Real Life Doctor or Nurse Needed

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, June 02, 2015, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

First off, let me be very clear on saying if you are not a qualified Nurse or Doctor please, I'm sure you mean well but I need actual factual help.

There is nothing wrong with me, I'm not looking for someone to diagnose me over the internet. I promise.

I'm writing a scene in my novel and I need expert help. Now, if you don't know about trauma care, such as how to fix a collapsed lung I don't think you'll be able to help me.

So, if you do think you can help me, it's not necessarily about a collapsed lung, please PM me!

If this is the wrong place to put this, I apologize.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Oreo

I don't know if they will see this thread, but you might inquire directly of either MzNurse or Pumpkin Seeds.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

TeamVelma

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on June 02, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
First off, let me be very clear on saying if you are not a qualified Nurse or Doctor please, I'm sure you mean well but I need actual factual help.

There is nothing wrong with me, I'm not looking for someone to diagnose me over the internet. I promise.

I'm writing a scene in my novel and I need expert help. Now, if you don't know about trauma care, such as how to fix a collapsed lung I don't think you'll be able to help me.

So, if you do think you can help me, it's not necessarily about a collapsed lung, please PM me!

If this is the wrong place to put this, I apologize.

Look up 'chest drain' - this is where a cut is made between the ribs into the chest cavity and a tube with a one-way valve is inserted and stitched in place.  As the person breathes the lung inflates and any blood/fluid/air in the pleural cavity comes out via the tube allowing the lung to inflate.  The person can then breathe easier and their blood oxygen saturation gets a lot better with general happiness all round. - I'm not a medic but I've seen enough trauma tv to have seen it done a few times.
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

sleepingferret

I'm not a doctor or nurse... but if you do need to know more about collapsed lung care...

I'd have to pick my own brain, because it's going on 15 years now.  But I've had my own personal experience with such.  Wasn't exactly the most "entertaining" time, and well just as many surgery patients, I have the scars as reminders.