Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)

Started by Saikotsu, March 29, 2011, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

"ETA for Eintstein Station, five minutes captain," a young male navigator called out.
"Excellent. Open a comm channel with them ensign," the captain replied.
"aye aye captain," the young woman replied. On screen, a professional looking man in a port authority uniform appeared. The captain addressed the man with a cheerful tone. "Einstein station, this is captain Renault of the carrier, Gilded Gifthorse, requesting permission to dock at your colony."
"Captain Renault, your arrival is ahead of schedule. You are cleared to dock at bay 94.  Sending landing telemetry now...alright.  You're all set. Is there anything else we can assist you with," the man replied.
"Do you know where I could find several million dollars lying around," the captain joked, to which the port authority replied, "if I did, do you think I'd be working here?"
"I supposed not, though it was worth a shot. Have a nice day sir."
"And you as well." The comm channel cut off and the port authority disappeared.  "All hands, prepare for docking sequence," the captain ordered, to which the crew replied with a unanimous "Aye Aye sir!".
--------------------------------
Docking bay 72: United Planetary Federation private docks. 1800 hours
A loud click could be heard as the mech transportation container closed, concealing its special cargo. Inside was a rather dark looking mech that gave off a somewhat insidious air. In front of it, several soldiers stood at attention, as their commanding officer addressed them. "Alright gentlemen. Your assignment is simple. Guard this mech with your life. We'll be shipping it planetside soon, but until then, you are to treat it as your highest priority. I don't care what else happens, this mech is not to be approached by anyone with less than class A clearance, am I understood?"
"Yes sir," the soldiers replied.  "Good. Then carry on." The commanding officer walked off, and two of the soldiers turned to one another. "So Frank, isn't this the same model that the Black Knight used to pilot?"
"No, this is the more advanced model that replaced it. The higher ups believe there's a good chance he'll show up to try to take this one, so we've been assigned this babysittin job. Personally, I doubt he'll show up here. Why would he come to this particular station? Aside from the resource rich planet below, this station is as backwater as it gets."
"Regardless, we just have to make sure no one gets near it until it's time for it to ship out. We'd better get back to our posts before our CO finds us though."
------------------------
"---iel. CIEL.  Pay attention Ciel!"   Ciel jerked back to the present moment as her instructor dropped her own textbook onto the desk. "uh, Sorry bout that..." she replied sheepishly. Once again, she had drifted off without realizing it. "Ciel, explain to the class why Einstein station is neutral in the conflict between the United Planetary Federation and the Kurat Confederacy."
Ciel recited from memory, "in 2124, the UPF, the Confederacy, and the orbital colonies signed the treaty of Jupiter, granting the colonies substantial sovereignty on the condition of neutrality.  Should we become embroiled in the conflict, we would lose our neutrality status, and become fair game for either side."
"That is correct."
The bell rang, indicating the end of class.
"That wraps up today's class.  Don't forget to turn in your assignments this Friday, as they are a significant portion of your grade." Ciel quickly packed her stuff and departed for her house.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

As the commanding officer left his subordinates he passed what appeared to be a homeless man.
The man wore tattered black pants with several holes in the legs and an open hoodie which showed off his bandaged chest with a large bloodstain on the left side. The hood was pulled low and the sign next to him read:
'Injured in the war, spare some creds?'
The man's breathing was hindered a bit as he sat there looking quite out of it, as if he was just struggling to live long enough to get that medical procedure he needed to survive.
For now though it looked like he was surviving off of med packs with the change that was tossed in his cup.
The man's head was leaned down to the right and he was studying the guards, studying the upgrades to the mech they stole from him, trying to get a layout of the security in this area while still putting on a convincing act of pain.
The Black Knight was indeed planing to get back his mech, they had no right to force an Emergency Evacuation Launch during that battle and steal what he legally purchased.
Helios did return the military model he stole back to them, just that it was dropped into a military space station at speeds rivaling Halie's comet.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

"You know sometimes this bloody waiting period is unbearable.  I know we're supposed to stay on station and help out for a year beforewe get deployed into active duty, but doing chores all this time just feels like sitting around doing nothing to me."

