Battlefield: Ground Zero - Interest check (Based off Perfect Dark)

Started by Eve Lacus, June 25, 2011, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve Lacus

In the distant future mankind has traveled and colonized on massive number of planets, after fighting in numerous interstellar wars, humans were finally able to create a new government known as Galactic Global Union. Unfortunately as the new government was becoming more established, the economy of each planet was still suffering greatly from the finical straits of the previous war. Needing a fast solution the government petitioned to the newly formed hypercorporations to use their influence to pull Global Union out bankruptcy. Not willing to pass up an opportunity to hold such immense power within the government, the selected six cooperate empires eagerly agreed and began their clandestine battle for market dominance. Welcoming the united planets into a new era of the hypercorporation

The present…

The year now is 3109, twenty years have pasted since that time, the private war of the hypercorporation continues. The government now is covertly controlled by the individual cooperate empires - dataDyne (and its subsidiaries Dataflow, pharmaDyne, and Pathos Casualty), Beck-Yama International and the Steinberg Institute to name a few. Each has its own military and intelligence divisions; recently a deadly strain of flu has broken out on three of the top economical planets (Olima, Yevon, Absolu). The media across the star system has urged global population to remain clam and allow the government to fully ascertain the situation. Though eventually, the situation grows out of control and the epidemic spreads before the Union can issue any type of statement. The state of affairs escalates to such a height that several areas of untied planets are placed under quarantine. Anyone trying to cross the borders is shot on sight.

The solution…

On one the infected planets (not far from the quarantine areas) a young female has managed to miraculously become immune to the virus. Seeing a big opportunity to end this madness, the Steinberg Institute used their influence to acquire the girl as a potential test subject for the vaccine. Not taking any chances at losing the population only possibility of survival to the competition. The Institute sent two of their best operatives to acquire, what was only known as the "Package." Yet…unknowingly to the Institute, two of the other six corporations, (pharmaDyne and Beck-Yama) see the female as an opportunity to sell the vaccine back to the public at high market value.

* Your mission:

Steinberg Institute: As one the two operatives, your job is to protect and retrieve the “package,” until you and your partner has safely delivered it back to the Institute.

Beck-Yama & dataDyne: As one of the two operatives of the opposing companies your mission is to try to acquire the "package" from the Institute. No matter the cost.

* Characters that are needed:

Steinberg Institute Agent # 1 Michelle Hamilton (Eve)
Steinberg Institute Agent # 2;
Beck-Yama International Agent # 1;
Beck-Yama & International Agent # 2;
dataDyne Agent # 1;
dataDyne Agent # 2;

* Things you need to know:

• Characters are allowed to come from any of the one planet’s apart of the Union but please post how you became involved with the hypercorporation in your background.
  • Characters may have genetic augmentation if you choose (though please not every one needs to have such a characteristic ).
  • Characters can be any age from 25 to late 30(s) years old.
  • The main basis of the role-play will be set upon the planet Olima.
  • This is a futuristic base role-play. So technology will be very advanced.
  • Weapons will remain some what primitive, and slightly futuristic.
  • Will there be mature content in the role-play? Most likely yes?
  • Any more questions you might have can be asked inside this thread. I don't mind answering anything. ^^

* Character Sheet

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[b]Real Name[/b]:
[b] Code Name[/b]:
[b] Age[/b]:
[b] Gender[/b]:
[b] Allegiance[/b]: (The company you work for...)
[b] Personality[/b]:
[b] Background[/b]:
[b] Skills[/b]:
[b] Weapons[/b]:
[b] Appearance[/b]:
[b] Wardrobe[/b]:

