Vampire the Masquerade: Black Gold [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, February 22, 2016, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

Quote from: Blythe on February 22, 2016, 07:17:02 PM
13th gen permitted, it's just 14th and 15th that are not.

Final query...Dementation? Yes or No?  (I have never built a Kook without it but can if need be)
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Blythe

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 22, 2016, 07:41:16 PM
Final query...Dementation? Yes or No?  (I have never built a Kook without it but can if need be)

Dementation is allowed, but ask before using it on fellow players' characters. ^^

RubySlippers

Kooks can opt for Dominate to its a bloodline for the clan, or spend some XP and learn both options.

I'm going to play a 13th Generation Caitiff now for her learning her disciplines by herself which option would be best please help me choose:

1. Hammer Films Vamp

2. Twilight Vamp

3. Lost Boys Vamp

4. Underworld Vamp

5. Dracula Novel Vamp

Blythe

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 22, 2016, 08:12:41 PM
I'm going to play a 13th Generation Caitiff now for her learning her disciplines by herself which option would be best please help me choose:

1. Hammer Films Vamp

2. Twilight Vamp

3. Lost Boys Vamp

4. Underworld Vamp

5. Dracula Novel Vamp

Not exactly sure what you're asking here?

If you're not sure about Disciplines, pick the ones you most want to use/play. :/

A quick reminder for everyone: I am promising that this is not first-come first-serve; I'll pick players that have strong concepts who I feel will mesh well together. There is no rush on character creation, and feel free to bat around general concepts. This game isn't anywhere near starting and won't be for at least a week.

(Been a bit since I GMed Revised, I probably need to go pop the book open for a brief refresher)

Wolfling72

Ok...I have an initial work up for a 13th gen Malk. Gonna slip my sheet to your PM box...haven't chosen a look yet, Therefore no picture. Additional Info (your requested paragraph) will be included. Then you can tell me yay or nay...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

CShades

Duuuuuuuurnint you guys.

Like I don't already have enough to write.

mumblegrumblearghlebarghleomg.

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Wolfling72

Quote from: CShades on February 22, 2016, 08:59:25 PM
Duuuuuuuurnint you guys.

Like I don't already have enough to write.

mumblegrumblearghlebarghleomg.

well fancy seeing you here...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Kolbrandr

I'm mostly leaning towards a Toreador of some sort, but figured to ask just as far as side ideas, do you consider the Assamite Schism as having happened (where a bunch joined the Camarilla and what have you)? Are Lasombra Antitribu any sort of valid?

Elven Sex Goddess

Blythe

Quote from: Kolbrandr on February 22, 2016, 09:39:03 PM
I'm mostly leaning towards a Toreador of some sort, but figured to ask just as far as side ideas, do you consider the Assamite Schism as having happened (where a bunch joined the Camarilla and what have you)? Are Lasombra Antitribu any sort of valid?

Never much dealt with the effects of the Schism in previous games I've run since Assamites didn't much feature in them. Since the Revised rulebook initially mentions the Assamite weakness being for the taste of vitae and not being the Tremere curse, I'm fine with having the Schism be canon for this particular game unless the majority of players prefer that it not be.

Edit: Not sure about Lasombra antitribu yet. Need to think on that.

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on February 22, 2016, 09:46:50 PM
Character sheet submission

Received and will review it in the next day or so. Thank you. :)

Quote from: Wolfling72 on February 22, 2016, 08:40:39 PM
Ok...I have an initial work up for a 13th gen Malk. Gonna slip my sheet to your PM box...haven't chosen a look yet, Therefore no picture. Additional Info (your requested paragraph) will be included. Then you can tell me yay or nay...

Confirming I've received your sheet and will also be reviewing it in the next day or so. No problem on the lack of picture! Thank you as well.

VioletPanda

I haven't played too much Vampire- would it be alright if I play a retainer or Ghoul or another character?

I was also thinking about a Toreador, one perhaps 'stolen' from the Ventrue by virtue of the Sire not having been given the right while the Toreador who did Embrace her was.  >:)
  She might be odd.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

VonDoom

Blythe, I have an old character concept that I never really got to properly play I'm interested in reviving -- would you mind having a look at a short profile I did for him for another game, to see if he sounds like a character you'd enjoy? If yes, I'll draft up a properly adapted submission, otherwise I'll think about alternatives ... the image I'm using there is drawn, not anime, but if real pictures are preferred for this, I'll replace it with an image of Peter Cushing.

Sebastian D. Richter, Elderly Tremere
Sebastian D. Richter
Apparent Age: Mid-Fifties
Height: 6'0
Eyes: gray
Hair: black, silver streaks
Demeanor: Scientist
Clan: Tremere
Sire: Helene Taylor

Character Image

A refined man seemingly just past his fifties, Sebastian has a pale, rather severe face with a strong jawline, a hawk-like nose and piercing gray eyes that give the impression that the man rarely if ever misses anything.

