Lewd misadventures in [fantasy world]! E6 (D&D 3.5) Exotic, NC

Started by Koyume, July 06, 2011, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koyume

I'm fancying starting an E6 game. For those who don't know what E6 is, it's a spinoff of 3.5 and stands for Epic 6; basically it's just 3.5, but 6 is the level cap, and every five-thousand or so experience points you get after that gives you a feat instead. It has a few feats unique to it, like ones that permanently increase ability scores, or allow a 6th level spellcaster to cast a 4th level spell once per day, etc. Alternatively, we might try something like E7 or E8, if we get to level 6 and people are interested.

Now here's the kicker that might send people away: I'm hoping to find at least two others among those who join who are willing to take turns DMing with me. I imagine that it would work something like: I will probably begin the game, introduce a setting and get the characters together, and run an adventure of some sort. Then, depending on circumstances, I would hand the reigns of DMing over to someone else, who would take up the role and run a quest/adventure of their own. We would each run a character as well of course, and that character would continue adventuring with the party while their player was serving as DM (unless the DM wanted to send them away or incapacitate them for awhile). Running a long-term story/adventure would be somewhat difficult with multiple DMs, so the campaign would probably take a somewhat looser form than usual, with the characters traveling, taking up a quest of some sort, profiting or being humiliated and driven away (or both), then traveling again.

Even in this format though, it would make sense to have some kind of long-term goal; something loose that would fit in well and provide quite a bit of freedom and room for variation for the DMs would be like searching for various pieces of something (a magical stone/artifact/etc)... But anyway, we can figure that part out later.

Now, assuming anyone is interested in this, here's a few more details. As far as eroticism goes, it need not appear at all (and a particular player can always say "no" to a certain encounter if he/she wants), but assuming it does, it will probably take the form of rape of one sort or another at the hands/claws/tentacles of monsters and savage humanoids, and may very well be a consequence of losing a battle (or just of being cute and unlucky). I'd like to avoid most of the realistic consequences of this, and instead treat it more like a fantasy-hentai, where the humiliated girls just dust themselves off and continue, without too much moping.

Characters will probably start around level 1-3 (open to discussion), with standard wealth by level, and roll 5d6 (taking away the lowest two rolls) for ability scores. Each character can start with a single free item (not exceeding about 2,000 gp) that has some significance to the character him/herself, his/her history etc., but the item may bear some sort of minor, unique curse as well, the exact nature of which the players should come up with and ask about.

A character should have a backstory (about a paragraph or more), physical description, and personality. Pictures are optional, but slightly preferred.

Ask questions.

Edit: Character sheets should also mention the things that the player wants/does not want to have happen to the character, sexually. I personally dislike extreme pain, torture, and mutilation. I also dislike heavy bondage, but light (realistic) bondage (like being bound, gagged, placed in stocks, etc) is somewhat likely to occur at one point or another (though there needn't be any eroticism involved if the players are against it).

Primarch

I could get in on this, as a player and eventual part time DM.

In terms of classes, would you mind me using the Samurai as it appears in the Quintessential Samurai? Or rather, its first six (to eight) levels?

Tagan

I just finished a big 3.5 game here about 2 months back, and have played in two E6 games.

I'd be willing to DM if called upon.

I've a few character ideas... Elven Cat Wizard, Druid, Psychic Warrior/Monk...

Mystic Mika

Definately interested. I have never done E6 before but it sounds straightforward enough to me and it sounds like alot of fun.
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

PaleEnchantress

I would be interested if any of the other PC's are playing a bi/gay male for my character to partner with.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Koyume

Excellent, I'm happy about all the interest.

@Primarch: I'm not too familiar with those books, but I've looked at the class and don't see anything wrong with it, so go right ahead. As a general rule, I don't like homebrew material/Dragon Magazine stuff, so it should be asked about case-by-case.

Does level 3 sound like a good starting point to everyone? I kind've like it because it's when a lot of characters can start to come into their own; a rapier wielding rogue can finally take weapon finesse, wizards and clerics get 2nd level spells, everyone has a little bit of gold to play around with for unique equipment, etc.

I might post a first draft of my character soon to give everyone a model for their character sheet if they want it, but in the meantime anyone interested in playing should be thinking about their own character, and feel free to post him/her any time.

