Black Sails, Dark Water (Freeform, Pirate/Supernatural) [Recruitment]

Started by Kakihara, January 26, 2024, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Quote from: shengami on February 01, 2024, 05:57:31 PMBetter than Elizabeth Swann... that's the trope done to death.
It's okay to do tropes that are "overused," as long as that's what the writer wants to do. There's nothing wrong with using tropes that have been used before. And there are still ways to make those tropes unique and refreshed, without copying the ways in which they were used before. 

O/O | A/A | MM

JackTheTipper

@Kakihara 

I've fleshed out my character's bio and o/o's section. Tell me what you think.

shengami

Quote from: Mellific on February 02, 2024, 05:15:15 AMIt's okay to do tropes that are "overused," as long as that's what the writer wants to do. There's nothing wrong with using tropes that have been used before. And there are still ways to make those tropes unique and refreshed, without copying the ways in which they were used before.
Too right! I love me a good, sappy, by the numbers romance. Tropes absolutely can be done well. They can be easily abused as well.

But your point is well taken.

Do adore the idea of the stowaway princess turned pirate.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Timeless

Name: Eadan Boyd
Nickname: Flaming Sword, Fire Crotch, Smart-Arse Bitch
Sexuality: Omnisexual
Blood Status: Fairyblooded
Ethnicity: Half Human (Gael) and Half Ifrit
Occupation/Rank: Mercenary Guild Leader of Crimson Talon

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 170 lb (77KG)
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Turquoise Blue
Distinguishing Features: Multiple tattoos and scars riddling over her muscular and sculpted body. She's also known to be an intimidatingly tall woman.
Face Claim: Demi Bennett

Personality: Reliable | Loyal | Mercurial | Charismatic | Carefree | Brash | Foul-Mouthed | Ruthless | Hedonistic | Vengeful

History: Warning - Mention of Sexual Abuse and Rape

Born to a loving single mother, Eadan didn't want anything more. But as she grew older, she couldn't help but wonder about her father — let alone how the other kids would mock her for being fatherless. It was one encounter with a bully did she realized she was different — especially when she was blinded with rage, when the rascal dared to call her mother a whore. She remembered tackling her oppressor to the ground, but everything after that was just a blur to her.

She hadn't realised that her anger had gotten to her until she found out the other child was nearly at the death bed. Her mother feared the worst when the village head went to their doorstep, so she had no choice but to send her only child to a faraway monastery, hoping the monks would be able to help with her condition. What her mother never realized was that she had sent her only daughter to a torturous hell. She endured for a few years before deciding enough was enough — especially when a young monk decided to take his frustration out on her. Enraged, she killed the monk in such brutal fashion and with flames licking her skin, she burned the monastery down to the ground.

She fled from the scene and arrived at the nearest town soon after. Scavenging whatever she could, she lived off the streets by stealing and pickpocketing whatever she could. It was one fateful incident where she was caught by a mercenary when the said person found some good in his heart not to cut her hand off after catching her. Instead, he took her under his wing and began mentoring her. Apparently, he led a small but booming mercenary guild — from there, it was pretty much history. When she grew older and decided to make her own path, she decided to leave and start anew in Nassau — though she was followed by a few friends who wanted to stick with her. Fortunately enough, there wasn't that much competition in the business field she was pursuing, so her guild just grew and she now holds a somewhat prominent name within the region.

Weapons: A claymore (claideamh) and a long dagger (sciam). There are times when she would use a javelin, however.

Skills/Abilities:
Skills
- Close Combat: Paired with her mercenary work, it isn't surprising that Eadan is skilled at combat. Either with weapons or even hand-to-hand combat, she can defend herself just as well.
- Leadership: She's known to lead her guild with a fair yet stern hand. Even then, she prioritizes loyalty above anything else and would usually treat her fellow mercenaries with respect unless they cross her.
- Information Brokering: She knew information could be used as currency, especially when it could be very profitable.
- Mercenary Work: She had done plenty of work as a mercenary during her younger years. Nowadays, Eadan would let her subordinates handle the tasks. But if the jobs are a little riskier or she was personally inquired, she would take the job instead.

