News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Jedi; It's A Type Of Cheese

Started by Nadir, February 18, 2009, 09:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

Darths And Droids is a very clever and amusing webcomic. It uses screenshots from the Star Wars films (in sequence) and the writers insert new dialogue, making it into a tabletop RP.

It copies the Lord Of The Rings version in that respect (which is here; DM of the rings) They are both brilliant!

Mnemaxa

I note the vision impaired transcript below the comic has a slight flaw.....

....it's in WRITING.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Avi

Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Oniya

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 18, 2009, 09:54:35 PM
I note the vision impaired transcript below the comic has a slight flaw.....

....it's in WRITING.

It's a little easier to enlarge typed fonts on a web page compared to fonts that are parts of images.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mnemaxa

Oh, is that what it is. ^_^  I thought I was just confused.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Oniya

I think there are also programs out there that 'read' web pages so that near-blind people can listen to them, but I could be mistaken. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

VandalSavage

Quote from: Oniya on February 18, 2009, 10:48:22 PM
I think there are also programs out there that 'read' web pages so that near-blind people can listen to them, but I could be mistaken. 

Interesting development on a related front.  Amazon integrated a new text-to-audio feature into their Kindle reader that audio book providers are up in arms about, as they claim - likely correctly - it would cut into their business.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: VandalSavage on February 18, 2009, 11:22:18 PM
Amazon integrated a new text-to-audio feature into their Kindle reader that audio book providers are up in arms about[/url], as they claim - likely correctly - it would cut into their business.

And the deaf community is starting to agitate over it...should be interesting. 

I share a webcomic full of fun and strangeness.  Don't be put off by the early artwork - it grows and develops as the characters do....

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com

HairyHeretic

Good comic.

Weird comic, but a good one.

Darths and Droids and DM of the Rings are both a lot of fun as well.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Your monks...
But monks can't wie--
Shsh, he'll take away the laser swords.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Funny ass stuff, I was especially ROFL at the Tomb of Horrors reference.  :)

Delta Echo

Oh yes. D&D is frackin' hilarious.  ;D

...of course, Schlock Mercenary is still better...
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Professor Loki Caprion

I cast "Summon Bigger Fish!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who follows Darths and Droids! :)

Order of the Stick is another good one, if you like all the gamer references thrown into Darths and Droids!
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Stattick

This is awesome... I've been reading and laughing my ass off...

Also, it's really pathetic that this parady makes more sense in places then the source material. Just check out panals 114 and 115... That's a story that I can actually buy.

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0114.html
O/O   A/A

HairyHeretic

I think their explanation for Jar Jar is pretty good.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Will

Yes, definitely.  They actually pointed out absurdities I had never even thought of... Turns out Phantom Menace was worse than I remembered.  XD
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Apple of Eris

It's rather sad that this thing is less stupid than the original.

Plus I stared at the begging and have been laughing at almost every panel. -THIS- is good writing. Lucas should take notes.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking