Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)

Started by Saikotsu, March 29, 2011, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undercov3rL0ver

With the hand clamping over her mouth, she wasn't able to respond, so she just nodded her head. The fact that she was currently naked with a gun at her back didn't bode well. For now though, her best option would be to cooperate with the unknown assailant.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

DigitLninja

"Thank you for your assistance Cali I will see to it that these cods are input right away and inform the Master when he wakes up."
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Saikotsu

Cmpuncle:
The device comes to life, displaying the stations AI, Cali.  "Hey. The communications relay was damaged in the recent battle so I had to resort to these unorthodox methods. I was hoping we might be able to debrief you on what happened yesterday. The sooner the better. "
------------------------------
Undercover:
The womans tone changes, ever so slightly. "Good. Be warned, my gun has a silencer. Should you try anything funny or try to call for help, I will shoot you, and no one will come running. You're going to put on your clothes, SLOWLY. Before you put on anything though, you will show it to me, so I know there are no concealed weapons. You will empty out any pockets and kick the items away from you. Now throw the towel over there. I hate to do this to you, honestly I do, cooperate with me and this will all be over soon. Do it now."
---------------------------------
DigitlNinja:
Cali returns her attention to Ty. "You're welcome.  Also, when he wakes up, I'd like to speak with him. I may have a mission for him, if he's interested in making a bit of money."
--------------------------------
Cherise and Silas enter the hangar, unimpeded. Two mechs stand awaiting an able pilot on the ground level.  One mech was obviously a two seater, and the other for a single occupant.  "I like the looks of the big one," Silas comments. Cherise grins, "Ooh. I call co-pilot seat with you!"
The two of them run down the catwalk to the open cockpit and jump inside, closing the hatch and initiating the startup sequence. [ Can you guys read me?]
"Loud and clear Captain."
[ Good. I'm opening the hangar bay doors. Prepare for anything. I'll be down shortly to claim the other mech. Sending telemetry to the mechs...now. Out ]
Sure enough, the doors opened, revealing an air-tight field keeping the atmosphere within the hangar and the cold wastes of space out.  Navigational data began scrolling across Cherise' console.  "Looks like all we have to worry about are the Asteroids."
Silas shook his head, 'no, that would be too easy. More likely, they're using the asteroids to masque their signatures, As soon as we exit, they'll ambush us. Bring all weapons online, and set the shields to 50%. "
"This mech doesn't have shields Silas."
"What? Well whatever, shields are for novices that can't dodge. "

Renault enters the hangar bay, but the hangar bay doors begin to close just as he enters the cockpit of the other mech. [Get out there. I'll blast my way out if I have to. ]
"But Captain!"
"Roger that. See you on the other side Renault."
[Back at ya Silas. Thanks again for the assist. When we get back to the gifthorse, the drinks are on me. ]
"Silas?!"
Silas resolutely engages the mechs thrusters and blasts through the still open doors seconds before they fully close. As expected, the mech is immediately pounded by enemy fire.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

"Oh sorry about the firewalls, never can be too careful."  He disengaged the comm device from Sarge's system, and switched the transmission over to a headset so he could continue working on Sarge while talking.  "Go ahead I'm gonna keep working while you talk."
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly complied with the womans demands and tosses the towel to the side.  She grabs her panties and displays them, "my underwear. No weapons in them, at least not yet," she says with subtle innuendo. She quickly puts them on, not happy to be watched dressing. "and here's the little pink bra I wear," she says, once again showing off her underwear before putting it on. If the womans goal was to humiliate her, it was working.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

DigitLninja

"I will inform him. Good bye Cali."

Ty moved the codes into the databanks and began to unlock the weapon she had granted them.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Saikotsu

