Blood & Magic: (Started But Always Recruiting) Need F

Started by Narianna, February 14, 2012, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsptGoddess

I wish to see these horrific beautiful maps. (:

Narianna

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 19, 2012, 08:34:39 PM
I wish to see these horrific beautiful maps. (:

Oh and you will! They'll be the center of reference in the starter threads! I had to damn near redo the entire first floor of the tavern. The floor plans aren't as funny as the actual map and sign on the tavern. I fancy myself an arteest!  :P

gsptGoddess

Quote from: Narianna on February 19, 2012, 08:51:23 PM
Oh and you will! They'll be the center of reference in the starter threads! I had to damn near redo the entire first floor of the tavern. The floor plans aren't as funny as the actual map and sign on the tavern. I fancy myself an arteest!  :P

Oooh, I see. I can't wait to... see. >>;
If I had the time, I'd use the home-making program I have to make a complete design of the house that's being used as the focal point in another story I'm making. Are you making actual floor plans, or just a skeleton?

Narianna

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 19, 2012, 08:59:02 PM
Oooh, I see. I can't wait to... see. >>;
If I had the time, I'd use the home-making program I have to make a complete design of the house that's being used as the focal point in another story I'm making. Are you making actual floor plans, or just a skeleton?

Ermm... Just a skeleton. lol I don't know the first thing about designing floor plans. I'm just doing my best to note where the kitchen is vs the dining room. Haha!

Honestly, I just found a map, a tavern, and a couple floor plans on Google and I'm just working in paint to make them mine.

gsptGoddess

Quote from: Narianna on February 19, 2012, 09:01:39 PM
Ermm... Just a skeleton. lol I don't know the first thing about designing floor plans. I'm just doing my best to note where the kitchen is vs the dining room. Haha!

Honestly, I just found a map, a tavern, and a couple floor plans on Google and I'm just working in paint to make them mine.

Bahaha. That's what I do with pretty much everything else. I'm horrible at it, so I'm sure your 'arteestic' skills are much better than mine. I just like making houses. It's the only reason I have SIMS.

Narianna

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 19, 2012, 09:11:48 PM
Bahaha. That's what I do with pretty much everything else. I'm horrible at it, so I'm sure your 'arteestic' skills are much better than mine. I just like making houses. It's the only reason I have SIMS.

Haha! Me too! I use the little cheat codes to get a large sum of money, put the game on pause, and just have a field day building my own house!

gsptGoddess

I'm not the only one! My fiance yells at me cause there are a million games on my computer but only one has been played past a sim week. :P It's so much fun though, huh?

Photo

Name: Dianna Lucille Emerson
Race: Human

Appearance: Dianna is a quarter Mexican, the rest of her blood is mixed violently through all of Europe. Her mother was born to a white mother, and lived in Texas. Her father's side of the family migrated to America in the 19th century from Ireland. she has an upturned nose and wide innocent eyes. her brow is defined, and her cheeks flare out to meet an equally wide jaw. She is free of wrinkles and blemishes, an even face comes framed in long tangles of brown hair. She likes to dress in fair gowns and loose fitting summer dresses. Still, she has three pairs of trusted jeans that do the job when the situation arises.

History: Dianna comes from a small family. She had one older brother named Alex, born six years before her. He treated her like a sidekick and she learned to act freely under his wing. Growing up, she lived a typical life in Texas. Her parents had bar-b-que's and they went to church every Sunday. The football games were life and death, and in her early high school years, she was a cheerleader with all of her friends. Come Junior year, the politics got to her and she started to befriend the rebels at the school that actively worked to destroy the regular social circumstances she was used to living in. She retired her pon-pons and started to drink. Her father didn't approve, and neither did her brother. Unwilling to submit to what was expected of her, she insisted that all of their lives were sick.

she struggled with her new identity for the rest of high school and spent a lot of time sleeping in the bed's of boys from class. They were easier to be around then her father, and they treated her better. Most of her girl friends cut her off and she graduated with an undesirable GPA, college never once crossed her mind. She hated her family, she hated Texas, and she hated football. Utah had a low crime rate and a low rate of living.

Dianna ripped open her savings account and bought a car, the largest one she could find, as it would be her home while she hunted for an apartment or a house to move into... and a job. She wasn't on the search for a wild party, or a calm environment. she wanted to feel like a cowboy, the real Texas Ranger. Utah was the perfect fit.

Personality: Dianna fears nothing, adventure to her is the only way to live. She doesn't play it safe, and she doesn't hesitate to take a risk. She's witty, super aware of her own emotions, and stable. She likes to smoke, and she likes to drink. Her favorite kind of music is post-hardcore punk and she fucks like James Bond would if he were gay. When it comes to other people, she never attempts to figure them out. In stead, she focuses entirely on her own growth and alignment. So meeting men is a sport to her, a game, a confidential mission handed out to her by the government. Dianna has a tendency to play the victim though, and it can be a burden to the people around her, especially when she's drinking.

Advantages: Brave, explosively honest, and good at reading people. She can usually tell what a person wants before they ask for it, depending on the situation of course. Always prepared.

Flaws: Rude, weak (no muscles), unimaginative. Dianna has trouble adjusting to intense situations, if she's caught unprepared, she'll do nothing to remedy the problem. 'no kindling, no fire.'
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Photo

Name: Alexander Mark Emerson

Appearance: Maybe sutract ten years worth of money and age from this man, and you would have Alex

History: He grew up with Dianna, his younger sister. Alex was six years old when she was born. And most of his life was contained in secret. The entire family and all of his teachers figured him to be a regular, honest, Texas football boy. But he was a significant party animal. He knew that it was his responsibility to be a good role model for Dianna, so after he graduated, he knew he would have to take himself more seriously. Attending college at the University of Texas for over six years and graduating with a masters degree in general biology.

