News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Communication is King

Started by Ordell, April 23, 2009, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordell

So, while I was planning this blog after some serious family events that happened over the last couple of days, I realized how this is so similar to my last blog.  Still, considering the circumstances are different, I felt the need to bring an additional view of communication to light.

There are some events that we just shouldn't keep bottled up for one reason or another.  I recognize that we shouldn't really share too much about personal lives, but I feel that since I have come to terms with it, I don't really care that I mention this.  My parents, after 29 years of marriage are getting divorced, and though it has been a long time coming, I had never really come to terms with it.  I have been a member of this family 23 years and was raised by these two individuals, so they will always have a place in my heart, no matter what they have done to deserve this outcome.

Back to the point, I had never really spoken about it and just briefly mentioned it to people as if it wasn't that important.  However, things that affect family, affect friendships, affect relationships and the like ARE important.  My personal outlet for such a long time has been friends, without ever getting in depth, but this issue was involving family and I failed to recognize the need to address the issue directly.  Upon finally bringing the issue and presenting it to the ones involved, i.e. my parents, and sitting down in conversation, so much more light was shed on the situation and things were a lot easier to understand.

The reason for this particular blog, if you wish to take this as advice from a peer, is to have open channels of communication.  HOWEVER, and I stress this greatly, it is VITAL to the relationship to eventually have the communication with the group in question, be it family, friends, or significant others.  I urge everyone to communicate with others, but only those you truly trust and the people involved.  Preferably just the people involved, but sometimes it is easier to talk to others since it will help you plan what to say and really get out your true feelings.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who reads and thanks for taking the time out to read it!

Desan

Another great read.

Keep them coming bro. =]

*Gives two thumbs up*
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.