Abilities
- Fire Manipulation: Fire couldn't hurt her, even the flames kissed her skin. Not only that, but she can conjure flames out of thin air. Because of her gift, her body tends to run hotter than a normal human's.
- Enhanced Strength and Speed: Because of her supernatural lineage, Eadan can move faster and is even stronger than most humans. However, her stamina is still lacking and whenever she tries to reach past her limit, she gets tired more easily.
- Pain-Surpressing: Her pain tolerance is rather high to where she doesn't necessarily blink or flinch from a single punch. A stab at her side would definitely get her attention, but she can walk it off just fine.
- Semi-Immortality: Eadan ages more slowly, and she's immune to most diseases. Her healing rate is also enhanced because of her lineage. However, she could die from any fatal attacks on her person.

O&Os: Link Here

WhatLiesAbove

Dammit...the moment I saw "Black Sails" I swooned...it's one of my favorite shows. 

That said...any chance that Anne Bonny is still available? Clara Paget is calling to me. If not, I am pretty sure I have a backup plan available! :D

Kakihara

Quote from: JackTheTipper on February 02, 2024, 05:46:52 AM@Kakihara
I've fleshed out my character's bio and o/o's section. Tell me what you think.
Honestly, I have a few issues with the character sheet.  One, the term Joker hadn’t been coined yet as it’s based on the playing card and just seems out of place.  Two, it feels like you wrote the idea from a more modern, almost Batman like, perspective and not the 1715 period the game is in.  World travel is very time consuming and long.  Marco Polo and the explorers of the 1600s like Magellan didn’t even hit as many countries as your character.  It feels like you are doing too much and the character is ultimately a Gary Stu type character and there is really little history to base anything off of.    Opium at the time is more grown and exported in SE Asia so a Caribbean route wouldn’t make much sense and I’m not too sure about book publishing being viable in the middle of the Caribbean.  As is, I don’t think it would fit with the gritty, historical nature of the game and would require some paring down in mastery and nicknames and more detail in history.

Kakihara

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on February 02, 2024, 02:06:44 PMDammit...the moment I saw "Black Sails" I swooned...it's one of my favorite shows.

That said...any chance that Anne Bonny is still available? Clara Paget is calling to me. If not, I am pretty sure I have a backup plan available! :D
No one has taken Anne Bonny though she is a Pirate Lord in this setting inspired by Black Sails so they have a little more power and isn't an underling.  Also I'd rather avoid using the same face claims for the same characters as in the show for the same reason some do that in Marvel games.  Just can get messy.  Not that her face claim is banned on other characters, just a distancing technique.

Mythril

Name: Mallory Kane
Nickname: The Silver Blade - she doesn’t like silver. She likes gold. Because of her platinum blonde hair and her efficiency with a blade they called her the Silver Blade. While she may be proud of the nickname, she gripes about it playfully.
Sexuality: Indiscriminate
Blood Status: Fae - Seelie Sidhe
Ethnicity: Celtic - Irish
Occupation/Rank: She led the boarding parties and raiding parties for the ill-fated Hightower, formerly commanded by the late Charlie Mayne. She was considered third mate, but there were several third mates. She is an arms trainer and professional carouser. The latter is a self-proclaimed title.

Height: 6 ft 0 inches. An inch taller in boots.
Weight: 135 pounds
Hair Colour: Platinum blonde
Eye Colour: Gray
Distinguishing Features: She has a shamrock tattoo on her pubic area and a crescent moon birthmark on her left ass cheek. She has a scar at the waistline and keeps it covered up. There is a corresponding scar on the back at the waist suggesting she was run through once. She has not spoken of this scar. There is a black mark on her upper left cheek, close to her eye. A queen put it there with a spell. From some angles, it cannot be seen. She will always turn her face to not be able to see it if she is looking at a reflective surface.
Face Claim: Elizabeth Debicki

Personality: Deadly Carouser Kind Brooding Chimeric - Mallory is, by birth, from a faerie house that featured many women combatants. She was first a guard for the Queen and then Captain of the Guard until she saw something rotten in the Queen and found out that when someone permits you to speak freely it’s not usually welcome. As she is one of the Sidhe, she is fond of partying. Food, drink, sex, and song all appeal to her. She is kind and does not like when people attack the innocent. She is deadly with a blade, does not engage in banter, and believes in putting her foes down. Permanently. On the rare occasions that her curse from her monarch is in her foremind, she gets quiet, introspective, and unfriendly. People know to break her out of that with rum. Chimeric. Her passions run hot but she can change moods faster than a Hong Kong story so she can go from skewering other pirates to making jokes in a minute. There is no cooldown period for her between moods. She is a hard worker and will do whatever task the Captain or First Mate needs to do. When they get in battle, she only follows her own orders.

