[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on September 19, 2015, 08:11:25 PM
Yanno... When I started this I fully anticipated a bucket load of male characters all doing glorious battle to impress the few ladies. Seems we might just end up with little harems. -Chuckles-

I'm more than happy to watch the women do glorious battle.

And record it.

Wispyr

I'm inspired. Maybe there was an ancient traditional of Atlantean oil wrestling among the female-caste. Hmmmm....

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on September 19, 2015, 08:13:58 PM
I'm inspired. Maybe there was an ancient traditional of Atlantean oil wrestling among the female-caste. Hmmmm....

>.> Pfft.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Orange Marmalade

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Wispyr on September 19, 2015, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: Amarlo on September 19, 2015, 08:18:08 PM
>.> Pfft.
Quote from: Orange Marmalade on September 19, 2015, 08:30:13 PM
I with you. I vote for Atlantean (turkish) oil wrestling amongst the males.

Mmmh, yes... I think I can get onboard with that idea.

In other news, my character is almost done. I should have her finished tonight!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Amarlo

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 19, 2015, 08:57:00 PM
In other news, my character is almost done. I should have her finished tonight!

Woot! I just turned mine in ^^

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on September 19, 2015, 08:30:13 PM
I with you. I vote for Atlantean (turkish) oil wrestling amongst the males.

>.> While a strong, dangerous man is extremely sexy I admittedly am more selfish and prefer his attention be on wrestling with me ;) If you know what I mean. -Waggles brow-

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amarlo on September 19, 2015, 09:04:58 PM
>.> While a strong, dangerous man is extremely sexy I admittedly am more selfish and prefer his attention be on wrestling with me ;) If you know what I mean. -Waggles brow-

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Erich Norden

Quote from: Wispyr on September 19, 2015, 03:15:37 AM
You aren't required to choose any of the Story Souls. There will be more players than Story Souls, so you're more than welcome to play a soul of your own design. I had assumed that's what you were doing already, honestly since you hadn't mentioned any.

I thought as much, but I think I need to know more about souls and such before I can work that bit out.  From what you've said, their presence will not be overt, at least at the outset, but there are a couple of questions I would like answered:

• Do the player characters derive their power directly from hosting an Atlantean soul?
  • If yes to the above, are the powers possessed by the host individual necessarily the same or similar to ones the Atlantean soul once possessed?
  • Do souls consciously choose host individuals with whom they feel compatible (on any number of metrics -- personality, abilities, preferences, gender, etc.), or is it seemingly random?
  • What is the nature of the bond?  Does it merely grant the host individual a limited portion of the soul's knowledge, memories, and powers, or could it go beyond, into e.g. compulsion or bodily possession?

Wispyr

Gather round friend's for these be important questions...

Quote from: Erich Norden on September 19, 2015, 09:47:25 PM
  • Do the player characters derive their power directly from hosting an Atlantean soul?
This is something of a complex question to answer. The short answer is yes, the long is sort of. Technically every person in this setting has the potential for power, as every person falls into one of the five Denizen-races. However it is the infusion of the Atlantean souls that have brought that potential forward, because the knowledge of magic and how to tap into it has been lost for a very long time. Since the Atlantean souls know how, when they inhabit a body (and note that more Atlantean souls were released than just the six Story Souls, thus how other players can have souls) they draw on that power and 'form' the powers. This is why each of the Story Souls has a theme that those powers would develop from.

Hopefully that answers that.

• If yes to the above, are the powers possessed by the host individual necessarily the same or similar to ones the Atlantean soul once possessed?
It is reasonable to assume that the powers manifested in people inhabited by the Atlantean souls are either gaining direct knowledge from those souls or are getting some variation there of, thus the themes. Even characters without Story Souls should have general theme's in their power selection.

• Do souls consciously choose host individuals with whom they feel compatible (on any number of metrics -- personality, abilities, preferences, gender, etc.), or is it seemingly random?
It is mostly random. The Story Souls have generic things they picked out. Trillian had enough will power to not inhabit a female body, whereas Aeandra had the will not to inhabit a male body. Menaria knew the burden of the curse she had in her so she had the will to find a being hopefully strong enough to hold it as well, the Nephilim met her criteria just as well. Issail had enough will to maintain his birth right and would only inhabit a body with Atlantean blood.

Aside from that, it is mostly random. The souls do not have 'consciousness' until they have inhabited a body and been awakened. Which, at the start of game play, none of the characters will be. That's something that will take place shortly there after. Thusly, the characters at game play start have not manifested any of their powers sans perhaps some of the Denizen-race gifted ones, and those would be uncontrolled / accidental / not fully developed (Imori might 'dream projection', Fae just have never gotten lost and have always had an impeccable sense of time and space, etc).

• What is the nature of the bond?  Does it merely grant the host individual a limited portion of the soul's knowledge, memories, and powers, or could it go beyond, into e.g. compulsion or bodily possession?
So this is something I was going to get into a little later, once we had a more solidified player base, and I'll save the mini-sheets for then... But basically how it players out is that once awakened each soul is going to act as a duality in their host.

...<taken from elsewhere>...you will actually be playing the souls. You'll need to detail them a little bit, and put some work into who they are and what they're like. The Story Souls obviously have some ground work already done but it can be fleshed out a great deal more to player desires. Once the souls awaken they will act as sort of a duality within the characters. They'll be able to communicate with them, and at times the souls may very well get yanked to the forefront of the characters and take control of the bodies...

...these are souls that are inhabiting the characters along side who the character was in the first place. Imagine every character in Pandemonium having a guardian, only that guardian is in their head and can sometimes take control...

