What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Wow, Warhammer fans are some of the most devout and sensitive fans I've ever met :/ I said that Space Marine was very similar to Gears. And it is! >.< I don't care if the Lore is different, and I don't see how the pistol being a technical rocket launcher disputes that! It's like Mafia 2 is to GTA4, even the presentation is near identical.

But no, I have spoken blasphemy and been bludgeoned with a very large rulebook. For the Emprah. I dunno who that is, but he needed me smited for my insolence.

Hemingway

You should hear me talk about Mass Effect.

Quote from: Wolfy on September 09, 2011, 08:05:35 PM
Hemingway.

You, Me, Space Marine's Multiplayer.

Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Victory.

Be there or be Square.

I'm not sure I can be there, me being in Europe and all. Multiplayer is pretty fun, though. I can't wait to be a Devastator.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on September 09, 2011, 07:24:39 PM
Tsk, tsk. Space Marines are, among other things, known as the Angels of Death. Which just adds to the badassness!
*Snirk!*

Yeah, sure... okay... now I don't think I'm ever going to take these guys seriously. Plus, they don't handle being nuked better than any other thing in the universe.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 10, 2011, 06:35:53 AM
*Snirk!*

Yeah, sure... okay... now I don't think I'm ever going to take these guys seriously. Plus, they don't handle being nuked better than any other thing in the universe.

No...but they get health from ripping things in half.

What's not badass about that?

Hemingway

Limiting your number of saves actually isn't the biggest save-related sin Hitman commits. Far worse is the fact it deletes your saves if you exit the game. You have to complete every mission in one sitting. You can't go back to where you saved.

Wolfy

You know what I like about Dawn of the Island?

It has what I've been wanting in games for a long time...realistic bodies. o3o

As in, if you smack someone in the arm with a hammer, their bone will break and they won't be able to use it anymore.

Tell me what other game does that?

Yes sir, Left 4 Island is a good game to me. <3

Plus the fact that I can throw a god damn cleaver and actually cut off an arm. <3

Hemingway

You know, it's the big things that make good games. But little things help, too. Like, to kill an Ork Nob with an execution, you normally lock weapons with them and have to tap B repeatedly to finish them off. With a Thunder Hammer, you just smash their head apart. Thunder Hammers are ... a lot like Gravity Hammers from Halo, in terms of size and effect on flesh.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, the Thunder Hammer also allows you to instantly execute regular Ork Boyz. Normally you'd have to stun them. I mean, that's a badass weapon right there!

Wolfy

Hemingway, as I said..you, me, Space Marines Multiplayer.

o3o

Hemingway

It appears I was mistaken.

And, Wolfy, as I said: I don't think we can play, as I'm in Europe.

Wolfy

.....D:< Then move to America. I want to stomp you. <3

Wolfy

The one thing I don't like about Dead island is...

Oh wait a second, I can't resist. *Puts on Cat Ears and Tail, and mimics Sabby the best that he can*

Dead Island? More like Fetch Quest: The Game.

Sabby

I'd be more clever then that. It's more like Lazy Assuming Australian Vacationers: The Game. Starring Zombies.

"Awww, mate, you that bloke whose immune, 'ey? Yeah, right mate, there's this gas can whats a little bit down the road, I can see it and I could run out and pick her up and come back, but I'm a bit of a shiela, fair go mate"

Go get gas. Bring back.

"Fuckin' oath mate, thanks, ya saved me a job there. Now me and the lads are thirsty, theres a lightly infected petrol station within eyesight. We got a car and plenty of weapons, and it'd be pisseasy to go do it ourselves, but your immune and we're a bunch of shielas, fair go mate"

Go get beer. Bring back.

"Top stuff mate! Now the dunnies gone and shit itself, ya reckon ya can fix it? Sleeves up ya mug"

Shoot racist stereotype in the leg, drag out on the road, drive away. Bloody dingbat.

Hemingway

Fetch Quest: The Game sounds like a marginally better experience than Time Limits: GAME OVER IN 60 SECONDS. Also known as Superman 64. But I've never actually played that. So it's still a hypothetical game.

