Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireandblood

Robin really couldn't believe what was happening, but she reacted all the same. She was very glad her parents had been indulgent in her obsessions all those years ago, buying her "spell" books and the guide to magical duels. As the Doctor and the rest of the team fled to the TARDIS, she followed, flinging spells at the oncoming army of Death Eaters and other creatures. And despite how frightened she was, she found herself smiling as she finally reached the doors, turning and running before the Doctor closed the door behind her.

"That was so much fun," she breathed, panting and looking elatedly at the wand in her hand. Then, she looked up as Ron, Harry, and Hermione exclaimed over the TARDIS... Only for Hermione and Ron to crush the Doctor's hopes. As he started banging his head against the controls, Robin roared with laughter, bending over and putting her hands on her knees. Then, she walked to the two of them and pulled them into a hug.

"You two have just made my day," Robin said with a broad smile. "It's really funny to see that smug face just wiped clean. Thank you." But she rolled her eyes when Harry finally gave in... Even though she had to forgive him. He had lived almost his entire life inside a tiny space under his family's stairs, and would have likely loved something like the TARDIS to be squished in there.

Everything seemed unimportant, though, when the Doctor told her that her family was in the TARDIS. Without hesitation, she flung a "thank you!" at him before running to the pole and sliding down it, shouting as instructed. Suddenly, she came to a stop though she was not at the bottom of the pole. A hallway extended to her left, and she jumped into it, running straight to the door that said CARGO BAY.

Flinging the door open, she cried out in delight as she saw her family huddled together, unharmed but frightened. When they looked at her they did the same, soon running over to her and embracing her tightly. All of them spoke at once, but Robin shushed them quickly.

"I don't have time to explain now, we have to get back to the Doctor, he can explain everything when we find him. Let's go, okay?" They all nodded, and Robin led them out of the room to look for the elevator. Soon, they found it and clambered in, pressing the button for the control room. A few seconds was all it took before they were spilling out back into the main room.

"Okay Doctor," Robin said. "What now?"

Villain

The Doctor was quiet when Robin and her family reached the deck of the TARDIS. He was sat in a deck chair with his feet up on the TARDIS's control pad, staring dismally at the screen that he held in both hands. Laying next to him were the unconscious forms of the three children, sound asleep and breathing peacefully. The Doctor looked as if he wanted to do the same.

"He bred them," the Doctor spoke, his voice hard as he looked down at the kids. "The Toymaker is able to create living things from thin air, but he didn't with this lot. He bred them. He altered their DNA so that they would look and behave like Harry, Ron and Hermione. That's why he didn't want me to scan them with my screwdriver, because he didn't want me to learn the truth until after I had rescued the kids."

He was quiet for a moment before he took his feet off the control pad and swung one of the screens to face Robin. On it was the layout of what appeared to be earth. On it's surface glowed millions of red dots, each representing a life form. "He made millions of life forms inhabit his Toy Room, which is currently encasing an entire planet. It was probably populated with a near human race and he more than likely wiped them out to make way for his sick little fantasy."

"Every single creature, every wizard, good or evil, believes that they are a part of a Harry Potter world, but they're not. They've been bred to believe that or they're aliens who have been brainwashed to believe that they're giants or goblins," the Doctor said before burying his head in his hands. "I was hoping that the only real people were Harry, Ron and Hermione. I had hoped the rest was just part of the simulation, but that isn't the case."

"And now that we've escaped and won his game, do you know what the Toymaker will do now that he knows he's lost?" The Doctor asked before getting to his feet and slamming his fists against the controls. "He'll blow up the planet and kill the six billion innocent lives that he's manipulated into becoming wizards, monster and murderers. Because that's how much of a sore loser he is."

fireandblood

Robin listened with shock as the Doctor explained the situation to her. The rest of her family had no idea what was happening, and it showed in their faces. Her brain whirling, Robin held one finger up to the Doctor, and turned to look frankly at Rita, Dennis, and Allen. She heaved a sigh and tried to think of what to say.

"I know I said the Doctor would explain, but I'm going to real fast." She spoke quickly. "We've been transported to a different planet, engineered by this insane, ancient, godlike... guy who sort of has control over a lot of power and can create entire worlds and beings. He's made this one like the Harry Potter universe, which is why Harry, Ron, and Hermione appear to be sleeping on the floor. Right now we're in the TARDIS, because the Celestial Toymaker made this game for us where we have to save those three and escape with our freedom, but the Doctor created an inconsistency and brought the TARDIS to the game. I unlocked it using magic and then we found you." She didn't stop to see if they understood before whirling to face the Doctor.

