"It Only Affects Men" - Zombie story with a difference. Recruiting Survivors

Started by Chrystal, December 03, 2012, 05:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Hi Grenadine and welcome.

Please could you post a character sheet for my perusal?

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 13, 2012, 04:39:07 AM
EEEEeeeeek! Is that what we are going to be facing?

Heh... That's what SK is going to be facing, yes - a chick with a chainsaw looking to chop him up! *snigger*

Quote from: SatanKlaus on December 13, 2012, 04:31:16 AM
I'm surprised we didn't get a cheerleader. After all, Isn't that the quintessential victim for any zombie apocalypse OR lesbian rape orgy?

Or, alternatively...

Satan_Klaus

So, um, .... Yeah, that's kinda cool.

But cheerleaders are just so cliché. I mean, as you point out, she would be the quintessential victim. Which would probably mean she would be breakfast! (For the D's if not for the Zombies.)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Grenadine

Okay, I'm completely done with finals and celebrating with a character sheet. Hope I spark some interest!

Player Name: Grenadine

Name: Amelia de Fato
Alias (if any): Amy
Profession: Student, Radio Pirate

Survivalist or Rescuee: A lone wolf with nowhere else to run. She'll take her chances with the group rather than go it alone again. Not aggressive, but will fight if threatened and bolt if she thinks the group's going south.

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 54 kg

Hair colour: Black, (currently dyed blonde)
Eye colour: Pale blue

Special skills: Urban exploration, broadcasting, some electronics knowledge, musician, singer, climbing & knots

Weapons: Her pillow pals: a fat, snubby .357 and a machete
Other equipment: FM transmitter and some spare parts, CB radio, rope, light, zippo, lighter fluid

Likes: acoustic guitar, booze, fine cigars, tattoos, Tom Waits, freedom
Dislikes: authority, dramatics, the woods at night, tight places

Personality: Amelia's gotten a lot harder ever since the nightmare started. Her trust for others is completely shattered, but she knows she can't make it on her own for very long. She's sociable, and still a bit of a wise-ass despite everything that's happened. She maintains a carefree front, hiding all fear and weakness from the group. Amelia enjoys entertaining, but loathes leadership, both having it, and being subject to it. She's a free spirit and is only signed on with this group for as long as it's safer than out with the men. She's active, constantly seeking survival knowledge and enough work to fill her days. Any time she slows down, she starts to think, and when she thinks, it's always about the past, and the past is such a bummer.

History: Amelia left home the first chance she got, and never went back, draining her college fund and disappearing without a trace. She floated around for a long time, exploring America's many concrete jungles and the alternative cultures thriving there. She was pragmatic, trying to extend her lifelong exodus from the mainstream by couch-surfing and busking, making connections on the street and playing small gigs wherever she could. When travelling money finally ran low, she finally ceded some of her youth to society, enrolling for a bachelors sound design. While she may have given up her travels, she never gave up the counterculture, continuing her urban forays and eventually starting her own pirate radio station. Her broadcast, Street Potpourri, was a jumble of underground cultures, radio premieres by local bands, immigrant folk stories told fresh off the boat, talk radio with street mystics and addicts, freestyles and gang-banger manifestos, even some recordings of her forays in to the high and low places of the city, and of course always served with Amelia's signature anything goes demeanor. The show gained notoriety, and a few pending investigations by the FCC. Then the bad times started.

Amelia doesn't talk about the city, or how she got out of it. All that matters is she did, traveling through the country, treeing herself every night, and checking CB and radio every morning. Eventually she picked up a nearby channel, and after some extensive deliberation decided to throw in with the other survivors. She's hoping that her broadcasting knowledge and her skill navigating urban centers will keep her useful, but she's gleaning as many survival techniques as she can in case the pack turns on her.

Vaulera

AurelieCatena

Photo

absolutely amazing premise, buttloads of interest, fascinating players and characters....

I want time for this RP so badly. Alas, I have to work. If i do join this game, expect it to happen in a couple of weeks. But, oh goodness gracious me, this looks like a lot of fun!

bravo Chrystal. Good speed ladies and gents.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Chrystal

Quote from: Vaulera on December 14, 2012, 11:55:32 PM
Is this group rp still open? Because I would love to be a member!

Quote from: AurelieCatena on December 15, 2012, 02:12:28 AM
Yes, it is!

What she said...

