News:

Main Menu

RP Limits

Started by persephone325, April 14, 2013, 01:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Well, I wasn't really sure where to put this. There's no adult content in this question, but if it's not in the appropriate place feel free to move it.

Looking at members signatures/O&Os, I often see things like:

5/6 RP slots
One RP slot available

and similar things like that. My question is, how do you determine your RP availability? I know it has a lot to do with how much time you can devote to so many RPs, RL issues, and personal preference. But I'd like to know what some good starting limits are. When I first joined, I was involved in way too many RPs, and couldn't juggle them all.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Beguile's Mistress

It's something that usually evolves out of how much time a person has to devote to RP and how many stories they can carry and feel comfortable with their performance.

Oniya

A lot of it can also depend on the speed of your partners.  When I have an exceptionally fast partner, that can cut back on how many stories I feel comfortable having.  Contrariwise, if I've got partners that are slower, I might feel comfortable enough to take on an additional story or two.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Thesunmaid

I have had people whine that I was not posting multiple times a day and I would tell them..its a forum game...I am not going to sit there and post as soon as you reply. But I have had games I enjoy get put on hold because the persons real time gets in the way (I sadly have way too much time on my hands at the moment.) But I have never really thought about a limit really...I mean I have had multiple rp's going and I tried to post to them all...but I always tell people if you can't be happy with 1 post a day suck it buttercup.

But I have seen the whole this RP idea is taken and I have never done that personally because I can always say well I would be more interested in playing this at the moment..or I could say ok cool lets see your take on this...I suppose its all about personal preference.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Chris Brady

For me, it's how many characters I can juggle, and settings I can adapt to.

Although I don't have a set number.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ZephySempai

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 15, 2013, 10:12:16 PM
For me, it's how many characters I can juggle, and settings I can adapt to.

Although I don't have a set number.

I feel the same way. I usually try not to do too much at a time, and usually base how much I can handle on the specific Roleplays themselves as well as how many characters I can juggle.

Nothing's more awkward then responding to a post with the wrong character/account, lol.

Also, like Oniya mentioned, it sometimes depends on the speed of my partners as well. If we're going post-for-post back-to-back, then I tend to devote more time and attention on that one RP, however, if all the RPs are ticking by pretty slowly, say, a post a day, I tend to spread myself out more.

Unfortunately RL likes to call at random hours of the night, so my consistency is very... dynamic. I also try to take that into consideration and will usually only do one or two RPs at a time until I am certain I can devote more time to extras.