News:

Main Menu

Superhero Comics!

Started by Skynet, July 27, 2020, 03:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aqua

I finished Lucifer and Sandman a few months ago, I haven't read much lately. Any recommendations?

Cute Bunny

Getting back into reading comics. The current runs I'm reading are: Amazing Spider-man, Iron Cat, Rogues, and Poison Ivy.

ASM's been my favorite so far. I like when things are street level and focusing on the various gangs of New York like the first arc did with Tombstone. I'm not really sure what's going on in the big picture with Peter since I'm pretty new to reading Marvel, but it seems like most people are riled up about that stuff.

Rosenrot

Quote from: aqua on July 28, 2022, 03:00:04 PM
I finished Lucifer and Sandman a few months ago, I haven't read much lately. Any recommendations?

Might as well read some Constantine! I'd recommend John Constantine, Hellblazer, Vol. 1: Original Sins. I'm bad at explaining but it's a collection of his character's introduction from Swamp Thing. The stories themselves are pretty episodic, just loosely connected. All of the art is beautiful imo but I'm also not a fan of traditional and modern comic art.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Rosenrot on August 19, 2022, 11:01:36 AM
Might as well read some Constantine! I'd recommend John Constantine, Hellblazer, Vol. 1: Original Sins. I'm bad at explaining but it's a collection of his character's introduction from Swamp Thing. The stories themselves are pretty episodic, just loosely connected. All of the art is beautiful imo but I'm also not a fan of traditional and modern comic art.

Amazing artwork and stories! I agree. Hellblazer has some amazing stories

TheLaughingOne

Hello there!

Been a while, but have a new suggestion!

"The Ocean Will Take Us"

Deals with kid moving into Company town his mom works PR for. Massive sunny oceanside one, and some of the trouble he has in fitting in... Namely that some people have disappeared, the local swim team is taking some drug.. That squirms and wriggles on its own. Strange lights up on the local giant rock formation rising up out of the water with ominous chanting. You know, the normal stuff one deals with when growing up on the West Coast.

Excellent colorful art, distinct style where you can easily make out characters and whats going on. Its short with only 5 issues, but hints they might try and make more, which im hoping they do!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Oniya

So, this crossed my feed recently:  Frank Castle has ended his war.

Major spoilers in there for Punisher #12, of course, but I think the writer handled it in a way that makes a statement without creating a new symbol.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Pink Duct Tape

I'm currently working my way through the Captain Marvel Omnibus, Carol Danvers: The Ms Marvel Years.  I VERY HIGHLY Recommend the 5 or 6 part Black Widow series No Restraints Play written by the amazing Soska Sisters. Black Widow goes back to her roots as a killer and straight up flatlines Pedos and a sex trafficking ring.

For those into street level characters, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Isom by Eric July. The artwork is done by Cliff Richards, a legend in the business behind some Wonder Woman and the Rogue series.

Lady Death is always on point. She is the reigning, defending, undisputed Queen of comics. The Bad Girl Gone Good.

Dhi

Quote from: Dhi on May 04, 2022, 10:08:12 AM
At the same time, while Bendis' Justice League writing has been terrible, this exchange made me look back on Naomi and Hawkgirl's interactions.

I mentioned before that I saw Naomi being a mainstream connection to bring DC's Rann and Thanagarian sci-fi into focus. I didn't foresee this, but in hindsight it's there: Naomi and Hawkgirl are going to become an item. It's a perfect fit, but one I would almost rather write myself than leave to Bendis. In any case, the intent is there. Maybe a better writer will pick up on it later down the road.

Called it more than a year ago, see if I didn't!

Hawkgirl has been picked up by queer & trans author Jadzia Axelrod, and immediately the story introduces a web of queer supporting characters. Hawkgirl's search for direction is tied to Jadzia's trans graphic novel character, Galaxy.

I'm not familiar with Galaxy, as I skip a lot of the YA graphic novels.

Hawkgirl (Kendra) asks if she's friend Abilene's type, and the answer is a resounding yes. Hawkgirl doesn't know what she wants, but her co-star Galaxy does and is very happy.

Kraash! Hawkgirl, of course, falls right into Galaxy's fluorescent gay life. Will she emerge unkissed? I bet you she won't!

Pink Duct Tape

RippaVerse's Alpha Core launched issue #1, a 96 page book written by the legendary Chuck Dixon (he's done, among other things, the Bat family). 

Signed and graded Cover Cs are already sold out. I've got mine. Get in where you fit in.

www.rippaverse.com

Over 500K in sales within 4 hours.

Rising Fenyx

Anyone else planning to follow the new Marvel Ultimate-verse? Everything I've seen looks pretty interesting so far. I haven't really kept up with much modern Marvel with what they're currently doing with their mainline Spider-Man comics. I just... could not be less interested. But the new Ultimate stuff looks kinda cool.

Also, any omnibus collectors here? My collection's not super big, but I just got the Cates Venom run in all its glory and I'm super excited. It's one of my favorite comic runs of all  time, right up there with Aaron's Thor and Doctor Strange runs.
Characters, Kinks, and General Information

Current Cravings

Inbox is always open for plotting and general chatter!