"And what do you mean you escaped?" Robin asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "You said you've stopped him before. If he's about to blow up an entire world, and you don't want that to happen, we have to go back and fight! You can't be trying to tell me that we're running away, leaving an entire world to just explode, if we could do something!" Suddenly, Allen spoke up from behind her.

"We'll help," he said quietly. The whole family's expressions were full of determination and fear.

Villain

"I can't guarantee your safety," the Doctor spoke solemnly as he watched them. "The Toymake will demand that we play a new game. Probably something more classic like hop scotch, darts or possibly poker, but it will all be lethal and it will involve all of you risking your lives."

The Doctor watched them, but after a few seconds he shook his head and sighed before getting to his feet. "I know that look," he said with a low chuckle. "You're not going to budge no matter what I say...I really wish people would stop giving me that look. I can't win against that look."

The Doctor smiled before getting to his feet and pressing a big red button before slamming down on a pedal. "Maybe the Toymaker was right, maybe we are all completely nuts," He said before grabbing the steering wheel that stuck out of the control pad and spinning it.

"But, if we weren't completely nuts, this incredible plan of mine wouldn't work!" He laughed loudly before the TARDIS began to let out its musical soaring sounds. "Come on everyone, let go ruin the Toymaker's favorite book."

---

The Toymaker was angry. Childishly angry. Pointlessly angry. And when the Toymaker was angry, people died. It didn't matter who they were or what they had done, when the Toymaker said it was there time to die, they died.

Only it was never that simple. The Toymaker had to make sure they suffer once the game was over. Even he couldn't just murder someone in cold blood. They or some other unlucky soul had to play the game first. Now, if they caught in the blast radius of the game once it was over, then that was just bad luck. And the residents of this planet had a lot of bad luck...

He required no air, but the Toymaker took a breath anyway as he walked around the grounds of Hogwarts. Trailing behind him were his faithful servants, all of them convinced that he was their dark leader. It would be the last time that they ever followed him so faithfully.

"Maybe I'll try Lord of the Rings next..." the Toymaker mused, scratching his chin with the tip of his wand. "Fantasy is always fun...but I have missed the basics. Good old dominos and playing card, board games and killer teddy bears," he mused before smiling with delight. "Sometimes the classics are the best"

"What was that Master?" Bellatrix Lestrange asked as she bowed down at his side. She was an amusing instrument, he had needed to put the primate through intense pain when she had been born in order to create a twisted enough personality to allow her to grow into the deranged character of Bellatrix. It would be a shame to waste such a mind, but she was expendable, just like the Basilisk, the dragons and the giants.

"Never you mind my dear," the Toymaker said before raising his wand to the sky. "I just thought that now would be a good time to....start again now that the game is over."

Bellatrix nodded in agreement, her thin vulture like expressions showing intense admiration and eagerness to comply with his desires, despite the fact that she had no idea what he was saying.

"What a dull game this was..." the Toymaker sighed before the wand began to glow "Advarda Kedav.."

The sound of the TARDIS dematerialising echoed through the grounds. The Toymaker turned and stared at the castle before charging inside and bashing open the large double doors that led to the great hall.

The majestic hall was filled with students. All of the staring in awe at the blue box that had appeared behind the staff's table, which was currently empty of any members of staff. Instead, sitting in each chair, were Harry, Ron and Hermione, as well as the young blonde girl from earlier and her ginger haired family. And of course, sitting in the Dumbledore's chair, was the Doctor.

"They're all staring at us..." Harry said uncomfortably as he watched the students whisper and chatter in surprise.

"Don't let it worry you," the Doctor said with a grin as he watched the Toymaker stare at them in confusion. "It's me. I'm extremely famous."

fireandblood

Robin smiled and ran to her family. Hugging them, she then gave them a solemn look.

"Okay. Rules. Stay out of danger as much as possible. Try to get hold of a wand and go over spells, Allen I'm assuming you know some. Listen to the Doctor. If he says run, you do it, no matter how much you don't want to. If one of us dies, you get to a safe place and hide and wait for the other. Do not stop for anything. Get. Out. Alive."

They were all looking at her as though she was not herself. But after a moment, they were all nodding assent, looking determined. When the Doctor finished speaking, they all looked at him and smiled, ready for whatever was ahead.