History: Born in the fairie kingdom of Pacifica to a warrior of House Scathach, she was a dutiful servant to Queen Laurel. Her affinity with a blade got her into the Castle Guard, and then she became its captain. When Laurel began to slide into darkness, Mallory confronted her and was subsequently banished. She has a black mark on her cheek that Laurel said was the beginning of Mallory’s voyage into darkness and when she fell all the way, to return to her. Exiled, she wandered the Irish countryside until one day she heard the ocean and immediately, its siren song consumed her. She dwelled by the ocean for three years, living near a village she would occasionally visit. Then the pirates came. She fought with three of them, who thought it funny that a tall woman would fight with them. She toyed with them, removed buttons and by the time all three had their belts cut, little nicks on them, and were tripping over their pants, the Captain asked her to join their crew and if she did they would never menace the coast of Ireland again. They had found warmer waters. Nassau. While out partying her boat was destroyed, and burned in the harbor, presumably all hands were lost. The Captain had ordered everyone to stay on board but Mallory had other things to do in a new port.

Weapons: She carries a heavy rapier she calls Gray Swan and a dirk she calls Withywindle. She does not like firearms but knows how to use them. She is also proficient with a bow and owns one, but doesn’t normally carry it around. It would look ridiculous.

Skills/Abilities: Mundane skills: She is a fair sailor. She is very sure-footed and is frequently called to get up into the rigging. This is because she is tall, light, and agile. She is a terrible navigator because she gets lost in the stars at night and to her, all oceans look alike so nobody with half a brain lets her drive. As a helmsman, she is pretty good as long as someone else gives the orders. She is a talented weaponsmith and can maintain blades and armor. She usually takes an armful of weapons to a blacksmith and gets them to let her work on weapons. She is a carouser non-pareil. She can eat, but not cook, drink but not brew or distill, and on occasions she is insatiable when it comes to sex, which she is very good at. She is very good at most of the regular ship’s duties, from chipping barnacles to replacing railings to fishing. She is very good at fishing from living on the coast.

Fae abilities.

Chimeric creation. Any sword or dagger she touches will transform into Gray Swan or Withywindle, depending on the size of the weapon. When they are away from her person they revert to their normal selves. The weapons are supernaturally pointy and can affect creatures that are only affected by magical weapons. If Mallory becomes exhausted she cannot generate the power to change the weapons and she is stuck with what she has.

Wayfare: Can leap up one story or down two stories. 

O&Os: Per the bottom of any of my posts in my signature.

Mediocre Author

Name: Tomkins Smith
Player(s) Controlling NPC: MediocreAuthor (although anyone is welcome to run him, just ask first)
Sexuality: Straight
Blood Status: Human
Ethnicity: English
Occupation/Rank: First Mate of the Crimson Hawk and bodyguard to the captain.
Distinguishing Features: A complex series of tattoos on his arms and shoulders
Face Claim: Hafthor Bjornsson

Purpose: Prudence Hawke's abilities drain her stamina over time and leave her weak and vulnerable. Tomkins covers for her during these moments of fatigue.

Summary: Tomkins is incredibly strong and fiercely loyal to his captain. He has been with her almost as long as she's been a privateer, and no one knows why he is so faithful to her. There are whispers that he often beds the captain, but those are unsubstantiated rumors.

Relationships: Prudence Hawke (Captain and Confidant)

Extras: Tomkins carries a dagger, but his real weapons are his fists or anything he can pick up and use as a club.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Kakihara on February 02, 2024, 05:00:19 PMNo one has taken Anne Bonny though she is a Pirate Lord in this setting inspired by Black Sails so they have a little more power and isn't an underling.  Also I'd rather avoid using the same face claims for the same characters as in the show for the same reason some do that in Marvel games.  Just can get messy.  Not that her face claim is banned on other characters, just a distancing technique.
That is certainly fair enough! I have to think this over!

Timeless

@Mythril - 'Chimeric Creation' would have to be an active ability, as in, when Mallory is too tired or doesn't have any magic within her, the sword within her hand wouldn't alter her true weapons. Not only that, but for Wayfare, Kakihara and I would prefer that Mallory be able to easily leap up a single storey (14 feet), and she could leap down from two floors without any injuries.

@Mediocre Author - NPC sheet looks good! Either me or Kakihara will get the sheet up in the NPCs thread.