Also, like I said above, if you have any questions, ask them; I'd love to answer them. Virtually all WotC 3.5 material is acceptable, including Tome of Battle and whatnot.

BenedictWolfe

Cautiously interested.

Would a LA+2 race be allowed (half-ogre, to be specific)?

Insidious Word

I'd be interested if there is still room for another character.  Is the Binder from Tome of Magic acceptable?

Koyume

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on July 07, 2011, 10:51:25 AM
Cautiously interested.

Would a LA+2 race be allowed (half-ogre, to be specific)?

Mmm, it's a little iffy. The way E6 handles LA characters is to rather drastically reduce their starting ability scores in exchange for removing the LA (using the point buy method, a character with no LA would normally start with 32 points, but one with a +2 LA would only get 18). I'm certainly not against unusual characters, but a +2 LA character could either use point buy with just 18 points, or roll 3d6 for stats.

Also, as an alternative, everyone can choose to use 32 point buy instead of rolling if they want.

Edit:
Quote from: Insidious Word on July 07, 2011, 10:59:58 AM
I'd be interested if there is still room for another character.  Is the Binder from Tome of Magic acceptable?

There's certainly still room for characters, given that none actually exist yet. I'm hoping for a party of 5 or 6. Binder is fine, but I'll admit I haven't been around it much.

Tagan

Oh my.  Tome of Battle?

Hmm.

Well, I could use a feat from there if I play that Monk/Psychic Warrior.

PhantomPistoleer

... Whatever you do, don't let Tagan be a Monk/Psychic Warrior!

I'm also interested in playing in an E6 game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

Because Breland howler monkeys are so much better!

:p

Hi Pistoleer!

Videospirit

This sounds quite interesting. I'd be willing to take a turn dming as well.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Tagan on July 07, 2011, 12:48:27 PM
Because Breland howler monkeys are so much better!

:p

Hi Pistoleer!

Argh.  I really liked that character.  :/
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

I'm more interested in creating an E6 character.  It's unlikely we'll ever use the E6 rules if we start at 3rd.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Koyume

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 08, 2011, 01:07:28 AM
I'm more interested in creating an E6 character.  It's unlikely we'll ever use the E6 rules if we start at 3rd.

Well, in a way we would be using E6 rules, in that we would be playing characters below 7th level...

You don't seem to have much faith in your fellow online role-players to keep a game going for long.  :o :'(
I understand though, and I'm fine with starting right at level 5 or 6 if everyone's okay with that.

Koyume

The setting will not be an established one; it will be something between generic and homebrew. Factotum is fine, there aren't really any limitations on what classes/etc are allowed, so long as it's official material and not blatantly broken in some way. I'm kind've hoping to avoid heavy optimization.

As far as the difficulties of the format, well, just think of it as an experiment I guess. I haven't actually tried it before, so it'll be a new experience.

Edit: Ah, and I'm happy to have you on board of course. I don't like to handle things 'first come, first serve', but basically we'll be starting as soon as myself and about five others have characters ready.

PaleEnchantress

Ahh so it's almost just "post a character sheet" time. I think I have a partner and the two of us would like to join. I try posting a sheet later today.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Tagan

Oh?  I have about 3 sheets and concepts ready.

Which should I post (I wonder.)

I think the Elven Cat/Wizard, if you've no objections?

Primarch

Videospirit

I guess I'll go with starting level third for the moment and up it later if we decide we want to start higher.

Thinking a Duskblade that is either human female or Dragonborn Orc Male.

Koyume

Quote from: Videospirit on July 08, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
I guess I'll go with starting level third for the moment and up it later if we decide we want to start higher.

Well, on that subject, we should really figure that out first to save everyone the trouble. Before posting a character, everyone should cast in a vote for what level we should start at.

PhantomPistoleer

Level 6 with 10,000 extra XP to buy extra feats and abilities.  That's my vote.

Also, maybe we should ask The Great Triangle if we can borrow the rules he posted in that one E6 game he ran.

I'd also want for the game to be either rolled or 32 point buy.  Not either or.

We will also have to settle for gold.  I say...  30,000?

And HP?  I don't know about this one!  Max?  I don't know.

At any rate, I was ALSO interested in playing a factotum and a binder.  But these have been taken!  :(  So I'll probably want to play a knight-like character.  Paladin?  Knight? 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O