*spanks Aurelie for usurping GM privilege (and because both will enjoy it)*

Yes, the RP is still open, in fact it will remain open unless it gets too many active characters in which case i will close it temporarily. The obvious reason is because, although I want all players to initially start in the compound, once it's going, we can have new players arrive at the gate or be rescued on foraging missions, etc...

Quote from: Photo on December 15, 2012, 01:00:50 PM
absolutely amazing premise, buttloads of interest, fascinating players and characters....

I want time for this RP so badly. Alas, I have to work. If i do join this game, expect it to happen in a couple of weeks. But, oh goodness gracious me, this looks like a lot of fun!

bravo Chrystal. Good speed ladies and gents.

Many thanks Photo. Please see my reply to Vaulera, above. It doesn't matter when you join, as long as the game is still going.
Quote from: Grenadine on December 14, 2012, 10:34:09 PM
Okay, I'm completely done with finals and celebrating with a character sheet. Hope I spark some interest!

Player Name: Grenadine

Name: Amelia de Fato

Amy is great. Approved. I love where you have placed her on the Survivalist/Rescuee spectrum.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angel Fire

I am very glad to see this here!  I'll think of a character very soon... hopefully tonight! *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Pretty in Pink

Definitely interested, but I'd kind of like to wait until survivors can start showing up at the gates, as it would fit better with my concept that I have in mind.  But I do love the concept of the game itself, and am definitely looking forward to joining when I finally do!
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Angel Fire

*Sighs* I have a story and almost a background for my girl but... I am trying as hard as I can to find a pic that really represents my girl... and it is SOOO hard to find one.  I'll have to hold off for just a bit until I can find her.  I do have a vision of her so if you need to know what I am thinking about, please PM me.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Chrystal

@ Angel, take your time. We only just started.

@ Pretty, that's fine. Probably be well into the new year.

Angel Fire

Player Name: Angel Fire

Name: Danielle McGrath
Alias (if any): Dani
Profession: Cook... she prefers the term 'Chef'

Survivalist or Rescuee: She is perceived to be a survivalist by everyone around her but deep inside, she is a "rescuee".  In other words, she is a switch depending on the situation that is presented to her..

Height: 5'9" (~175 cm)
Weight: 130 lbs (~59 kg)

Hair colour: Dark brown
Eye colour: Sky Blue

Special skills: She is a professional cook.  She refers herself as a "Chef".  Having known many recipes and knowing how to bring ingredients together, she can make wonderful meals for the entire compound with the help of her coworkers.  Now, she relies on her own wits and what is presented before her to create dishes that can help to ease the minds of the situation that everyone is going through.

Weapons: Knives from whatever she can obtain from her kitchen.  She always carries a small pocket knife after her experiences... which is explained later.
Other equipment: A small hotstove, a few plastic bowls, a few plastic kitchen utensils... all of this is carried in her backpack if they are to move... otherwise, they are all in her kitchen.

Likes: Rhythmic music (If the music has a beat or a bass line that she can move to, no matter the genre, she will love it), Getting praised or attention for good things (She loves being in the spotlight for what she can do), Women that speak their minds, Cooking, being in the kitchen (The kitchen is her real happy place... that is explained later), some "parties" involving alcohol or the occasional weed
Dislikes: Rap music with no beats, totally quiet women, abusive women (She loves a happy medium), Totally assertive women (unless they are her "boss"), Strangers in her "Kitchen", More will come as the story goes along, if needed.

Personality: Everyone sees Dani as a quiet person on the outside but that is so far from the truth.  She is known to speak her mind when provoked and to give her opinion of how she thinks the situation should be handled, no matter what the other woman says.  Once she says her piece, she is willing to listen to other women's views and try (as much as she can) to help the other woman through the situation that she is facing.  Dani is a wonderful listener and she can be someone to talk to during an emotional crisis.  She will give her views (When needed) but at the same time, she will be sympathetic towards the other woman who wants to trust her with their secrets.  In other words, the women in the compound that have been there for a long time trust Dani with their secrets. The newcomers will have to learn that part of Dani and try to gain her trust.  Breaking Dani's "Ice" won't be easy for newcomers as she has to make sure that she can trust the other women before she can consider the other woman trustworthy.