Timeless

Quote from: Mythril on February 02, 2024, 08:27:05 PMAdjusted.

Thank you.
Looks good to me! Please edit the sheet in the approved character sheet thread, then you'll be good!

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Kakihara on February 02, 2024, 04:58:02 PMHonestly, I have a few issues with the character sheet.  One, the term Joker hadn’t been coined yet as it’s based on the playing card and just seems out of place.  Two, it feels like you wrote the idea from a more modern, almost Batman like, perspective and not the 1715 period the game is in.  World travel is very time consuming and long.  Marco Polo and the explorers of the 1600s like Magellan didn’t even hit as many countries as your character.  It feels like you are doing too much and the character is ultimately a Gary Stu type character and there is really little history to base anything off of.    Opium at the time is more grown and exported in SE Asia so a Caribbean route wouldn’t make much sense and I’m not too sure about book publishing being viable in the middle of the Caribbean.  As is, I don’t think it would fit with the gritty, historical nature of the game and would require some paring down in mastery and nicknames and more detail in history.

I believe in maintaining a healthy environment, so I didn't create a character with the intention of disrupting or undermining some sense of immersion here. I had the understanding this was a loose historical system. I wanted to create a character I thought was appealing. There are some elements I borrowed from other media, media is derived from media which is derived from real life in many instances. Batman is derived from Zorro and the Lone Ranger, who is derived from real figures like Bass Reeves and Geronimo. Is the character over the top? of course. That's the point of the character. He's my take on Black Caesar, as well some other historical domain characters . I just want to know where the line starts and ends as far as immersion go because it's seems rather arbitrary. 

If this is going to create some kind of tension, then I'd rather just withdraw my interest. Fantasy is a form of escapism, of course a character like that would be implausible given the setting, but if there are mermaids and fae abound shooting windballs, then a black guy with some implausible international education shouldn't really illicit that kind of reaction from mostly anyone..but I dunno. It is your game. I don't make the rules.

Kakihara

Quote from: JackTheTipper on February 02, 2024, 09:33:44 PMI believe in maintaining .... Is the character over the top? of course.

If this is going to create some kind of tension, then I'd rather just withdraw my interest.
I'm sure you feel better now so... we'll consider you interest withdrawn. 

Mediocre Author

Name: Darius Ahmad Kamiri

Nickname: The Persian 
Sexuality: Het
Blood Status: Fae (Peri)
Ethnicity: Persian
Occupation/Rank: Topman
Height: 6'
Weight: 180lbs
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: Sepia
Distinguishing Features: None
Face Claim: Amir Sajadi

Personality: Damaged, Passionate, Rapacious, Lascivious, Violent, Remorseless. Darius has no conscience. He is an aggressive sociopath who is known to put himself first. He has a unique code of personal honor, but there are few acts which are entirely below him.

History: Born in Bagdad, Darius was orphaned at a young age was raised by his mother's childhood friend. The woman considered him a burden, and she went out of her way to misuse him in constant, varied, and unspeakable ways. She thankfully died when he was 16, but by that time the damage was mostly done. He began a life on the streets, committing any crime he felt could benefit him.

Years ago, he found his way to the palace of the ruling sultan and, using his flight abilities, he made his way into the forbidden harem. The sultan had over a hundred and fifty concubines, all largely neglected. Over a period of months, Darius would attempt to convince as many as he could that he was an angel who had come to teach them all divine knowledge. He would fly them away, one or two each night, to a place where he could get them alone and reveal the "secrets of the universe", swearing them to secrecy. If they tried to repeat the information to their sisters, he explained, they might accidentally corrupt it, causing ultimate ruin. He was very convincing.

However, in reality the only knowledge he actually had to offer was stolen quotes from famous scholars and philosophers. Unfortunately, the mostly uneducated women generally bought into his deception. He convinced them that in exchange for his wisdom, they should offer him the carnal knowledge of their bodies. Most of them did.

Darius was halfway through this endeavor when whispers about a mysterious, salacious "angel" reached the sultan, who set a trap for him. He barely managed to escape, but he was forced to flee Arabia to avoid execution. He found his way onto a Dutch trading vessel, then a Spanish galleon. When his ship was overtaken by the English Privateer vessel, The Crimson Hawk, he immediately joined the crew... first as a privateer, and then later as a pirate.

He fully believes that heaven has no place for him, so he lives his life accordingly. Extorsion, thief, rape, murder, and torture are all acts that he has committed in his past, and he has no remorse.