* Sample Character Sheet: My Character

Code Name: Revanche (Rev)
Allegiance : Steinberg Institute
Personality: Michelle is divulged to be the type of girl, who is almost always cold, and out spoken. Though most people that know her would describe her as a "necessary evil ". Michelle will kill anyone she has been assigned to assassinate without any hesitation and with no exceptions. In her point of view nothing is above the mission, and she has no problem manipulating or using others to further her the means to the end. Even going as far using her body sexually to further her own gain to achieve her goal. While those who hardly know her see it as immoral, Michelle sees it as the necessary steps to achieve the goal. She leaves it no secret that dangerous situation gives her a deep sense of thrill (but never outwardly shows her pleasure in her physical expression.) However due to her memories of the original donor she at times can show a tad bit of compassion to those she has not been specifically ordered to kill, and even to occasionally offer assistance to those in need. However, she has also demonstrates a willingness to kill innocents if they pose a liability. At times when she can feel the original donors feeling surfacing she can seem remotely like a normal person. Though she soon reverts back to her old self, once she is back in the heat of battle.
Background: Moiré is a genetically enhanced clone, created through the culmination of decades of secret research into gene augmentation, she was manufactured secretly by a corporation known as Geneodyne Industries. The company used DNA cells unknowingly donated by a high-ranking ex-operative of the Steinberg Institute. From a small age she was trained to be the companies ultimate weapon but scientist found that she lack the cold ruthlessness to kill. Later it was revealed that Michelle still had retained some of the original donors memories (and with that the same hate that the person had for Geneodyne.) Along with the other clones, Michelle was trained to kill efficiently. Instructed in the use of firearms, military hardware, and more classic tools of assassination. As time passed the doctors became more aware of Michelle rebellious defiance. They kept her under constant lock down only to be released when she was called for test or hone her abilities. After so many years of training she finally escaped the underground facility, after escaping the confines of her prison and killing more then half of the other clones sent to stop her and killing one the security guard. She disguised herself in the guard's uniform and escaped the GD underground. After hiding out for a bit Michelle forged a new identity (Revanche) and began working for Institute. Unbeknown to the super clone, her escape was deliberately orchestrated by GeneoDyne itself, who concluded that Michelle escape into the outside world be the final test in her training.
Skills: Michelle is depicted as an athletic woman, she displays an exceptionally high level of combat skill, particularly with firearms. For example, she is able to single-handedly fight her way through a small army of mercenaries. She is a young, quick, agile, athletic fighter. She is physically strong due to her genetic augmentation, and has often overpowered foes much larger than herself. Michelle has excellent hand-to-hand combat skills and mild skill with a sword based weapons.
Weapons: Shotgun, Gun hostlers, backpack, scanners, Heckler and Koch, .45 USP Match, shotgun, Uzi, Silent pistols, magnums, grenade launcher, grapple hooks, digital video camera, sonar, MMG, Combat knife, hunting dagger, and other etc

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone
- Audrey Hepburn

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results
- Winston Churchill

MarcothTalos

Well cover me in interest!!! Oh yes pun intended lol. Working on my character sheet, but I have a question or two, what type of genetic modifications? Alien races? Limitations on size and control of adult type actions? Are we using the weapons that are in the game perfect dark or can we expand? Alter those said weapons? Just basics that I could come up with in one sitting lol. Let me know asap so I can finish this character sheet!

Ha ha ha, and also character will be male and working for one of the two other corps, always like playing the evil psycho.
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

Eve Lacus

Great! The genetic modifications could involve cloning, modifying ones physical, or mental strength.  We could have alien races, but more like Predator, than Alien I would say.  The mission above all is what should be important. So the adult content would be to involve how far the agent would go to achieve the goal. As for the weapons I would thing that we would expand on the weapons, giving a wider range on cobat options. Oh, and it is ok if you play an evil psycho. ^^. I made my agent a ruthless killing machine.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone
- Audrey Hepburn

- Winston Churchill

MarcothTalos

I see my dear. Although ruthless killers, are often sooo....boring lol. So I prefer the more so sadistic out for the paycheck types, mercenaries. Although I do enjoy this still, how about  I just finish up this damn character and w shall see how it goes, I will post up a predator character, since you gave me such a delightful alien, but i will put up two shall we say it like that?

That work out? You can choose one or i can play both.

