: Shield
Doghma: Value family and close friends above all else. Treasure and protect those who you love. End strifes with friendship and love. Nurture and heal those who had been hurt and harmed physically and spiritually and help them continue live on next day. Help those who mourn bury their sorrows and continue on living.

Chaotic Good

Dolm
Domains: Chaos, Good, Competition, Strenght, War, Courage
Holy Symbol: Swirling whirlwind of seven blades in field of crimson in gold lined shield. A clenched golden fist in center.
Prefered Weapon: Swords (any)
Doghma: Test your mettle always! Test might in arms and battle! Seek glory in enduring and winning conflicts! Become stronger and more powerful and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves! Bow not to tyranny which spreads weakness and fear like infection; purge it with fire and blood! Do not fear death as death is just old friend whom you finally meet!

Zaer Darkwail

Another patch;

Lawful Neutral

Stromgard
Domains: Law, Exorcism, Inquisition, Protection, Purification
Holy Symbol: A iron hammer with open unblinking eye in center
Prefered Weapon: Warhammer
Doghma: Banish devils and demons back where they belong. Protect those who cannot protect themselves. Bring order to harmful chaos. Be vigilant and watchful in your duties. Purge out corruption of the soul and body.

True Neutral

Lady of Mysteries
Domains: Destiny, Dream, Mysticism, Oracle, Meditation, Knowlegde
Holy Symbol: A closed eye in purple backgrounded disc where shines blue stars
Prefered Weapon: Quarterstaff
Doghma: Meditate and contemplate your actions and then act. Observe, study and record deeds of those touched by destiny. Ponder upon mysteries of life, death, good, evil, law and chaos. Seek the hidden truth which eludes even wisest of men yet may be discovered by fools.

Chaotic Neutral

Vanya
Domains: Chaos, Storm, Spite, Retribution, Hatred
Holy Symbol: A bloodied hand grasping red ligthning in black background
Prefered Weapon: Hand (unarmed strike)
Doghma: Do not let insult slide! Take and savor revenge. Do not let anyone hamper down your hatred! Never forgive those who sligthed you! Make your enemies suffer worse than you suffered! Take revenge on those who are too weak to take it themselves.

Zaer Darkwail

Another patch;

Lawful Evil

Arnes
Domains: Law, Evil, Tyranny, Pride, War, Domination
Holy Symbol: A black iron crown burning in dark red flames in black background
Prefered Weapon: Dire flail
Doghma: Conquer those weaker than you and rule them as absolute sovereign. Strike to force someone bend knee if they question your authority, and if they continue stand up strike them dead. Strong over the weak, strenght over weakness, hardness over being soft.

Neutral Evil

Bhaal
Domains: Evil, Trickery, Treachery, Greed, Envy
Holy Symbol: A dark gloved hand grasping a bloodsoaked gold coin in field of white.
Prefered Weapon: Dagger
Doghma: Care only for your own gain. Envy always those better than you and plot take what is theirs. Betray when it's most beneficial for you, including friends and allies. Deceive than tell the truth, give truth only when it profits more than lies.

Chaotic Evil

Malgrock
Domains: Chaos, Evil, Fury, Suffering, Pain, Destruction
Holy Symbol: A bloody spiked skull in dark iron spike in black field
Prefered Weapon: Morningstar
Doghma: Let rage guide you! Enjoy bringing misery and pain! Bring havoc and destruction in your wake and destroy all beautiful and peaceful!

More gods will follow cover lust, love, crafting and some race specific deities also and some elemental gods and then finally banished gods (and you can be banished god's godling as their influence can reach to prime realms occassionally).