Weapons: Two-Handed Scimitar, carried on a custom back scabbard. A sheath filled with a number of throwing daggers. 

Skills: Darius has plenty of experience with blades, both used in melee or at range, but he has zero knowledge of firearms.He is also practiced in the use of stealth. He is an expert liar and manipulator as well. Surprisingly, he is not skilled at swimming, and he can only barely keep himself afloat in open water.

Abilities: Wings - As a Peri, Darius can sprout marvelous wings, which allow him to fly. His top speed is just under 30 miles per hour, although he can only maintain this speed for under 10 minutes without stopping for rest.

False Appearance: Peri are often mistaken for angels, a fact which Darius abuses as much as possible.

Healing Hands: Darius and his kin are known for their ability to heal. While a gentle massage from his hands has been known to speed the mending of wounds, it is an ability he rarely sees the need to use on others. Prolonged use of this ability weakens him quite severely, and it is a skill which he is loathe to use on others. 

O&Os: Ons: Extorsion. D/s. Dubcon/NC/R, all in a dominant role.  Offs: Blood, scat, vore, extreme S&M. Underage.

WhatLiesAbove

Name: Anne Bonny
Nickname: Annie, Red
Sexuality: Pansexual
Blood Status: Fairyblooded, Leanan Sidhe
Ethnicity: Irish
Occupation/Rank: Pirate Lord

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 122 lbs
Hair Color: Crimson Red
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: Compass with skull and crossbones inside over left breast, along with sword scars around her body
Face Claim: Scarlett Johansson

Personality: Anne is flirtatious to everyone, but will quickly let someone know whether or not she doesn't like them. A fiery attitude like her hair, she is deathly loyal to those she trusts and respects. A strong and able seafarer, Anne is as at-home on the deck of a ship as she is inside a tavern or on the beach.

History: While Anne isn't quite sure where she was born, she knows that it was somewhere in Ireland. Raised in a Catholic orphanage, Anne was quick to run away at the tender age of nine. Because of her smaller stature she was able to stow away on a ship headed for the New World.

While aboard, she was found out, and ended up working as a deckhand and assistant to the captain. It turned out to be a great learning opportunity for her. Unfortunately, it was while sailing to the West Indies that the ship was put upon by pirates before being able to make it to Jamaica to pick up a shipment of sugar cane. While most of the crew was killed, Anne was one of the few whom was spared. Fair features and the ability to work on a ship was something that could not be passed up. And so Anne learned the life of a pirate crew. She learned quickly that being fair and shy would not do, and so she quickly became a rather outgoing girl, learning from those on the crew to have a quick lip and a strong constitution.

As she grew, Anne became quite the beauty. Having a rather open and witty personality lent her to be the object of many songs for the sailors aboard her vessel Williams Pride. Like all of the sailors, Anne was happy to spent time in Nassau, and ended up working out connections with several taverns and sugar-cane plantations. It was with this influence and trade that Anne was able to work out the best deals for varying alcohol...including rum.

After three years on the Williams, Anne was able to be voted captain. With connections in rum and sugar, the redhead used plunder from the sea to grow out her own sugar-cane fields and begin her own rum distillery. This, added to the bounty taken from Williams Pride gained her the chance to have more of a voice in what happened in Nassau.

Though she has never officially been accused of piracy, there are many rumors surrounding Anne in this regard in more legal circles. However, her influence with pirates throughout Nassau...whom she plies with contracts for gold and fair prices for rum...has given her an impressive buffer. The barquentine Williams Pride still goes out from time to time, with a new captain and a fresh crew. However the captain is well aware that he answers to Anne, and remains a loyal servant to this Lady of Nassau.

Weapons: Three flintlock pistols and two cutlasses. The pistols will often cross over her chest, while the blades always rest upon her hips. She also carries a small dagger, sheathed at the small of her back.

Skills/Abilities: Aside from being quick on a draw and deadly with a blade, Anne has the unique ability of being able to dissolve flesh and bone with a touch.

O&Os: Ons = Dub-con, Seduction, D/s, Flirtation, Exh/Voy (Anything else not in offs can be discussed). Offs = Violent R, Vore, Gore, Bathroom Play, Body Mod.

AnnieSatin

So I'm alittle confused on the fairy blood, does everyone have it? I don't do fantasy much tbh so I'm just trying to figure out the options. I was considering the option that was mentioned in the game overview of her being a swanmaiden but does that mean she has part fae? Sorry if this is a dumb question just fleshing it all out lol. 

