Interest Check: Golden Sun RP [Most likely gonna be EX]

Started by Ex68471, April 10, 2010, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Lol....

I think my Adept will blow fire away...so she can get some water adept goodness herself. xD

Zebu

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 06:28:09 PM
if i aint healin your ass what makes you think i'd heal the rest of your body?

*laughing*
Eh.  You probably have a deep-seated antipathy to amazing asses like mine.  But I forgive you and will travel with you still.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

pendarious

well as long as your growth aint thorny it might slide *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Wolfy

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 08:43:48 PM
well as long as your growth aint thorny it might slide *laughs*

How do you feel about Wind Tentacles? :P

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Wolfy

Quote from: pendarious on April 30, 2010, 08:59:51 PM
no cutting of flesh and we're good *shrugs*

lol...:P Well...Depending on wether I make my character a futa or not, expect some kind of penetration from my Wind Adept. :P

Threesome/Foursome, anyone? Lol

pendarious

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PM
So will there be an official character sheet?

Once I can make one, of course. ;P

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMThere's no real reason to rely on godlike Psy, though.  After all, if the continents were shrinking before the lighthouses were lit, then it'd only make sense that they'd grow and change in the millennium after.

But that's not as fun... Or a crucial plot point. ;D

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMHow much of the plot do you already have worked out?  Basically what's in the intro post, or enough to make sure it'll never stall, or what?

I have basic plot lines laid out, nothing is set in concrete as yet though.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMWill players start together or "join the party" over time?

Once we get a party together, we will start together, and from there we will basically "stumble across and recruit" any other players that join in.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMAre the Djinni wandering around, or do we assume that they're already traveling with someone?

We're basically starting out on a new quest. They will be scattered in my first post.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMIs Weyard still a dangerous, monster-filled world, or has it gotten safer? 

Just as dangerous if not more so.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMHas the technology level changed during the past 1000 years? 

Oh yes. If I can at all swing it, we will have some decent ranged weapons (Woohoo firearms!) and I have a brilliant plan for a massive part of the RP. We shall assemble an airship!

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMAre adepts still a tiny, hidden minority or has the rise of Alchemy made them more common?  If Psyenergy is well-known, what is the prevailing attitude towards Adepts?

Adepts are still a minority, but there are more of them around. Every town has four minimum, one for each of the elements. And there are still those towns where the entire population is adepts. Those are sightly more common, but still few and far between.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMIs the world still pretty much city-states, or are there governing bodies with larger influence?

Mostly city-states, but there are larger bodies on certain continents.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMWhat sort of things might you put in a "strategic PM"?

Basically either stuff to move the plot along that I don't want or can't do myself, or an alert. Alerts are basically me telling that you will find a new djinn or a new unleash weapon.

Quote from: Zebu on April 30, 2010, 05:58:31 PMDo all of these questions annoy you? :D

Not at all. Any more? :D

Also, stuff I thought of on my own:

There will be a slew of new weapons, new summons, and enough djinn so everyone will have nine apiece when we reach the end of the RP.

And I was thinking of adding a "newly discovered element; Technology, AKA Vulcan Psynergy". Yes or no on this idea?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

Zadaris

Is there room for anymore? I'd love to join as I'm a huge fan of the GS series (anxiously awaiting the third.) I was thinking of making my character a fire adept (fire =fun) but I was wondering if maybe I could have my character in posession of the Tomegathericon to make them a dark mage. Perhaps the first of many villains?

And a new type of Psynergy sounds like it'd be feasible (since its a thousand years later). I think you should make it so that it's an uncommon or rare class of Psynergy.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Zebu

Quote from: Ex68471 on May 01, 2010, 09:04:42 AM
We're basically starting out on a new quest. They will be scattered in my first post.
In that case...  How closely are we tracking "classes"?  Will there be new ones, all of the old ones, what?

QuoteAnd I was thinking of adding a "newly discovered element; Technology, AKA Vulcan Psynergy". Yes or no on this idea?
Adding some advanced technology might be interesting.  To that end, I suggest: Arcanum!  It's the name of an old PC game where characters can align themselves with either magic or technology.  You cna't use both, because the presence of magic slightly alters things like the Coefficient of Friction (http://troika.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_1:_Introduction) and similar, while using technology makes it harder to use magic.  Of course, the sight of a fire Adept using psyenergy to fire his flintlock is equally interesting, so I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants. 
Still, keep in mind that guns, even ancient "hand cannons," drastically change a world.  They completely alter what it means to be "powerful" and would certainly make it easier for people to rival Adepts in combat.  Which might be interesting.  Hmmm...

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

on the otherhand with the existance of fire arms  adepts could again take a heavy advantage into a fight because they could make the fire arm fire psy energy instead of balistic ammunition which makes focusing psy energy deadly because what may have been an aoe spell before could now be focused onto one taret and all the damage that was previously dispersed amongs three or four enemies is now focused on one target like say you have i think it was inferno? that blasted all enemies with fire damage? well anyway you use that and inflicted like 2300 or 9000 or something on 3 enemies now your firing it through your gun and delievering 6900 or 27000 damage to one enemy.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMIs there room for anymore?