History: After graduating from high school, Dani knew what she wanted to be... a personal chef to someone that appreciated her skills but would let her stay out of the limelight.  After leaving the bright lights and the many cities of the San Francisco Bay Area, Dani went on a road trip to find her place.  She made many friends along the way... especially Ben.  Ben seemed to share the same interests in their dreams as Dani did so she took Ben along for her ride to happiness.  The two were almost inseparable for about a month... but that was before the virus hit.  Once the virus hit, Ben's cooking skills deteriorated at a very rapid pace.  Dani tried as shard as she could to talk some sense into Ben but it was no use.  The night that changed Dani's life forever came when both she and Ben were getting ready to prepare an Easter Turkey feast.  It seemed to be like any other day to start with for Dani but when Ben arrived in the kitchen, he was drooling saliva down his lips and shrieking loud noises from his mouth.  Though Dani did not know it at the time, the Virus took its full effect on Ben.  Seeing Dani, his arms reached out to her with his loud shriek of hunger and lust.  Though Dani was a few feet away, she instantly knew that she was in trouble.  Grabbing one of her long, sharp steak knives, She grasped it and plunged it forwards towards Ben.  Luckily, the plunge hit Ben's heart, killing him instantly as he dropped down to the floor like a spider that was swatted back down to earth.  Dani's adrenaline was flowing but after about twenty minutes, she started to cry, feeling like she lost a long time friend... which she did.  Without Ben by her side, it was then that she swore off men completely and with the aftermath of the killing that she did, she decided to find a way to be safe.  Inside of the fortress that was Big Kate's farm, she is now hoping to find that protection along with making meals to make everyone happy.

Chrystal

Angel, that is a great character.

I have only one slight problem:

QuoteFlying towards Dani, his arms reached out to her with his loud shriek of hunger and lust.  Though Dani was a few feet away, she knew that she was in trouble as Ben ran like lightning towards Dani.

I have asked people not to put anything specific in their character descriptions or IC posts about the zombies. The reason for this is that I want the game to be as inclusive as possible. While you might be imagining fast running zombies, someone else might hate that idea and be imagining slow shambling zombies, which in turn you might hate the idea of.

The whole point is, if you can make those two underlined sections slightly more general, then yoiu can go on seeing what you originally wrote, without disrupting anyone else's vision of the apocalypse.

If you can do that, then your character is definitely approved. How long do you see her as having been in the compound?

Angel Fire

I have made the adjustments now, Chrystal.  Thanks for the sweet approval.

I see Dani as having been there for a few days now... maybe a week at the most.  She is still trying to get her feet wet but what could be saving her from being a total slave is the fact that she can make dishes that would be so much better for the other girls instead of having them eat raw and/or dry food.

Chrystal

Thanks. Go say hi to the others in the OOC thread, and feel free to post something as soon as you feel comfortable to do so.

Melkart

Hello.

I've been reading the IC thread and I love the story and the way the characters are being developed and played.

I would like to join if you would have me. I have some concepts for my character in mind.

Chrystal

Certainly. All comers are welcome so long as you don't mind playing a woman, and are okay either playing a lesbian, or a straight woman being raped by lesbians...

Melkart

Player Name: Melkart

Name: Cleandra Scholes (She hated it but got used to it)
Alias (if any): Clea
Profession: Journalist.
Survivalist or Rescuee: Survivalist. She tries hard to look like a survivalist, she tries hard to act as a survivalist and most of the time her acting is convincing enough.

Height: 1,70 m. 5’7’’
Weight: 65 Kg. 143 lbs

Hair colour: Black.
Eye colour: Brown.

Special skills: Swordfighting (yes really), Survival, photography.

Weapons: A replica of a Roman gladius, M16 assault rifle.
Other equipment: Several old analog cameras and rolls of film. Developing material. Note pads, pencils.

Likes: Doing the right thing. Being told she did the right thing. Law and order. Being safe.
Dislikes: Failing. Chaos and disorder.

Personality: A straight “A” student, Cleandra was one of those kids who always do the right thing and never cause any kind of trouble to their parents or teachers. Of course there was another face to the overachieving kid at the top of the class, there was something hidden deep inside that girl who seemed to be “good at everything”; she was terrified. She was scared of failure, she was scared of not getting the best grades, she was horrified just thinking that she could not do as she was expected to do. There was a side that others didn’t see. The side that involved visits to the doctor and sleeping pills, the one that would collapse after endless hours of study.
Now things are the same. She is ready to prove how good and dependable she is. She is fierce and dedicated, always ready and never balking from any task. This is yet another test for her, another exam that she will pass with flying colors. Because otherwise, that other herself would come out and she does not want to think about what would happen if they see her other herself, not here, not now. No parents that will understand, no doctors that will prescribe some sleeping pills. Just a bunch of scary women that will crush her the moment she shows weakness.