Timeless

Quote from: AnnieSatin on February 03, 2024, 06:17:51 AMSo I'm alittle confused on the fairy blood, does everyone have it? I don't do fantasy much tbh so I'm just trying to figure out the options. I was considering the option that was mentioned in the game overview of her being a swanmaiden but does that mean she has part fae? Sorry if this is a dumb question just fleshing it all out lol.

Fairyblooded basically means a human with fae blood or lineage in them - basically half human, half fae. If you're going for a character who is fully a swanmaiden and not a human and half swanmaiden, then she would be a 'fae'.

AnnieSatin

Name:Roseline Barton
Nickname: Rose
Sexuality: Strictly heterosexual
Blood Status:Fairyblooded but it’s unknown
Ethnicity:English
Occupation/Rank: A lady does not hold a job, she is the daughter of a nobleman.
Height:5’6
Weight:110 lbs
Hair Color:Blonde
Eye Color:Blue
Distinguishing Features:A mole on her left breast
Face Claim:Imogen Poots

Personality: Rose is, above all else, a romantic. She is stronger than she thinks she is. Intelligent and quick witted. Is prone to being stubborn and insensitive at times.

History: “Roseline would have made the perfect wife, if she didn’t have such a disagreeable attitude.” These words were scrolled across the letter in her grandmother’s perfect handwriting. It wasn’t true, of course, Roseline found herself to be a very pleasant person and she had plenty of suitors who enjoyed her conversations. It was just that Archibald Bernard was not one of them. He was the son of a Duke, very wealthy and very boring. He didn’t ride, he didn’t hunt, he didn’t read (aside from business letters of course), he didn’t play card games, he didn’t do much of anything. He was completely insufferable and the idea of marrying him was torture. Rose implored her parents to reconsider, but the decision had been made and she had no choice in the matter. She would leave in a week to become Mrs. Archibald Bernard and live out her days in utter misery. Being the middle daughter of three children Rose had been often left to her own devices. The nurses were busy either tutoring her elder brother or chasing after her younger sister. So she found herself outside hiding in trees reading books, or off on her own adventures in the woods behind the house. Always somewhere else in her mind or the pages of a book. She longed for adventure and a life of something more than being a rich man’s breeding mare. She had no idea the how much her life would change as she boarded the ship to sail her Kent to Cork. Sitting in her cabin she cried on the onion skin pages of the book. The main character had married her true love and it only reminded Rose how she would never be loved like that. Above her the skies were turning dark and stormy, tho she had no idea. It seemed as if the storm had come out of nowhere as it tossed the ship like a toy. The waves grew bigger and bigger as Rose sobbed. Until one over took the bow and flooded salt water inside. She couldn’t remember much more, just the yelling and screams as people scrambled for safety. Three days later Rose was drifting in the ocean laying on what was once her cabin door.

Weapons:Nothing but her wits.

Skills/Abilities:She is skilled with her tongue, she can talk herself out of most any situation. Has some swordsmanship abilities that are yet to be discovered. Her highest ability is her will to survive and drive to become someone different. Her fae abilities is she is a swanmaiden tho she does not know it. Weather seems to shift with her moods.

O&Os:Ons- Romantic men, strong arms, very vanilla in the bedroom. Offs- Not a fan of the ladies, animals, blood, gore, anything too kinky.

AnnieSatin

There is my first draft lol please let me know what I should change. I very much want her to be a fish out of water sort of character. Not at all the typical pirate princess to begin with tho she will grow and gain abilities as the story goes on (hopefully, or die quickly lol). 

Timeless

@Mediocre Author and @AnnieSatin - Character sheets are good! Approved! Please post them in the Approved Character Sheets thread here.

Kakihara

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on February 03, 2024, 01:30:34 AM

Distinguishing Features: Compass with skull and crossbones inside over left breast, along with sword scars around her body

Personality: Anne is flirtatious to everyone, but will quickly let someone know whether or not she doesn't like them. A fiery attitude like her hair, she is deathly loyal to those she trusts and respects. A strong and able seafarer, Anne is as at-home on the deck of a ship as she is inside a tavern or on the beach.

History: While Anne isn't quite sure where she was born, she knows that it was somewhere in Ireland. Raised in a Catholic orphanage, Anne was quick to run away at the tender age of nine. Because of her smaller stature she was able to stow away on a ship headed for the New World.

