Looking for an Exalted 3e game!

Started by Alistair Leonhart, April 03, 2018, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alistair Leonhart

Outcastes cannot become Dynasts unless adopted by a Great House (which is a no-no) What gets offered is the razor or the coin, meaning, they can either join the Immaculate Order as monks or they can join the Imperial Legions as soldiers. The luckiest you can get is if you manage to marry into a Great House, years after you took the coin, and even then the sole logistics of it would take a story or two merely to resolve the marriage xD Not everyone would take the offer, so not every lost egg found by a Dynast outside the Realm will be recruited (The ones in the Blessed Isle are forced to.)

Avalon29

Well, finished the changes to my character and added everything to the new website/tracker. Hopefully the link works

https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/404

TFcommando

Fiddled around a bit more... Defend Other can be used on battlegroups, so I switched out a charm for War Lion Stance.

I have Arms of the Chosen now.  Should I try and work up her daiklave specs, or just suggest what I'd like and let you do it?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Alistair Leonhart

We can both work on the specifics of the blade to come up with something balanced and cool :3

KrataLightblade

Alistair Leonhart

I sent you a PM with instructions on how to join the Chronicle at LotCastingAtemi ^^

TFcommando

Quote from: Alistair Leonhart on April 24, 2018, 08:57:38 AM
We can both work on the specifics of the blade to come up with something balanced and cool :3

I had an idea for a sword made for a balanced fighting style... it'd have a yin-yang symbol set in the pommel or guard to symbolize that.  The first evocation would be something that adds one to the Defense rating or one to the Accuracy for one instant or one attack, but each use has to be reset by the other.  Once you boost the Defense, you can't use it again until you've used it to boost Accuracy and attack. 

Another could enhance Monkey Leap and Thunderbolt Attack Prana by adding a second range band upwards when attacking (not across, just up).  Jumping is balanced... you go up, you come back down. :) 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Alistair Leonhart

Sounds good! I'm assuming Blue Jade, since that's the one usually associated with jumping higher and whatnot. But yes, those two sound like a possibility for a 3 dot Artifact's Essence 1 Evocations.

TFcommando

Makes sense.  Maybe with some orichalcum detailing, giving it abilities that only people resonant with orichalcum can unlock.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Alistair Leonhart

Not really necessary to. If you lock Evocations behind Solar Charms like Monkey Leap Technique and Thunderbolt Attack Prana and make the rest of the Evocations have that one as a prerequisite, then obviously only Solars will be able to access them. Since all Artifacts, in theory, awaken different Evocations for different users, Evocations unique to your character are already a thing xD Feel free to still give it Orichalcum details if you like the aesthetics though.

TFcommando

What's more important than style and aesthetics?! :)

We need to figure if the Evocations is unlocked with attunement, experience points or some particular deed.  It might have the Disarming tag, since it's an elegant blade for fighting with skill rather than chopping things in half.

I've got to finalize my Intimacies, find a good picture... Where's everyone else?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Alistair Leonhart

The others have finished their character but our Eclipse dropped, so I'll see if someone else is interested.

As for the Evocations, how it usually goes is: You get an attunement bonus which is like a passive power, then you start buying Evocations with SXP, and sometimes one of the Evocations is specially unlocked by some condition you must fulfill. But that's the exception, same with unlocking them from attunement (unless you give up the attunement bonus to unlock the first one for free, which sometimes happens. Some other times you get both a bonus and a free Evocation but that usually happens with 4 and 5 dot artifacts, not so much with 3 dotters). Most of the time you just cough up 10 SXP for them :P

And sure, it can have the Disarming tag.

Marie Reynolds

So being an outcast Dragon Blooded  would artifacts be off the table?

Alistair Leonhart

Nope, not at all! You might have found one or two of them over the course of a journey, or as a family heirloom, or gifted to you by your sifu as the symbol of your Dojo... there's countless ways you can come across into one, like Solars can.

Also, since we have an Eclipse slot open now, feel free to switch over if you'd prefer that~

Marie Reynolds

I could port my Dragon blooded concept over to an eclipse caste, if  you need a  full circle.

Alistair Leonhart

There's no need to port anything if you don't mind playing as your DB concept, I was just offering ^^

Marie Reynolds

It does not bother me  to switch from Dragon Blood to Solar.  So the sheet seems to be messing up and tracking everything in experience even though  I have not spent creation points.

KrataLightblade

I didn't drop!  I just had some trouble linking my sheet to the chronicle for some reason.

Edit: Which is why I'm apparently there three times?  Weird.  I dunno what happened there, probably a caching issue for me.  Sorry for the delay on that.

Alistair Leonhart

Wait, were you making an Eclipse? O _O Alright, someone dropped then lol, I thought they were the Eclipse. Anyway, no problem, I didn't mean you!

Also, Marie, if you mean the Starting XP, don't mind it, it's just a thing it does.

Marie Reynolds

Alistair Leonhart

...huh, alright, I think I might have gotten one player too many and not realized until the last moment lol. My bad! Seems spots are still all in place, with ChangingSaint as a Dawn, TFCommando as a Zenith, Avalon as a Twilight, Lizzie as a Night and Krata as an Eclipse, plus Marie as a Dragon-Blooded.

KrataLightblade

Whew, I was worried I'd done a big bad somewhere there for a minute!

Marie Reynolds

Cool I will stay in the dragon blooded lane  then!

So Should I post my sheet before I work on intimacies to get them approved and then making ties and  making appropriate intimacies with other pcs?

Alistair Leonhart

Sure thing! Feel free to.

As a side note, I was considering making a Discord server for the game so that we can communicate more fluidly, as well as having better options for the dice rolling, etc. Mostly for OOC and rolling dice so we can then work on a post accordingly. Is there interest in this?

Marie Reynolds

Cool I will get it up shortly.

Well discord is a no go for me I have some  coworkers  on discord and its  a christian company  i work for. So I cannot risk them stumbling on the  games discord channel.