[Closed] [V20] Sellswords of Caine [System] [EX] [Players selected]

Started by Blythe, August 08, 2018, 04:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Edit: My players have been selected, so I am not accepting any new interest. Thank you!

You can find the pertinent information in my world building thread here, but suffice to say that I'd like to run a small Vampire the Masquerade 20th anniversary edition system group game. All the relevant information is in that thread. If you have questions, ask here in the interest check! Here's a small rundown, a taste, to help people decide if they want to click on the world building thread to learn more.

- Starting year is 1970. The game will be run as a series of 'one shots' with a downtime thread to allow both the passage of time and actual physical travel, as we won't be staying in just one city for the game. But the starting location will be Las Vegas, Nevada. The game is Sabbat-oriented.
- Please submit sheets here in-thread. Refrain from trying to 'fix' other people's sheets; if you see something you find problematic, PM me about it instead. The character creation rules for this specific game are in the world building thread.
- I'm looking for about 4 - 5 players. It's not first-come first-serve; I'll pick based on what I think would make a good group IC and OOCly.. If I've played VtM with you before, though, there's an excellent chance I'd consider gaming with you again. I literally will not take more than 5 people, because I can't manage more than that. A small game gives me more time to commit to it without being overwhelmed.
- Structured game, not sandbox. I'll give players time to interact with each other as they please, but expect to be gently booped along if we get too far away from a plotline. I'll also boop things along if I feel the game stagnates/lulls too long without IC posting.

Further information is in the world building thread. :)

Edit: I thought it might be helpful for people to be able to see at a quick glance who has mentioned interest, who has a sheet, and who has a sheet reviewed.

Accepted means I have accepted the character into the game.
Final review done'means that the player is done with character creation and has no further need of feedback from me for whatever reason.
1st review done means that the player got their 1st official feedback from me. Unless everything about their sheet was perfect & no changes were needed, they must ping me for a 2nd review once they get 1st review results back.
2nd review done means that the player has gotten me to re-review after they made edits from the 1st review. Generally this means they are about done.

InterestedCompleted SheetReviewed
Rummy Tum TumY - hereY - Accepted - Ductus
KyrsaY - hereFinal Review Done
JarickY - hereY - 1st review done
NadirY - hereFinal Review done
WaldhamY - hereFinal Review Done
GeekletY - hereFinal Review Done
DrowdeviantNN
RedPhoenixY - hereFinal review done
SparrowhawkeY - hereY - 1st review done
PerpetuallyAnnoyedClericY - hereFinal Review Done
TheHangedManY - hereY - Final Review Done

Rummy Tum Tum

Kye

Would it be alright if I'm a VtM newbie? >.>

Blythe

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 08, 2018, 04:35:44 PM
I got one thing to say: Fuck yes!!!

:D

Quote from: Kyrsa on August 08, 2018, 04:40:38 PM
Would it be alright if I'm a VtM newbie? >.>

I can teach anyone how to play and it's something I actually really like doing. So if you've got the necessary core rulebook, I can 100% teach the system and help get you accustomed to the lore. :)

Kye

I'm an old Exalted player, so the system itself should be easy enough for me to navigate.  Just more the lore etc that I'd likely need some help with.  ;D

Blythe

Quote from: Kyrsa on August 08, 2018, 04:44:37 PM
I'm an old Exalted player, so the system itself should be easy enough for me to navigate.  Just more the lore etc that I'd likely need some help with.  ;D

Oh, the easy thing about lore is that since your character is newly(ish) Embraced, I won't have to catch you up on too much. The rest will be things your PC can learn in-game. ^^

People are welcome to run sample character ideas by me, if they'd like my input on ideas.  :-)

Cessali

This should be worthwhile.  I'll thumb through the books again and see if there's something that catches my attention in particular.

Nadir

Waldham

I read the world building thread.

I go to read the list of the recommended books.

See you soon !