Wolfy

What, you mean Dead Island doesn't give an accurate portrayal of Australians? How would you know Sabby? <3

Also, you have to admit one thing, Sabby...Dead Island does a good job of making you really feel like you're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, if nothing else.

Sabby

Yeah, it does as good a job of making you believe your in a necrotic apocalypse as Borderlands did of convincing you your in an old west town. In space!

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on September 11, 2011, 09:15:30 AM
Yeah, it does as good a job of making you believe your in a necrotic apocalypse as Borderlands did of convincing you your in an old west town. In space!

I know right? I was dirty harry up in that bitch.

Ok Sabby...what would make it more realistic for you, then?

Inkidu

You know, I was thinking about buying Dead Island (I have a lot to trade in) but I hate fetch quests. Does it really look like an MMORPG quest page or something?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

KikuLei

I am playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 1 , I am waiting on my DW 7 to get here then I will play that. Dynasty Warriors, such an under-appreciated series.

Inkidu

Oh, I also beat Catherine. At least I get to say what a bad game it is without anyone saying, "Well you just didn't play it through."

Wolfy

Quote from: KikuLei on September 11, 2011, 02:46:24 PM
I am playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 1 , I am waiting on my DW 7 to get here then I will play that. Dynasty Warriors, such an under-appreciated series.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is soooooo good. <3

Also..the one gripe I have about Dead Island? Is that the four main characters show up in Cutscenes, even when you're playing alone..

So it makes it look like those three other fuckers are just standing back while you kill all the zombies. :/

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on September 11, 2011, 02:42:43 PM
You know, I was thinking about buying Dead Island (I have a lot to trade in) but I hate fetch quests. Does it really look like an MMORPG quest page or something?

There's a reason I call it Left 4 Dead Island: Tropical Borderlands. Borderlands was an MMO with no one else playing, and had guns. Dead Island is near identical, but replace shooting with bashing.

And Wolfy, to answer your question, Dead Island would be more authentic and realistic, like your saying it is (it doesn't need to be to be awesome) if it weren't a fucking RPG. Stats destroy immersion no matter where they pop up. Its not a complaint, its a fact. Immersion is not required for a good game, but it is for an 'authentic' experience, and its impossible to have that with a co-op game or an RPG.

And Dead Island is both.

Frost

Forza 3 just got one last achievement to do then full 1000g's gold in every race on event list , so will be in time for Forza 4

KikuLei

Quote from: Wolfy on September 11, 2011, 04:33:29 PM
Dynasty Warriors Gundam is soooooo good. <3

Also..the one gripe I have about Dead Island? Is that the four main characters show up in Cutscenes, even when you're playing alone..

So it makes it look like those three other fuckers are just standing back while you kill all the zombies. :/

Haven't played Gundam. o.O

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 11, 2011, 04:44:40 PM
There's a reason I call it Left 4 Dead Island: Tropical Borderlands. Borderlands was an MMO with no one else playing, and had guns. Dead Island is near identical, but replace shooting with bashing.

And Wolfy, to answer your question, Dead Island would be more authentic and realistic, like your saying it is (it doesn't need to be to be awesome) if it weren't a fucking RPG. Stats destroy immersion no matter where they pop up. Its not a complaint, its a fact. Immersion is not required for a good game, but it is for an 'authentic' experience, and its impossible to have that with a co-op game or an RPG.

And Dead Island is both.
Yep, arbitrary little immersion breakers. That's kind of why I applaud  Dead Space as a series. Yes, you're looking at a menu, yes you're seeing your gun stats, but it's holographically displayed in front of Issac so it breaks that wall a lot less.

I'll wait for Dead Island to hit bargain bin then, because I thought Borderlands was going to be different and regret paying full price for it.

Besides, if I'm stuck with another Zomedy game I'd rather it be Dead Rising: Off the Record. At least they added a sandbox mode with additional challenges.

Sabby

Dead Island is fun, but the only possible way I'd recommend a full price purchase is if you have three good friends who like to lan a lot.