His apparent age has left a mark, with small  wrinkles prominent around the eyes and around the edges of his lips. His graying black hair is combed back and cut short, allowing for a prominent view of the man's widow's peak, only slightly enhanced by the creeping specter of potential baldness; a clean-shaven face completes the well-kept image.

The man's usual attire can be described as formal but understated; gray suits, brown jackets -- slightly old-fashioned, but well within the range of what a man of his age might conceivably wear without standing out.

Further demonstrating the ravages of advanced age, Sebastian obviously favors his left leg and usually carries an expensive-looking, black-lacquered walking stick for support. Despite or perhaps because of this, he possesses a certain natural dignity that most other neonates struggle to maintain.

One of the three Tremere sired by Helene Taylor, the Regent of their DC Chantry, Sebastian appears to be an up and coming neonate among their ranks. He strongly evokes the classic image associated with the clan as scholars and mystics, with his gaunt and strict appearance, but is still often seen at Elysium and has demonstrated an interest in affairs of politics and business.

In his affairs, he always demonstrates excellent manners, though these rarely conceil the coldness about his person. Sebastian doesn't appear to have a warm or pleasant bone in his body and clearly isn't out to make friends.

He is usually thought to reside exclusively in the Chantry, but maintains a new age shop he owned in his mortal days. His ghoul, one Katherine Tremaine, handles its business and will take messages for him during the day. The store is recognized as his own small domain and he will often receive visitors there at night. The merchandise consists mostly of geegaws to satisfy mortal superstitions, but rumors claim that he uses it as a front to purchase real material for occult rituals.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Blythe

Quote from: VioletPanda on February 22, 2016, 10:28:23 PM
   I haven't played too much Vampire- would it be alright if I play a retainer or Ghoul or another character?

I lean away from having player characters be retainers or ghouls; I'd have to do with a 'no' on that one.

Quote from: VioletPanda on February 22, 2016, 10:28:23 PM
I was also thinking about a Toreador, one perhaps 'stolen' from the Ventrue by virtue of the Sire not having been given the right while the Toreador who did Embrace her was.  >:)
  She might be odd.

This is a potentially interesting idea for a character concept! The V20 edition had a great 2 pt. flaw that could easily be ported over to Revised called Rival Sires, which is pretty much 2 vampires vying for the right to sire, and the losing vampire frenzies more often in the presence of their rival vampire and sire--and tends to be an enemy of some sort.

Quote from: VonDoom on February 23, 2016, 12:22:13 AM
Blythe, I have an old character concept that I never really got to properly play I'm interested in reviving -- would you mind having a look at a short profile I did for him for another game, to see if he sounds like a character you'd enjoy? If yes, I'll draft up a properly adapted submission, otherwise I'll think about alternatives ... the image I'm using there is drawn, not anime, but if real pictures are preferred for this, I'll replace it with an image of Peter Cushing.

Sebastian D. Richter, Elderly Tremere
Sebastian D. Richter
Apparent Age: Mid-Fifties
Height: 6'0
Eyes: gray
Hair: black, silver streaks
Demeanor: Scientist
Clan: Tremere
Sire: Helene Taylor

Character Image

A refined man seemingly just past his fifties, Sebastian has a pale, rather severe face with a strong jawline, a hawk-like nose and piercing gray eyes that give the impression that the man rarely if ever misses anything.

His apparent age has left a mark, with small  wrinkles prominent around the eyes and around the edges of his lips. His graying black hair is combed back and cut short, allowing for a prominent view of the man's widow's peak, only slightly enhanced by the creeping specter of potential baldness; a clean-shaven face completes the well-kept image.

The man's usual attire can be described as formal but understated; gray suits, brown jackets -- slightly old-fashioned, but well within the range of what a man of his age might conceivably wear without standing out.

Further demonstrating the ravages of advanced age, Sebastian obviously favors his left leg and usually carries an expensive-looking, black-lacquered walking stick for support. Despite or perhaps because of this, he possesses a certain natural dignity that most other neonates struggle to maintain.

One of the three Tremere sired by Helene Taylor, the Regent of their DC Chantry, Sebastian appears to be an up and coming neonate among their ranks. He strongly evokes the classic image associated with the clan as scholars and mystics, with his gaunt and strict appearance, but is still often seen at Elysium and has demonstrated an interest in affairs of politics and business.

In his affairs, he always demonstrates excellent manners, though these rarely conceil the coldness about his person. Sebastian doesn't appear to have a warm or pleasant bone in his body and clearly isn't out to make friends.

He is usually thought to reside exclusively in the Chantry, but maintains a new age shop he owned in his mortal days. His ghoul, one Katherine Tremaine, handles its business and will take messages for him during the day. The store is recognized as his own small domain and he will often receive visitors there at night. The merchandise consists mostly of geegaws to satisfy mortal superstitions, but rumors claim that he uses it as a front to purchase real material for occult rituals.