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

The Clown Prince

I'd be interested in playing the other Steinberg character.
O/O           Clown's Thoughts              The Clown has Escaped!
I have sworn the Oath of Drake! :o

Eve Lacus

Quote from: MarcothTalos on June 25, 2011, 08:32:50 PM
I see my dear. Although ruthless killers, are often sooo....boring lol. So I prefer the more so sadistic out for the paycheck types, mercenaries. Although I do enjoy this still, how about  I just finish up this damn character and w shall see how it goes, I will post up a predator character, since you gave me such a delightful alien, but i will put up two shall we say it like that?

That work out? You can choose one or i can play both.
To each is own. ^^ You can make your character personality whatever you desire. I look forwrd to seeing the two profiles you come up with.

Quote from: The Clown Prince on June 26, 2011, 05:46:02 AM
I'd be interested in playing the other Steinberg character.

Clown you are going to be my partner. You are the best. ^^

- Audrey Hepburn

- Winston Churchill

MarcothTalos

(Human character coming later, but here he is. The humans will only know him as Predator nine, or Nine. He speaks most all languages of the humans through his races, tech. If you want something changed, just bring it up! Thanks for the patience Eve!)

Code Name: Predator No. 9. AKA "9"

Age: Unknown for certain because the translators often showed T'Shar to be one of few words, but he is on file as being at least 271 years old. His race living often to almost 600 years. He is considered middle age, but those standards, though is enormous compared to regular humans.

Gender: Many assume male cause of his armor and gear placement. Though the truth is always uncertain in the lower mercs minds.

Allegiance: dataDyne

Personality: He is a cold creature, as are most of his kind. He was enormous, standing a solid mound of meat at 7'10", although it was considered average for the males of his kind, and small compared to the much large females. With his size he uses it to keep most humans away from him. Though fellow mercs find him much calmer around them. Giving respect to fellow Predators, in every species. He only cares for the pay which has no value to him at all, but keeping him fed without killing an entire restaurant. He understands the mission, but often he will mind fuck his prey, waiting for them to be terrified beyond compare and then moving into the targets face. The only thing anyone really knows for sure about T'Shar, is he will kill whatever his target is, or protect whatever is assigned. This time he had both. His opinion and attitude towards humans, only the strong were worth his time, male or female. Though he often showed more respect to the women of races than the men.

