Interest check for campaign set in WH 40k recruiting [mul]

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 15, 2009, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Saga of Nouvelle

During the 3rd  sphere expansion of the Tau Empire.  During the time of  Eye of terror campaign.  That  found most of the universe races drawn into a fight initiated by Abaddon's thirteenth  black crusade.   Many Imperial legions of the Imperial forces were drawn away.  To defend the Cadian sector of the empire.   One particular  planet Xenoas  that was in the midst of a glacier ice age.  With established human colonies of the Imperialum.     Had been targeted by a Ork warboss that called for a waagh.  The Imperial planet on the fringe with the Tau empire.   Came under heavy assault.  The Vallahan 23rd regiment was hard pressed.    No support was coming from Earth.    The colonies and planet would have been over run.    But the Tau  in forming the third sphere sept of Fi'rios.   Turned the tide for the planet of Xenoas with waves of fire squads and hunter cadres.   That in a uneasy battle field alliance with the 23rd regiment of Vallahan.   Drove  off the Ork waagh.   

It is after the battle that changed things for the humans on the planet.  It was the support and help given by the Tau commander O'Shovah.  So when the Tau commander invited the human settlements of this world to join the Tau empire.  They did so without reservation.  Even the Vahallan 23rd regiment.   Xenoas was not the only planet with human colonies that separated from the Imperialum to join the Tau Empire.  In being part of the third sphere sept of Fi'rios.   

Gue'vesa,  the Tau word for humans  meaning human helpers.    The Vahallan imperial guardsmen long known for their experience and knowledge in fighting  Orks.    The descendent's  of the regiment.  Have carried on the tradition of where they come from.  One of the first lines of defense of Xenoas.   In addition one of the first the prime sources of Gue'vesa  auxiliary hunter cadres.   However, to the Imperialum, these humans are traitors to the emperor and mankind.   

A hundred years has past.    The Tau have just finished a grand expedition in learning of the warp.  In order to start the fourth sphere of expansion.   However, as the data came in.  Through rich in detail, it brought to conclusion that the third sphere of expansion still needed to be consolidated.  Thus  tracking a Ork fleet in the sector.   The Tau  would follow the fleet.    The Orks once again a warboss has declared a waagh.  The target a planet similar to Xenoas and Valhalla.  Known as  Nouvelle, with small Imperialum colonization.  The climate running from 30 F to 35 F.   The small colonies on the planet come under attack by the Orks.   The Tau would take action,  knowing if the Orks are not stopped here.   That the waagh could grow.  So fire teams are dropped with hunter cadres.   Yet unknown to the  Imperial fleet has been tracking the Ork Fleet also.   Of the three the Tau force is the smallest.  As chaos ensues on the planet.   The Ork waagh is largeness has been under estimated by both the Tau and Imperial fleet.   For a second Ork fleet was also heading to Nouvelle.    One advantage the Tau have is the fact that their auxiliary Gue'vesa hunter cadres from Xenoas is knowledge able of the lay of the planet.   Having been deployed here before.  In scouting for the upcoming fourth expansion now on hold.   The assimilation of the planet was scrapped, long before the idea of holding off on the fourth expansion.   For the Por (water caste)  had agreed to a withdrawal of contention for the planet Nouvelle.   Gue'vesa La Gigi Sigmonsonn is one such that has served time on the planet.  Her hunter cadre is deployed.   

Imperial fleet;  Reports were coming in that the Tau were reported also engaged within the  sector of engagement  with the Waagh fleet.   That was currently attacking the colony planet of Nouvelle.  In addition a second fleet of Orks is detected.   As multiple Imperial guardsman regiments are deployed on to the planet side.    Along with many auxiliary support personal assigned to the various Imperial  guard regiments. Acting swift, and perhaps in great error.   The Imperial fleet would attack and destroy the Tau fleet.     

Which would prove down the road to be a choice the Imperial fleet if given again would not have done.     Without the presence of the Tau in space.  The two Ork fleets were able to flank the Imperial fleet.  Despite inflicting heavy loss upon the Ork fleets.   The sustained fleet loss of the Imperial fleet is near catastrophic.   The fleet is forced to pull back from the engagement.   Thus for the moment unable to support the ground forces deployed   With resources heavily deployed elsewhere in the Imperialum.    Reinforcements will be long in coming.   But more then that, the ground forces were  now without key orbital barrage support. 

