Mech Wars IC (Saikotsu, UnderCov3rL0ver, DigitLninja, cmpuncle)

Started by Saikotsu, March 29, 2011, 01:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpuncle

Once Tanr and Sarge finished cleaning up the hangar, Tanr prepared to make his first diagnostics report to Bob.

"Flare, could you transfer all saved diagnostics from that last fiasco to the computer here so I can encrypt them and send them to Bob?"

"No problem the transfer will finish in a few minutes."

Once the transfer finished Tanr added an attachment basically detailing how he felt Sarge's performance had been and then encyrpted it to the highest level he could before sending it off to Bob.  It would probably take the Commander about a day to decrypt and view the report, so for the time being Tanr headed off to check on the status of the rest of the station, being sure to grab his new clearance badge from the guard so he wouldn't have to bother with paperwork to get into the hangar in the future.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly opened the hatch and disconnected her pip-girl.  After getting down from her mech, she appraised it with trained eyes. She checked to make sure no one was watching when she addressed the mech itself. "Damn, that asshole did a number on you old girl.  Don't worry, I'll get you fixed up better than ever. You're mine now, so I need to keep you in good condition." She pulled out her trusty weapon/tool, her hand made wrench that her father had given her many years ago, when he was still alive.  She pushed aside the memories of him as she tuned the diagnostics of the pip girl to show her the areas of the mech that needed the most work.  It wasn't that she didn't care for her memories, she simply felt closer to him working on machinery than being lost in idle memories.
(OOC: sorry, now I'm ready.)
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

Saikotsu

(Even though not everyone has posted that they're ready, I'm continuing to the next day since that individual hasn't posted in a week or two.)
-----------------------------------
0600, The Next Day.

Delta woke with a start.  The room he awoke in was painted a dull grey and featured a toilet, the bed he was on, and a tiny window with wrought iron bars preventing escape.  The door leading into the room had no door knob or any obvious way of opening it from the inside.  A small slat at the bottom allowed for a tray of food to be pushed through periodically.
"So I'm in a cell. Great."
"You're a real Einstein aint ya," boomed a voice from a speaker hidden somewhere in the room. 
If they can hear what I say, they can probably see what I'm doing too. I have to plan my escape carefully if I'm going to get out of here without letting them in on the plan.

-------------------------------------
Elsewhere in a facility run by The Forgotten, a man in a doctors coat knocked gently on the door before entering.  Gently sleeping in a hospital bed was Ciel.  She had been brought in after last nights incidents suffering from severe nanite contamination.  She had been hooked up to all sorts of machines pumping her full of medicine and anti-nanite agents to help her body resist the foreign agents. After an initial analysis of the machines, it was determined that the nanites had originated from the mech she had been piloting before and were attempting to synchronize her to the machine as a sort of interface. When the danger had passed, they had detached her from the machines and placed her in the general in-patient quad.  After the doctor took her vitals, he left.  Her inability to wake up was not a side effect of the medicine or the nanites, but rather her species.  Although it was unusual for one so young to experience the special trance  Animus went through, it wasn't unheard of in highly stressful and dangerous circumstances.  The doctor just hoped she was strong enough to survive the process, as a good number of Animus never survived the forming of their soul.
--------------------------------------
Renault walked into one of the spartan conference rooms in the Kurat Confederacies Charley Base, a small militarized facility built into the porous rocks of an asteroid in Taya's asteroid belt. The facility served as a training center for Confederacy troops wishing to become ace-pilots. 
Renault and his forces had been instructed to retreat to this facility in the event of a botched mission, and retreat they had.  While still close to Einstein station, it had just enough distance to serve as a rally point without being obvious to any prying eyes. 

Seeing that the conference room was deserted, Renault took his seat at the table.  Moments later, the door hissed open as a high-ranking officer flanked by two armed men entered the room. From his position, Renault could see that two guards had been stationed outside the room. The two armed men who entered with the officer took posts at either side of the door as the officer sat directly across from Renault.  "So, you epically screwed up that mission Captain. Care to explain what happened?"
Renault saluted before responding, "yes sir.  Initially our operation went off without a hitch. We had adequate men to accomplish our goal given the situation we engineered. However, two unknown forces appeared and engaged us.  Our team was not equipped to handle a significant armed force, as we were expecting to disable any strong resistance with the EMP. The other two forces caught us completely off guard and we were spread too thin to mount a counter offensive. I managed to obtain visual records of the enemies we encountered.  By my estimation, the first force is a group of mercenaries from Ragnarok. Curiously, they did not seem to be on the colonies side, as they attacked anything they met indiscriminately.  The second group, I'm not so sure about. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say they were a hidden military organization based within the colony itself.  The presence of such an organization would throw the question of Einstein Stations neutrality into question."

