Interest check for post apocolyptic, anime style, combat game

Started by kingmaster1, April 05, 2017, 11:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

Hello!

So, it's been quite a long time since I tried to do a group game myself, had a bad experience that I have hopefully moved passed.

This new story centers around a team of chosen individuals, given magic power via a fallen meteor.

They exist in a world years after an apocalyptic event, specifically the invasion of the four horsemen. The horsemen decimated the world and its people. All 4 now reside in their 4 corners of the split planet earth, lording in their castles with their subjects. Many humans have willingly become the armies of the damned for these horsemen though few still survive and live in the normal world.

I'm looking for 4 or 5 fighters to gain these otherworldly powers, explore the world of my creation, and fight against the choking hold of the 4 horsemen.

I want to keep things fun but go particularly brutal, this will be a violent game with lots of combat (I have a system for it in mind I'll blueprint when and if I get interest) Sex will, of course, be involved and can go in several directions revolving around people's individual kinks but I'd prefer a game more centered around plot than smut.

Let's see if I get some interest, if so, I'll go into more detail about the game system, the setting, the powers one can have, and other such things. Post below if you're interested ^_^

LGBT welcome!

It's come to my attention that I forgot to add a certain important fact! So, the powers are all going to be given to their respective owners at the same time during an important event. Apologies for forgetting to add this fact! Hopefully this doesn't hurt anyone's ideas!

The way the world in this post apocolypse is quite simple, the four horsemen rule their four corners of the world, split evenly. In each section the respective horseman rules supreme, any laws set in Famine's section are null and voice in War's section and so on. Each one rules their sections how they see fit and with an iron fist.

Famine: The youngest of the four horsemen Famine is perhaps the most spoiled of his ranks. From years of ruling his section the horseman has grown obese, immensely fat and pampered. His main sanctum is his castle, constructed in the middle of his section. He is pampered day and night by his servants who do everything from clean his toes to stuffing his face to sate his bottomless appetite. All of the remaining farmland on the post invasion planet is within Famine's land. Any and every person not living in his castle is a farmer, forced to till their fields for the freshest ingredients that are immediately sent to the castle for his cooks. Very little of their product is given to the actual farmers, just enough to keep them alive.

Pestilence: Pestilence is perhaps the most subtle of his brothers, taking no single form. Pestilence can shift his physical appearance at will and will rarely take the same form for long. He rules his lands on the move, living in a colossal carriage towed by dozens of human slaves. Few humans are able to live within his lands as a constant smog persists over its entirety, those who do live constantly wearing gas masks. There are small pockets of humans still living in the otherwise baron landscape, few animals other than insects can exist here so the remainder of humanity under his rule survive off of the tiny creatures almost exclusively.

War: The lands of war are very fitting of their names, roaming bands of outlaws, bandits, and psychopaths cover the landscape. Murder, rape, cannibalism, all common occurrences under the red flag. War's citadel, a giant, spiked colloseum is the center point and the main location for entertainment. From dusk to dawn gladiatorial combat is had within those walls, humans of all varieties pitted against beasts, men, and other worldly constructs.  War himself always views the fights, judging and selecting champions for his constantly expanding army and those who could take his favor. War himself has 4 lieutenants, his most powerful followers, all ruthless in their own ways.

Death: Little is known of the land of death as no creature is able to walk into it. Legends are told of his appearance with his brothers, some say he is a walking skeleton, others say his skin is pale and eyes sunken deep into his skull. No one can be certain, not even the other horsemen have seen their brother in centuries. Setting a foot in the land of death is said to make even the healthiest and strongest collapse as their souls leave their bodies.

pdragon

potentially interested. What technology level will there be? Will it be like scraps of modern day weapons? Will the horsemen have reverted things to a more "medieval" level of technology? or will there be more futuristic elements like fallout?
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Tanglefoot

I would be interested. I have a couple ideas that are well suited for this. What frequency are you looking for in terms of posting. I can manage one post a day at least but don't want to get lost in the dust of faster players
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Alistair Leonhart

Potentially interested, depending on the details of things like the powers, and the other things the rest of you are already asking about.