History: Cleandra was visiting an archaeological site when it happened. She does not remember much about that, only that in the end she was the only survivor, covered in blood, her friends’ blood. The blood of those that had been infected. Their victim’s blood too when she has tried to save them and failed. Those ancient weapons fencing courses that she had taken when she was a student had saved her.
She remained in the site for a few more days. She buried the dead and planned what to do and when she thought she was ready she moved. The following weeks very frantic, terrifying, almost lethal. She fought her way using any available method, firearms when she could find some (she used them until they broke down because she was not very good at cleaning them), Molotov Cocktails (she loved them, so simple, so effective so clever), and her old and trusty gladius.
At the same time she took a few analog cameras and as many rolls of film as she could find and decided to document what was happening around her. She had taken a photography course in school and knew how to develop film. She feared that humanity might not survive so maybe some memory in form of images should be left for any future visitor to this planet. She was already thinking about ways to store and preserve those images when she found Big Kate’s place.

Photo

ok. I want in. I haven't read any of the IC stuff yet, I did that to keep my character as pure as possible. She is as laid out as follows. I had to stop myself from writing any more.

Player Name: Photo

Name: Whitney Samantha Raleigh
Alias (if any): "Pony" An old nickname among friends.
Profession: Whitney worked in retail at low level consignment stores for years. She was a student at one time, but she dropped out before she could get a degree. There was a strange period when she was in her early twenties. Pony left town to another city and got paid for a lot of things.

Survivalist or Rescuee: Rescuee. But it's complicated.

Height: 5'5" (164 cm)
Weight:  119 lbs. (54 kg)

Hair colour: dark brown, many years of black coloring
Eye colour: Hazel/Brown/Black depending on the season

Special skills: Whitney is a capable singer. She can roll cigarettes, dance, and fuck. This skill-set was useful before everything went to hell. Since, she's found out that she's also a fast runner, and gifted at hiding. She can fire a gun, but she can't aim one very well at all.

Weapons: She does have a Heckler & Koch MP5 that she was lucky to find a few days after the disasters began. Pony is much more effective with large blunt weapons. She improvises accordingly.
Other equipment: She's always on the lookout for cigarettes. She has a leather jacket, and a small assortment of other clothing. This is not a very well prepared woman. There is a reason for that though.

Likes: Heartfelt guitar solos, Dancing & good dancers, Expensive liquors, long nights, and long mornings.
Dislikes: Judgmental Psychos, driving.

Personality: Pony is a tough woman. She has tattoos and piercings, and she's been with men that have beat her before, and she's been in fights with those men. This woman stands up for herself, and she defends her ideas as if her life depended on it. Whitney has faced death before, one numerous occasions, in car accidents, drunken alley's late at night, bad hotel rooms, and zombies. Luck, in many definitions, has allowed her to get this far. She can handle herself, but she has always enjoyed life too much to learn how to survive in a truly horrific situation. She naturally treats everyone like a child. None of them could achieve her wit. None of them can see the shapes that she sees. In her core, Whitney has a huge heart, and she is extremely compassionate towards those that have earned her trust.

History: The most recent history, the events leading up to her arrival were a solid blur of running, hiding, blood splatter, and a rumbling stomach. Whitney was smart enough to stay not dead. She even learned to take her aggression and her sorrow out on lonely zombies by beating them to death. The MP5 was useful as well. She carried one bag that was about ten pounds of clothing and almost fifty pounds of bullets, of course getting to any one specific place or another was difficult. She had a map in her mind of every alley and every street, but zombies would kill her if she didn't tread carefully. So, it was by chance that she had ever come across the gunshop in the first place. It had cemented her survival, and if she needed to, she could probably make due on her own.

There in lies the complication, Whitney is a lonely woman, and she is not confident enough to  be a fine survivalist. She has always loved conversation.

As a child, Whitney lived in a typical christian household, as a teenager that christian household crumbled apart. She sided with her conservative-turned-liberal mother. She became best friends with another girl named Whitney when she was still in highschool, and everyone started calling her pony to avoid social mishaps. The other Whitney had also been given a nickname too, "Wesley". It was ironic, Wesley was such a beautiful young girl that calling her by a boys name took the pressure away. It was mostly a coincidence. Pony took pride in her name, and her old friends alienated themselves from her by refusing to call her by anything other than her real name.