The seated officer took in Renaults statements with calm resolve. "Speaking of Einstein Stations neutrality, you are aware that attacking such a 'neutral' station has impacted us greatly, especially given the consequences of your failure to secure the station."
Renault became visibly nervous. "Yes sir."
The officer continued, a chill air about him. "Then you must surely understand why you are under arrest for treason?"
"Excuse me sir?"
"Did I stutter? For attacking a neutral station without proper authorization, you are hereby placed under arrest for the crime of grand treason. The penalty for which is death."
"Sir, I was acting under orders. In fact, here they are!"
Renault reached into his uniform and pulled out a sheaf of documents detailing yesterdays mission. He handed them to the officer across from him, in the hopes of saving himself.
"Interesting," commented the officer as he took out a cigar, lit it up with a lighter, and then took a nice drag of it, blowing the smoke out all over the paper and into Renaults face.  "So you had the orders on your person. No wonder we couldn't find it in your quarters. Unfortunately, if we are to frame you for treason, such orders can never have existed." He ignited the lighter and brought the papers into the flame.  "So sorry.  You must understand that The Confederacy can't afford to let it be known that we sanctioned such an attack. You're going to have to take the fall for us. Now are you going to come quietly, or are we going to have to shoot you here, for resisting arrest?"
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

Tanr woke up the next day, surprisingly he hadn't done much after the attack just walked around and took a look at some of the damage caused.  He decided to start off the day by going up to the command center, to check if there was anything he could help with.  Since this wasn't a matter for the commander of the station he didn't bother disturbing her, he simply went up to the station AI screen and submitted a help query, of course while he was doing that something had been flashing at the corner of the screen, just the station logo, but the repetition of flashes caught his attention and he couldn't help but start batting gently at the logo on the screen while the query was processed.

A minute later the query came back witha list of repair jobs that needed doing thanks to yesterdays events.  He decided on helping out in the mech bay where he had seen the odd old guy and the girl mechanic yesterday morning.  When he arrived he went about helping with the repairs as best as he could.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

DigitLninja

Helios finally relaxed on one of the cot's in the hanger after a full twelve hours of over night work, but in exchange for the hard work he now had everything figured out.

The Black Knight had rewired and hacked into the systems of the Demon's Cascade in order open up some of the weapons systems and he had done all he could, managing to get both the Active Camo online and the EMP Cannon.

Helios was quite surprised the military equipped this Mech with an EMP Cannon when they knew full well he would be stealing it back from them, but then Ty explained the consequences of using the EMP Cannon and everything became clear.

They wanted him to have a last resort something powerful enough to destroy his enemies so he would never get rid of it but dangerous enough to leave him helpless on the battlefield for a long period of time, time enough for them to capture him.

Once the Cannon was operational he began setting up some protection for his mech, some EMP shielding so he wouldn't lose environmental controls after use of the weapon, and some dampeners so he would have far less time being frozen then they would have expected, though it was still far to long to remain motionless.

After hours of work and no success on the other weapons, which he didn't even know what they are, he decided he had made enough progress to justify some sleep and plopped down on the cot not ten feet away from his mech.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly woke up to the din of hangar noise.  Bleary eyed, she surveyed her surroundings, and found much to her surprise, she had been covered with a blanket by one of the techs. She must have fallen asleep working on the Princess. A small sense of pride welled inside her as she realized her wrench was still in hand, and the ice princess was along the road to recovery. Despite her progress, some repairs were still necessary, namely the stealth device which she had inadvertently fried yesterday and some of the more scorched areas of the hull. There was also the matter of the removed weaponry.  Though the princess had all of her standard equipment already, there were several upgrades she had worked on in the past which were no longer present. One such upgrade was the guided missile launcher. Another was a flight module. The jump jets had been replaced with a more commercial model that had less umph than the military grade version the princess SHOULD be using.  Furthermore, the tank treads on the feet, which were used for added mobility and speed on the ground had been replaced with high end wheels.  She would have replaced the treads anyway, but the wheels were inadequate as well.  Out of boredom she had designed the blueprints for a custom part that would enable fast transit on any terrain without loss of stability or control, similar to a tank tread but lacked the resources to design the part. Perhaps the Forgotten would help her out on that end? She gingerly folded the blanket and placed in on a bench next to her mechs work area before flagging down one of the nearby mechanics. When he approached she asked, "hey, who would I talk to about getting some additional parts for my mech, and is there a shower facility nearby?"
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

A security camera focused in on Tanr as he went about the hangar helping people out.

