News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Useful Metric Conversions for the mathematically challenged

Started by strangely made, May 20, 2008, 05:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangely made

1 trillion microphones = 1 megaphone
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche
1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin
10 rations = 1 decoration
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
3 1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
2 monograms = 1 diagram
8 nickels = 2 paradigms
2 wharves = 1 paradox

ShrowdedPoet

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Kalen

kongming

Pure undiluted win, Strangely. I didn't get the terrapin one (that is, I don't know what a terrapin IS, and have never heard the word before, although Firefox recognises it as a legitimate word... but doesn't recognise itself (Firefox) as a word), or the paradigm one, but other than that, it brought laughter.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Elvi

10 millipedes = 1 centipede, is my favourite, plain simple and almost everyone can get that....*smiles*

A Terrapin is a type of turtle

A paradigm is sort of like a map or a model that links elements of a theory together....bit like a recipe makes a cake
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Cherri Tart

*giggles* i am SO printing this out and taping it to my wall - it's brillant - my favorite, however, has to be the microfish! :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

kongming

Ah, thanks Elvi. But I still don't get how 8 nickels works to that. I'm assuming it's a pair o' digm? Unless paradigm is pronounced para-dime, but even then, I thought a dime was 10c and a nickel was 5... but I'm not sure about crazy American money.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Cherri Tart

2 pairs of dimes would be 4 dimes and there are 2 nickels to a dime :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

kongming

Of course, two pairs of dimes *facepalm* Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the bit about 2 paradigms, not one.

Everything now makes sense.

Ons/Offs:

Cherri Tart

Quote from: kongming on May 24, 2008, 09:55:07 AM
Of course, two pairs of dimes *facepalm* Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the bit about 2 paradigms, not one.

Everything now makes sense.

everything? really?  wow - i'm going to have to try that sometime! :D

O/O, Cherri Flavored