The pun game. Open to all!

Started by Verasaille, October 19, 2016, 12:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

Alright, this might be a lame attempt, but I was thinking of how much I love puns. Sometimes it is unintentional. There are times when I try to make a pun. I want to list a few I have done unintentionally and see if anyone else has done this.

Basic story: My character is a tavern wench in the Caribbean.

Kyla came out of the Jolly Pelican with a long face.

I did not even realize it until my partner pointed it out! (facepalm)

Ok we can start out with a few unintentional puns. What have you written that seemed a bit 'punny' after you had it down?

Once we get going, we can play a game I used to play with friends in school. One person writes a line and someone else comes after and adds a pun to it. You can even use my line above and add to it if you like!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Ralhend

Eh... This is one of those games that requires me to think... Arrgh.

Can we expand the rules to include intentional ones?  That would make it easier.

As far as unintentional, it was similar as it involved a tavern.
Its nothing that I wrote on here or on Blue Moon.  It was an adventure I had written for a Dungeons and Dragons game.  I had a program that would generate random names for places.  IE one was a "Tavern Name Generator"

I had it set up to give me a list of random names.  Most of the time they were comical:

The Fat Fish (A dockside bar dive that specialized in fried fish I think)
The Satisfied Spoon (I have nothing for this one.)
The Generous Whore (More on this later)
The Rusty Nail (This one was actually kinda cool, and I still use it to this day)
The Salty Cheese Wheel (This sounds more like a ritzy shop in the expensive area of town that has delicious fine wines and select aged cheeses everywhere.)

Anyways.  part of my description was "Alright, yall are sitting at one of the well built round heavy oak tables.  You all have a large wooden mug in your hands filled with beer, a plate of surprisingly appetising fare , and someone suddenly comes inside of the generous whore..."
It was a little awkward but was followed by roaring laughter.  It became a much repeated quote that happened at least once every other game session.

I like the concept of this game but the rules confuse me =(  perhaps we can define and elaborate on them
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Verasaille

That was good!! I liked it!

No rules really, just a fun way to spout some puns and have some fun.

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Ralhend

Ok. Anothe one.  This one from real life and fairly recent.

I call my wife "Sweet Pea " on occasion.

One day i was being sarcastic.  I said " Pea of Sweetness "
Followed by "Sweet Pea~ness "

Go ahead. Say "Sweet Peaness "  out loud and think about it :p
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/