Small group question

Started by mrurl42, September 13, 2010, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrurl42

Can the GM of small group games get moderator privileges to their threads like in the big games?  I know on some forum code you can assign moderator per thread if needed, but I am not sure about SMF...

If so, I would like to request access for the Sex Note threads in the NC-Exotic section.  And if not... well I guess I will just wait for 1k posts!

^_^

HockeyGod

Does your game only use one thread?

GMs have moderator privileges and you get to be a GM when you're group game has 1K posts. But that is mostly handy for moving threads around, etc.

mrurl42

Biggest thing I want access to is when people post things in a thread when they were specifically told NOT to.  Would like to be able to delete posts/modify posts in one of my threads.... And yes, it is multi-thread (4 currently) ^_^

Not big enough to be a large game yet... once it is, the point will be moot ;)

Caeli

The answer is no: GMs in small group games do not get moderator abilities. SMF does not allow members to be assigned "moderators" to individual threads.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

mrurl42

Quote from: Caeli on September 13, 2010, 10:02:10 PM
The answer is no: GMs in small group games do not get moderator abilities. SMF does not allow members to be assigned "moderators" to individual threads.
Thanks.  I didn't know what could and could not be done in SMF.  I usually coded for phpBB.  Thanks ;)

Caeli

Let a god or goddess know when your small game is big enough to be upgraded to a big game. :-) I (or another staff member) would be glad to help set that up for you.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haibane

I'm sure if a post was put up in the wrong thread and you sent a polite PM to the player concerned they'd happily move it to where it was meant to be.

mrurl42

Quote from: Haibane on September 13, 2010, 11:38:52 PM
I'm sure if a post was put up in the wrong thread and you sent a polite PM to the player concerned they'd happily move it to where it was meant to be.
Was mostly asking in case someone tried to post in the book thread without having access to the book :P