The name ended up having a few different meanings.

Pony liked to ride, noted, she didn't like to drive. She preferred the backseat without a seat-belt. As she matured, and distanced herself further from her father and all of her long-held christian beliefs, Pony started to play with boys. She was a singer at school, and it was easy to mix with her preferred flavor of the male species: the musician. She was piano player for one band, and a singer for the band that came afterward. Along with her false high-school stardom, Pony evolved in a lot of other ways. She started to fuck, she started to drink, she started to smoke, she started to look more like a woman physically, and she developed a keen sense of style. It was all relative. Her legend lived for years after she graduated. There were a number of girls that tried to take the name after she left by living the same lifestyle and imitating her decisions. None of them were successful.

Pony liked to be ridden, that is sexually, noted, long nights and long mornings became something of a mantra among friends when judging their sexual partners. Men were worth keeping if they could sustain a performance that was long, and enjoyable. There were a number of things that Whitney enjoyed sexually that the other girls in her circle weren't fond of: being hidden from male friends by lovers, blowjobs, public sex, doggy style, and excessive male body hair. The others grew into it as time came around. And that was when Pony disappeared.

she had been twenty-one for three months. She travelled across the country, and started stripping. She started gambling, and selling drugs. Pony had been given a different name: Sarah Hank. As tempting as it was to turn to prostitution, Pony never succumbed to it. It was something of a rule. She might as well have been though, like a weather-lady, she was worth almost nothing, and everyone around her was paying her truckloads. She spent a lot of her time on bathing and make-up. It was glorious.

She was thin before the men turned to zombies.

Images

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Chrystal

Very nice...

Both characters are approved. Please read the first few posts in the OOC (if you haven't already), and then go say high to the others in the OOC thread. I will correct the coding error that stopped Melkart's pic from showing up when I move the character profile.

I'm putting Clea between Ellie and Amy in the pecking order. She's about on a par with Amy, perhaps slightly above, as long as she keeps the act up. Drop the act, and she goes down between Heather and Felina!

Pony is just begging to have a bridle and anal-plug tale, but I'll probably save that for Haibane's next group game, eh, Photo? I'm putting her between Raven and Heather, being the toughest of the rescuees so far, where Raven is the softest of the survivalists.

Oh and if Pony dislikes judgemental psychos, she had better steer clear of Big Kate... Read the IC, you'll see why! *giggles*

Photo

I read the IC, BigK isn't the type of psycho that scares Pony/Whitney. not yet anyway, psycho's can change fast. :) I'm excited to post, I might have to create an NPC dom for her to start the RP with. anyway, we can pick up the conversation in the OOC, I posted there as well.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

scribus1000

Hmmm...Been looking at these OCC and IC threads, and I have to say I'm really interested in this. Though I'm wondering if the thread is still going(I've read up to page 5 by now and don't want to spoil any narrative for myself), and by extension if y'all can/are willing to take newcomers.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

AurelieCatena

Quote from: scribus1000 on November 17, 2013, 06:58:40 PM
Hmmm...Been looking at these OCC and IC threads, and I have to say I'm really interested in this. Though I'm wondering if the thread is still going(I've read up to page 5 by now and don't want to spoil any narrative for myself), and by extension if y'all can/are willing to take newcomers.

Hello!

Yes, it is still going, although at a slower pace than it used to. If you have read up to page 5, you must have noticed that there is only two of us involved right now, although Melkart plays several characters. If you want to join us you are very welcome. You could either take over one of the characters (ask Melkart about it), which would require getting well acquainted with every thing that has happened so far, or create a new one who our heroines meet (I would prefer that option).

scribus1000

Hrmmm...veryyy interesting...I'll have to read everything, which I'll do. The loss of so many players, especially under this premise, is a heavy disappointment though. I kinda liked the main base and hierarchy elements, and the characters I saw as well, and I'd like to hope that either this thread gets revitalized or an offshoot gets made with more activity. For now though I AM considering. *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

AurelieCatena

Indeed, the plot has somewhat shifted from the first posts. I hope you will like it.

scribus1000

Mhm, I've read most of it by now and I do like the new premise/plot. Question now is where to go from here. As well as how/where a character freshly made can fit into this.

Gonna head to bed soon, but reading this will be the last thing I do before poofing.