Robin rolled her eyes as the Doctor said he was famous. Fear spread through her, though, as the Toymaker walked forward wearing Voldemort's appearance as a disguise. Reaching out, she took her mother's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Her family had quickly acquired wands when they came in, and Allen had taught them the important spells to know.

Looking over at the Doctor, Robin suddenly felt calm. She trusted him with everything... And her fingers reached up to tug at her locket.

Villain

"I will admit I am surprised that you have returned Doctor," the Toymaker said with amusement as he walked forward, flanked by his evil henchmen. "Usually you flee once our game is complete. You had your chance to leave, why did you not run as fast as you could?"

"Innocent lives were on the line Toymaker. I'm not going to abandon them," the Doctor replied as he stood up and hopped over the table, landing in front of it and perching on its edge. "You created a planet full of suffering creatures. You bred them to sate your own sick pleasures, did you really think I would just let you destroy them all?"

"So you have come here to save them?" the Toymaker asked, sounding surprised. He considered the proposal before nodding and smiling sickly at him, "Very well...but what will the game be? Chess? Marbles? Dominoes?"

"No, nothing simple and boring. We're in a world of magic so this will be solved with magic," the Doctor said sternly. "A duel of magic. If you win then we're yours to do as you see fit. If I win then you will take your Toy Room and leave the planet for good."

"Fascinating..." The Toymaker said with a malicious chuckle. "The Doctor wishes to engage me in a battle of magic. That's very unscientific of you."

"Oh, I'm not going to be the one who fights you. That would be suicide," the Doctor said with a shake of his head. "Besides, it's not my fight. It's his," he said before turning to Harry and nodding for him to come forwards. Slowly, the small boy got up and joined the Doctor by his side.

"Are you serious?" The Toymaker asked before laughing loudly, his dark minions joining in with his malice. "The boy is ten and so very unskilled! I am the Crystal Guardian and the great dark wizard! I know everything he knows and more! I am Lord Voldermort and the Mandarin!"

"So I guess that puts the odds in our favor," the Doctor said with a bright smile before gesturing for Harry to take a space in front of Voldermort. "On the count of three, you two will hit each other with everything you've got."

"Doctor..." Harry began but the Doctor raised his hand to silence him.

"Don't worry mate," he said with a pearly grin. "Your Harry Potter. You can do this. He's afraid of you."

"I am not afraid!" The Toymaker spat, stamping his foot again in that childish grumpy manner.

"Then you accept?" The Doctor asked, taking a few steps back. The Toymaker considered the request before nodding. "Good, then here we go..." the Doctor said, glancing towards Robin and her family and nodding at them to steel themselves. "One, two-"

"Avada Kedavra!" The Toymaker yelled and from out of his wand shot a brilliant blast of green. The Toymaker had hoped to catch the boy off guard, but before the spell could touch him Harry yelled, "Expelliarmus!"

Golden flames erupted as the two spells clashed. Whether it was the work of technology or magic no longer mattered, whatever powered the wands was creating an explosion so fierce that the wind howled and heat surged across the room.

"This is foolish Doctor!" The Toymaker yelled as he watched the blast of power surge between them. "You expect the hero to be able to defeat the villain in his early days? This plan is utter madness!"

"No," the Doctor replied, his voice stern and stare hard as he looked back and fourth between the two. "What's madness is a silly old Guardian building a world entirely around a children's book! What's madness is the same mad man breeding a race of life forms just for the sake of matching said book! What's madness is that world being used to play this sick game and what is complete and utter total madness is that stupid old guardian locking himself so deeply into the world that he failed to comprehend what would happen if he were ever killed in said world!"

Confusion crossed the Toymaker's face. Something was wrong. He didn't know what, but something was definitely wrong.

"And finally, what is madness is that this fool forgot three very important things!" the Doctor snarled before holding up three fingers and slowly counting down. "Number one, Voldermort is not invincible. In fact, if you got rid of his horcruxes, then he's just a maniac with a lot of power!"

The Toymaker's footing began to slip. He took a step back as a surge of fire pushed at him.

"Number two, I have a time machine and I can use it to visit anywhere in space and time. Even if the world is completely under your control!" The Toymaker was forced back a little more as the Doctor yelled at him. What could only be described as fear began to cross his serpent like features.