Picture is great (it's specifically Japanese anime images I'm trying to stay away from). Character concept for Sebastian is one I like very much and would work in this setting with a few adaptations (he'd need to have a reason to be in Tulsa or have some sort of local Tulsa ties). I'd love to see a completed/adapted write-up and sheet for him.  :-)

I'll try to go over the submitted sheets I have over the next couple of days. Accepted sheet will have their stats formatted for the forum and posted in a character sheet thread, and I'll update this thread with links to those sheets. That being said, my focus over the next day or two is to do a small write-up of basic information about Tulsa to put in the first post here--nothing too heavy, but enough to give interested people a good basis of what the place is like for characters.

VonDoom

Glad you like it! I'll adapt him as having had his shop in Tulsa, I think, once you have the info out  -- did you have anything in mind for the local Tremere already? Would it work for him to still be the 'newest' Childe of the Regent? If so, I'd appreciate some info on that, either via PM or in the info drop so I can work it in accordingly.

Oh, regarding Thaumaturgy -- any preferences regarding that? I know some STs just don't want people maining anything but the Path of Blood, whilst others have them looked at oddly and others don't really care.

I've been seriously, seriously itching to try out one of the Paths in Blood Magic: Secrets of Thaumaturgy called 'Mastery of the Mortal Shell' because it's just … so insanely creepy and would work really well for him thematically and style-wise. I'll be upfront and say that the path definitely needs to be adjusted -- the entry itself calls for Fortitude as a hard requirement to resist, which is rather insane, especially since it doesn't make allowances for other supernaturals. My recommended adjustment is that supernatural beings can automatically just roll Stamina to resist and add Fortitude if applicable.

Let me know if you need the writeup -- or don't want any but the thaumaturgy paths from the more main-line books (presumably core, camarilla, sabbat and clan books).

Also, rituals -- how do you want to handle those?

Sorry about all the questions. Tremere are kinda complicated. ;D I'd love to see the occultism and pyramid structure play into the game, but can live without -- I mean, it's not a Tremere game. (I do kinda hold out hope that one comes along sometime where I could play this guy … ironically, Tremere aren't even among my top favorite clans. I just really want to play this character.)

For the record, my top clans are probably…
Gangrel, Ravnos, Malkavian, Lasombra, Followers of Set.

And Kiasyd, kinda. Wrote an alternate version of them once that tied into Abyss Mysticism and the Shadowlands, because I really liked this idea of a bogeyman scholar who steals your memories and records them in his library. Rather terrifying.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Lockepick

I love Blythe vampire! I'll muddle around some ideas and get something out! I have to remember my Masquerade lore over Requiem lore.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Wolfling72

Quote from: lockepick on February 23, 2016, 07:17:36 AM
I love Blythe vampire! I'll muddle around some ideas and get something out! I have to remember my Masquerade lore over Requiem lore.

Didn't we both join in one of his games long ago, a Requiem based one?? Yeah we did...I still have the link in my o/o's!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Blythe

Note: See first post edit. Only players in the "Current interested players" list should continue to post here/make a character. Because I can only take 4-6 people, as this is a more linear game and not sandbox, I don't want to over-glut on interest and risk having to turn away more people than necessary.

Crash

Blythe - As interested as I am, it would take me some time to get a character together.  Why don't you remove me and give the remaining players a better shot at acceptance.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kolbrandr

Blythe

Quote from: Crash on February 23, 2016, 12:43:25 PM
Blythe - As interested as I am, it would take me some time to get a character together.  Why don't you remove me and give the remaining players a better shot at acceptance.

I thank you for the interest, and I thank you as well for your courtesy to the other interested players. *tips his hat to Crash!* Wishing you the best!

Quote from: Kolbrandr on February 23, 2016, 01:36:24 PM
how long do I have to throw a character together?

Only two sheets are submitted right now, which I haven't reviewed yet. Two other individuals are waiting on my input for concepts or statistics. You've got a few days or so. I'm probably not approving any sheets for at least two days while I'm getting things together. I want to give everyone a fair shake at submitting a sheet before selecting players.

First post edit! I'm including some information about Tulsa. Most of it is pulled from or paraphrased from Wikipedia, but in this case, Wikipedia was accurate. I'm not striving for accuracy, mostly just to hit the tone, so I wanted to provide more info without overwhelming folks with setting material. ^^

AndyZ

I'm definitely interested ^_^ Just trying to decide which clans would work without stepping on toes.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

I need to finish some things up submitted a solid draft of my Caitiff build, yay vampire trash, who should be able to function in multiple ways combat and social as she gets experience. If nothing else she can only get better you can't get much lower than a Caitiff in Camarilla Society.  ;D

VioletPanda

I'll be submitting my sheet later tonight!  Just got done with a 3 hour class though  so I need to defrag...
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

AndyZ

VonDoom, I'm playing with various concepts and wanted to ask how you'd feel about someone else going for a Tremere.  Would you prefer to be the only PC one?  Totally cool if so.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.