While on the ground,  the fighting is intense.  As the beleaguered colony is barely holding out.  A three way fight has ensued between the Imperial troops,  Tau and  Orks.    In one particular front, the western  front.   The adversaries are  having to deal with  near white out conditions of blizzard like conditions. Major break downs of command structure and ranks.  As regiment and even unit integrity has broken down.  As whole regiments break in the onslaught of carnage that ensues.   The loss of support, the orbital strikes is catastrophic for the Imperial Guard.   

Out of this beleaguered remnants  a small cadre group of harden experience survivors are forming.  A group that is five to six strong.    Communications have broken down in addition.  For the static of the planet interferes to much with the bounce of across the planet of radio communications.  With out the satellite redirect beam from the fleet above.  It has contributed to the chaos on the planet.  Basically turning the guard regiments and units into the chaos.    So it leads to this these forming mix matched pockets of the remnants. 

The size of the Ork waagh has been sorely underestimated.  Through  they themselves are in total chaos in the theater of battle front.   There shear numbers form a more cohesive  force.   The band of heroes would come upon a group of Orks.  That hold Tau prisoners.  In addition the remnants of a shadow sword company.  The markings are of the bravo company  of the 7th  cavalry brigade.  From the mechanized 22nd Vahallan regiment.  The Orks are trying to get one of the shadow swords started.    Well the only one that is still serviceable.    The band that has formed up is able to catch the Orks  in complete surprise.     Through one war buggy manages to escape.  Leaving the prospect of Ork units returning.     Now the group is face with having Orks had Tau prisoners.   Sometimes harsh measures have to be taken.   With being lost, not sure of the troop strengths of the Tau or Orks in the area.   Or what is left of the Imperial guard.   The  Ork and Tau prisoners would need to be killed.   They just did not have enough food to accommodate  and feed prisoners of war.   Or let alone watch them, and to let either go could very well mean their own deaths.     But as the group goes to carry out the nefarious deed of necessity.  One of the prisoners is a  human woman.   A Tau sympathizer, a traitor.   Before they can carry out the executions.  One of the Tau speaks out in  low gothic.   A water caste Tau.   He pleads not for his life.  But for the woman's, who he calls Gigi.  It seems she is knowledgeable of the world and terrain.  That she could be used to get the lost group to the colony.   Even with a pysker who  could possibly guide then in direction to the colony.  He would not be able to guide or navigate the terrain.  Which in itself is very deadly.   The traitor though would be of value in such.

In addition the group will have to deal with Orks and Tau.   The ever present of the marauder masters  the Dark Eldar a raiding force.  Has enter the sector.  A planet under siege is a choice morsel for collecting slaves.   While unknown to even the gue'vesa  guide.  A dark sinister force has been slowly corrupting the colony.   

This will be run using Dark Hersey rules or free form.     Four to six slots are open, in which all are required to be male characters.  As for character class and type that is open, though if decided in system.   The starting level will be at 500xp. 

The game will be set in NC-E system small games or NC-E free form small games.   The game through set in NC-E.   It is a plot driven  game.  Of the survivors making their way across hostile terrain and territory.    Of course, the group if need to relieve themselves have the captured traitor guide.   And yes the group has the possibility in traveling in the remaining shadow sword. 

If interested please say type of character, and if prefer free form or system. setting.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright the emperor is giving away free stuff.    He told me so.

Paladin

I love Dark Heresy, I'm just not big on the character options provided.

sciurindae

likewise :S

Though I'd be interested in the adept if maybe he was an acolyte of a radical inquisitor separated from his cell, and had access to the sorcerer abilities?

Or if I could be a psyker

while adepts can (arguably) shine in a city/hive based where they can bring there red-tape cutting or other skills into play, but in a wielderness survival/war game they'd be kinda useless/lacluster

Elven Sex Goddess

Good points,   got carried away with background.     Will tweak it in adjustment.   

sciurindae

Okay :) maybe allow people to come up with their own characters? like allow an assassin, thug, or arbitrator too?  Blizzard and siege should make it relatively easy for everyone to get together.