His presence in Utah is one of a protective older brother. He's following Dianna here to keep an eye on her. His father never asked it from him, but he knows that every one will be better off if he does this.

Personality: Alexander is an ethical man with a sharp mind. He's not a social butterfly, but he is a fantastic leader and a powerful judge of character. his sense of humor is very sloppy and raw, it's just a rare occasion for him to spill a joke, or even laugh at one. He likes to appear as firm as his sister. He's not, he has no idea who he is. He's been too busy trying to be as strong as possible.

Advantages: physically capable, and incredibly smart. Unlike his sister, he can think outside of the box.
Flaws: ultimately ignorant. Poor Alexander is more innocent than his sister, and he is easily manipulated and worst of all, he's unwilling to accept this flaw. His friends used to say that retarded children could trick him into paying for their bus fare.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Photo

So I said i had two characters, and i ended up with one REALLY dysfunctional one that has two faces... I'm not entirely sure how they're going to fit into the story, but like you said Narianna, this'll be a sandbox RP, so I'm not that worried about it as of yet.

PM me if i screwed up at all
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Narianna

Oh, I love them, Photo! If E has no probs with them, they're in! I would change nothing about them.

On a side note. There are probably 3 ways that someone would come to this town as it seems more off the beaten path than I'd originally expected:

1. Someone (maybe the gas station attendant) told them about it.
2. They were sent there.
3. They found it as the number one spot on America's most fucking desolate places EVER list. Which is actually quite possible if you're running away from something...

Photo

yeah. Dianna is looking for a blank template to surround herself with. I'm betting that all three of those reasons happened to her.

something like this. "I need some where desolate to be...I'll try Utah." On the way there some one (maybe the gas station attendant) tells them about, and reacting to their excitement, that attendant sends her into town.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

gsptGoddess

I do believe my dear Elise could have a lot of fun with this Alexander fellow. His naivety will allow her to play her little games to her heart's content. Well, unless he finally catches on, that is. :P

Photo

Alex would not catch on, not even for a second
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

gsptGoddess

Narianna

Alright so I simply can not stay up any longer. I wanted to get a few background characters together before I started so I'm pretty sure I will have it all up tomorrow. My apologies for the delay.

Elf

Photo, I have no problem with your characters. So as Naria has already given her approval you are in.

Syberfang

Name: Michael Taylor Corbin

History:
Michael was born in California, and raised in New York, He couldn't understand what exactly it was that caused everyone to move so fast. In his mind he had all the time in the world. He wasn't the most popular kid in school, nor was he a good student. His imagination always taking him to places deep within his inner sanctum.

When he was younger he fell in love with a book series his aunt gave him on for his 11th birthday. The book was titled. Sherlock Holmes The House of Silk. Michael became obsessed with mysteries. He started developing his own stories, and acting them out usually using pets or neighbors to aid him in his fantasies. As he grew so did his imagination. By eighteen he struck it out to become a famous murder mystery novelist, but what he didn't realize was that being a writer doesn't pay, and since most of his time was spent trying to survive he had no time to write. So he was forced into the statistic of one of the thirty-eight-thousand people without Holmes in New York, Such a hardship is hard for any and so he turned to a means of distraction, and soon became a User of Heroin.

For years he stayed on the streets, until one day whilst walking through the busy streets, he ran into a distant cousin, who bought him a coffee. His cousin told him a about his wife, and kid's, and told him not to loose hope. "Deserve Victory" were the final words his cousin had told him before leaving to continue on his day. Michael only sat at the diner, staring at his hands at what he had become.

While he sat in that dinner for hours all he could think about was where his life was going, Suddenly he found himself writing again before he knew it he was selling books. A year later he was one of the top Murder Mystery Writers in America, he had cleaned up, moved into a house on the hill, everything he could ever want. He took the alias Coel Taylor, as his writing name, and the name of his famous crime solving detective in his popular book series. After every book he rote the inscription on the back inside cover. "Deserve Victory"

Unfortunately, being a world resound writer had some expectations, and before he knew it. He was in the Middle of a noisy cit ,with writers block. He had to get out, and find a place of piece and quite. So he started traveling.

Personality:
He's not very socially graceful, and lots of the time ends up in awkward silences, however if you get him talking he has a beautiful mind. He's not a depressive person, but he puts of the persona of one sometimes because he's lost in his mind. He sometimes seems very scattered and disoriented, but very mature and calm. Some times he will get excited all of the sudden because of an idea sparks, but not very often.

Advantages:
He is great at solving puzzles and mystery, being a novelist himself, he tends to piece things together quickly. Also very observant, being as how detail is something every writer needs.

Flaws:
Headaches constantly, along with a weakness for pretty women.  He also tends to be bluntly honest with people because of the way his mind works, which in turn tends to get him in a lot of trouble.

Syberfang

sorry I'm late, I was just approved like an hour or two ago.

Photo

awesome character, Syberfang but i have no decisive voice in this game. I'd accept you.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Elf

Syberfang, I see no problems with Michael so as far as I'm concerned you are approved final approval of course is up to Narianna though. Welcome to the the game and I guess to Elliquiy as a whole.

Syberfang

Narianna

Wonderful, Syberfang! You're in. ;) And you're never too late to join this game.

For everyone playing a vampire: I'm going to make an NPC Lord of this and neighboring towns (all under 1 rule as the population isn't very prevalent here) and his Sheriff. If, in the future, anyone wants to play Lord/Lady or Sheriff of the area, I'll find a way to write you in. Remember, it's not necessary to present yourself to the Lord unless you are planning on or do stay for 3 or more days in the area.

Syberfang

Narianna

I haven't gotten the RP up yet. Almost finished with the NPCs. I should have it up in a couple hours, if not sooner.