Blythe

I'm pleased to see so much starting interest!  :D

I have edited the thread title to include the [EX] tag so people are a bit more aware of the game classification, as I know it is important to ensure people are well-informed about that sort of thing so it doesn't jump out at them or so they don't  accidentally sign on for something unexpected!

Cessali

I found the idea!  I'm already doubling in.  This will be great (and/or the best kind of awful).

Quick question: since all the characters are relatively new Embraces, do you prefer that we not be on Paths of Enlightenment at game start?

Blythe

Quote from: Jarick on August 08, 2018, 05:43:01 PM
Quick question: since all the characters are relatively new Embraces, do you prefer that we not be on Paths of Enlightenment at game start?

All PCs are required to be on Humanity at the game start, but you will have opportunities later to change to a Path. :)

Cessali

Ha, yes, that information is in the worldbuilding thread.

(Read it, folks, so you don't look like a doof like I did :V )

Geeklet

Definitely marking down interest. Maybe even already have the beginnings of a concept for a Ravnos AT.

Rummy Tum Tum

I'm thinkin of playing a fun-loving Lasombra: Sofia's incorrigible Childe and Isabella's ward (and self-proclaimed suitor) :D

Also, just to check, you can't make any Ability higher than 3 before freebies and experience come in, right?

Blythe

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 08, 2018, 06:39:05 PM
I'm thinkin of playing a fun-loving Lasombra: Sofia's incorrigible Childe and Isabella's ward (and self-proclaimed suitor) :D

Also, just to check, you can't make any Ability higher than 3 before freebies and experience come in, right?

Ooh, interesting!

And yes, that is correct!

Drowdeviant

*pounces on this*

INTEREST! xD

Might be looking at a Pander who manifests Serpentis along with one to two non-clan disciplines. Very likely they'll be confused why everyone tenses up when it turns out they have snek powers. Surely will be one of Isabella's brood of idiot fledglings since she seems like she could handle them if they accidentally frenzy and some small aspect of the serpent comes to the surface. xD

Hmm now what would they have been before being turned...*goes to think*
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Blythe

Quote from: Geeklet on August 08, 2018, 06:11:26 PM
Definitely marking down interest. Maybe even already have the beginnings of a concept for a Ravnos AT.

*intrigued, has never had someone play a Ravnos in a Sabbat game before*

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Blythe on August 08, 2018, 06:42:45 PM
Ooh, interesting!

And yes, that is correct!

Thank ya, thank ya :)

Oh, and I volunteer for pack priest too

Geeklet

Quote from: Blythe on August 08, 2018, 06:46:11 PM
*intrigued, has never had someone play a Ravnos in a Sabbat game before*

Thinking a traveling musician, on the run from something, when someone in the sabbat saw an opportunity for something special, and if not, well, hell, its still more cannon fodder.

Rummy Tum Tum

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 08, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

Well they'll have my little idiot to contend with when it comes to courting Isabella. No toucha the mistress! xD

...Would you need a pack ductus for your pack priest by chance? ;)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Blythe

To mention, since interest is now over 5 people, this means I will not be able to accept everyone, assuming everyone who has shown interest makes a sheet.

To be up front, Rummy Tum Tum currently has a reserved spot, as I specifically directed him to this from a Seeking GM thread. This is because I felt it would be rude to directly invite him and then not guarantee his place. Beyond this, the roster is up in the air.

I'm going to leave the interest check open probably about...a week or so? So people have 7 days to submit a sheet. I think this will be a good balance between giving people time to get a sheet done & getting off the ground promptly.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Drowdeviant on August 08, 2018, 07:03:15 PM
Well they'll have my little idiot to contend with when it comes to courting Isabella. No toucha the mistress! xD

...Would you need a pack ductus for your pack priest by chance? ;)

Haha, my guy takes all comers :P

'Course I would, though figuring out these roles will take a consensus

Kye

Leaning towards a Salubri at the moment.  That's the one I have the firmest concept for.