Roen

You cannot go wrong with a GM like King, people.
An ever flowing fountain of inspiration, 100% flake free, stick to the game and he'll take it to the finish line.
And that's a once-in-a-lifetime guarantee! (yeah, I can do anime references too)

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

kingmaster1

Well, it's nice to see some interest!

As for the technology level I was thinking it would be scraps of modern day technology. That being said, the majority of it would be under the control of the horsemen and their armies so things like a gun could be obtainable but would be quite rare. Things like knives would be far more common and in supply for normal survivors.

When it comes to powers I want to leave it fairly open so everyone can design a power that they enjoy, there will be some limitations, however. Everyone can have one power, think a bit like X-men, and the effects of those powers can't be anything game breaking. I will also ban telekenisis, so, something like mind reading or powers like those of Jean Grey wouldn't be given. They should also be mainly combat based abilities, so something like fire or ice control, perhaps a defensive armoring ability, things like that.

As for post frequency I would say a post a day is perfectly acceptable, if it takes you longer than that please just notify everyone in the OOC and we'll plan around it.

I also have a system in place for the possibility of people dropping from the game after we get started, I'll go into that later down the line, though.

Hopefully this answers your questions ^_^

Juggtacular

Tanglefoot

We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

pdragon

That sounds good, though right off the bat I probably won't be able to stick to a daily schedule, my usual rate is around every 2-3 days.

Request Thread

kingmaster1

I'd be comfortable with most posting frequencies as long as it's not 1 a week, you know? We all have lives outside of the forums. What will be the most important thing to me would be if people were enjoying themselves.

kingmaster1

So, show of hands, how many are interested enough at the moment to want a character sheet?

Tanglefoot

pdragon

Request Thread

Juggtacular

kingmaster1

Alrighty, then!

So, here's the character sheet, please fill it out, if you like a drawing would work for the face claim just as well as a human model. If you have any questions like "Is this power too strong" or something along those lines just PM me and I'll answer anything ^_^

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Paste the URL of the image you are using here.[/img][/float]

[font=French Script MT][b][size=20pt]Character Basics[/size][/b][/font]
[b]Name:[/b] What are they called
[b]Gender:[/b] Self explanatory
[hr]

[font=French Script MT][b][size=20pt]Character Appearance[/size][/b][/font]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b] Is there anything unusual about them, piercings, tattoos, scars,  missing limbs, etc.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Personality:[/b] [/size]
What sort of person are they, how do they react to others, what pushes their buttons, what calms them down.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]History:[/b] [/size]

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [/size]

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Skills:[/b] [/size]
Talents and Skills, stuff that is not super powered goes here, like you are a Black Belt in Martial Artist, you have a skilled knowledge of electronics, you hold a PhD level education in nuclear fusion, etc.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Equipment:[/b] [/size]
What does your character carry around with them? Survival tools? Food? An animal skull?

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]Fears:[/b][/size]
Everyone needs at least one.

[hr]
[b]Other Info:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Optional
[b]On's:[/b] Optional
[b]Off's:[/b] Optional

pdragon

extra pic

Character Basics
Name: Billie Jean

Character Appearance
Distinguishing marks: Billie's most distinguishing feature is her outlandish hair style, a mixture of pompadour and pig/pony tails.

Personality:
On the outside Billie has adopted the same hardened, callous, "tough girl" persona that many women have had to take on in order to survive in such times. This is particularly prevalent in her "raider" persona, where she acts particularly viscous and aggressive towards anyone who might prove a threat to her and her own. However in truth Billie has a softer heart than most would think. She is pragmatic and toughened by her upbringing for sure, and more than a little sarcastic, but she genuinely means well and tries to help whenever and wherever possible. She treats her companions with a fair hand and has an especially soft spot for children. Almost everything she does she does for the good of her people, though sometimes she feels smothered by the pressure of it all.