Tanr was in the common area of the station talking with a bunch of the cadets that he tended to hang around with in his spare time.  All he really wanted at this point was to get off this station and explore the universe, but to do that he had to wait for all the mech acquisition paperwork to get through the works, hence the one year waiting period between graduation and active duty.  Suddenly his wrist comm that was given to him by the intelligence division beeped, signifying that he had received a message back in his quarters.

"Ohp looks like that's my cue, see you later guys and try to stay out of trouble."

After giving them his usual overly perky smile, he headed off to his room.  Unfortunately he hadn't decorated his room at all the whole time he'd been there.  Hehadn't seen the point since he would be leaving as soon as he was assigned his active duty.  He sat down at his computer and brought up the message.

"Hello Agent Tanr,
My name is Bob, I cannot tell you which military I am part of, nor can I tell you my position within it.  However you can be assured that I mean no malice.  I looked over your class records and have decided that you would be the perfect candidate to aide me in my endeavor.  As such I have had a very special mech assigned to you, it is highly xperimental and in need of some in action adjustments, which is where you come in.  Your orders from me are to take charge of this mech and to report to me on weekly intervals of its performance specifications.  I will review your reports and give you modifications to be made until we can get this mech to fully operational status.  The mech should be arriving to the station very soon, when it does arrive the head of the station should contact you to give you the appropriate security clearance to gain access to it as well as to tell you of your 'official' posting."

The rest of the message contained contact codes for Bob, and a few genearl safety notes about the mech.  Tanr sat there for a moment letting it sink in, unconciously letting his hand slide to the controls that would sound-proof his room.  As soon as his hand activated these controls he started jumping around, bouncing off the walls out of joy.

"I can't believe it finally an active posting, and a highly classified one at that it would seem!"
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly wiped a grimy sleeve across her forehead, leaving an oil smudge there for all to see.  She was wearing a dirty mechanics jumpsuit with numerous oil and grease stains on it from all the work she did. Her blondish brown hair was tied back to keep it out of the way. At 19, she was a bit of a prodigy, working as a freelance mechanic whose specialty was mecha systems.  Her current project, a banged up long range support type, had been one of her favorite jobs.  The mech's owner, a pilot by the name of Jesse, was a crack shot and longtime friend of hers. The two of them had gone to the academy together, and it was rumored that Jesse would be admitted into an exclusive special ops team, though she often dismissed such rumors as "ridiculous." 
"Hey kid, hows my baby?"
Razzly closed the panel she was working on and turned to the pilot with a grin.  "She should be as good as new.  Care to give her a spin?"
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

He gave himself a few minutes to calm himself down, after all classified missions had to be kept classified and if he were to remain overly excited he might accidentally let something slip about the mission and then he would be in trouble.  Once he had calmed down enough that he could keep under control he disengaged his rooms soundproofing feature, and decided to go take a walk around the hangar, well around the parts of the hangar he was authorized to be in until he received his new security clearance.  As he made his way into the hangar he noticed what appeared to be and old beggar, though why security would allow a civilian, especially a beggar, into the hangar was beyond him.  For now he simply made a mental note of it and proceeded up the stairs to the observation balcony.

From there he could see most of the hangar, including an odd box over at the hangar port near docking bay 72.  Must be a new acquisition for some lucky recruit.  Then it occured to him that it could possibly be his new mech, but for now he would wait for the station commander to call him before jumping to conclusions.  As he leaned on the railing and continued his scan he noticed one of the engineers finishing maintenance on a mech just as its pilot came up to her.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

DigitLninja

The injured solder remained at the compound for most of the day receiving some money to spend as he saw fit and eventually he rolled over and produced a medpack from his hoodie and began rubbing it on his wound.

This gave him the strength he needed to lift himself up and head off to some location where the military no longer had to worry about him.