And I'm a fan of dark heresy

Oh and I'd like to play a psyker, or the aforementioned sorcerer adept

If a pc or two is an inquisitorial acyolyte, cut off from their cell, it could make things interesting and provide a handy 'hook' for the game to continue if they survive long enough to get off planet :)

Paladin

I know I was wanting to try an Assasin or Psycer myself but since Scurine beat me to it I can do Assasin

snow

i read this and it looks really intresting, but i was wandering if we still do have to abide by the set chr's
RAWR! (it means i love you in dinosaur =S)

i do not understand what i do...it is no longer I myself who dose it, but it is evil living in me...for what i do not the good i want to do; no, the evil i do not want to do---this i keep on doing...i fined this law at work when i see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the laws of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of evil, i my self in my mind am a slave to goods laws, but in the evil nature a slave to the laws of evil

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: snow on February 18, 2009, 10:20:58 AM
i read this and it looks really intresting, but i was wandering if we still do have to abide by the set chr's

No,  as I have redone the back drop of the scenario.  To leave the group formed open to the type of characters that each want.   Taking in suggestion from everyone that has shown interest.

The only restriction being in gender.  Which pretty much excludes a concept coming from the Adeptus Sororitas. But then the forces of the Imperialum is of the Imperial guard and not a force of the Ecclesiarchy.   Nor is  there a space marine chapter involved in this excursion that has erupted and flamed into a full blown battle front. 

Paladin

sciurindae

^^

so how will we be doing stats?

as written in dark heresy?

as written but get to choose which roll goes where? (so to avoid things such as a psyker with +20 strength but +2 willpower?)

or one of the various point-buy alternatives that people have come up with?

do we start with the regular starting gear? or do we have extra or less?

Elven Sex Goddess

Paladin - Assassin

Now in regards to the question on point buy.   I still need to know if want system or free form.   Though to answer the question over creation with Dark Hersey rules. 

The characteristics,  make nine rolls and place them in choosing   for generating your character concept.   While other stuff of what planet, age, hair color and such.   That I leave up to the player.  If want to be from a hive world or a feral world it is fine.   No need to roll such unless want to.

As for equipment,  as per each class package.   And for buying extra that can be done.  As each class type will get the max roll for starting thrones (as example an assassin max is 120 + 3d10 would be 150.)  That can buy additional equipment in round out the characters. 

Also one addition to keeping with the starting backdrop of the campaign.  The scum class is out from starting selection. 

Paladin

sciurindae

hehe, if hear you sneak then not good ninja :P

and I take it that since only men are allowed (why not open it up to females? :P ) that taking the 'Chem Geld' 'talent' is not allowed? :P

Should we PM you our rolls and our sheets?

since there seem to be only two of us so far and both Paladin and I seem interested in using Dark Heresy?

Maybe you could play an extra npc or two to take the guards(wo)men slots or the like? :D (yay orgies? Hail Slaanesh! :P )

Elven Sex Goddess

No need to pm me the rolls.  I trust, and see not the point to be a tyrant in such.  I have found that in running games in other genres.  That the troupe of players police themselves.   Its amazing when one tries to get an advantage how the party around the table will conspire to kill the character. 

A sciurindae,  I will plead I want to keep the game plot driven on story and not based on sex. 

(But if one really thinks about it, my poor npc is set up for gang bangs.)   :P   

sciurindae

hehe, such a set up for your character and the limit of 'no female characters' is the source of my confusion :P

Edit:
Another question regarding gear:  What are we likely to find laying around at the start or have from the background of the game itself?  So that we don't spend our little starting gold on say a primitive chain coat only to have a few suits of imperial guard flak armour laying about :P

Elven Sex Goddess

It would be a good assumption that Imperial guard flak armor might be in good supply.  I suppose a few could still be serviceable.    ;)

Also with that thought.   Be reasonable and sensible in buying clips and power packs for weapons.  Not something where you expected a year supply.    Because  the dead will be providing ample supplies.   As the front is like the Russian front for the Germans.   In terms of conditions and such. 

sciurindae

Looks around, and bumps with a question, "So will the game happen if there's just two of us? or do you need a full group?"

Am still interested

Elven Sex Goddess

If just the two, think rather just go freeform with it.  Thou give it a week, plus I been under the weather since weekend with the flu. 

sciurindae

Primarch

I'd be very interested in a good 40k based game, but I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the Dark Heresy rules. I did a quick scan over the wikipedia page on the game, and think I'd enjoy playing a Guardsman. If you folks still plan on going ahead with this game.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes still planning such.      And thank you for your interest Pirmarch and your more then welcome.   A guardsman is great, needed such.

As for starting, is looking for one more at least.