Ninja:
Nothing disturbs the quiet tranquility of the empty hangar Helios is in, that is, until his wristcomm begins to beep.
------------------------------------------------
Undercover:
The woman behind Razzly seems to be getting impatient. "Alright, next is your uniform. empty it out first." She seems to be under the impression that you are a soldier.  "What the, what's going on?!"
The woman turns to see a soldier exit out of the showers. It's the woman who greeted Razzly before. She raises her gun to fire at the woman, who realizing the danger starts to run behind cover.
Cmpuncle:
"Actually, I was hoping you'd tell us what happened in the security dome last night. Thanks to you, we were able to capture the enemy pilot and we're analyzing the remnants of his mech right now. I figure you'll be more cooperative with us than he will," replies the AI's voice in your headset. 
-----------------------------------
The FIRE encroaches on the girls position even further, too close for comfort.
"It's....my fault...."
"Yes, it's your fault.  You burned this forest. You're the reason for this FIRE," an angry voice shouts from within the FIRE
"But I....."
"It's your fault! This is the remnants of your soul!"
"My soul...."
"Are you a fucking idiot?!"
"But...."
"Can't you even accept responsibility?!"
"That's enough! Can't you see she's suffering?!" says a more compassionate voice from somewhere.
"HA! She's suffering?! WE'RE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF HER! She's the one who let herself be consumed by rage and grief. She's the one who wielded her power in anger. She deserves to die here in the flames of her own making!"
"I....deserve....to die?!"
"YES! Just wither away here and burn! Burn like the rest of us!"
"Don't listen to them!"
"But I..."
"DIE!"
"SHUT UP!"
"but...I don't want to die....."
Cruel laughter echoes from within the FIRE, full of bitterness and venom. A laugh born of pure scorn, with nary a trace of joy or warmth. The laugh of a demon, of a psychopath. The laugh of one whose heart is tainted by evil.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

DigitLninja

Helios sat up with the sound of his communicator buzzing and he pressed the button to open communications, sleeping in a helmet was not unusual for him.

"Yes, how may I help you?"
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

"Well it was really more thanks to one of the initial enemy mechs who seemed to turn on the second mch which appeared here.  With Sarge being highly experimental not to mention it having been the first time I've piloted him I did little more than distract him while the gold mech took him down.  Before the second mech showed up I had a talk with the pilot and I kept a record of it."  He typed a few commands into Sarge and in not time a copy of the conversation was transmitted to Cali.  "Also the second mech eemed to have a highly unstable reactor, either that or the reactor became unstable because of a highly unstable pilot, I'm not entirely sure which."
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Undercov3rL0ver

Instinctively, Razzly decides to grab her wrench from her uniform which she was about to put on and tackle the woman with the gun.

Roll Result: Undercov3rL0ver rolled: 1d20, adding -3to the total
Comment: Tackle assailant.
Result: 14,
Total: 11

Saikotsu

The assailant didn't get the chance to shoot the woman because Razzly was able to make it in time and tackle her. The gun slides away as she drops it. She is momentarily stunned at the sudden reversal of the situation giving Razzly a chance to do something. 
Roll Result: Saikotsu rolled: 1d20
Comment: tackle defense
Result: 7,
Total: 7

Cmpuncle:
Cali analyzes the data and gasps.  "I see. So that's why the Confederacy would risk attacking a neutral colony. Buy why is Ragnarok involved... Tanr, I will need to speak with the council about this. In actuality, his reactor should have been stable, but he handled it improperly.  I heard rumors that Omada Mechyards had perfected a reactor that makes use of the natural abilities of Animus, but it seems that he did not have his "vessel" with him to control it. Either that, or he wasn't an animus.  Essentially, he activated a set of systems in his mech he couldn't possibly hope to control by himself in the hopes of taking you and the other pilot out. An incredibly risky gamble, with a possible outcome you and the other pilot managed to avoid. As for the pilot, he is being held in a detention cell.
----------------------------------
Ninja:
The signal cuts out as you reply.  The systems in your helmet indicate an approximate position of the signals origin 300 feet above you, which would be on a higher floor. 
- a friend

DigitLninja

"Ty, trace that signal and fire up the Cascade... I want to know what's going on. Oh and be discreet about the trace."

"Yes Master, You should know that we have been given a code to unlock one of our weapons, the (insert) has been open to us."

"That's good news."
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

"Well if thats the case then I am most certainly glad things ended the way they did, if they hadn't I guess I may not be standing here now."  He continued making the adjustments on Sarge having Flare monitor the system results to make sure the systems accepted the modifications.  "Not to be rude or anything but is that all you wanted or was there something more?  Again I don't mean to be rude but I'm currently in the process of following orders from my commanding officer, and I always carry out my orders as quickly as possible."

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly took the opportunity to attempt to pin the woman down and get a good look at her.