The Black Knight moved into one of the bathrooms, all the while keeping up his act and once he was away from security cameras and in a stall he removed his bandages and changed his clothing using the portal for his mech hanger as a storage location for now as he put on a military flight suit and his helmet.

The advantages of this suit was that unless someone asked him to lower the blast shield on his helmet he would be considered just another recruit. The military unfortunately had his image on file but he had just as many tricks up his sleeve including a long list of names and ranks he could use as an alias among the military.

Recently he had transfer information for one of his many names registered for him to be transferred to this space station and placed on security duty for the military hangars. Today was officially the day that the 'injured solder' passed away and the rookie security guard was to arrive.

As he waited in the bathroom for a time someone walked in that was the spiting image of himself carrying the standard military duffel bag and once the door closed he removed his helmet and greeted Helios as an old friend would handing him the duffel and changing his outfit. Once the switch was made The Black Knight moved back out into the space port and headed for the rendezvous location.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Saikotsu

Jesse grinned, "you know it. In fact, I was going to suggest the same thing. Let's take the old princess for a spin."  She clambered up to the cockpit and pressed the hatch release, gaining entry into the mech itself.  The mech was designed to be operated solo, but it had a secondary seat for the spotter.  As a long range support mech, it usually fell into the role of sniper or artillery, with a secondary role as operational command.  Jesse was positively glowing, as she sat in the spotters seat, leaving the pilots seat open. "Well, come on, time's a wastin' Razzly!"

---------------------------------------------
Aboard the Gilded Gifthorse:

"Docking procedures complete sir!"
"Excellent," replied Captain Renault as he pressed a button on his captains chair that brought up the ships intercom.  "Attention all crewmembers. We have completed docking procedures.  Those of you who do not have other duties may now take shoreleave.  Everyone else, attend to your duties with the same enthusiasm this ship is known for.  I expect great things from you in the coming hours. Dismissed."
---------------------------------------------
While Tanr watched the exchange between Razzly and Jesse, his wrist comm began to beep. Shortly afterwards, a text message indicated that a mech had passed the security screening and was to be picked up by him in sector 9. Conveniently, a map was provided with the message indicating the quickest route to that area.  According to the directions, he'd want to use the tran-lines from the hangers to sector 5, and then from sector 5, take a short trip to sector 6.  From there, he could board a tran line to sector 9, a few blocks from his destination.
-------------------------
As Helios exited the bathroom, a young woman bumped into him, obviously too much in a hurry to notice him. "oof. Sorry, " she said gruffly, not taking the time to see if he was mad or not. She turned to leave and began to hurry off once more. 
(DigitLninja, roll a spot check. 1D20 + any bonuses to spot)
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly was stunned when Jesse got into the spotters seat and told her to get in. "B-b-b-but I've never piloted a mech before! I'll probably crash it. Besides, I'm not done with the Ice Princess yet."
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

DigitLninja

Roll Result: The Black Knight rolled: 1d20
Comment: Spot Check
Result: 18
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

"c'mon Razzly! It's about time you learn to pilot one of these things.  I'll show you the ropes, so come on and get inside that pilots chair," encouraged Jesse. "Besides, didn't you say that she was as 'good as new?'"

-------------------------------
As the woman rushed past him, Helios noticed that she had a standard issue pistol.  What was strange about it was that it was holstered in such a way as to be difficult to notice. Not only that, her pistol was the kind often favored by confederate soldiers and it also had a silencer attached to it.

-----------------------
Ciel came to her senses in the locker-room where she had been changing out of her uniform.  She couldn't tell how long she'd been in there, but it was embarrassing to find herself only half dressed. There hadn't been anyone in there when she started changing, and there was no one in there now, so she hoped no one had walked in on her during that time.  "at least I'll grow out of this stage eventually. Epileptics are stuck living like this all the time," she commented as she finished getting dressed. "Alright, time to head home. I hope I'm not too late!" 
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

"Okay then," Razzly replied, not sounding too confident. It was true that she wanted to pilot it, and she didn't have any other jobs today. Might as well learn how sometime, she figured.  She clambered up, a bit unseemly at first, but eventually getting it right.  She stepped into the somewhat spacious cockpit and marveled at the controls. "How in the world am I going to pilot this thing," she asked as she settled into the pilots seat. It felt almost welcoming, as if she were meant to be in it. The controls felt worn and weathered in her grip, like a familiar weapon, or more aptly, like her favorite wrench, which in a few cases had been used as a weapon. She was tempted to call the Ice Princess 'old friend' but that seemed wrong. This wasn't her mech, it belonged to Jesse. Yet she couldn't help but feel as if this mech was resonating with her on a spiritual level.

DigitLninja

Damn, something was going to go down here and soon, that means he would have to make sure no one else was trying to steal his mech as well as preparing to to leave this station before the fireworks began to go off.

The hardest part was that his best option was to inform the military of the potential threat and let them take care of it, but considering his current role as a private rank, noticing something like that would be well above his capabilities and he would be speaking out of turn.

Damn, this simple task was quickly becoming an issue as his mind began to work on possible reasons for the confederacy to even be in this location. Oh... there was another possibility.

If the confederacy had found out his mech was here and planed to take it, then when they cause a commotion, he could make his private character look like a hero defending the mech, and as dictated by protocol launching the mech to prevent the theft would literally allow for him to take it without an issue and be gone by the time the military figured out they had been tricked... twice.

Then again, the confederacy might be here for something else entirely, trying to take a foothold in a neutral location was a good idea for them. The tension of providing both sides with mech bays and military cache's might be high but the neutral party would make more than enough profit off of them both to fund the station for a century or two.

Damn, too many thoughts he needed to keep his composure as he joined his fellow soldiers at the rendezvous point and placing his duffel bag down and sat in silence waiting for the commander to arrive and give him orders.

The private pretended to be nervous, leaning forward with his hands clasped in front of him with his elbows resting on his knees, as if defending himself from some invisible force.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

"Well that message came quicker than I expected, Although I have to admit I thought the station commander would give me this message in person.  Hmm maybe he'll be waiting for me at the hangar.  Though I think I should talk to security about that civilian before I get on my way."

He watched as the mechanic accepted the ivitation from the mechs pilot and climbed in the cockpit, then turned toward the nearest security station on the way to the tran line, which happened to be right at the exit of the hangar, not a minute away.  He stepped in the office and spoke to the officer on duty while holding a salute the whole time.

"Pardon me sir, I was on my way to an assignment and I thought I should bring something to your attention before I head on my way.  Upon entering the mech hangar not more than a half hour ago I walked by what appeared to be a civilian, albeit an old, decrepit civilian in the hangar entryway.  I'm not sure if he was authorized to be there or not, but I thought I should bring it to your attention."

Saikotsu

"so, are we going to get moving, or are you going to keep fondling her," Jesse commented with a smirk.  "The controls are simple.  It's like a video game controller, the left joystick controls horizontal movement, the right stick controls looking around. And if you want to pause the game, just push start. just kidding, there is no start button. It'd be cool if there was one though..."

----------------------------
One of the other soldiers in the group nudged Helios using his duffel bag. "Hey, look alive rookie, the commander's here."  One of the other soldiers whispered, "right about now, it pays to be the strong silent type." Another rookie looked at him strangely, not getting the out-of-context reference.  As the commander stood before the recruits, the nervous chatter subsided. "All right men, look alive. You'll be engaging in a mock battle against beta company. The opposing forces are composed of mostly infantry units, and we've received word they may or may not have a mech.  The mock battle is to take place at the academy's battle grounds. Now get to it!"

The officer looked up from his paperwork. "An old decrepit civilian? probably that old war veteran I've been hearing about.  Carry on, I'll see to it the situation is handled appropriately. Oh, and we appreciate your vigilance soldier."
- a friend

DigitLninja

The new recruit stood at full attention when the superior officer arrived, though his feet where a little to far apart and his elbow wasn't high enough. It was almost too easy to play this part as he had lived it already.

That's when the bad news arrived, he would be placed into a battle and there was no way in hell his superiors wouldn't be monitoring the mock battle. It would be incredibly hard for him to give orders or take orders and not suggest a strategy that would work better, he was going to have to help his team win while simultaneously making him look like a fool and a hero.

Being Spec Ops meant that he was the go to guy for backup plans and thinking on the fly, it also meant that if he showed too much of his abilities they would find him to be suspicious. The other goal was that he would have to take down the mech for his team that would be the only way they could actually win.
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

"Always glad to be of service!"

With that Tanr turned back around and went out the door.  He took a moment to remind himself where he was in terms of the station layout, glancing once more at the mech hangar before turning to the map on his wrist comm.  He needed to get to sector 5 via the tran lines for the first part of the directions, he also took the moment to check the entirety of his trip.  Of course sector 9 displayed no schematics, since it was the High security portion of the station, as such he imagined he would have to check in with security there to find out where to go once he got there.  With that all planned out heturned to the nearby tran in the station and climbed aboard.

Undercov3rL0ver

"Left moves, right looks around, got it," Razzly replied, easing forward on the joystick. The mech took a few tentative steps forward, and a nervous thrill ran through her.  "wow.  It's actually moving. I'm making the ice princess move forward...." She began gathering speed, and confidence as she went, and approached the exit of the hangar.  "Alright, so where are we headed?"

Saikotsu

"where are we headed? Why, to the firing range of course.  We gotta make sure all the systems are in proper order," replied Razzly's passenger.  "Besides, I needed to head over that direction for an assignment anyway."
-----------------------
Einstein colony had many tran lines dispersed throughout itself.  Transports, often called trans, were the lifeblood of the station, as they were the quickest, safest, and cleanest(environmentally at least) means of getting around.  The tran that Tanr had just boarded was one of the newly refurbished trans, one which had been fixed up by none other than "Dr. Tran" himself, the well renowned Tran repair specialist, who was rumored to be an "actual doctor". Regardless, the tran still had that "new tran" smell.

The tran was sparsely occupied with very few individuals riding it, odd since it was still the height of rush hour. There was a middle aged couple, chatting about unspecific things, a young teenager with her younger brother, an old man reading a newspaper, and a man who was leaning back against the bench wearing a hat to cover his face. It looked like he was taking a nap between stops. 
As Ciel moved to leave the lockeroom, she took note of her appearance in a mirror.  She was quite self conscious about her appearance because she looked incredibly young for her age, even for an Animus.  She could almost pass off as a human because her hair color was red, though that trait had almost died off in humans. It was even rarer for someone to have red hair amongst the Animus, because the overseers had systematically attempted to weed out certain genetic traits in the Animus, to make them easily distinguishable from humans.  Traits that were common in humans regarding eye and hair color were uncommon in Animus, and vice versa.  Thus her violet eyes, while not as common as crimson, weren't all that unusual for her species.  The combination of red hair with violet eyes caused her to be seen as odd by both species though, and her slow maturation had also been noted. On the other hand, she'd entered the pre-vessel stage at a much younger age than most Animus. All in all, in her knee length skirt and over sized sweatshirt, she looked awkward and gangly, much like a pre-teen.  She hated it.  In a huff, she left the lockeroom and walked down the corridor with hurried steps, eager to get outside and onto her scooter.
Meanwhile, the cargo freighter, Veklarung, had just reached the edge of Einstein colony's sensor range. Aboard the freighter, numerous pilots were chomping at the bit to get some action...
- a friend

cmpuncle

Tanr took quick stock of the interior of the tran he was on.  He saw all the people that were on the tran but for some reason he felt drawn to the guy napping with his hat pulled down.  With cat like grace and speed, he bounded into the air and grabbed the bar overhead of the napping guy so that he hung from it in such a way that his face was mere inches from the sleepers.  Once in position he simply stared at the guys face, seeing if he would wake up.