-------------------------------------
As Helios slept, Cali projected herself for Ty.  "Hey. Do you have a moment?"

----------------------
The tech grinned, "if you're looking for parts, I'm your man.  If you're looking for a shower, the womens barracks are just down that corridor.  I've been instructed to give you free reign of this sector, since you helped us out.  Just remember that we are trying to stay low-key here, so if you wish to leave, please let one of us know and we'll accompany you to a discrete exit. Now, about those parts, whatcha lookin for?"
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

DigitLninja

Ty responded the moment Cali emerged.

"As the master is currently asleep, I see no reason why we can't speak for a few moments."
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

cmpuncle

As Tanr made his way through the hangar helping out where he could he came across Razzly speaking with the technician.  He overheard her asking for parts and figured he should offer to help with what the technician couldn't procure, if he was able to of course.

"Sorry I was passing by and couldn't help but overhear.  You say you need some parts?  If possible I'd like to see if I can't help procure those parts which your friend may be unable to get for you, as well as offer my services helping you out with repairs if you'd like, after all there's nothing much I can do with my mech till I hear from my superior."

Undercov3rL0ver

Although she felt a possessive pride in The Princess, Razzly decided that an extra mechanic or two couldn't hurt. "Alright, sure. I could use some help.  The Ice Princess is currently under-equipped.  Normally, she'd have a few extra weapons and systems. Her equipment was probably removed when the military sold her. Unfortunately, I'm not in any military organization so getting the proper authorization might be a bit tricky." She shrugged. "anyway, my name's Razzly."

cmpuncle

"The name's Tanr, Tanr Wyrddemon, I'm with the military in general, with a classified mission in the background.  Like I said anything the mechanics here can't get you I'll be glad to look into getting."  He took a look up at the Ice Princess, "Ice Princess what an appropriate name she carries a sort of cold, yet royal aura about her.  OOOOO shiny!"  Tanr had caught sight of something sparkling on the mechs head and had immediately started pouncing his way up to look closer at it.

Saikotsu

A knock on the conferrence room door startled all within. "I thought I told you guys no interruptions!" shouted the officer, his gun now pointed at Renault.  The door opened with a hiss and Silas stepped through.  "Oh, so sorry, I thought this room was unoccupied. It's such a nice place to take a quick nap on the job," he said with an apologetic grin.  Behind him, in the hallway, the two guards that had been stationed outside collapsed.
The two guards inside the conference room moved to take Silas out, but stopped dead in their tracks. Rope darts extended out of Silas' suit sleeves, into their necks.  The soldiers had never even had the chance to dodge they had come so quickly.  Silas pulled the rope darts back and caught them expertly in his hands, "Oops. My bad, darn combat reflexes," he said with another apologetic grin and a formal bow. 
The seated officer rose from his seat and moved to aim his gun. The poor officer was too slow as Cherise lunged over the still bowing Silas, rolled on the floor toward the officer, did a headstand and hooked her legs around his neck. The officer had a moment to register what was happening before Cherise, with amazing flexibility and strength, threw him into the opposite wall behind Silas.  The officer crumpled to the floor, behind Silas as he rose from his bow. 
Renault, not missing a beat rounded the table and collected one of the guards weapons while Cherise and Silas moved the guards and officer into the room. "Thanks guys, but how'd you know?"
Silas spoke without turning, "as soon as you left for the debriefing, they locked down the Gilded Gifthorse. I figured they would do something like this, so I slipped out and came to get you.  If all is going according to plan, the Gifthorse should have freed itself from its moorings and exited the hangar.  The idea is that we're going to hijack some mechs and rejoin them in the asteroid field before fleeing to somewhere else. We're obviously going to take the fall either way, so we might as well make ourselves scarce.  Is that acceptable captain?"
"Sounds like a plan. Let's go guys."
-----------------------------------------
The head mechanic watched Tanr's antics with mild amusement. "He sure is an interesting one alright. Anyway, what parts are you looking for? We won't worry about the authorization, though you might want to talk with Cali about getting a permit for those weapons."
------------------------------
Cali waited a moment before she spoke, looking off into the distance.  After a few moments she spoke, "You know, I used to be a human being.  I suffered from an incurable illness that left my body ravaged and feeble.  At about the same time, they had developed a technology that would transfer a persons consciousness and personality onto a suitable AI matrix.  Since my body was becoming weaker and weaker, I volunteered myself for the procedure, as a test subject.  The results went beyond expectations, and I was able to become something akin to an AI. And yet, I feel as if somethings missing. Ty, do you ever wish you could leave the Demon's Cascade?
- a friend

DigitLninja

"Hmm, that is a difficult question to answer, my creation was quite different."