Of course! :D

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMI was thinking of making my character a fire adept (fire =fun) but I was wondering if maybe I could have my character in posession of the Tomegathericon to make them a dark mage. Perhaps the first of many villains?

Okay, but if that's the case you will come in a bit later than everyone else. Also, would you like to be a villain which will be completely defeated, or a misunderstood "villain who is really a bad guy" which will join the party after an epic battle and keep going in the RP?

Quote from: Zadaris on May 01, 2010, 10:38:23 AMAnd a new type of Psynergy sounds like it'd be feasible (since its a thousand years later). I think you should make it so that it's an uncommon or rare class of Psynergy.

One approval so far. And it will be uncommon at the least.

Quote from: Zebu on May 01, 2010, 10:47:36 AM
In that case...  How closely are we tracking "classes"?  Will there be new ones, all of the old ones, what?

Basically same as the games, djinn make classes. And seeing as I'm planning on making a new element, yeah there will be a ton of new classes. And I'm working on some new class items, possibly one a player, and new Psynergy spells to boot.

Quote from: Zebu on May 01, 2010, 10:47:36 AMAdding some advanced technology might be interesting.  To that end, I suggest: Arcanum!  It's the name of an old PC game where characters can align themselves with either magic or technology.  You cna't use both, because the presence of magic slightly alters things like the Coefficient of Friction (http://troika.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_1:_Introduction) and similar, while using technology makes it harder to use magic.  Of course, the sight of a fire Adept using psyenergy to fire his flintlock is equally interesting, so I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants. 
Still, keep in mind that guns, even ancient "hand cannons," drastically change a world.  They completely alter what it means to be "powerful" and would certainly make it easier for people to rival Adepts in combat.  Which might be interesting.  Hmmm...

Oh wow... Yeah, um... To quote GIR from Invader ZIM, "I don't know what you just said!!!" :D

But anyways, that seems good, so... Yeah. I think that the Vulcan Psynergy, in order to function at all, needs to be at least partly immune from the whole "alters the rule of science" thing. Everything else, there will have to be at least a slight degree of failure.

Quote from: pendarious on May 01, 2010, 06:36:33 PM
on the otherhand with the existance of fire arms  adepts could again take a heavy advantage into a fight because they could make the fire arm fire psy energy instead of balistic ammunition which makes focusing psy energy deadly because what may have been an aoe spell before could now be focused onto one taret and all the damage that was previously dispersed amongs three or four enemies is now focused on one target like say you have i think it was inferno? that blasted all enemies with fire damage? well anyway you use that and inflicted like 2300 or 9000 or something on 3 enemies now your firing it through your gun and delievering 6900 or 27000 damage to one enemy.

Okay, perhaps there will be artifacts that will be partly or wholly immune from the rule that you can use to focus AOE spells or otherwise enhance them, like maybe added effects (inflicts sleep or poison) or boosted damage, or make normal one target spells AOE spells without lowering their damage. Of course that last one will have to be severely resricted. Can you imagine an AOE Odyssey? Actually... That could be awesome! :D

I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

Zebu

Heh.  My main point (about guns) was that a normal human being with a gun (imagine one of Babi's soldiers) has power on par with any except the most elite adepts-- and a lot more range to boot.  If you have guns+a lot of people who understand psyenergy (since there are adepts in every town), psyenergy is going to be a lot less powerful/important in the RP than it was in the original Golden Sun.

Now that I think about it, though, with Alchemy unsealed Psyenergy will be a lot more powerful.  So something like "Saga" (the next stage of Odyssey) would more than compensate for the power of firearms.

Oooh!  New class items!  If I PM you an idea, would it be possible to include it in the RP?

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

pendarious

this techno/psy energy has me a bit skeptical but i'm still in this game.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
Heh.  My main point (about guns) was that a normal human being with a gun (imagine one of Babi's soldiers) has power on par with any except the most elite adepts-- and a lot more range to boot.  If you have guns+a lot of people who understand psyenergy (since there are adepts in every town), psyenergy is going to be a lot less powerful/important in the RP than it was in the original Golden Sun.

And thus my nefarious plot to actually make normal people a bit more threatening is revealed.

Also, I will be putting up a character sheet template soonish, so keep an eye out. What reminded me to mention this here is the fact that a normal human is a feasible choice for a character, especially since there will be decent weapons in the game.

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PMNow that I think about it, though, with Alchemy unsealed Psyenergy will be a lot more powerful.  So something like "Saga" (the next stage of Odyssey) would more than compensate for the power of firearms.

Ummm... Can you explain "Saga" to me? Like, where is it from?

Quote from: Zebu on May 06, 2010, 10:11:08 PMOooh!  New class items!  If I PM you an idea, would it be possible to include it in the RP?