While aboard, she was found out, and ended up working as a deckhand and assistant to the captain. It turned out to be a great learning opportunity for her. Unfortunately, it was while sailing to the West Indies that the ship was put upon by pirates before being able to make it to Jamaica to pick up a shipment of sugar cane. While most of the crew was killed, Anne was one of the few whom was spared. Fair features and the ability to work on a ship was something that could not be passed up. And so Anne learned the life of a pirate crew. She learned quickly that being fair and shy would not do, and so she quickly became a rather outgoing girl, learning from those on the crew to have a quick lip and a strong constitution.

As she grew, Anne became quite the beauty. Having a rather open and witty personality lent her to be the object of many songs for the sailors aboard her vessel Williams Pride. Like all of the sailors, Anne was happy to spent time in Nassau, and ended up working out connections with several taverns and sugar-cane plantations. It was with this influence and trade that Anne was able to work out the best deals for varying alcohol...including rum.

After three years on the Williams, Anne was able to be voted captain. With connections in rum and sugar, the redhead used plunder from the sea to grow out her own sugar-cane fields and begin her own rum distillery. This, added to the bounty taken from Williams Pride gained her the chance to have more of a voice in what happened in Nassau.

Though she has never officially been accused of piracy, there are many rumors surrounding Anne in this regard in more legal circles. However, her influence with pirates throughout Nassau...whom she plies with contracts for gold and fair prices for rum...has given her an impressive buffer. The barquentine Williams Pride still goes out from time to time, with a new captain and a fresh crew. However the captain is well aware that he answers to Anne, and remains a loyal servant to this Lady of Nassau.

Weapons: Three flintlock pistols and two cutlasses. The pistols will often cross over her chest, while the blades always rest upon her hips. She also carries a small dagger, sheathed at the small of her back.

Skills/Abilities: Aside from being quick on a draw and deadly with a blade, Anne has the unique ability of being able to dissolve flesh and bone with a touch.

O&Os: Ons = Dub-con, Seduction, D/s, Flirtation, Exh/Voy (Anything else not in offs can be discussed). Offs = Violent R, Vore, Gore, Bathroom Play, Body Mod.
Overall, the character looks good but there is some sticking points.  One, the 'dissolve flesh and bone with a touch.' is a bit much and wouldn't work with 'fairyblooded'.  Fairyblooded can access magic but they don't have innate abilities, they need to use runes to be able to do anything.  

One other issue is the 'legitimate business woman' aspect of the bio, where she is not seen as a pirate.  Neither the other Pirate Lords nor the other captains would support someone like that and really wouldn't' fit in with the style of the game.  So like the last two paragraphs of the bio would need some work on that aspect of the bio to be acceptable.  Pirate lords have a certain standard to hold their power among their own kind so it is a little tougher.  

WhatLiesAbove

WhatLiesAbove

As she grew, Anne became quite the beauty. Becoming aware not only of how she looked but also how men responded to her looks, she was quick to figure out ways to use her wiles to get what she wanted. However, looks weren't enough to get her knowledge. It was with this in mind that Anne studied charts and spent as much time as possible on the quarterdeck of her ship, the Williams Pride, to learn how to maneuver the ship. Nimble as she was, Anne was also able to work from the tops of the mizzent down to the inside of the keel, learning every part of the ship from the bow to the stern.

When finally elected Captain, Anne knew that she had to work hard in order to keep her position. After all, who wanted a captain who was meek and wouldn't make them any money? For over a year she worked, caring not for the origins of any ships that her crew attacked and boarded. She soon had a reputation, and those who saw her flag knew that death was likely not far away.

While having a reputation as being ruthless helped with civilians, there was an added bonus for those that knew her. During her time on Nassau, Anne works to perfect her recipe for Rum. It is used in stores of grog as well as in bottles for those who wish to purchase. Of course, it's not for civilian use, and the actual location of Anne's still is known by only a handful of people.

All in all, Anne knows that she has pushed herself into what is seen as mostly a mans world. She can drink, fight, and curse with the best of them, and her prowess on the sea is well-known...especially in this part of the world. Anne looks after herself first and foremost, but through that desire she is able to keep her crew well-off. After all, sailors look for someone who can not only put gold in their pockets, but can get them back to shore to spend it.

Skills/Abilities: Quick-draw, self-taught on the sword, able to read charts, brew Rum, ability to read a coastline for dangers to a ship, reading weather patterns.