The Doctor clicked his fingers at his team. At that moment Ron, Hermione, Robin and her family pulled out several different objects. A necklace, a book, a diadem, a ring, a locket, a chalice and the writhing body of a snake, which took all of them to hold down. Ron passed a gleaming silver sword to Robin as the preparation for their plan began.

"So if I were to gather all those object together and we were to destroy them right now..." the Doctor said, grinning madly as he watched the Toymaker squirm. "...I think that something incredible would happen, don't you? Robin! Kill them all!"

fireandblood

It was quite difficult keeping Nagini down behind their backs. She was hissing and wriggling, trying to make her way back to her master... But somehow, they managed, though Robin really wished the Doctor wouldn't draw things out so much. A wince passed over Robin's face as Harry and the fake Voldemort shouted spells at each other; it seemed a horrible thing to do to a child... But somehow, it was working.

Finally, the signal. They all pulled out their stolen prizes, placing them on the table before holding Nagini down tightly. Nodding, Robin accepted the Sword of Gryffindor from Ron, poised to stab the diary. When the Doctor gave the command, she plunged the sword into the diary, causing a phantom-like apparition to die screaming. Quickly, she moved to the ring, crushing it with the blade of the sword. In quick succession she stabbed the locket, then the goblet, then the diadem... And with a swift chop, she cut off Nagini's head, which went flying to the Doctor's feet.

Breathing hard, Robin looked up, eagerly waiting to see what would happen between Harry and his nemesis.

Villain

The Toymaker was being pressured back bit by bit. No matter how much he struggled against the fierce blaze he couldn't hold himself to their power. Harry's face was wracked with concentration, his teeth gritted as he forced the mad man back. The man who had made him, the man who had toyed with his life as if it were a game, the man who was going to loose.

"Y-You're...you're cheating!" The Toymaker squealed, barely keeping a hold of the wand in his pale hands. His image was flickering rapidly between his true form and the costume he wore. Both faces had the same look of fear on them. The realisation that they were about to loose was clear.

"No. The game is between you and Harry. Just because we're destroying the Horcruxes doesn't mean we're directly interfering with the duel," the Doctor said with satisfaction as he watched the Toymaker step back. "Besides, if we had won you would have detonated the planet anyway. I know you too well. So instead, you're going to be forced back into the cybernetics of your Toy room and be cast out into the universe."

"This isn't happening! I am a Guardian!" The Toymaker yelled, no longer dressed as the dark wizard, but instead the old man in the costume of a Chinese emperor. His eyes were wild as he tried to tame the blaze, but as the explosion grew he lost his balance and came crashing to the ground. "W-What else did I forget, Doctor? What was that final point?!" The Toymaker screamed, the wand cracking to pieces in his hand.

"Simple," the Doctor said with a smile. "The hero always wins."

The golden fire enveloped the Toymaker, causing him to wail in despair as his body shattered like glass and vanished into thin air, leaving nothing behind but a smoking black spot where he once stood.

The room was silent for a moment as realisation sank in. The deatheaters stared in horror at the place where their master had once stood. For a moment they seemed to finger their wands nervously, as if unsure whether to attack, but then the Doctor walked forwards, placed his hand on Harry's shoulder and smiled at the crowd of villains and monsters. He grinned at them brightly whilst Harry panted heavily, exhausted by the great magical battle that had just taken place.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor and this is Harry Potter, the boy who lived," the Doctor said cheerfully whilst the death eaters fidgeted nervously on the spot. "Basically...run"

The hall cleared in seconds, leaving only the Doctor, the heroes and the hordes of students that cheered in joy at the sight of the fleeing villains.

fireandblood

Robin was still panting even as the Toymaker was reduced to a black spot. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins, but she dropped her arms, letting the sword click against the ground. A fierce smile appeared on her face, and she felt her mother embrace her tightly. Harry looked exhausted, there were still death eaters, and the blood of Nagini was splashing onto everyone's feet, but... It felt safe.

And it became even safer as the Death Eaters fled at the Doctor's command. A hoarse laugh escaped Robin and she pulled away from her mother to go grab Harry in a tight hug. Pulling back, she held him at arms' length with a reassuring smile.

"You're amazing, Harry, so very amazing," she whispered. "Never forget that, okay?" Standing back up, she looked at the Doctor and nodded. "Thank you," she whispered to him.

Villain

"Uh, thanks," Harry spoke, blushing a little as Robin embraced him. He looked at the black spot and frowned grimly, "What will happen to him now Doctor?"