In essence the souls will act as secondary characters that inhabit their host. They may not get along. They might mesh perfectly. They might have different ways of handling things. For the most part, GM Events aside, the souls will stay in the characters head. There's inner dialogue that can happen, basically everyone will have the chance to look at things from two perspectives instead of one. There will be moments where these souls are brought forward and made the focus for periods of time though. Giving everyone this sort of struggle for themselves feel. The souls aren't actively trying to take over, but depending on the soul they might not be particularly thrilled to give it back either.

Part of the game will be the characters coming to terms and finding a balance with these second souls. Once they've done that they'll be able to harness more and more power, discover more about what actually went down and even do something about what's going on.

Hopefully that answers all of that. But more questions are always welcome. ^^

Elysian Radiance

Yay! Character sheet submitted and approved! -does a dance-

COME ON, GUYS! WE NEED MOOOOAAAR! Come play with me. I won't bite... unless you like me to...

VonDoom

I just woke up, so I'll need to gather my mental faculties before reading the important info above, but I will also play a male character. Picture #2 from earlier shall be .... a male Imori named Vincent "Virgil" Jiang, with the Lord Sorcerer soul, unless by some weird happenstance I don't manage to complete and submit him within the reservation time frame. Should be plenty of time, though.

Edit: Okay, so it only looked long at blurry 'just got up' first glance. Interesting to know.  :-) And I already added the signature thingie, I hope that's alright? I figure attention is needed the most while recruiting is going on, no?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 20, 2015, 12:02:30 AM
Yay! Character sheet submitted and approved!
And to go along with that we now have...

This thread will be once you have PM'd me your character sheet and I have given it the...

Big Ol' Stamp Of Approval

Please do not post here until you have gotten the above message from me in a PM.

Once you've gotten that you can go ahead and reply to that thread over there and post your character sheet for others to browse. I'll keep an up to date list of approved players and character basics (Name, Race, Gender, Sexuality) in the first post, as well as any other character details that may come along.

This post is also now in the GM Notes post on the first page, near the bottom for easy finding. All other important threads that come up will be linked there as well.

Amarlo

My approved character has now been posted. If anyone would like to plot with me - past, present or future - please don't hesitate to pm me! I am pm friendly and wouldn't mind just some general chit chat either, a lot of fun ideas can from a little back and forth ^^

Until then, I look forward to seeing everyone's characters!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amarlo on September 20, 2015, 12:18:51 AM
My approved character has now been posted. If anyone would like to plot with me - past, present or future - please don't hesitate to pm me! I am pm friendly and wouldn't mind just some general chit chat either, a lot of fun ideas can from a little back and forth ^^

Until then, I look forward to seeing everyone's characters!

Basically just ditto'ing her. ^^

Caehlim

I'm intrigued by this and would like to second the admiration of the presentation in the thread.

Just looking over all the interesting details and considering character possibilities now.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Wispyr

Quote from: Caehlim on September 20, 2015, 03:59:36 AM
I'm intrigued by this and would like to second the admiration of the presentation in the thread.
I have gotten so much love for how I put this together. Y'all are gonna give me an ego. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Quote from: Caehlim on September 20, 2015, 03:59:36 AM
Just looking over all the interesting details and considering character possibilities now.
We'd love to have you, so hopefully you spawn some awesome bunnies!

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'm almost done!!!

Wispyr and I are just fine-tuning my powers.  Want to make sure they can keep up with all you ladies who like to bite (yeah, I'm looking at you, Ely).

It's been ages since I was in a rp of any sort that needed character sheets and power builds, so hopefully I'm not just a big loser.

The Golden Touch

I started reading and I like the idea, I just have not quite wrapped my brain around the concept I want for my character yet.

-marks as interested-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 05:45:13 AM
Want to make sure they can keep up with all you ladies who like to bite (yeah, I'm looking at you, Ely).
Just bite her back. She'll love it.

Wispyr and I are just fine-tuning my powers. 
This is honestly basically expected with everyone. And everyone has done an absolutely amazing job on pricing their abilities so far. Your primary ability in particular, I'm really excited to see played out once we figure the details on it.

It's been ages since I was in a rp of any sort that needed character sheets and power builds, so hopefully I'm not just a big loser.
Your sheet is awesome. The character is going to be a great mix to the party. It also brought to mind a very, very amusing 'movie' I once saw when paired with Ely's character. The thoughts only went down hill from there. >.>

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 20, 2015, 06:12:52 AM
I started reading and I like the idea, I just have not quite wrapped my brain around the concept I want for my character yet.
Glad you like it, Golden! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 06:35:54 AM
Just bite her back. She'll love it.
This is honestly basically expected with everyone. And everyone has done an absolutely amazing job on pricing their abilities so far. Your primary ability in particular, I'm really excited to see played out once we figure the details on it.
Your sheet is awesome. The character is going to be a great mix to the party. It also brought to mind a very, very amusing 'movie' I once saw when paired with Ely's character. The thoughts only went down hill from there. >.>
Glad you like it, Golden! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'm actually in a story with Ely right now.  I'm sure we'll get to biting eventually.  *brow waggling*

And thanks for the vote of confidence!  Like a mini-stamp-of-approval!

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 06:43:50 AM
I'm actually in a story with Ely right now.  I'm sure we'll get to biting eventually.  *brow waggling*
So I hear!

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 06:43:50 AM
And thanks for the vote of confidence!  Like a mini-stamp-of-approval!
And now you have the full sized version!

...Ugh I need to sleep.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on September 20, 2015, 06:58:52 AM

...Ugh I need to sleep.

Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.

Amarlo

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 20, 2015, 07:16:59 AM
Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.

Night owls, me thinks. At least in my case :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cataclysmic Archangel

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies