Skeleton Ideas for Rp

Started by Arcite, May 11, 2012, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcite

Okay, so I haven't really got much here but something involving creepiness and otherworlds? Something near Silent Hill maybe?  I just love Silent Hill.  Basically just a name your character and throw them on the street doing something type of thing.

Um...otherwise...if you aren't looking for something a bit less spooky could...do a more fantasy based.  I've got a world template involving steam punk victorian features.  Just kind of..action-y and romantic-ish.

Please feel free to throw in some ideas
Keep pretending this is how it's supposed to be and smile pretty for the camera.

DarkNevaeh

I am honestly good for whatever.  I do better in fantasy setings, but I can do scary ones too if you'd like.  Your choice really.  Victorian/Steampunk is fun too ^_^

Arcite

Well the steampunk one might catch with you more.  It's also more adaptable with the time line so it can be not so victorian era.  It involves two classes of human, regulars and elementals.  Regular people rely heavily on technology while elementals have the ability to manipulate any derivative of the four main elements (air,water,fire,earth).  So that's kind of more fantasy based.
Keep pretending this is how it's supposed to be and smile pretty for the camera.

Arcite

Forgot to mention the two factions of humans don't sit well with each other, obviously.

DarkNevaeh

Obviously, lol.  We can do that if you are up for it. ^_^

Arcite

Oh you've found one of the most indecisive people on earth!  Yeah lets give it a go I guess. I'll get it started.

DarkNevaeh

lol yay indecisiveness!  Sure, jsut toss me a link to the actual rp thread

Arcite

If we get anymore takers we can set up a parallel thread that converges later if they want to be in a secondary area or if they want to go with what's happening we can cycle through on turns I suppose.  It's been a LOOOONG time since I've done any group roleplaying.

Arcite

OKAY! So my brain has begun to actually work again and I have an update for details on how this world will work.

The majority of the industrialized world has operates on a good bit of turn of the century equipment.  In cities for transportation you have; horse and carriage, mobiles (cars), bikes (motorcycle), steam trains and the air ship.  The wealthier you are the better equipment you have.  You won't see a poor traveller with an automobile of any kind unless it was stolen or they used to have money and lost it all.  Dress in the cities is also akin to that of victorian era fashion.  It can vary on flashiness, modesty and so forth.  You will find plenty of stone work and metal work all around.

In a specific territory of the world where the majority of elemental life resides it is a drastically different story.  Much of the land is arid you will find more mud, clay and stone work.  People prefer to travel by foot since they can use the ground to their advantage but it is not unheard of for them to have higher technology.  Dress is light and layered, a mix of what you might have seen in ancient greece and India.

Weaponry can has a large spectrum.  You have multi-chamber pistols, rifles, shotguns as well as short swords, daggers, and cross bows.  There is heavy artillary but that is kept by military only!  Elementals are able to manipulate any element to varying degrees, it is unlikely they are a master of everything since they are working with different types and amounts of mass.

If there are any further questions please let me know

Tsumi Okazaki

Hey sorry for popping into your thread unannounced but I read the role play and it seems quite interesting. I was thinking of joining if you allow, but I don't know how you break down the elemental classes. For example, being this seems a bit like Avatar or more like Legends of Korra since it has updated technology in it, would your elementals be able to use variations of one ability. Like fire and lightning, water and ice along with drawing it from a human body, or ect ect. Curious about their weapon limits as well since they are already elementals.

Zad

I want in, Arcite. Please, I'd be so greatful

DarkNevaeh

Zad, if youd like to read, the RP is called 'From the Sands'

Zad

Can you link me, please?  O:)

DarkNevaeh

Argleblather

By all means, go ahead without me. I'm kind of up and down and back and forth at the computer today as I'm working on studying and packing and general housiness. :) No worries.
Rainbow Writer
A/A updated 3.31.2020. Discord: Argleblather#0643

DarkNevaeh

Arcite

Am I the only one who gets a little flustered trying to keep everything separated into the proper threads for chat?