"Well, he won't die, but it'll take him a very long time to reform again," the Doctor said, nodding at Robin with a small smile on his roughly shaven face. "I'll use the TARDIS to drag whats left of him into space, along with his Toy Room. When he does finally reform I'll make sure that  it will be in the middle of space and he'll be in orbit of a super nova. I think we can all agree that it will be a very long time before he finally pulls himself together."

"And what about us Doctor?" Harry asked, gesturing to the students and the school. "We were... his creations. What does that mean for us?"

"Absolutely nothing," the Doctor replied with a grin. "Come on... just because he created this world doesn't mean it has to end with him. You're even better than the real Harry potter, Harry, you defeated Voldermort at the age of ten! You've got six year on the fictional Harry."

"Besides, look at this place!" The Doctor said and spun on the spot as he gestured to the entire grand hall. "A world of incredible technology that allows humans to bend reality to their will! A place full of monsters and wonderful creatures! It's so amazing that it almost makes me want to stay!"

"You won't stay?" Harry asked, sounding a little glum.

"It's not my world Harry," the Doctor replied with a shake of his head. "I can't be your defense against the Dark Arts teacher, although I would really recommend an old friend of your Dad's, Reemus Lupin, he'll be brilliant!" The Doctor said before ruffling Harry's hair. "Who cares that you've got rid of the mean old wizard again? You've saved hundreds of lives and you've still got adventures to go on. There's still the Prisoner of Azkaban and a lot of other pests to deal with, like that runaway Basilisk, but nothing that you and your wonderful school can't handle."

fireandblood

As they spoke, Robin looked around a little sadly. It wouldn't be easy to leave this place... A place she'd dreamt about since she was young, filled with amazing people and magic... Her heart yearned to ask the Doctor if he'd leave her here, just let her stay and be in the best place in the universe. But then she looked at her friend, the eccentric man whose real name she didn't even know.

And she knew she'd travel with him anywhere he went.

Walking to his side, she smiled and took his hand, winking at Harry. Giving his hand a squeeze, she looked up at the Doctor.

"This was the most amazing experience. I could die right now and die the happiest person in the universe. Thank you, Doctor. Also..." She grinned even wider. "My family got to ride in the TARDIS."

Villain

"Oi, don't get cheeky!" The Doctor warned, but his friendly smile told her that he wasn't really angry. "Your family being abducted by a gravity scoop and imprisoned in the TARDIS by a personification of madness and dreams is one of the only exceptions to the rule of, no families are allowed in my TARDIS."

"Now, lets get out of here before I start chatting to Hagrid about blast ended skrewts and hippogriffs. If there were ever a big giant hairy man after my hearts it would be him," the Doctor said with a grin before motioning for Robin to follow him back to the TARDIS.

But as the Doctor walked towards the TARDIS the doors of the great hall opened once more. A hush suddenly befell the hall as an old man strode into the room. He was tall and thin, with silver hair and beard so long that they could be tucked into his belt. He had a very long and crooked nose and kind eyes that were a brilliant, soul-piercing shade of blue. On his nose perched half moon spectacles and draped around him were a lavish set of purple robes.

"Oh, now that's interesting..." the Doctor breathed as he stared at the old man, his grin wide but sheepish, as if he were unsure whether to be incredibly happy or incredible nervous. "Robin, calm yourself now, because You Know Who has just arrived."

The old man's eyes looked over the scene with calm intrigue. He stroked his white beard thoughtfully before he spotted the Doctor, Robin and Harry and walked over towards them. Before he could address the three of them the Doctor held out his hand and beamed at the old man with child like delight.

"I...am such...a huge fan," the Doctor spoke with joy as he held out his hand. "Hi, I'm the Doctor and this is Robin. It's an honor to meet you Sir!"

"I think it would be more apt to say its an honor to meet you Doctor," said Albus Dumbledore in his calm cheerful voice as he took the Doctor's hand and shook it. "I was wondering when you would finally arrive and aid dear Harry in freeing all of us."

"W-What...you knew?" The Doctor cried. "You know that Voldermort was a fake? You knew this place wasn't real!?"

"I do not mean to brag Doctor, but I am know for being rather clever," Dumbledore said with a smile before beaming at Robin. "The Toymaker created me to be exactly like Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, what he did not count on was that by doing so he created a tool that could understand the circumstances and thus he could not fully control it."

The Doctor's stare became even more bewildered before a massive grin broke out across his face, "You sly... You did it! You created the inconsistencies!"