"The Demon's Cascade was a co-creation of Space Pirates, Assassin Guilds, and the Military. It was designed to be the pinnacle of Spec Ops Mecha."

"I was a simple observation unit created by the Assassins and Pirates to watch the cascade so the military couldn't get the drop on them. However I was also to carefully watch and learn the programs of the Mech and force a take over should something go wrong."

"The result of my take over of the Military A.I. created me, I was more loyal to the Pirates and Assassins but with the superior military intelligence and access to any and all military systems, plus in my creation something strange happened... something unexplainable that allowed me to access the black flames of hell, almost mystical."

"Helios was the only one who felt right in my cockpit, I was barely paying attention when he entered the Cascade as I had simply ignored any cadet who entered me but then his hands took the controls we both felt something, and I immediately powered up."
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

At the beeping of his wristcomm Tanr snapped out of his fascination with the shiny thing he had caught sight of.  He took a look at the message that had arrived.  It was titled simply "Welcome", and the sender seemed to be one "Chipmunk".

"Well who the hell could that be, guess I better take a closer look."  He mumbled aloud to himself.

So he looked at the first line of the message, which said 'Thanks for the quickness in your first report.'  After that he immediately knew it was from the Commander, that meant the next mod suggestions had arrived.  This took priority over his relaxation, which meant he better hurry back to Sarge's hangar.  He quickly jumped down off the Ice Princess and landed deftly in front of Razzly.

"Sorry to show up and run, but I've received an urgent message.  If you should like to continue our conversation or should you ever need aide please don't hesitate to contact me," he handed her a slip of paper with a comm-code on it that would put her through to him directly, "Farewell ma'am!"

He went bounding away again this time on all fours.

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly shrugged as the odd soldier ran off to tend to his urgent message.  "Okay, so the Ice Princess is supposed to be more than a sniper mech.  Originally, she was equipped with a long range, laser guided missile launcher, she had a dimensional pocket for storing excess weapons, and her cloaking abilities were working. She also had a module that would allow for a transformation into a jet/mech hybrid at one point, for long distance travel. At the moment, I'm still trying to fix the cloaking emitter which was damaged in a previous battle before I obtained her."

Saikotsu

All around her was FIRE. The ground was on FIRE, the forest and all the trees were on FIRE, the animals were on FIRE, the air itself was FIRE.  The sun beamed down on the devastation with an eerie red glow, as if it too was on FIRE, as if FIRE could be on FIRE. Rain was falling from the burning dark clouds hanging overhead in patches, but even the rain seemed as if it was on FIRE, a perception that was further reinforced by how it scalded her naked skin. Instead of putting out the FIRE, it only seemed to make it spread. In short, this was a really pleasant place to be. The girl takes stock of her surroundings.  There is no shelter from the FIRE. No refuge from the devastation. No safety from the FIRE. Quite simply, the only thing with her was THE FIRE.

---------------------------------
Cali listens intently to Ty as he describes his creation and his mystical abilities. Puzzled by the information, she ponders it for a few moments before speaking, "I've never heard of an AI quite like you. You and I might have more in common than I first thought.  I mean, it'd be very difficult to program an AI to be able to do what you can do, almost bordering on the impossible.  And yet, I get the feeling you and your pilot were meant to be together. Sort of like fate or destiny."
----------------------------------
The trio rushed down the corridor toward the hangar, catching the eye of more than a few of the cadets as they went about their business. "It would seem that the higher ups have kept your arrest a secret for the moment," Cherise hissed, her danger sense went on high alert and her tail puffed out.  Moments later an armed soldier rounded the bend of an intersecting corridor and attempted to take her out with the butt of his gun. Too late, he realized she had gone low and was aiming a strong punch to the gut.  The man flew into one of the walls of the corridor, winded and unable to fight. "Come on, we don't have time to dawdle Cherise," Silas called over his shoulder, not having stopped for her. Cherise easily made up the distance with her cat-like agility.  At another intersection, a trio of armed guards appeared and aimed their weapons at the fugitives. Alarms started blaring as Renault fired on them, causing them to take cover.  Silas slammed a fist into a control panel and the intersection was sealed off by a bulkhead. He then smashed the controls to prevent them from being opened anytime soon.  The three didn't stop for a second as they rushed to the hangar, only to find it had been sealed because of the lockdown. " We need to get to R&D," Renault decided.
-------------------------
The head mechanic does a mental check of the list of parts Razzly requested before saying, "I think we can get you those parts. I'll see what I can do.  It might take me a while, but you're more than welcome to use the shower facilities if you'd like." He fails to hide the expression on his face as he imagines Razzly in the shower, but he quickly turns and sets about procuring the parts she needed, so as not to let on how much she turned him on.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Tanr relatively quickly made his way back to Sarge's hangar, which was looking much better.  Several crates had also arrived in his absence, both replacements for the equipment destroyed during the battle, as well as spare parts required for the many tune-ups Tanr had to make on Sarge.

