DC Very AU: Justice Academy [Recruitment Thread]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 13, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sye

Kinghex

If it hasn't been denoted elsewhere, I also left. Barry Allen is an available character again.

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheBlackThrone

In the future guys, when players say they are leaving or want to leave, do not try to peer pressure them to stay. Let them leave because I thought Evie left a long time ago when she first said it, and also it is not cool to do those things.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Captain Whitebread

I’m simply questioning the sudden departure, following on the heels of his entry post. He seemed to be settling nicely.

Kinghex

I'll answer questions over DM to avoid clogging the board. Broadly, I can assure it was on good terms.

Captain Whitebread

McSpooky

Hello.

I was shown your rp by a friend and liked the idea.  I see the game has already started and was curious if it was still possible to join.

Captain Whitebread

TheBlackThrone

Yes. We just have to revive all the holiday people.
The gates are open

McSpooky

Wonderful.  I was hoping it was slowing down just to the holidays instead of dying off.

I would also like to make a pitch for a character that might or might not be withing the guidelines.

Tara Markov, she always seemed more like a victim than a villain to me.  At least in most incarnations.
Perhaps using a time line where Dr. Fate found her before Deathstroke, or one where she actually lived quietly in the U.S. with her mother rather than being outcast by superstitious locals.

If that does not work for you I have several others I would be willing to play more in the normal hero rout.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 05, 2019, 08:14:21 AM
Wonderful.  I was hoping it was slowing down just to the holidays instead of dying off.

I would also like to make a pitch for a character that might or might not be withing the guidelines.

Tara Markov, she always seemed more like a victim than a villain to me.  At least in most incarnations.
Perhaps using a time line where Dr. Fate found her before Deathstroke, or one where she actually lived quietly in the U.S. with her mother rather than being outcast by superstitious locals.

If that does not work for you I have several others I would be willing to play more in the normal hero rout.

Tara is good.
The gates are open

McSpooky

lol great, I was expecting to have to make more of a pitch.

I'll finish up the character sheet and post it.

Captain Whitebread

Lucky.

I went through something like four concepts.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 05, 2019, 09:32:05 AM
lol great, I was expecting to have to make more of a pitch.

I'll finish up the character sheet and post it.

McSpooky, can you take your CS out of the character thread and post it here for review? The character thread is only for approved CSes.
The gates are open

McSpooky

Face Claim:Ellen Page
Name: Tara Markov
Alias: Tara Conners
Archetype: Terra
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 109lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: Metahuman
Personality: Brash / Stubborn / Secretive / Loyal / Confident / Independent / Lost

Current Story:
Terra has left her home in the U.S. and traveled to Markovia.  It is here she uses her powers to save a woman and child from an out of control car.  Instead of being thankful the woman calls Terra a witch.  This turns the crowd of worried and scared on lookers hostile.  During at the height of the hostilities Dr. Fate appears and saves her from the crowd by offering her a place in his academy.

Powers:
Geokinesis:
     Rock levitation – only fist and hand sized rocks at the moment (at least while in full control).

Rock wall – She can create a wall of rock.

Rock pillar – The creation of a pillar of rock for climbing on or throwing people.

Rock spike - A sharp spike or stone for offensive use.

Rock construct – a moving “creature” made of rock.

Flight – She can hang from rocks while she levitates them (it is not graceful).

Tremor sense – Terra can sense vibrations in the ground of footsteps and vehicles, as well as natural tremors.

Abilities:

Hiking/wilderness knowledge.

Geology

Character Relations: None at the moment.

TheBlackThrone

What is Tara's current story? How did you plan for her to meet Dr. Fate?
The gates are open

McSpooky

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

McSpooky

It was bulky and contained none of the information as to how she met Dr. Fate, I got the impression that was more of what you were interested in.  I can add it back in and expand it if you would like.

TheBlackThrone

Yes. You can keep the back story and the current story in one CS. The back story is important because it explains to me where your character is coming from, which can affect future events for her.
The gates are open

McSpooky

You know, I screwed up.  I got ahead of myself and made a noob mistake, and for that I do apologize. 

As I reread your messages I can't help but feel it truly pissed you off.  That is not a note I like to start on with a new GM, so I will officially bow out.  I do not wish to create further animosity of mistakes that will later impact your game.  I wish you the best of luck with it.

To those chaps who showed interest in my character, I thank you and will perhaps see you in another game.

Have fun.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 06, 2019, 08:44:16 AM
You know, I screwed up.  I got ahead of myself and made a noob mistake, and for that I do apologize. 

As I reread your messages I can't help but feel it truly pissed you off.  That is not a note I like to start on with a new GM, so I will officially bow out.  I do not wish to create further animosity of mistakes that will later impact your game.  I wish you the best of luck with it.

To those chaps who showed interest in my character, I thank you and will perhaps see you in another game.

Have fun.

Shame you feel that way. Just remember what I told you about any future games you join, you have to go through those GMs' approval process. You can't just post everything up of your own volition and jump in.
The gates are open

Gannameade

Captain Whitebread

It's wobbly but people are trying to save it after the GM withdrew.  Any assistance would be appreciated.