"I did what I could Doctor. Never forget that it was you, Robin and dear Harry that saved us, along with his friends and your delightful family," Dumbledore said and nodded at Robin gratefully. "All of you have my deepest thanks."

"He's incredible!" The Doctor exclaimed, pointing at the old wizard and shaking Robin excitedly. "Look at him Robin! Isn't he absolutely incredible?"

fireandblood

When the doors to the Hall opened, Robin tensed in fear. He's back, she thought, clenching her eyes shut and turning around... Only to open them and see her childhood role model striding confidently into the room. Her mouth popped open audibly as she stared at the man.

"It's... It's... It's..." The words were not coming out of her mouth. "It's... it's... Ohmygoodgravyit'sALBUSDUMBLEDORE." The last came out as one word, strung together and stunned. She looked back and forth between the Doctor and Dumbledore, unable to say anything else. It was as if a spell had been cast on her, one to make her completely incoherent.

When the Doctor turned to her, her face broke into a bright grin and she ran forward and hugged Dumbledore tightly around his waist. The silver beard was must softer than she anticipated, and he had a very elegant smell to him. After a moment, though Robin realized what she was  doing and pulled back, letting go of him and blushing fiercely in embarrassment.

"Um, I'm sorry..."

Villain

Dumbledore was taken back by the display of affection, but he smiled and laughed softly none the less. "Do not apologise I am quite flattered," he said warmly. "In fact I think a hug is the least you deserve for what you have done today," Dumbledore spoke and with without delay reached forwards and pulled both the Doctor and Robin into a hug.

"Happiest...day...of...my life," the Doctor breathed, hugging the old man back quickly before letting go and sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "Sorry to tell you this Sir but...I resign."

"I accept your resignation," Dumbledore chuckled. "Your gifts would be wasted here Doctor. Although I am sure there is much that you could teach us."

"Oh I don't know, I think it would be pretty boring in comparison to the stuff you could teach me," the Doctor said before reaching forwards and shaking Dumbledore's hand. "I'll visit at least. There is no way that I can just leave this planet be, it's far too interesting."

"I look forward to the return of both you and your wife, Doctor" Dumbledore said pleasantly, causing the Doctor's eyes to widen in surprise before he blushed.

"Uh...no we're not really married we're just..." The Doctor began, but then noticed the way that Dumbledore's eyes were twinkling mischievously and grinned before waggling his finger at the old man. "Oh you... come on Robin, it's time to let this old rogue run his school," the Doctor said before jogging to the TARDIS.

"See you Harry, you take care!" The Doctor called back to him. "You and your friends take care and make sure to kick Draco about when he's being a brat," he called before hopping over the table that stood before the TARDIS and opening the doors. "Oh and that reminds me, Snape! Sorry about the face!" He called to the potions teacher, who had walked into the room with bandages circling his bruise nose. "See you later my wonderful world of magic!"

"Doctor..." Dumbledore called out to him, his voice soft, but yet his tone seemed to carry a weight that seemed cold and foreboding. "Some words of advice before you leave. Your future is wild and dangerous, you may need these words in the dearest of times."

"Okay...lay them on me," the Doctor said eagerly, hanging off the door of the TARDIS.

"Beware who you let into your heart Doctor," Dumbledore spoke softly, his stare hard as he looked into the Doctor's eyes. "You must be cautious about who you share your world with," Dumbledore said before his gaze dropped to Robin and then back to the Doctor. "Beware the Child of Time, Doctor."

The Doctor was quiet. The smile had vanished from his face. A dark look had replaced it as his brow narrowed. His golden eyes seemed to grow just as cold and stern as Dumbledore's. He motioned for Robin to follow him before stepping into the TARDIS without another word.

fireandblood

When Dumbledore pulled them both in for a hug, Robin smiled. Giggling as the Doctor made his comment, she thought to the fact that she was sharing a hug with two of her favorite people in the Universe.

"Mine too," she whispered, not knowing if either man had heard her. She blushed as well when Dumbledore called her the Doctor's wife again, but grinned again when it became obvious that he was joking. With a sigh, she turned as well, giving the room a little wave before running to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who had formed a little group near the TARDIS. Leaning down, she planted a kiss on Harry's and Ron's foreheads, laughing at the twin expressions of shock on their faces.

