Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)

Started by Saikotsu, March 29, 2011, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly only hesitated a moment before nodding her head. "Count me in. My mech specializes in stealth. Though, are you sure you don't have a more qualified soldier who could do this? I'm just a mechanic with a cool mech. I'm not trained for this kind of thing."
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

"Don't worry you'll have me along, and I assure you despite my demeanor I am every bit the soldier I've been trained to be, although I will have to warn you my mech is highly experimental and highly classified, so I will have to ask that anything you see or learn about in regards to it must be kept under 'lock and key' so to speak."
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly raises an eyebrow. For such an odd soldier to be the pilot of a highly experimental and classified mech just seemed funny for some reason, but then again, so did assigning a mechanic to a covert ops mission.  "Fair enough. So long as you don't go blabbering about my mech to anyone either, my lips are sealed. While not classified, the circumstances regarding my possession of it, well....let's just say they're unusual.  So, Cali, what are we up against, and why us?"

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

UndercoverUncle:
Cali seems pleased by your responses and begins to pace the room like a general addressing his troops.  "Excellent. However, before I can answer your question, there is something I need to tell you. As of yesterday evening, both the UPF and the Kurat Confederacy appealed to have the colonies stripped of their neutrality. During the attack of a few days ago, a group of people known as The Forgotten rose up to fight off the threat.  The Forgotten are refugees from the war who wish to have nothing to do with either side.  They live in the underbellies and infrastructure of the orbital colonies, ensuring the continued operation of the colonies in exchange for an anonymous life of freedom.  They are a ragtag bunch, but highly devoted to their homes. However, when armed members of the Forgotten entered the fray yesterday, they saved the colony in exchange for letting their existence be known.  This came at a great cost to us, because now we are accused of harboring a hidden army, a direct violation of our neutrality cause.  That's where you come in. Tanr is still affiliated with station security, and you my dear, are a simple mechanic who happens to possess a modified UPF mech."  Cali pauses for a moment to let the impact of her words sink in. Being an AI-like entity had it's advantages, long-windedness among them.  A slight gesture of her hand brings down a screen displaying a tactical map. On it, an excavation site down on the planet is displayed.  "According to the intel gathered by the both of you, and corroborated by our spies on the ground, we have reason to believe that they are excavating an ancient, alien weapon here.  The confederacy was willing to invade us in order to destroy it, and the UPF was willing to hire mercenaries to purge the colony.  Any questions so far?"
----------------------------------------
DigitLninja:
The first thing you discover in the report is that there ACTUALLY IS a password.  She said otherwise on the radio so that if it was intercepted, you'd be able to catch a spy or two.  The password is "White Fox". Furthermore, the pictures of two men and their associated mechs are displayed, along with information on stolen credentials they might be using. They are believed to be armed with silenced weaponry, though this is not confirmed as of yet. Information on suspected hideouts and confirmed transmission sites are also listed and displayed with a convenient map. It is believed that the two spies are working with the UPF, though an asterisk indicates that there MAY be reason to believe that they're using that as a cover to frame the UPF and instead work for the Confederates. You have your work cut out for you. What do you do next?
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

Helios looked up the name of the planet or station he would have to be landing on, he had at least one contact on every known planet or station that could give him a secure landing zone, each of these friends knew that Helios had enough blackmail material on them to ruin there lives, and he kept his files updated thanks to Ty.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

"No questions from me, that all pretty much makes sense so far."

Hopefully if they could get to the bottom of this they could convince the two sides that the station was still neutral.  He would hate for the colony to end up right in the middle of a conflict that would undoubtedly cause massive damage if not completely destroy the station.  After all he had lived here his whole life it had become his home.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Undercov3rL0ver

"I have one but I think I'll wait, you'll probably cover it when you continue the briefing."

Saikotsu

Cmpuncle/Lady Bug
"Very well then.  A full scale assault is wholly beyond our means. Destroying the weapon with our current equipment and forces would be next to impossible, even if it were undefended.  That's why I want you to buy us some time.  Our spies on the ground have indicated that the excavation is currently taking place within a large, semi-natural cavern, located here." She focuses the tac-chart on the location and several high-res images of the site appear. The weapon itself looks like a giant machine with several cannons and unknown parts. From the looks of the site, the weapon is almost fully excavated. "Every few hours, the excavation teams switch out and undergo a detox shower to cleanse themselves of the harmful radiation coming off the weapon.  We'd like to strike when the teams are being switched out. You'll have several hours to infiltrate the excavation facility, but only a 15 minute window to collapse the cavern on the weapon. The outer hull of the weapon can not be damaged by any known weapon in our arsenal, so we have reason to believe that collapsing the cave on top of it should leave it intact, while delaying the excavation indefinitely. The key to this operation will be extraction.  Once you've caused the cave to collapse, the entire facility will be on high alert.  I can not stress how important it is that you two not get caught.  In fact, we'd rather you not be seen at all. Make it look like an accident if at all possible. To that end, our spies have created some "diversions". This will hopefully draw attention away from you and enable you to complete the mission and get out without anyone noticing."
--------------------------------
DigitLninja:
Most of their activity has been within Einstein colony itself, however Intel believes that they've been using an abandoned facility in the nearby asteroid belt as a base of operations. 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

cmpuncle

"Well if we expect the facility to be on high alert AFTER we collapse the roof, then the key is to cause the collapse from the outside thus eliminating the need for extraction.  If we can get some sort of explosive that can be detonated remotely, then all we need do is get at least one of us in, if the other can't get in we can leave them as backup.  Plant the explosives and then get out of their before we blow them.  Are there any remote explosives available to us for this?"

DigitLninja

"Ty, bring up a list of current members of this facility, if we can't find a secure landing zone than we will have to come in silent and I'll have to do a little space walk to reach the location."

"As you wish."
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Undercov3rL0ver

Saikotsu

Cmpuncle/ladybug
Cali shakes her holographic head. "We ourselves lack any remote charges, however there should be some on-site. The excavation teams have made use of them suring the dig. It might be possible to make use of those. it could certainly be made to look like an accident too... i reccommend you take into account the fuel the machine uses." Another picture appears, this time of a cluster of crystals. "This is Tiberium, a type of substance with some really nasty properties. It's quite handy for powering mechs and energy weapons though. Id avoid it if at all possible, especially the blue variety. Highly unstable and quite explosive. That could also be used to cause the cave in, if one were so inclined..."

- a friend

cmpuncle

Tiberium is present in this dig site?!  He had done a quick study of the crystals since one of the reactors Sarge had was a tiberium reactor, and that quick run through had definitely confirmed how volatile the crystals could be.  If they could find some of the blue crystals while there, preferrably even within the weapons reactor, they could possibly at the very least damage it greatly while also causing a cave-in.  That was certainly a strategy to keep in mind.

"Alright that could possibly make this work even better, I'll have to keep it in mind."

Undercov3rL0ver

"Wouldn't this be considered an act of war? If your precious neutrality is so important, why risk it with an operation like this? It just seems to me that antagonizing the upf will bite us in the ass later," Razzly said with obvious concern.