Undercov3rL0ver

"Well that makes sense" Razzly replied as she maneuvered the mech to head towards the firing range.  "Are you sure I'm not going to get into trouble for this?  I mean, I'm piloting government property am I not?"

Saikotsu

Jesse's reply to Razzly was a bout of raucous laughter.  "Ah, Razzly, always worrying about the rules.  Don't worry, you won't get into trouble.  As a matter of fact, you are currently piloting my personal mech. If you want proof, I've got the paperwork right here.  The old princess was slotted for disposal, so I bought her.  It's a bit unusual for the government to sell something like this, but I got authorization from above, and used my considerable bonus to pay her off.  Unfortunately, she won't be mine for much longer," Jesse said with a wistful glint in her eyes as she stared out the cockpit, as if this would be her last time doing so.

-------------------------
The soldiers loaded onto a military tran that would take them to the mock battle.  As Helios and the soldiers near him got close to the entrance of the tran, one of the new recruits cracked his knuckles. "Alright, I'm looking forward to getting some action!" he said, full of the youthful enthusiasm only found amongst those not initiated into combat.
-----------------------
After a few minutes, of doing absolutely nothing different, the sleeper finally spoke up. "What do you want,  cat, can't you see I'm trying to take a nap here?" Aside from the fact that he had spoken, he seemed to still be fast asleep, and had not moved a muscle since Tanr had boarded the Tran.
----------------------------
"Sir, all preparations for Operation Birthday are in order!"
Captain Renault turned, a cheerful grin on his face.  "Excellent, and ahead of schedule no less.  Head to your station, we commence the operation in five minutes."
"Aye Aye, captain."
the captain smiled.  "Time to go wrap my present," he muttered to himself as he came to the bridge-elevator.  Once inside, he pushed the button for "hangar access"
- a friend

cmpuncle

Tanr frowned at not having gotten the kind of response he had hoped for.  His ears flattened against his head as though he had just been disciplined.

"Aww man I was hoping you would respond in a more exciting fashion...."

At this point the tran arrived at Sector 5 and the doors slid open,  heturned to the sleeping man as he left, waving, "See ya later party pooper" oddly enough he already seemed back to his usual cheerful self, as he left the tran skipping towards the next tran along his route.

DigitLninja

The Black Knight did his best to remain quiet as they headed toward the mock battle zone. Spec Ops. tended to be that way always calculating and rarely speaking to there comrades, however when the other new recruit had said that he was excited he responded with the conditioned response of a 'hoo rah!' along with everyone else.

It was always rather easy for him to play someone else when he needed to, it's what made him one of the best and one of the worst enemies of the military. Helios could only be himself when he was sitting in his mech.

They where moments from arriving at the battle ground location and he lifted his duffel and moved closer to the Tran door.
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly was incredulous. This was still a high performance machine, with many more years left in her.  Why would the government scrap her? Furthermore, she couldn't believe that they'd be so willing to sell military weaponry to Jesse, even if she was a soldier.  Razzly maneuvered the mech into an unoccupied firing bay at the range, and parked it.  "Okay, let me see that paperwork.  I mean, seriously, the military doesn't just sell used, high-end weaponry to just anyone. If you were a country, or a corporation, then I might believe that, but you're just a soldier. And what's this about it not being yours for much longer? Do they want her back?"

