Embedding youtube videos at a specific time does not work

Started by Al Terego, October 04, 2018, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Terego

For some reason, the forum seems to ignore the start time parameter and the embedded video starts playing from the beginning.
Linking as URL works as expected.

Ideas?

Thank you,
-- Al

Al Terego

Mirrah

I don't know the reason for that issue, but have you tried posting the link of the video (with the url code so it doesn't auto-embed) to the folks with whom you'd like to share it?
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Tolvo

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=257272.msg14553101#msg14553101

Oniya did a post on some embedding stuff.

Embedding certain things or youtube things won't work other than directly the video. And often linking to any youtube link even if it isn't a video will cause things to try to auto embed. Is it related to any of that?

Oniya

No - this is related to the 'start at timestamp' function.  Personally, I've never been able to figure out how to embed videos other than the 'start at the beginning' form.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17