"You two stay diligent," she said, tears forming at the corners of her eyes. "Keep each other safe and never stop asking questions." Turning to Hermione, she smiled and hugged the girl, the tears spilling over. "And you keep them in line. You're brilliant and amazing, and I can't wait to visit you two again one day." Then, she looked at the three of them conspiratorially. "Don't tell anyone but... I'm keeping the wand."

The three young students laughed as she saluted them and joined the Doctor at the TARDIS. Her family was there too, and all of them were smiling, up until Dumbledore gave him the advice. The smile then faded from Robin's face and she followed the Doctor into the TARDIS.

"What did he mean?" she asked, confusion plain on her face. "Why did he keep looking at me?" Then, she noticed the beeping in her head had started up again. With a gulp, she tugged on her locket and added, "And why did that beeping start up again?"

Villain

"Doesn't matter," the Doctor said with a shake of his head before beaming at Robin's family, who were waiting for them inside the TARDIS. "Our priority right now is to get your family home and off my ship! I've got places to be and they've got alien artifacts to uncover," the Doctor said before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the yo-yo from earlier.

"Speaking of which, can I keep this?" The Doctor asked. "My last one got nicked by a three eyed monkey with nine arms. I would really like a new one, it's so hard to find a good one and this one is just brilliant!"

fireandblood

Even though the Doctor brushed it off, Robin thought all of her questions did matter, but she shook her head and put on a happy face. Running to her family, she pulled them in tightly for a hug. Her mother was sobbing with relief, and it sounded as though her father had gotten a sudden case of the sniffles. A genuine smile creased Robin's face then.

"You were all amazing," she whispered. "Thank you so much." They all smiled at her before pulling back. Allen smiled at the Doctor's request.

"Of course you can keep it," he said. Robin smiled, but she was still worried. The beeping in her head was growing louder.

Villain

"Cheers Allen," the Doctor said with a smile before flicking at the controls. "Next stop, Florida! Please keep your arms and legs inside the moving vehicle at all times and if you catch on fire, remember to stop, duck, roll and keep as far away from me as possible. I'm allergic to fire." He said excitedly before letting out a whoop as the TARDIS took off through the time vortex.

Eventually, it came to a stop and the Doctor whistled before walking over to the doors and opening them for Robin's family. "Baker family, this has been a wild ride and we really should do it again," he said, bowing to them slightly. "By do it again, obviously I mean we should never repeat this because I like my insane godlike enemies to remain as far away from the relatives of my friends as possible."

fireandblood

As her family exited the TARDIS, Robin held up a finger to the Doctor and joined them outside. She embraced each one of them in turn, giving her mother the longest hug. They looked at her with a mixture of sadness and longing.

"I wish we could come with you," Allen said. "The Doctor is... just amazing."

"Shh... Don't compliment him too loudly," Robin teased, looking over her shoulder. "His head's big enough as it is. Besides, one day I'll get him to take you with us again. He can't resist me." They laughed together. "I'm going to miss you guys. But I'll call whenever I can and I'll try to visit as often as the Doctor will let me. Keep on with your research... You never know when it could come in handy."

With a final wave, she walked back into the TARDIS, securely shutting the door behind her. The smile dropped from her face immediately and she hurried to the Doctor, wincing as the beeping in her head grew almost unbearably loud.

"Doctor, I want answers and I want them now."

Villain

"I know you do, but I can't give them to you," the Doctor replied without hesitation. He was busy flicking switches on the controls of the TARDIS, his gaze fixed on them as he worked the controls with that odd sense of randomness. "You have no idea how much that has been bothering me Robin. A large part of me just wants to leave it alone."

He lifted down the periscope and gazed through it before bashing at two red buttons and turning a green valve. The TARDIS began to let out the soothing sounds of travel as it took off down the Time Vortex.

"Do you know what happened last time someone had a consistent beat inside their head?" The Doctor asked, not turning away from the periscope as he addressed Robin. "I'll tell you what happened, I got killed, the human race went extinct for twenty four hours and all of creation nearly got pulled apart as my lunatic brethren decided to pull the entire Time War onto the face of Earth."

The Doctor pulled away from the periscope and finally turned to Robin with a grim look on his face. "There's a chance that what you have in your head is a beacon, implanted by my people as part of some sort of insane plot to end the Time War. Goodness knows why, but it could be. So forgive me if I'm a bit hesitant to check it out."

fireandblood

Robin was silent while the Doctor told his story. A feeling of dread rose in her, filling her with a strange sense of oncoming doom. After a few moments, she had to look away, not wanting the Doctor to see the fear in her eyes. But after thinking, she looked back to him, a determined expression on her face.