Background:
      Predator's are a female ran society of great warrior clans. The only thing that the men of their group were used for daily was hunting for food, and scouting missions or in needed cases, to exterminate lower species. The women of each clan dealt with the warring between each other, making the males of clans run the actual society when dealing with the inner workings of the clans. With that known to T'Shar he trained himself as part of the scouting teams. In the care of how T'Shar was brought to be a mercenary, since it was forbidden by his entire planet to kill and fight for money instead of honor, he was known as clanless. This can come about in three ways. First the clan is wiped out by war or weakness or by the Great warrior Mother of the entire planet. She would rarely, but has in the past, wiped clans from the face of the planet for a grave insult or dereliction of the laws in her 429 years of rule, the longest ruling Warrior Mother to date. The second, was the event of an entire clan exiling one of their own out of fear, anger, or order of the Warrior Mother.
     Lastly, in the event of clans mixing bloods, which would be forbidden, either through a female demanding another warrior of another clan, or a idiot male who courts the wrong female. When an offspring is going to born of a separate clans, the three are forced to leave or the female would be bond and beaten and raped by the males clan. The male would be unbound and force to submit to the other men of the the females clan, and be raped by them as well as the females who would use spears, wristblades, legs and arms of killed minor beasts. What ever would cause the most insult and pain, afterward his wrist blade is ripped from his flash causing the Predator to die. The wrist blades for the Predator are their soul and life, if they are removed from a Predator's flesh, their body will never be able to seal the wound and if medicine from any species was introduced, the body would create an auto immune disease as the humans would call it, and treat the medicine as a virus and attack it, ripping the body apart and causing liquidation every organ starting with the least vital.
     T'Shar was the cause of the first. While on a scouting mission for his own clan mother, T'shar and his four man team were caught on an off world hunting for beasts to send to the proving. It wasn't until they were ambushed by the creatures who could see through their technology and killed his crew members. Upon returning to the ship, he reported his events to his clan, and the home planet. When he did so he heard back from representatives of the Warrior Mother, but not his clan. We asked, they told him he was clanless now, and would be given a honorable death if he returned. The only way to live in their society was without dishonor, to be clanless, it was the worse insult that any of them could be named. The reasoning for his clan dying was a great battle between them and the last clan of the Brutes. The females of the clan often growing to near eleven feet tall as an average. Their weapons were more crude, keeping plasma out of their tech. Fighting spear and blade only, and at times net guns would be used on the males to keep them. His clan was wiped down to the last child, but in that battle, only three females of the clan survived. Leaving the oldest of the clan alive, meant for a very unlikely chance to have a clan mother who could control all the much more populated males.
     T'Shar refused and wished the Warrior Mother to honor his clan for their strength in nearly killing every woman in the opposing clan. She said she would honor it, but refused to allow him to return home, other wise the entire Warrior council would invoke the right of Slavery to claim him as a weak male. He would be raped and used for a personal training dummy for live warrior fighting for females who wished to join the Warrior council, it usually left those who were slaves for this being castrated on the first fight. Then slowly cut piece by piece till dead, it rarely took more than four fights.
     In a rage fit of loosing his fellow clansmen to the beasts, and his entire clan, destroyed. T'Shar left to the human races. He felt like some sport, he figured after killing a few people or they would come looking for him and he would then have a true test to earn his death. He never knew the humans who came hunting him weren't offering death, they were offering a contract. Basically a blank contract in terms of his payment. T'Shar was worthless to the Warrior Mother, he accepted their offer, and held back his payment, telling them in their own language. (T'Sahr had many run ins with the human species in hunts. He considered them squishier than most, but their intellect was intriguing, and their abilities as warriors were at times admirable. He learned it was a rare quality.)  DataDyne allowed him to continue without payment with glee, but T'shar made it clear he would be supplied with supplies for every mission, and he would never allow a human on his ship without fighting him first. If the man survived, he would allow him to fight with him, but seven dead good agents later, dataDyne let him operate alone.
      Though this new mission came with another challenger, T'Shar sighed at the prospect of the idea, his mask off as he sat in his ship, the message from the humans was annoying. Though he had little respect for the suit wearing idiots, the human's as a whole got on his nerves, though he enjoyed the sight of the females being smaller than the men. In his world he was the inferior gender, here with the humans, he was above everyone and as male, considered stronger in his race. Though he never encouraged the rumor that he was male, or even that his race considered males stronger than the women. If the humans only knew of the truth of things. A warrior mother would terrify these beings, they wouldn't understand or know how to handle the true glory of the beast like females of his clan.

Skills: Expert in stalking, hunting, and killing any species of the known worlds. Hand to hand expert, brute strength, fierce warrior instinct to survive most wounds that would kill other beings. Pure perfect instincts and a unique understanding of most languages the humans speak.

Weapons:
Spear, retracts to 3.5 feet, and extends at full length to 9 feet.

Throwing disk, fast moving steel disk that can hit a target up to 50 yards or so.

Wristblade, goes from barely to his mid claw, to two feet from his fist. He only had one implanted to his flesh.

Appearance:
Masked.......

Unmasked...........

Wardrobe:See Photos, lowers is a simple leather like material ragged over his waist to his bare clawed feet. He rarely wears armor over his upper body other than his left shoulder, and he does have the weapons such as a plasma caster, and plasma pistol, but he refuses to use them after being clanless, claiming he lost his right to use them.

Eve Lacus

Character looks good. Consider him accepted. Though you said you had another character you wanted to post. Have you decided on using this character, or will you bee adding the second?

- Audrey Hepburn

- Winston Churchill

MarcothTalos

I will be posting up my human character by the weeks end i hope. Got Real life screwing with me lol.