Saikotsu

As Tanr and his fellow passengers debarked the tran, the man couldn't help but smile.  That one....he's so much like her, yet so different.   The tran doors closed and the tran was on its way.  Lazily standing up, as if still half asleep, the man began walking down the aisle.  The car was now deserted, save for him, and he took the opportunity to accomplish his mission.  He opened an overhead compartment and pulled out a small duffel bag. Inside was the device he was to deploy on the tran, as well as a remote to activate it.  He pulled out the device and unceremoniously dropped it on the floor.  The device righted itself, and mechanical probes extended out of the bottom and pierced the floor.  Those probes would be connecting to the trans internal communications network and computer systems.  The man pocketed the remote and moved into the next car.  There were five individuals inside, and none of them paid much mind to the newcomer.  His hat still covering his eyes, the man declared, "you attention please! You will all get off at the next stop if you know what's good for you!"  One of the passengers, an athletic looking man, possibly former soldier, regarded the man with suspicion. "And if we don't?!" 
A small smile crept across the newcomers face. "Well then, you won't be able to get off the tran at all.  I've planted a device that will take over this trans systems, and turn it into a mobile emp signal.  Once the device has accomplished its purpose, it will blow up this tran.  However, we of the Kurat Confederacy are not inhuman monsters, we will allow you the opportunity to leave before that happens!" 
"YOU BASTARD!" The athletic man yelled as he charged at the stranger.  It looked as if he was going to punch him really hard, but at the last second, something happened, too quickly for anyone to see.  Suddenly, he was doubled over, with his opponents fist in his gut.  A small flash was all that indicated something happened as the man was thrown back toward the other passengers, alive but obviously in pain.  "Take my advice.  This is a well planned tactical strike.  We wish to have as few casualties as possible during the liberation of this colony, but we will not hesitate to kill those that get in our way.  Anyway, it looks like we're about to reach our stop," he said quietly. 
-----------------------------
Meanwhile, the woman that had brushed past Helios was standing in front of a security console.  The two soldiers who were supposed to be manning it were lying unconscious on the floor.  Suddenly, one of the monitors started indicating that attentions was required. On the live feed, she saw her compatriot dealing with a situation on the tran.  She silenced the alarm, and planted her own device into the communications port.  Now, all security breaches would have to be reported through this console, which she was thoroughly in control of at the moment.  She took a moment to seal the room, and then initiated the lockdown sequence in all the barracks.  The soldiers and pilots would be unable to respond to an emergency now.  She used the terminals own communications port to contact her commanding officer. "Sir, birthday candle 2 is lit. Awaiting orders."
------------------------------
Jesse shook her head. "perhaps this will explain a bit better." She handed Razzly the documentation proving the change of ownership, as well as a piece of paper indicating the satisfactory transition of ownership from Jesse to Razzly.  "The reason it won't be mine for much longer, is that it is now YOURS, Razzly."  She pulled something out of her pocket and grabbed Razzlys arm. She brought the item into contact with Razzly's arm, sending a stunning pulse into her, temporarily paralyzing her.  "Sorry to do this to you old friend.  I guess I should explain everything while I still have the chance.  This station is about to come under attack by Ragnarok. They are a bunch of mercenaries hired by the UPF to attack this station.  Their mission is to take over the place, so that the UPF can then liberate it from their control.  The mercenaries don't know that part though.  You're probably wondering how I know this.  Well, the UPF blackmailed me into it being their double agent.  I'm giving you this mech so that you'll have a chance at survival. I won't be needing it where I'm going, they're giving me a new one.  But more than anything, I want you to survive.  Hate me if you want, but please understand, I had little choice. They have my family. Maybe, when all this is over, you and I could finish this discussion, perhaps even laugh about it. But if not, I will understand.  Just remember, my dearest friend, I want you to live."  With her parting words said, Jesse leaned over and kissed her friend on the lips.  "Good bye Razzly. Let's hope that we never have to face one another in battle."  She pushed the button to open the cockpit and jumped down, running to her rendezvous point.
---------------------------------
The tran door opened and the soldiers began moving out into the staging area of the academy's battlegrounds. There was an individual who was obviously of higher rank standing there.  "Alright, boys, this is a live fire exercise. Keep your heads down, watch each others six, and don't be a hero.  Your mission is to defeat Bravo company.  They're already deployed and entrenched, so you've got an uphill battle ahead of you. Now get your gear ready and head out!"
-------------------
Meanwhile, a stealthed mech in the distance was observing the entirety of the battlefield from far away.  It was still too early to make its move, but when it did, it was going to be spectacular.
- a friend