"Good job cleaning the place up guys," he directed at Sarge and Flare, "place looks pretty much brand new, almost.  I'll get the replacement equipment unpacked here then I'll need you guys to move it into place so I can get it set up.  In the meantime Flare I'm sending you Commander Bob's encrypted tune-up list, I want you to decrypt it and be ready to go down the list as I make the changes."

"You got it boss."

With that they continued cleaning up the hangar before working on the performance tune-ups.

DigitLninja

"I am convinced that there was something spiritual involved in my creation, but I have no idea what, why or how it worked. My being may be electronic but I have never left the confines of the Demons Cascade except for hacking purposes but then I'm still within my body just extending my signals. I do have one hope to eventually have an android body to jump to when I'm not needed for the Mech body but I don't mind waiting."
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Razzly takes note of the mans reaction and is torn between disgust and arousal. On the one hand, it felt good that someone was taking notice of her despite her grimy, oil-smudged, and greasy appearance, the trademark of a mechanic who's been elbow deep in machinery guts. On the other hand she did not appreciate being oggled by a stranger.  At least he seemed to be embarrassed about his arousal, otherwise he would have flaunted it.  She shook her head to clear it of such notions. Now wasn't the time to get all steamy eyed like a teenage schoolgirl. Now was the time to wash up and recuperate. She hadn't forgotten how she felt about the battle last night, even if she was trying to upgrade her mech. Perhaps a hot, steamy shower alone would be a good way to clear her head.  Before she realized it, she was in the womens barracks and removing her clothes.

Saikotsu

The girl wanders aimlessly through the FIRE.  She doubles back on her tracks several times as the FIRE blocks her path.  There is no relief in sight, no escape at all.  Only the FIRE.  As she doubles back for the umpteenth time, her path is fully blocked as she becomes surrounded by the FIRE.  Wracked by utter despair, she sinks to her knees, the scattered pine needles searing the naked skin of her legs, the flames licking her hair and singing it.  "What am I supposed to do," she rasps, unable to comprehend what is going on as tears leave wet trails down her sooty face.
--------------------------------
DigitlNinja:
Cali shrugs. "I wouldn't mind a body of my own as well, but unfortunately there aren't any on this station. I can't really count the Ice Princess as a body, since I'd still be confined to the mech, and being inside her limits my capabilities....hmmm. Perhaps I could persuade Razzly to let my mechanics add some equipment to her precious mech."
--------------------------------
Cmpuncle:
As you go about your business in the hangar, a man in uniform walks in with a box in his hands.  He approaches you with a smile. "Might you be Tanr Wyrddemon?"
---------------------------------------
Undercover:
As you remove your clothes, another woman walks in and opens her locker before doing the same. She glances your way in smiles, a friendly greeting, before returning her attention to herself.

( OOC: As much as I'd enjoy a graphic description of you showering, we should keep the shower posts PG-13.  I don't feel like getting this RP reclassified. ;) )
---------------------------------------
"R&D, we don't have time captain!"
Renault dons a devilish grin as he sprints down the corridor, "ah, but it will be the quickest getaway!  Earlier this morning, I heard a few techs talking about how the R&D bulkheads were broken and in need of maintenance. They weren't scheduled to be repaired for another few days.  Since R&D is a singular unit, their private hangar for the experimental weaponry is also open.  If we lack the means of getting in this hangar, why not take from the other one, eh?"
Silas looks at Renault in disbelief before donning his own groin, "why not. If they want to frame us for their fuckup, we'll just take an experimental mech or two as our severance package! I like your style."
Renault does a partial shrug with just his shoulders, "well, I got the idea from the Black Knight. Rumor has it he was protecting that station."
"Isss thiss the time for such idle chit chat," Cherise hisses. Moments later, gunfire pelts the corridor walls where they were moments before.  "Shit, no bulkhead this time," spits Renault.  Something drops from Silas' coat, "Keep running, our welcome is becoming more over-stayed by the second."
- a friend