"Well, that may be true," she said, wincing and slapping a hand to the side of her head. "So maybe you should just kill me now. Why take the chance? If we don't know, we may as well assume the worst. So go ahead Doctor, shoot me or something." Anger flashed in her eyes then. "But if you don't want to kill me, then we are finding out what this noise is. It's driving me nuts and I want to get to the bottom of it. I don't care what you say."

With that, she looked at him defiantly, crossing her arms over her chest.

Villain

"Don't be ridiculous," the Doctor snapped. "I'm not going to kill you..." his voice trailed off before he slammed down a lever on the TARDIS, causing it to come to a stop. "But...you're right. I've got to do something," he said miserably before crossing over to Robin and placing his hands on either side of her head.

Beware...the child...of time...

"Robin, I'm going to start probing through your thoughts. If there is something you don't want me to see, then just imagine a door," the Doctor spoke softly before chuckling. "Although, after finding out your telepathic and are the adopted daughter of a family of alien enthusiasts I can hardly think of what you could possibly have left to hide from me."

Beware the child...of time...

"Are you ready?" The Doctor asked softly, his golden eyes staring into hers.

fireandblood

Robin felt slightly hurt when the Doctor snapped at her, but she kept quiet. She knew he must be agitated, and so she did her best to not say anything mean back to him. Besides, it was something to make him feel guilty about later. When he walked to her and put his hands on her head, she leaned into him, just realizing how completely exhausted she was and how wonderful his cool hands felt on her hot skin...

Snapping her eyes open, she looked up at him and nodded, heat rushing to her cheeks.

"I... I guess I'm ready." She paused for a moment. "I won't keep anything from you, Doctor. I trust you. But... Will it hurt?"

Villain

"No at all, I promise," he said before closing his eyes and letting his thoughts go to work. Calmly letting his influence manipulate the workings of her head to let him see the mysterious beeping.

"Remember, anything you don't want me to see, picture a door," he said whilst sifting through her thoughts. The most recent had been of their wonderful adventures and the fear she had felt from encountering the monsters and villains that had threatened their lives, but eventually the Doctor began to hear the sound that bothered Robin.

He couldn't hear it clearly, the sound seemed to be masked by a thick layer of white noise, but in the distance he could hear the sound of a dim beeping, similar to that of an alarm clock. Curiously, he reached out to the sound, wading through the interference that clouded his path.

fireandblood

Robin shifted uncomfortably, feeling the Doctor's strange presence in her memories. Somehow, though, she let him continue, keeping all of her thoughts open to him... Even those that embarrassed her a little. She winced when they got to the room with the Slitheen, and though she would rather have not relived that, she let the Doctor go through all the same.

Soon, they were wandering back through the times before she had met the Doctor. When my life was normal, she thought with a wry smile. Everything was pleasant but boring. Working, talking with friends, going to school... She blushed as they got back to her high school years, when she had been really socially awkward. She was in the band and the chorus, praised highly by both directors for her musical abilities. Twitching again at a particularly sad memory, she had to struggle to let him see.

It was the eleventh grade. The talent show was coming up, and Robin's family plus her directors had urged her to enter that year. She had eventually given in, deciding to play the piano and sing. It was decided that she would do "On My Own" from Les Misérables, her favorite musical at the time. The preparation was going well, and her biggest high school crush had even wished her good luck.

On the night of the talent show, she got up on the stage and prepared to play her song. The notes flowed beautifully from her fingers, and her voice rang through the auditorium with a confidence she didn't know she had. The audience was captivated, pulled in by the emotion she had put in the song. However, everything changed at the end.

"I love him," she sang softly, the music slowing a little. "I love him... I love Ben -" Then she realized she had accidentally said the name of the boy upon whom she had the crush, and his loud snort of laughter echoed cruelly through the silent room. Robin's voice dropped off and she stood, her face burning, before running off to the backstage area.

Quickly, Robin guided the Doctor out of that memory, zipping quickly through all of the others until finally arriving at one she didn't even know she had. She was wrapped in a blanket, silently looking up at a blue door. Suddenly, the door opened, and she saw two redheaded people looking down at her.

"Oh my God, Dennis, it's a baby," the woman said, leaning down and picking Robin up. "Oh look, she's beautiful..."