Firefly based rp OOC and IC are up.

Started by Merlyn, September 19, 2009, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

Ok, i put in my character thread. I did  think up one and assume a bit as to the how and why that I came to be on the ship. I hope that its ok.If not, I can change it.

jouzinka

I'll respectfully bow out. Hope you guys have a lot of fun. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

DrFier

The Firefly mythos seems like an interesting setting, mabye I'll join you guys.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Merlyn

It's perfectly fine Playfullchick.

jouzinka, no worries.  Sometimes things don't work out.  I hope you found, or find something better for yourself. :)

And DrFrier, the more the merrier.

Now as for our ship, and thank  you Blackflow for suggesting it, I believe it is a late model Trans U.  I say this because after rewatching the first episode, as Reaver ship that looks very similar shows up, and they say it's an early model Trans U.  So, I'm assuming the slight differences between the two are simply the result of redesign.  We are also going to assume that the side engines rotate, like on the firefly's, and it is going to start out unarmed.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Well I'd love to play no one took a Shepherd and damn it we need one, religion is very big if one didn't notice with the profession well regarded. She is attached to the made up version of the Roman Catholic Church and yes like the good old days they are big in the Alliance political power, money, spiritual authority and the like. The One True Church as far as they are concerned one of their traveling Shepherds to spread the One True Faith.

Gladiator0161

Ok, I posted my character in the OOC, his name is Darren Wilder and I put gun hand/laborer on the duties. I hope that's ok.

Chelemar

I have never seen Firefly, but the premise is very interesting.

I would be interested in playing.

Kate

Get the movie out hon.

It really is very entertaining :)

Its sci fi but not geeky (all are smugglers and quirky as hell - but all the characters are adorable)

Cythieus

It looks like this is going to be a really interesting game.

Kaiten

That it will.

As for the movie, I reccommend it in terms of fun, but not if you really are attached to the series, because the story pissed me off ;P

Kate

Kaiten

It's a good story, but I'm saying if you are attached to the series, then you can get pissed.

(I don't wanna give anything away, don't be mean Kate!  ::) )

playfullchick76

i enjoyed both.The movie serenity got my attention, and from that, I bought the series, and marvelled at it. We dont have to play it like the series.This is..after all, our roleplay.We use the series and movie for ideas and inspiration, but we dont have to follow the series to the letter.

Kaiten

I'm actually surprised we're using a Firefly, because I thought they were pretty rare and considered obsolete, which is why Mal was able to get Serenity pretty cheap.

Merlyn

The ship isn't actually a firefly.  I just am keeping with the name for the rp since it was the name of the series.  I believe it to be a Trans U, which is also obsolete, and would be cheap.  And the premise of our ship is much the same as the shows.  Archer was an Independent, who bought the ship at the end of the war.

And in case anyone is or was planning on watching the series on hulu.com the are dropping down to only having the first five episodes on the twenty sixth.

And I'll continue saying, the more the merrier. :)

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

playfullchick76

True, the more that join, the more input there is, and the more fun this will be.

Merlyn

Ons and Offs

Kate

Chelemar, rubyslippers, playfulchick ...

IC is up

soooo ... its time for the grace-of-gals :)

(my character cant post until first scene is done :)

( the thread is moving as faster than I ever expected !)