Quote from: Zad on May 12, 2012, 09:56:44 PM
I want in, Arcite. Please, I'd be so greatful

Zad you're good to join, doesn't even have to be a character on the ship, just let us know when you want to jump in and we can hold the line for you otherwise just run over some people like I do!

Arcite

Quote from: Tsumi Okazaki on May 12, 2012, 08:23:08 PMI don't know how you break down the elemental classes.  would your elementals be able to use variations of one ability. Like fire and lightning, water and ice along with drawing it from a human body, or ect ect. Curious about their weapon limits as well since they are already elementals.

Sorry it's taken me a bit to answer this for you Tsumi.  Elementals are not limited to just using one element.  They can use all the elements and are able to work within a large spectrum of that element.  They are able to draw water from a human body (dehydrating them or upsetting their blood flow) but it is a very rare to find an Elemental with that amount of control.  However, they are not able to have any actual influence over how a living being moves or thinks, that include plant and animal life. They are also open to using regular weaponry because sometimes it's just easier to stab or pull a trigger.  Weapons tech is similar to the weapons found in the world in the late 1800's and very early 1900's.  So if you wanted a specific fire arm I would suggest doing some research on it first.

Hope that clears things up a little for you.  If you have any more questions feel free to toss them at me.

Tsumi Okazaki

Quote from: Arcite on May 13, 2012, 06:12:55 PM
Sorry it's taken me a bit to answer this for you Tsumi.  Elementals are not limited to just using one element.  They can use all the elements and are able to work within a large spectrum of that element.  They are able to draw water from a human body (dehydrating them or upsetting their blood flow) but it is a very rare to find an Elemental with that amount of control.  However, they are not able to have any actual influence over how a living being moves or thinks, that include plant and animal life. They are also open to using regular weaponry because sometimes it's just easier to stab or pull a trigger.  Weapons tech is similar to the weapons found in the world in the late 1800's and very early 1900's.  So if you wanted a specific fire arm I would suggest doing some research on it first.

Hope that clears things up a little for you.  If you have any more questions feel free to toss them at me.

Ah, I was thinking of using the Dehydration bit. Making it where she can yank the water out of someones entire body or just their limb depending on how she did it if she was touching them. or cause them to suddenly pass out from a distance.

Still just kicking around ideas on that part, but her weapons would be a set of Colt .45 Peacemakers. I'm a bit of a loon about firearms and those are a prize to me lol. Lol my knowledge of guns only covers a limited amount of older handguns though. My weapons knowledge is mainly blade oriented.

Arcite

The Peacemaker is fine, it's made within the right range of time to be applicable.  As for the dehydration, I'm going to think about it and get a better idea of the standards that would have to be applied.  I just hate leaving any character particularly over powered.  So if you want to get your character started within the basic parameters I'll give some more thought to how the manipulation of body fluid would work and get ack to you on it.

Tsumi Okazaki

Quote from: Arcite on May 14, 2012, 01:32:04 AM
The Peacemaker is fine, it's made within the right range of time to be applicable.  As for the dehydration, I'm going to think about it and get a better idea of the standards that would have to be applied.  I just hate leaving any character particularly over powered.  So if you want to get your character started within the basic parameters I'll give some more thought to how the manipulation of body fluid would work and get ack to you on it.
Oh I totally agree which is why I was trying to plot it out myself. The only thing i came up with so far is something like her gripping your arm and literally turning it into a piece of beef jerky as far as the dehydration goes. Maybe being able to draw just enough out of a person over a distance to cause heat exhaultion. Or I could just go with Fire lol. I kinda just thought about the dehydration and water production because its a desert and that seemed to fit right in lol. But I think fire can get complicated pretty quick as well.

Zad

:) May I make a theif?
I think a thief would be great in this game

Arcite

A thief would be excellent!  It fits in with pirates and vagrants and the other more seedy side of society.

Did you plan on making him a regular human or an elemental?

Zad

A human named Troy. I posted already.
He's pretty agile

Arcite

Quote from: Zad on May 15, 2012, 03:58:37 AM
A human named Troy. I posted already.
He's pretty agile

You are far more organized with keeping up on topics than I am!