A Few I'd Like to See

Started by Vandren, February 20, 2007, 10:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Ok, so the ideas I've come up with as a potential GM haven't generated much interest.  Maybe someone else can do better.  :)  Here's some indication of what I'd like to join up with:

a) Something sci-fi (freeform or GURPS) that's either not part of TV/movies or is based in Farscape
-- Strangely I've recently been considering an Arabian Nights themed SF (Genie's being androids or genetically engineered servants?)
---- Probably too much C.J. Cherryh (Hammerfall)

b) Hmm . . . well, I guess I'm just in a SF mood.  Though I wouldn't turn down a mage themed/focused (magi running things and/or dominating society) fantasy, modern or traditional.

c) Horseclans . . .
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

CaptainErotica

I might be able to cook up something along the lines of #2. Give me a few days to see what I can come up with.

ChrissaM

Horseclans... what do you mean by that?
Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8762.new#new
I'm open to literally just about anything.  Ons and Offs is just general info.  Ask me if you've got an idea!  I don't bite people who ask!  Unless they want to be bitten...

HairyHeretic

Series of novels from .. the 80s I think, maybe even the 70s. Post apocalyptic, set some centuries after whats presumbably a third world war. The man characters are horse nomads in the central US, who have telepathic abilities (mindspeak), and can talk with their horses, prairecats (big felines .. lion / tiger things) and each other.

Civilisation is back to mostly a medievil level, so lots of swords and armour.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vandren

Basically, though from what I recall, mindspeak didn't work all that well between people.  Robert Adams.

(That one came to mind after I rearranged a bunch of stuff and unearthed the copy of GURPS Horseclans I managed to acquire a couple years ago.)

But, I think I'm gonna close this up for now, since it looks like I will be running something and RL has its own demands.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

HairyHeretic

Depends on the people. Some are quite capable of having conversations, though they take only a fraction of the time a verbal one does. Others barely have enough mindspeak to be reachable at all.

I have the first 10 or so novels on my book shelf. Didn't know there was a game.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vandren

I've got 11 of the novels, though I'm not certain any beyond the first five are in order.  :)

SJGames did a GURPS version back in the early 80s.  It's been out of print for at least 15 years, usually sells on eBay/Half for $20+ (original cover price is about $10), I think I snagged my copy there for under $5.