Go for it.

On that note, a good bit of this RP is still under construction (see also: going to make some of it up as I go to adapt for various changes), so if anyone has an idea for anything, new class, new weapon, new spell, new artifact, new summon, new anything, just shoot me a PM and not only will I do my best to work it in if it makes sense, you will also have first dibs on it if you choose. :D

Zebu

Well, Ragnarok=single climactic battle.  Odyssey=Long and perilous journey.  Saga=Legendary hero's lifetime or other similar epic-scale event.  It just seemed the next logical step.  Like Ragnarok, "saga" was originally used in reference to Norse mythology.  That what you wanted to know?

And by the way-- you were intentionally trying to make normal people more dangerous?  Sweet!  I've never seen someone do that before-- this'll be fun!

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Ex68471

Quote from: Zebu on May 07, 2010, 11:47:08 PM
Well, Ragnarok=single climactic battle.  Odyssey=Long and perilous journey.  Saga=Legendary hero's lifetime or other similar epic-scale event.  It just seemed the next logical step.  Like Ragnarok, "saga" was originally used in reference to Norse mythology.  That what you wanted to know?

Yes, thank you. Actually... You may have just help me to name the beginnings of a whole new Psynergy power tier...

And by the way-- you were intentionally trying to make normal people more dangerous?  Sweet!  I've never seen someone do that before-- this'll be fun!
[/quote]

pendarious

CrazyIvan

hey I was wondering is there still room? I have no problem playing a female character if you need me to play one to balance out the party.

Zebu

Also, are we going to start character sheets anytime soon?

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Shadowsteel

I would be interested in joining in. Do you have a full party, or do you need a recurring villain?

One way or the other, Probably Earth Adept, unless you intend to add light or dark adepts.

I would argue against including firearms, because psynergy renders them essentially obsolete. Also, even if the power of psynergy has increased, normal humans likely would have reaped benefits from it, like increased resistance to elements, and more then likely increased physical strength as well.

Also, Lord Alexys Zephyrai is offline at the moment, but expresses possible interest at joining in. He, I believe, would also be likely willing to play a villain, or a wind adept, if he does play. He created a number of resources already, Djinn, plot, etc, and would likely send them to you for inclusion of a Light/ Dark lighthouse story line.
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

Mhina

I remember playing this game! It was the most fun I ever had playing a Gameboy. If there's still room I'd like to play. I can be whatever role is needed, but earth is my favorite element.

Ex68471

Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 12, 2010, 03:44:42 AM
hey I was wondering is there still room? I have no problem playing a female character if you need me to play one to balance out the party.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only other female char we have on the team so far is a futa, so... Yeah. That'd be cool if you're cool with it. :)

Quote from: Zebu on May 12, 2010, 09:24:21 AM
Also, are we going to start character sheets anytime soon?

As soon as I can find the accursed text file I have all my various notes and such in, of course. XD Sorry, my computer is horribly disorganized. It'll be up soon, I promise.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
I would be interested in joining in. Do you have a full party, or do you need a recurring villain?

We can use both party members and villains. Your preference.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PMI would argue against including firearms, because psynergy renders them essentially obsolete. Also, even if the power of psynergy has increased, normal humans likely would have reaped benefits from it, like increased resistance to elements, and more then likely increased physical strength as well.

Well, I'm sorry man, but a lot of my plot revolves around advanced tech, like firearms.

Quote from: Shadowsteel on May 12, 2010, 01:16:05 PMAlso, Lord Alexys Zephyrai is offline at the moment, but expresses possible interest at joining in. He, I believe, would also be likely willing to play a villain, or a wind adept, if he does play. He created a number of resources already, Djinn, plot, etc, and would likely send them to you for inclusion of a Light/ Dark lighthouse story line.

Well, have him send it to me and I'll see how well it'll fit in. :D

Quote from: Mhina on May 14, 2010, 12:41:35 AM
I remember playing this game! It was the most fun I ever had playing a Gameboy. If there's still room I'd like to play. I can be whatever role is needed, but earth is my favorite element.

Awesome. :D Always nice to have more players.

CrazyIvan

I have no problem with playing a female character, so I am also assuming all the party members have Psy powers or are there going to be some without. Also are you sticking to the 4 main elements or are you fine with half elements or new ones?

Ex68471

Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 14, 2010, 08:08:29 PM
I have no problem with playing a female character, so I am also assuming all the party members have Psy powers or are there going to be some without. Also are you sticking to the 4 main elements or are you fine with half elements or new ones?

If we get anyone who wants to play a normal human, it'll be cool. But so far, just adepts. As for the elements, I have added a new one, Tech Psynergy, formally called Vulcan Psynergy. And from what Shadowsteel has said, I am waiting on a PM from Lord Alexys Zephyrai with his notes on Light/Dark psynergy. If you have any ideas, like half elements or even new ones, send me a PM and I'll look it over and see if it'll fit in at all. :D