cmpuncle

The mans voice carries rather well in the hangar, not to mention Tanr's ears could hear a whisper from several yards away anyway.  Upon hearing this interruption, Tanr seems to almost suddenly appear right in front of the man.  "Why yes I am, ooo is that for me?"  As he notices the box he becomes rather fixated on it, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Undercov3rL0ver

(OOC: Aw.... I was having fun teasing you!)
Razzly enters the shower facility and quickly finds an unoccupied spot with which to freshen up. She turned the water on as hot as she could handle and felt the tension and grime just slip away.  As she cleaned herself off, her mind wandered over various thoughts and questions. While she hated fighting and disliked war, hadn't she been requesting upgrades and enhancing her new mech?  She couldn't quite grasp why she was contradicting her own values. At her feet lay a puddle and she saw her reflection in it, looking back at her as if seeing into her soul. She imagined the reflection speaking to her It's because you know that you'll have to fight someday.  You want to preserve life as much as possible, but that simply isn't doable all the time.  When you can't save everyone, you can only settle for saving a select few, and you want to be equipped to save as many as you can.
She turned off the water and grabbed a towel, drying herself off. The shower had done a lot to ease her mind and cleanse her body.

DigitLninja

"Well, if I ever find a way to have a body of my own and still be battle ready with the Demon Cascade I will inform you of the how and why I am able to do so."

TY paused for a moment.

"Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

The trio burst into the R&D section of the base and are greeted by gunfire from an assembled squad that's dug in further down the hall.  They dive behind the cover of two alcoves on either side of the hallway.  Silas rummages around in his pockets and tosses several metal spheres into the hallway. A few of the troops fire at the spheres, but nothing happens. The spheres begin rolling toward the assembled group and pick up speed.  As they near the group, the spheres unfurl into small spider-like drones that lunge into the group, latching on to the soldiers.  As the soldiers try to tear them off, they emit a gas which causes the troops to collapse where they stand. 
"What were those?"
"Drone mites. Infiltration tools for incapacitating individuals. The gas dissapates in air quickly, but lasts long enough to knock a grown man out cold. We should be clear."
The trio once again pushes down the hallway without meeting any more trouble.
-------------------------------------------------
Ninja:
Cali leans back. "There is, but I think it can wait for a while. In the meantime, I was able to dig this up. " She transmits some data to Ty. "They're only partial, but these are some codes for unlocking some of your blasters capabilities. Say hi to The Black Knight when he wakes up, kay? I gotta get goin, I've got to speak with someone." She seems to divide her attention between Ty and the other individual for the moment.
------------------------------------------------------------
CMP:
"Why yes it is," replies the box possessing individual.  They hand it to you and wander off, their task completed.
Inside the box is a communication device, one which you've never seen before. The Incoming Message button is lit up. Will you answer it?
----------------------------------------------
Undercover:
As you towel off, someone invades your personal space from behind. You can feel a gun being pressed to your back, as a soft hand clamps around your mouth."Hey Lovely. Do as I say and you won't get hurt. I need you to do something for me. I'm sure you know what the right answer is."
--------------------------------------
"It's your fault you know," an indistinct shadow says from within the fire.
"You started this fire," says another shadow
"Because of you, this once beautiful place is tarnished," says the first
"You did this," says the second.
"Simmer down. There is still hope for her and this place yet," a third announces
"Wha? Who are you," the girl asks, confusion replacing her fear. "How did I get here? Where am I? Why am I naked?!"
The only reply is silence as the shadows depart.
- a friend

cmpuncle

"What the hell, where did this come from, Part of me really wants to press the button just because it's flashing, but part of me advises caution.  Hey Flare!  Can you put up an independent firewall so I can plug this into your systems for location encryption and ensural of privacy, in case this ends up being someone I 'shouldn't' be talking to?"

"You got it sir it'll only take a few seconds......and there you're good to go."

Tanr jumped up into Sarge's cockpit and plugged in the device before pushing the Incoming button.

"Hello, hello can you hear me?  Who is this?"