History:

Billie Jean was just a little girl when the horsemen came to claim the world as their own, and thus doesn't really remember what it was like before everything changed. As far as she can remember the world has always been like this. Of course, that's not to say that it means she's comfortable with it, after all who could be? As with everyone else life for Billie has been a constant struggle for survival. Though her family was lucky enough to be in a part of the world that was desolated by the Horseman of War rather than Famine, Pestilence, or Death. So while their home was still rendered apart into mere shambles of it's former glory, all was not lost. Plants could still grow, animals could still be hunted, and the few survivors that clung to the area were not constantly hounded by the threat of disease and rot.

Still life was tough, and everyone had to play their part. From the time she was 10 Billie was working to assist her group of survivors. At first they were simple chores like organizing supplies and helping cook and clean, however as she got older her roles began to grow. She would eventually volunteer to be a runner, going out into the wastes in search of supplies left behind in the wake of the apocalypse. While it was a considerably dangerous job she proved to have a knack for it, though over the course of several incidents and near fatal encounters she came to realize something. The biggest threat to their survival wasn't the 4 horsemen, sitting comfortably in their thrones, or the nightmarish yet simple creatures who could be easily herded and avoided...no the biggest threat to them were other human survivors, desperate for what they had and willing to do unspeakable things to get them.

It was then that the settlement came up with a plan. Shortly afterwards news spread through trade caravans of a terrifying new raider band calling themselves "Diamond Dogs", whose scouts patrolled the wastes searching for victims to rob and rape and worse. Of course this was merely a ploy by Billie's settlement, who had begun disguising themselves as raiders whenever they went out, putting up scary warning signs and beast corpses to scare away would be bandits and squatters from encroaching on their turf. Of course they didn't really hurt anyone, except for the people that attacked them first of course, but the ruse worked well enough to keep them free of unwanted competition. However over time the rumors have only grown and twisted to ludicrous degrees, with the Diamond Dogs' infamy growing far beyond what any of them ever intended. Recently they had begun hearing back rumors that they were all cannibals, or some kind of crazy cult that worshiped the Horsemen, misconceptions that were humorous at first, but have begun to make some members worry that their reputations will eventually draw unwanted attention to them.

Powers/Abilities:
Smooth Criminal - Billie has the power to make surfaces/objects/people either incredibly sticky or almost completely friction-less just by touching them. While not seeming to be the most damaging power at first glance, with clever usage it grants Billie supreme control over her surroundings and her opponent's movements.

Skills:
Free running- Being a runner for her settlement Billie is skilled at getting from place to place as quickly and efficiently as possible. She also works out regularly to maintain her strength, speed, and cardio, allowing her to seemingly glide through even the most busted up areas of the city.

Scouting/Staking- Years of scavenging around the city has taught her that the key to survival lies in careful observation and planning before acting. With a proper vantage point she is capable of sizing up an area and formulating the best path through to get her in and out as quickly and safely as possible. She also takes this same approach when it comes to fighting, and will usually argue, taunt, and posture with an opponent for a bit before actually attacking so she can observe as much about them as she can before the actual fight breaks out.

Knot Tying- Originally started as just a hobby, Billie has become adept at tying a variety of useful knots.

Equipment:
- A spiked baseball bat, her primary weapon
- Medical masks to help prevent inhaling bacteria and other harmful substances
- A travel bag to carry supplies
- Survival Knife
- Rope

Fears:
-Frogs
-Centipedes
-Anything painful involving eyes
- "Vigilantes" coming to attack her family

Other Info: As part of the charade Billie plays the role of "Crazy Diamond" one of the captains of the fictious raider gang
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
On's: food play, gentle or rough sex, curves, oral (all kinds), anal, rimming, breast play, being dominant/top, cum play.
Off's: scat, guro, heavy bondage, feet

Request Thread

kingmaster1

God damn, Pdragon setting the bar high. I love her!

And very interesting power to boot! Definitely accepted!

Your character has shown me that I will be being more descriptive about the lands of the horsemen, not in a way that'll have you needing to alter anything. Just expect a bit more flushed out setting soon

pdragon

Request Thread

kingmaster1

added some blurbs about the sections of earth for reference ^_^

The lore will grow as we continue, no worries.

kingmaster1

I added a fact I forgot to mention at the beginning!

All powers acquired will be given to your characters during the same event at the beginning of the story, none are "born" powers. Sorry for not mentioning earlier ^^;