Thundercats 2011 Trailer.

Started by Wolfy, July 04, 2011, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

>>; Hmm.  I should probably be worried about the fact that I thought of a way to justify that, shouldn't I?

Oniya

Did it have to do with the fact that thoughts are formed by electrical impulses in the brain?

If so, then yes, be worried.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hideyori

Quote from: Oniya on July 18, 2011, 09:31:52 PM
Did it have to do with the fact that thoughts are formed by electrical impulses in the brain?

Well, at least Magneto's never given his backstory the finger and led baseline humans into a gas chamber.

Oh, wait, never mind, that happened, too.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mob say. Doesn't matter if the /whole country/ decides that something wrong, is something right. This nation was founded under one principle above all others - The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the /whole world/ tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, "No. /You/ move."

Kunoichi

Quote from: Oniya on July 18, 2011, 09:31:52 PM

Okay. .-.

:P

consortium11

Quote from: Hideyori on July 18, 2011, 10:06:54 PM
Well, at least Magneto's never given his backstory the finger and led baseline humans into a gas chamber.

Oh, wait, never mind, that happened, too.

Well technically it was one of the Xorn's as the Marvel editors desperately tried to retcon those events.

Which leaves Doom's utter betrayal of his backstory in Unthinkable even worse because it's still canon...

Oniya

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 18, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
Okay. .-.

:P

(You realize that to come up with my post, I would have had to come up with the same justification, right?)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hideyori

Quote from: consortium11 on July 19, 2011, 02:36:39 PM
Well technically it was one of the Xorn's as the Marvel editors desperately tried to retcon those events.

Which leaves Doom's utter betrayal of his backstory in Unthinkable even worse because it's still canon...
And then there's One More Day. Also known by its alternate title, "Fuck you, Continuity! by Joe Quesada."
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mob say. Doesn't matter if the /whole country/ decides that something wrong, is something right. This nation was founded under one principle above all others - The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the /whole world/ tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, "No. /You/ move."

Kunoichi

Quote from: Oniya on July 19, 2011, 03:05:24 PM
(You realize that to come up with my post, I would have had to come up with the same justification, right?)

(Yes, hence the :P at the end.)

Jmorty33

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 18, 2011, 03:03:44 AM
And at one point, John Stewart got replaced by Hal Jordan because history was changed...

Was anybody else really pissed that the CN Justice League cartoons used John Stewart as the Leagues GL and not Hal and passing it off like John was the GL who was the charter member and not Hal. Also the fact that Hal only had one appearance in the entire show. Though it was cool that Kyle did make a cameo in the show.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Hideyori

Quote from: Jmorty33 on July 20, 2011, 09:33:49 AM
Was anybody else really pissed that the CN Justice League cartoons used John Stewart as the Leagues GL and not Hal and passing it off like John was the GL who was the charter member and not Hal. Also the fact that Hal only had one appearance in the entire show. Though it was cool that Kyle did make a cameo in the show.
If I remember right, the staff felt that Stewart's personality, which was a little more abrasive than Rayner or Hal, was better suited in terms of potential drama.

Jmorty33

True John was a little more rough than Hal or Kyle, though not as much as Guy; but that doesn't give them the excuse of screwing with continuity. Thanks to that I had a ton of people tell me that they're using the wrong person for the Green Lantern movie and that it should be a black guy. Better suited for more drama? Dude Hal: watched the destruction of his whole city, became an evil entity and almost destroyed the Earth, freed himself and crawled his way back to being the greatest Lantern of all, and beat the shit out of The Blackest Night. As for Kyle he watched two of his girlfriends die, went through not being their for his mother while she was on her death bed, and went through the stress and drama of being both the last Green Lantern in the universe and being Ion. So I think they picked the wrong GL to use.

Hideyori

If you're referring to JL/JLU, I didn't think Rayner had actually /been/ Ion at that point, nor would it've made sense to cram the whole Emerald Twilight thing into a non-Lantern-centric cartoon.

Jmorty33

I'm not saying that those specific story arcs had to be in the shows but it was just to make a point that both Kyle and Hal could handle drama, probably better then John could

Kunoichi

...So, who's watching the series right now?

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

Yay. ^^ So, got any impressions of the series thus far?  I thought the beginning got into the action a little too quickly, myself, but aside from that, I'm really enjoying it thus far.  Thundercat society is pretty interesting, and Snarf has been amazingly successful as comedy relief.

Jag

The cats seem more "We're better than you. We have the power. Piss off"...but hopefully that will change once things move along some more. They all just seem so damn cocky, except Lion-O and the twins.

Love the twin. Such cute, sneaky kittens!

I'm a little upset about Panthro.

Overall, I'll have to see the whole episode and likely a few more after to decide whether I really like it or not. It's pretty good so far. The story seems much more put together than the original. I like how Thundara is a city on Third Earth and that Mum-Ra is a known (even if some believe fake) evil rather than just someone they happen to run into.

EDIT: OMG! Mech armor! What the...?

Kunoichi

I like the way the lizards snuck in an infiltrating force, and they placed a bunch of beacons on high-value targets for artillery to lob missiles at. ^^ It was a nice tactical move, even if they have enough of a technological advantage to just blow the walls down.

Jag

Yeah, the cats do seem to have quite the disadvantage. I hope they explain how the lizards got and kept secret having that kind of technology.

Trojan Lizards. *snakes head* heh...

Also, I take back what I said about Panthro...and Jaga's Clerics = Awesome.

Jmorty33

I'm watching it right this minute. It is awesome!!!! A big bonus is that now Snarf is adorable and cudly rather than bitchy and annoying.

Kunoichi

...Wow.  I wonder how the last fifteen minutes are going to end...  Is Lion-O going to be on the run?

Jag

Nnnnn...scratch what I said about Panthro for a second time...still, it is seeming pretty awesome.

The story and characters seem more well put together. Snark is adorable. I want a plushie Snarf.

Jmorty33

Yeah most likely they'll be running since Mum-Ra has captured Thundera there is no place for them so the only action is to run. Maybe they'll find Panthro somewhere along the way.

Kunoichi

I'm guessing they'll pick up the kids next, myself.  We know they escaped during the battle, the only question is where they went...

Jmorty33

Yeah they'll get the kids next, though with Mum-Ra posing as Panthro does that mean he's actually dead? Who knows we'll all have to wait till next week! Same Cat time! Same Cat channel!