Roll Result: Undercov3rL0ver rolled: 1d20
Comment: pin down.
Result: 12,
Total: 12

Saikotsu

Undercover:
The woman is dressed in a janitors uniform, with blond hair and startling blue eyes.  Though you don't know it, she is the woman that Helios ran into earlier, who later went on to take over the communications relay.  "Hmmhmmhmm. I had no idea my "would be prisoner" was into this sort of thing," she says huskily, in an attempt at distracting you as she tries to become unpinned. "Don't move or I shoot!"  The woman from before is now holding your assailants gun pointed at her head.  "At this range it'd be REAL hard to miss, so I wouldn't try anything lady. Are you alright over there," the woman who just came out of the shower asks, directing the question at you without taking her eyes off the intruder.
(GM: you know, originally I hadn't planned on going this direction with you.)
-----------------------------------------------
Cmpuncle:
"That'll be all for now.  Give my regards to the General for me will ya," Cali says with a wink. Her hologram shrinks into the projector as if sucked down a drain.  Apparently she knows of General Bob, though what she knows is a question for another day.
------------------------------------------------
Ninja:
The trace detects the transmission was coming from an individual who was using burst transmission. Hard to trace, but not impossible. Ty detects that the intended recipient and the transmitting individual are running off in opposite directions.  You could possibly catch one of them, but not both. They're both in areas where the Cascade wouldn't be able to fit, so you'd have to follow by foot.
Note that Cali said the codes you installed are partial, and they unlock something to do with your blasters. You'll have to dig up the other portion of the codes to fully unlock that potential. You might be able to rummage through UPF mech codes to get it, or you could try your luck hacking a database. 
-----------------------------------
Attacks from all different directions slam into the stolen mech despite Silas' best efforts to dodge. "Cherise, what's taking so long!"
"The weapons systems are password protected.  Maybe they were worried about a young recruit getting the brilliant idea to joyride in this thing?!"
"Very funny, keep working at it!"
"THERE! I got two online!"
The mech strafes to the right just in time to avoid being hit by a photon cannon blast Followed by a quick descent to avoid being pummeled by gatling laser fire. "What the hell!? Photon Cannons are supposed to be banned!"
"And space stations are supposed to be neutral. While our former leaders may have seemed to be honorable on the outside, they're quite obviously not so honorable when one peels back the curtains!"
"Right. Save the ethical analysis for later, what weapons have we got!"
The mech had to peel away as another photon cannon blast nearly destroyed them, along with the asteroid they were using for cover.  "We've got a "lightwhip" and what appears to be some aerial drones that I can control.
"Better than nothing. Engage them!"
Moments later, a long metal chord shot out of the mechs right wrist. In seconds, the chord is charged with what appears to be light energy as they glow a yellowish white. Silas gives an expert flick of the mechs wrist and the whip sails through space cleaving entire asteroids and enemy mechs in half. "Oh, HELL YES!"
"Deploying Airds"
Several spiky things burst off the back of the mech. Several configurations are displayed on Cherise' screen. Upon selecting one, the airds fly into the pre-determined formation and begin firing upon the enemy. "Ah, I see. I can load formations and then control them as a swarm." The lasers fired by the airds quickly overwhelm the enemies in front of them and render them into space junk. 
[Renault, where are ya, you're missing the party?!]
[Kinda busy in here! Stealthed mech]
Before Silas could react, his mech experienced a horrible jolt as a stealthed mech slashed it with an energy weapon. He only caught a glimpse of it for a moment before it disappeared again. [Shit. They're out here too...]
------------------------------------
She appears before herself clad only in a devious smile and menacing aura.  Once clear of the FIRE, the "dark" version of her manifests dark robes that give off a chill feeling that burns hotter than the FIRE. "Don't listen to them," she declares. "They are the parts of your heart too weak to withstand the burning desire for vengeance. You saw what the Confederates did to your peaceful home. A neutral colony. Civilians. DEFENSELESS.  They struck you where it hurt most. So it's only natural you'd want to strike back against them. Right?! COME. Take my hand." Dark reaches a hand as silken as her voice out to her kneeling counterpart. "You know you want to take your revenge. Come with me, and it will certainly become possible."
The girl looks up into Darks eyes, drinking in her face. Suddenly, everything about her seems welcoming, warm. A refuge from this horrid place. A mean of escaping the FIRE.  Surely following this person couldn't be bad. How could it?
- a friend

cmpuncle

"Uh yeah I'll be sure to do that.....  Ok I'm not even going to wonder how she knows him, I'm just going to get these adjustments finished."

