Valar Morghulis (ASoIaF) - Interest check

Started by The Dark Raven, May 18, 2015, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

And freshly approved for those who might want to work on something together...  Maybe an ally?  A fellow Islander?  A Lynsei salt-wife?

Full Name:  Elmo Volmark.  “Elmo One Eye”.  “The Red Leviathan”.
House Affiliation: House Volmark, bannermen to House Greyjoy of Pyke and Lords of the Iron Islands
Face Claim:  Tadhg Murphy
Distinguishing Features: Compared to those of his kin, Elmo Volmark was considered the runt of the litter.  As a child he was small, and grew to a height of five foot ten.  Though he is not lean muscle as others, he does not lack for strength.  There are a few scars of battle across his body, notably the one across his face for which he has lost vision in one eye.

Personality:  By nature, Elmo is a calculating man.  He is not one to jump into a conflict or engage in a fight, without seeing the whole picture laid out before him, knowing his options and the strengths and weaknesses of an individual.  He is known to be a charming individual when needed, and a downright cruel and savage animal in the heat of battle.  He is a firm believer in the Old Way, although he is an educated man and knows his letters.  History is something that has always fascinated him, particularly that of the old history of the Iron Islands and the Kingdom of Harren the Black.  He is a capable leader on the seas among his own men who eagerly follow him into battle.

History: Elmo Volmark was the youngest among his siblings, and the longest living child from the Lord and Lady Volmark.

He was often considered the runt of the triplets born to the Lady.  Where his two brothers were bigger and stronger in their earliest days, Elmo was small and weak.  As time went on, however, he grew, both in size and in strength, while his two brothers, born before he, died in their infancy. 

In his formative years he was sent to the Lord Harlaw, where he learned to read and write, and from there was sent to Pyke to learn the ways of the longship.  He had no desire to be a great lord, for the sea was his domain in his heart.  At age twenty four he became a captain of the Leviathan, named after the sigil of House Volmark, and lead reaving expeditions, against the word of Lord Quellon Greyjoy.  One of the more successful of the Iron Captains, Volmark has been to far-away ports such as Volantis and Mereen to sell slaves.

He's a worldly man, a man who has been in a great many conflicts on land and sea, as evident by the blind eye and scar upon his face from combat.  He has with him a Lyseni Salt Wife.  His sword is called The Trident, an old piece of steel said to have once been a prized possession of House Manderly from before the Conquest.

He has come to the Tourney at Harrenhal, a place that has always fascinated him with his ancestry link to Harren Hoare, to serve as an intermediary and representative of the Seastone Chair, namely Quellon's Sons, to see what may be gained from giving support to Rhaegar Targaryen's possible ascension to the Iron Throne in the form of men and longships.

Additional Pictures:

Writer:  GnothiSeauton
O/Os:  Link
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

And if you could toss that in the Character Sheet thread too, that would be awesome.  If I didn't put a link in post 1, I will put it up as soon as I get home.  :)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 23, 2015, 09:37:27 PM
And if you could toss that in the Character Sheet thread too, that would be awesome.  If I didn't put a link in post 1, I will put it up as soon as I get home.  :)

And done.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Strangefate

Debating.  Mostly just marking the thread for now, not terribly sure what I’d play if I did join.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Strangefate on May 24, 2015, 05:10:36 AM
Debating.  Mostly just marking the thread for now, not terribly sure what I’d play if I did join.  :-)

:)

DartimusRae

The Dark Raven

I will be updating face claims and sheets tonight.  Don't forget to PM them to me if you have them!

GnothiSeauton

My Ashara Dayne and Aerys "The Mad King" Targaryen II just got approved if anyone is up for some plotting!

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

5/28/15 Update:

Aiden and Emjay sheets incoming.

Seeking:

Eddard Stark
Tywin Lannister

GnothiSeauton

*is getting way, way, way too much into the head of my iron islander...

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 28, 2015, 03:36:41 PM
*is getting way, way, way too much into the head of my iron islander...

*grin*

Heartsink

asoiaf <3 definitely interested :-) might go with a canon character, probably 18 y/o Ned

DartimusRae

Question, is there any chance the Dothraki would show up in this story line?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: DartimusRae on May 29, 2015, 11:49:46 PM

The Dothraki are native to Essos.  Our story takes place on Westeros and the Dothraki are pretty much just stories.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Heartsink on May 29, 2015, 11:44:08 PM
asoiaf <3 definitely interested :-) might go with a canon character, probably 18 y/o Ned

Awesome!

You may want to check with Aiden, who has claimed Robert Baratheon, and I am completely up for ideas and plotting as I'm playing Lyanna Stark.

DartimusRae

The Dark Raven

Quote from: DartimusRae on May 29, 2015, 11:53:04 PM
*pout* alright. Maybe a wildling?

I think the wildlings were discovered by Jon Snow and he is not born yet.  The main action is going to be going on in the south part of Westeros, with players from Winterfell (Starks and their bannermen), Lannisport (Lannisters), King's Landing, Dorne, and the Riverlands (where a lot of the action will take place).

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: DartimusRae on May 29, 2015, 11:49:46 PM

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 29, 2015, 11:51:05 PM
The Dothraki are native to Essos.  Our story takes place on Westeros and the Dothraki are pretty much just stories.

There is a precedent for one known Dothraki individual in Westeros from the books.  Not the show.

Zollo (I think that was what his name was) was a Dothraki member of the Brave Companions / Bloody Mummers.  I'm not sure how a Dothraki would work in what is going on, but it'd be possible...

Seeking New Stories

The Dark Raven

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 30, 2015, 12:00:03 AM
There is a precedent for one known Dothraki individual in Westeros from the books.  Not the show.

Zollo (I think that was what his name was) was a Dothraki member of the Brave Companions / Bloody Mummers.  I'm not sure how a Dothraki would work in what is going on, but it'd be possible...

I just want to know how the man got over his fear of water.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 30, 2015, 12:01:55 AM
I just want to know how the man got over his fear of water.

I have no idea...  I do know that he was a Dothraki though. 

Wildlings could be difficult.  They've been around for hundreds and hundreds of years since the Wall went up.  They usually go over from time to time to raid and pillage and bring back kidnapped thralls.  I don't know if they'd make it that far south, without attracting at least some attention.

Seeking New Stories

DartimusRae

If there is a history of one Dothraki crossing the salt sea, I wanna play him! I have access to many tools to play a convincing Dothraki, including the language

The Dark Raven

Quote from: DartimusRae on May 30, 2015, 12:27:03 AM
If there is a history of one Dothraki crossing the salt sea, I wanna play him! I have access to many tools to play a convincing Dothraki, including the language

With all the things going on in Westeros, I'd prefer we stick with Westerosi folk and not get into the Dothraki, quite honestly.

Heartsink

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 29, 2015, 11:52:21 PM
Awesome!

You may want to check with Aiden, who has claimed Robert Baratheon, and I am completely up for ideas and plotting as I'm playing Lyanna Stark.

Sent my CS :-) also up for anything if accepted

RedEve

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 29, 2015, 11:56:47 PM
I think the wildlings were discovered by Jon Snow and he is not born yet.  The main action is going to be going on in the south part of Westeros, with players from Winterfell (Starks and their bannermen), Lannisport (Lannisters), King's Landing, Dorne, and the Riverlands (where a lot of the action will take place).

Wildlings were around and known of long before Jon Snow.
Brothers of the Nights Watch frequently encountered groups of them on rangings beyond the Wall.
Some of them would even occasionally scale the wall and travel around the North for a bit.
e.g. Mance Rayder.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list