He took the rest of the day aside from meals to get the adjustments made, and by the end of it he was rather satisfied with the end results, performance specs were up across the board, still not 100% but it would most likely take several more rounds of adjustments to reach that point.  Finished for the day Tanr fell asleep rather quickly on the bed he had had moved from his old room on the station and simply into the hangarm after setting the hangaras security protocols of course.

DigitLninja

"Looks like this will be a solo mission for now."

Helios checked his weapon then turned to the Cascade.

"I'll be back, keep an eye on me with the station computers."

"Yes master."
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

"I'm fine, thank you," Razzly replies, shaken from the experience.  Though she wanted nothing more than to get dressed at the moment, she didn't want to risk the woman getting away.  "Get within point blank range. Until there's no possibility of you missing,  I don't want to unpin this woman."

Saikotsu

-----------------------
Cmpuncle: 
In the two days that follow, Cali approaches you and fills you in on the situation over the past 2 days. The station wishes to sanction an operation.  In light of the information you've given her, It has been decided that the veracity of Renault's claims must be determined.  Furthermore, as a result of the interrogation of the Ragnarok soldier you and Renault defeated, it has come to light that the UPF sanctioned their attack on the station. Apparently both sides violated the stations neutrality at the same time. Your help would be appreciated either in ensuring the stations security or helping out with the operation planetside.  Cali has asked that when you've reached a decision that you contact her and let her know.
Ninja:
You are unable to catch the mysterious transmitter, though you do find some of their equipment broken nearby. In the following days, the Forgotten technicians are able to piece it together a little bit before it permanently stops working. They are able to retreive some of the data, and it would seem that a couple of spies are aboard the station working for the UPF. Still reeling from the attack, Cali requests that you help out either with catching the spies or investigating a distress signal nearby. The two operations are not mutually exclusive, and you're also free to do neither one if you wish.
----------------------------------------
Undercover:
Security detains your attacker and you are able to get the upgrades you wanted.  At the end of the three days, Cali has a mission she thinks is perfectly suited for you, if you're interested. She asks that you come see her when you're ready.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Having already told the station's AI that he would be glad to help out on the operation, Tanr was quickly pulling together all the supplies he figured he would need.  He wanted to get done what he could before the mission briefing, so all he would need is to pull together anything brought up by the briefing before heading out, he had neglected to ask her if their would be others participating in this mission, of course if there were he would have to make it clear that everything about his mech was classified, as he was sure the Commander would not want any info about it getting out, except of course it's reputation.  After a few minutes he had everything he needed and made his way to the briefing room.

DigitLninja

Helious had thought about the missions for a an hour going over the reports for a while before finally giving his answer that he would investigate the spy's, it was his job to do so when he was in the military, so this was something he was used to doing.
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly wasn't sure what to make of another 'mission' so she decides to go see Cali and find out what she's got planning.

Saikotsu

Undercover/Cmpuncle:
Razzly and Tanr arrive at the same time to the briefing room. As they arrive, the door opens up  and a life-size hologram of Cali beckons the two of you inside. 
"Ah, good, both of you are here.  I have an interesting assignment for the both of you, which your are welcome to accept or refuse if you so wish. Before I begin, I should stress that this is a STEALTH mission.  We wish to avoid combat at all costs. Furthermore, you'll be operating on the planet below. I can't reveal more than that until I know if you're committed or not. "

----------------------
Ninja:
A small beep on your wrist comm alerts you to an incoming text message. "I've sent what intel we have to the Demons Cascade.  We'll be operating on comm silence, since the spys seem to be intercepting radio transmissions. You'll report directly to me, and ONLY me. If someone approaches you with details or questions about the mission, ask them for the password. There is no password, and they should know that if I sent them."
- a friend

cmpuncle

"Well fancy meeting you again madame!"

Tanr bounced  a couple times while his tail twitched happily.  Turning to Cali's hologram, Tanr brought himself back under control.

"Well stealth shouldn't be an issue for me, in fact it will help in the long run, I would assume you already know of what I speak Cali.  I'm definitely in, so let's here the details.'"

DigitLninja

"Rodger that, We will return with a successful mission in twenty-four to forty-eight hours. Beginning Radio silence now, over and out."

"I will take the helm for now sir, you may study the information for the duration of the trip, though I suspect you will end up going to manual at one point and enjoying yourself."

"You know me so well Ty."

"Very good master."
Quotes to Live by: